PDA

View Full Version : USA vs. THE WORLD - April 24th

nesnl
04-01-2010, 03:19 AM
USA vs. THE WORLD
TBD and BALL Championships

To coincide with the end of the first ladder season I am going to set up the first tournament for the best of the best to duke it out to finally decide who is better at Altitude, the USA or THE WORLD!

The format will be simple and will follow these rules:

Each team will be composed of the top 5 (TBD) and 6 (BALL) ratings on the respective ladder for the USA and any other country for THE WORLD.
The scores used to decide the rankings will be the scores at 8PM EST on April 15th, which is the end of the ladder season.
If a player does not wish to participate, can't make the time, doesn't show up, then it will fall to the next highest score on the ladder.
It will be a best of three series for both the TBD and Ball modes.
The maps played will be the 3 maps with the highest played percentage on the ladder for both TBD and Ball. I will announce these maps as the ladder closes.
The maps will be played in the order of their play percentage. There is no voting or vetoing maps.

The matches will be played on April 24th, which is a week after the ladder season ends. The BALL matches will occur at 10AM ET (2PM GMT) and the TBD matches will occur at 11AM ET (3PM GMT).

Servers:

USA vs. WORLD - BALL - 1400 GMT
USA vs. WORLD - TBD - 1500 GMT

So gear up and get your rankings as high as you can to ensure you represent your side of the battle!

Commence the trash talk / flaming of USA or THE WORLD! Predictions welcome as well!

MAP LIST
TBD:

1st - Asteroids (23.27%)
2nd - Cave (20.08%)
3rd - Core (19.1%)

BALL:

1st - Darkwar (14.54%)
2nd - Snow (12.12%)
3rd - Mayhem2 (9.33%)

TEAM TBD USA
Starters:

[L*]Esoteric
(||)Matattack
(||)UFO
(||)Shiro
(||)On1x

Bench:

(||)Mikesol
ACE.Zidane
(||)Maverick
[L*]Smushface
(||)NastyManatee
[fLb]gameguard
|Nathor
King!
[FN]Monxy Fist
protest boy

(Removed players: ACE.Bobo)

TEAM TBD WORLD
Starters:

IL|Flight 666
[fLb]Ingbo
ACE.tyr
|J.C.|Flyingbanana
ACE.Cloud

Bench:

KLF.mled
lambchops
[AS]ImperialAndy
{ball}wolf'j'max
[fLb]BG1
ACE.Stormich
|sky rockets
[FN]Beagle
[FN]uberknarf
DW|A.Arshavin

(Removed players: eth)

TEAM BALL USA
Starters:

Brillo
{ball}Nikon
a frail old lady
{ball}drunkguava
{ball}sky
(||)UFO

Bench:

{arr}Goose
///tVo.Spark
IL|Radium
{ball}Syphun
powerwheels
{LW} Armada-X
[L*]Esoteric
Ron-E
ACE.Maimer
tmic225
{ball}awesome
(||)matattack

(Removed players: ryebone)

TEAM BALL WORLD
Starters:

O.o
{arr}Void
///tVo.Val
{arr}D4rt
{arr}Tominator
///tV0.StarDust

Bench:

KLF.mled
{ball} Kai
{arr}Sunaku
{ball} Don't Follow
{arr}Wolfey
{ball}wolf'j'max
Snowgoat
{arr}gemi
ACE.Stormich
William Adama
Kaizen!
{ball} Tortilla

(Removed players: )

elxir
04-01-2010, 03:32 AM
eagerly anticipating my inevitable 13 game losing streak to take me out of contention

Greekjr14
04-01-2010, 03:52 AM
USA! USA! USA! USA!
Go Greece too

combat
04-01-2010, 03:59 AM
You call this a competition. Nothing will stand in the way of MURICA.

TRUEPAiN
04-01-2010, 04:18 AM
eagerly anticipating my inevitable 13 game losing streak to take me out of contention

Anything happens in ball ladder. Regardless though, considering the amount of skill in ball ladder.. although probably not the best, the top 6 will definitely be good enough to serve.

CCN
04-01-2010, 04:40 AM
6/top 10 TBD are not US :O
300 places to ball ladder, gogogo

nobodyhome
04-01-2010, 05:07 AM
The only thing that will get past the USA team is the world team's unbelievable lag.

USA!

drunkguava
04-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Eso just took my 1 spot in ball ladder... at least it's still in the country i suppose.

USA USA!

(i prob can't make any games on the 16th anyway :()

Esoteric
04-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Hopefully the tbd and ball games are at different times.

/brag

wolf'j'max
04-01-2010, 06:57 AM
Hopefully the tbd and ball games are at different times.

/brag

Lol you guys know the timezones? So non USA will have tge earliest match at 11 and 12 PM (GMT) and latest about 9 and 10 am
lol. Better find some earlier times :s

nesnl
04-01-2010, 07:00 AM
Well we can do whatever you guys want. I have it now so that the games will be played the day after the ladder ends. If you want we can postpone the games for a week so that players can decide if they can make it or not and there is time to finalize the teams for the matches. However, the Ball league is starting on Saturdays and APL is on Sundays, so thats why i scheduled the games for Friday. Anyone have any thoughts?

Also, the Ball games are going to be first as they are typically faster and then the TBD games will be afterwards, probably an hour later. That way if a player is on both teams they can participate in both.

Stormich
04-01-2010, 07:07 AM
I'm not sure if Flight will want to play since he's been busy with his family stuff...
Too bad I'm out of the top for both modes but w/e :)

EDIT: Oh, also, Bob quit

Also it's a bit rediculous if the stats remain the same, it's basically Europe vs Eso+Sammich

D4rt
04-01-2010, 07:11 AM
Sounds like a fun idea. :)

Atm it would look like 3 {arr}s arr gonna be in the ball team. End the season sooner before I drop out. :(

matattack
04-01-2010, 07:32 AM
as the game time stands, i wouldnt be able to make it :( only weekends for me sadly ._.

drunkguava
04-01-2010, 08:34 AM
I'll talk with CCN, we'll see if we can adjust the ball league games around these in order to do them saturday. Not promising anything though.
Just dropped to 5th place... 8 game losing streak at the end of the season=bad timing D:

Tosconi
04-01-2010, 09:41 AM
That's a nice idea - but are you kidding - at 6 and 7 pm EST? - this time totally doesn't pass to the world. In Europe I'll be 1am, in Asia about 5, in Australia smth like 7am...

The only fair time is between 12-3pm EST.

Sunaku
04-01-2010, 02:48 PM
If you want we can postpone the games for a week so that players can decide if they can make it or not and there is time to finalize the teams for the matches.
I think adding time between the end of the ladder and the matches would be a wise idea as the ladders can move pretty fast. So that people can see if they are concerned and as you said, be there or not.
Anyway, good promising event there :)

nesnl
04-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Okay, we will postpone the matchups for a week after the ladder ends to ensure that everyone knows who is going to participate and who will be available as alternates if someone else can't show up.

So the new date will be Saturday April 24th. I know that this is the same day as the Ball league so hopefully CCN and I can work something out so that the schedules on that day don't overlap. For now the tentative times will be 1PM for the Ball matches and 2PM for the TBD matches. I do this so that the times can more fair for everyone as opposed to a weekday schedule where the times would have to be adjusted.

CCN
04-02-2010, 02:55 AM
i'll pm you a schedule with your time put in as soon as my fever breaks.

-CCN

Beagle
04-02-2010, 07:54 AM
This will be the most high-profile chance to lag bomb yet.

I must do this.

Dougie
04-15-2010, 03:09 PM
anybody recording these matches for sticking on youtube? I want to see the matches!

Demuyt
04-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Go Greece too

Agreed :D But you're not really greek, are you?

Greekjr14
04-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Agreed :D But you're not really greek, are you?

yea i am greek, but i live in the US

{BL}sky
04-16-2010, 12:45 AM
i cant make the 24th unless it is later then 4 Pm eastern or like startin at 10 am eastern. Srry if this changes stuff

nesnl
04-16-2010, 01:24 AM
I have updated the first post in this thread to reflect the starters and bench for each of the 4 respective teams. Please post in this thread if you are going to make the matches or not. They are merely fun matches and there is no pressure to be there. DO NOT ASSUME THAT WE KNOW YOU WILL SHOW UP. Post here and let us know you intend to play (or if you intend to not play). If you choose not to play I will take your name off the list and then move everyone else's name up on the list and add another bench player. If you are listed as a bench player when the matches roll around, feel free to show up and if for some reason one of the starters doesn't show up then you can play in the games.

The BALL games are going to be played at 12PM EST (4PM GMT) and the TBD games are going to be played at 1PM EST (5PM GMT) on April 24th. This is right before the scheduled matches for the Ball League. It is a Saturday.

I also posted the map list for each of the game types. Each match-up will be a best of 3 and the maps will be played IN THE ORDER IN WHICH THEY ARE LISTED (which is based off their played percentage).

Nikon
04-16-2010, 01:48 AM
YAY I am going to play, But will you please please please please just change the time 1 or 2 hours earlier for the ball matches? If not I still might be able to make it but please, it wouldn't hurt anyone.

Goose
04-16-2010, 02:10 AM
Ball matches are going to be 5v5 instead of 6v6?

drunkguava
04-16-2010, 02:16 AM
I can make any time on the 24th. Shouldn't we have 6 starters and bench players for the ball match? It's not that big of a deal, we can have 6 starters and 4 bench players, but I just thought i'd point it out.

USA USA

Beagle
04-16-2010, 02:48 AM
I didn't make it, mom

one day wasn't enough ;_;

nesnl
04-16-2010, 03:06 AM
Ball matches are going to be 5v5 instead of 6v6?

Sorry about that, was just me being tired and copying and pasting the list from the tbd and then replacing the names. I didn't think about the 6 players for the team. Ball matches will definitely still be 6v6. I will fix it and update the changes tomorrow.

Spark Spurlock
04-16-2010, 03:12 AM
I'll be there to support my nation and sit on the bench. Or play.

Kuja900
04-16-2010, 03:58 AM
I didn't make it, mom

one day wasn't enough ;_;

Want me to mail you a pizza roll?

ufo
04-16-2010, 05:37 AM
i play yayay

DiogenesDog
04-16-2010, 07:26 AM
team world (tbd) is going to fricking rape team USA silly. holy cow.

Goose
04-16-2010, 08:20 AM
I'll be there as a bench warmer for the ball team. Should be an interesting matchup.

{BL}sky
04-16-2010, 08:31 AM
can i know when the match is si u can tell u if i can make it

gemigemi
04-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Nice to see so many {arr} members in the ball teams and on the ball benches. Good job guys! I haven't had the time to keep my rank high enough, but it's good to see that you others have.

nesnl
04-16-2010, 01:36 PM
can i know when the match is si u can tell u if i can make it

The ball matches begin at 12PM EST (4PM GMT).

Tosconi
04-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Maimer - 12pm EST = 5pm GMT (right now)

Nikon
04-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Maimer is the ball match time absolutely final? Could you make it a different day? Or like I said just a hour or two hours earlier?

{BL}sky
04-16-2010, 03:14 PM
ya please change it like 1 hour earlier at least please

nesnl
04-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Maimer - 12pm EST = 5pm GMT (right now)

Pretty sure that is incorrect. Every resource I can find shows that EST = GMT-4 currently. So for example, at the time of this post it is 11:16 EST and 15:16 GMT. That is a 4 hour difference.

{BL}sky
04-16-2010, 03:23 PM
can you tell me the final time is it gonna be 11 eastern or 12 i cant make 12 but if you make it 11 everyone can make it.

nesnl
04-16-2010, 04:45 PM
can you tell me the final time is it gonna be 11 eastern or 12 i cant make 12 but if you make it 11 everyone can make it.

Not sure yet. I know that you and Nikon want it earlier, but let me see what the rest of hte people say.

Tosconi
04-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Maimer - don't know mate, but 28.03 Europe including England also change time for daylight savings. England is definitely -1 hour from Germany (right now) and Germany (CET) is +6 EST.

EST was +4 GMT and +5 CET only for two weeks, now it's back to normal

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html - here it also shows it's +5 GMT (you just have to note, it shows GMT +1, EST -4, which makes 5 hours).

nesnl
04-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Maimer - don't know mate, but 28.03 Europe including England also change time for daylight savings. England is definitely -1 hour from Germany (right now) and Germany (CET) is +6 EST.

EST was +4 GMT and +5 CET only for two weeks, now it's back to normal

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html - here it also shows it's +5 GMT (you just have to note, it shows GMT +1, EST -4, which makes 5 hours).

Well I dont really know what to tell you. Currently, it is 1:26PM EST (I live here and this is what all the clocks say too!) According to every world clock on the internet it says that it is 5:26PM GMT. So that is 4 hours difference. I really don't want to confuse people at this point.

Here is a good link that shows the time in New York City in relation to GMT.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/new-york/new-york-city/time/index.htm

Tosconi
04-16-2010, 05:58 PM
I know man and I also don't want to confuse anyone (the point is, that people know the right time). Your post is dated 19:28 CET (which is +6 hours CET and GMT is definitely -1 hour from here (London has never been 2 hours from Berlin). Don't really know why your link shows the time in such a way. Well I think simply someone from Britain should post here a message.

Void
04-16-2010, 09:47 PM
I would really appreciate it if the ball match can be moved back an hour or two.

ryebone
04-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Saturday 9am PST for ball... I dunno, but I think I'll be a longshot to make it so I'm willing to give my spot to the next guy on the list. Go USA.

Nikon
04-16-2010, 10:44 PM
So we have 3 people that want it moved back 2 hours maimer.

mled
04-16-2010, 11:08 PM
ohh great im starting bench :D yay great cant wait to play this

MajorPayne257
04-17-2010, 04:13 AM
Well I dont really know what to tell you. Currently, it is 1:26PM EST (I live here and this is what all the clocks say too!) According to every world clock on the internet it says that it is 5:26PM GMT. So that is 4 hours difference. I really don't want to confuse people at this point.

Here is a good link that shows the time in New York City in relation to GMT.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/new-york/new-york-city/time/index.htm

I'm not really sure what is up with that site, but it's wrong. Or I'm reading it wrong, but either way, they need to clean it up.

To quickly clear this issue up...

As of this very moment in time, EST = GMT - 5.

I live in Arizona, but since we don't mess around with Daylight Savings Time (because we're awesome), I'm in the same time zone as the west coast, meaning that DST is in effect. BUT that does not affect the difference between GMT and EST because they both use DST.

So!

GMT = 5:13 AM (+/- 0)
EDT = 12:13 AM ( - 5)
PDT = 9:13 PM ( - 8)

AZ = 9:13 PM

EDIT: If DST was not in effect, this is what it would look like right now:

GMT = 4:13 AM
EST = 11:13 PM
PST = 8:13 PM

AZ = 9:13 PM

Hope that clears it up!

D4rt
04-17-2010, 06:53 AM
I also would like the matches to be moved back by two hours or so.

andy
04-17-2010, 11:56 AM
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html this has never failed me, put new york then the time in EST, and the your city..

this is what i got converting 12pm EST: New York (U.S.A. - New York) sabato 17 aprile 2010, 12.00.00 UTC-4 hours EDT = London (U.K. - England) sabato 17 aprile 2010, 17.00.00 UTC+1 hour BST

its in italian but i guess you can understand it.

Shiro
04-17-2010, 02:36 PM
I don't think I can make it next weekend...

nesnl
04-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Alright, I think I see the confusion of time zones. When I say EST, I just mean the Eastern time zone in the US. Basically, we call it EST year round. So right now the time here is GMT-4. So don't worry, people are still gonna show up at the right time because the people who live in this time zone will know what time it is currently and everyone else can base it off GMT.

I will go ahead and move both matches back 2 hours and hopefully that will fix everyone's problems. However, that means that the games are going to be now at 7 in the morning if you live west coast so not much I can do at that point.

So new times are:

BALL Matches - 2PM GMT (10AM ET)
TBD Matches - 3PM GMT (11AM ET)

I am going to start adjusting the rosters soon as well by taking the names out of the people who say they can't make it. So if you see these people ask them if they are going to make it and if they will post. As people get removed from the lists I will move up the people from the bench slots into the starters. Remember, even though you may be listed as a bench player, still show up just in case someone from the starters list doesn't show up (which is probably pretty likely).

nesnl
04-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Okay, I have updated the first page with the current rosters that accounts for people who won't be able to make it. That means that some people have moved up from bench warmers to the starting lineup. If you are on a team please check with the other members who are on the lineup and see if they are going to play. I am not going to track everyone down, so if everyone takes a little time to check with thier friend then hopefully we can ensure that we get these games played.

{BL}sky
04-18-2010, 02:37 AM
thank you for changing it, I can make the match(:

wolf'j'max
04-18-2010, 03:32 PM
woot thank you so much for changing the times, now i can make it!

Peanut Butter
04-18-2010, 10:04 PM
a frail old lady reporting in

I should be able to make the match.

Flight 666
04-18-2010, 10:12 PM
oh i will play?!?
cool.

Maverick
04-18-2010, 10:59 PM
wait so when is the official time this is going down? and will i get to play as a bench warmer?

andy
04-18-2010, 11:10 PM
we could have bench vs bench if everyone shows up that could be cool too, so everyone gets to play..

nesnl
04-19-2010, 12:32 AM
The times are listed in the main post. Originally the "bench" players were only listed so that people could show up in the event that the starters didn't show up, but in all honesty it could be done differently. I say we just wait and see how many people show up and go from there.

Shiro
04-19-2010, 01:14 AM
Maimer, I can make it too the matches, If it's not too much trouble, put me back on the starters for tbd? thanks

nesnl
04-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Servers are up!

Names are:

USA vs. WORLD - BALL - 1400 GMT
USA vs. WORLD - TBD - 1500 GMT

They both are 40 player max so that everyone can watch. Be respectful and let the people play. Anyone who causes trouble feel free to kick!

Also, don't forget to familiarize yourself with the map list. The maps have a specific play order as outlined in the rules. I am also going to extend the "bench" list in the case that not enough people from the starters or bench list show up.

nesnl
04-24-2010, 03:32 AM
Just one more note before tomorrow. I realize not everyone reads the forums, so if someone is there for tomorrow and doesn't know the rules or the teams, please direct them to this thread.

Remember, the game is to be played by the starters on the list. If a starter doesn't show up then and only then does a bench player go in. The order in which a bench player gets on the team is based on their order on the list. Bench players don't play in the matches for any other reason.

Also, the starters and the bench players are based off the standings as of the official season 1 ladder end. They are not based off the rankings as of today or tomorrow. So just because someone moved up the list since the ladder season ended does not mean they moved up the list for this game.

Stormich
04-24-2010, 08:45 AM
lol, I just came back after a couple of days of no PC and I find out I'm benched on both teams, I thought I was gonna miss both lol

{ice} stardust
04-24-2010, 11:01 AM
hi all,
we just checked the servers and they are very very bad for all the Europe players.
we have 150-200 ping, where usa have under 50 pings..
i think this can influence the game..
i know it isnt realy possiable to switch servers now
but if we can get a server like skyleague 5 that is good to EU and to usa that will be great and make the games more fun.

Stormich
04-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Yes, we'll put them in the middle of the Atlantic, we could host them on some off short oil rig lol. While it could get a little bit better if the servers we're on the east coast and not in Chigaco, it would just be a minor difference.

D4rt
04-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Yes, we'll put them in the middle of the Atlantic, we could host them on some off short oil rig lol. While it could get a little bit better if the servers we're on the east coast and not in Chigaco, it would just be a minor difference.

I think he meant that we should use Skyleague EU servers so you Americans can have the lag. :)

wolf'j'max
04-24-2010, 12:15 PM
45 mins left till match 1, i can make it and i have only seen one guy else who is here.

D4rt
04-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Summertime baby, summertime. It's 12:33 pm gmt + 0 now. And the matches are in 2 pm gmt + 0. So 1 1/2 hours left.

drunkguava
04-24-2010, 02:04 PM
can i get admin rights for the ball server by any chance? or does that require restarts or w/e

there are too many people here

wolf'j'max
04-24-2010, 02:10 PM
yeah give dg and me or someone else fast the admin rights since we get noobs streaming in all the time.

Shiro
04-24-2010, 02:13 PM
+1 to wolf and guava
We need admins

drunkguava
04-24-2010, 03:56 PM
GGs World.
Ball Results:

USA wins 2 games to 1.

Darkwar: World - (6-3?)
Snow: USA - 6-2
Mayhem 2: USA - 6-4

I thought I had screenies but I don't so correct me if these scores are wrong.
That was easily some of the most fun I've had playing alty, thanks for the good games guys :)

tgleaf
04-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Those were probably the best BALL games I've seen. Amazing skills, passing, and defense.

I'll post the video late tonight. Sorry I can't do it sooner.

matattack
04-24-2010, 07:03 PM
sorry i couldnt make it..alarm didnt go off xD

Dekaiden
04-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Sucks I missed this :/ One too many last night :rolleyes: Didn't want to wake up this morning XD

Boko
04-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Did anyone tape this? :mad:

Massi
04-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Those were probably the best BALL games I've seen. Amazing skills, passing, and defense.

I'll post the video late tonight. Sorry I can't do it sooner.

Did anyone tape this? :mad:
Yay, reading!

Boko
04-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Besides tgleaf cause I wanna see it NAW

nesnl
04-25-2010, 12:50 AM
First, I apologize I wasn't there for the matches today. Some stuff came up and I couldn't make it. Also, I apologize there weren't more admins. By the time I got the servers up I wasn't sure who was going to be around to make an admin. My plan was to have an RCON password and give it to a few people who would then assign other admins with the password. Unfortunately, the only person online at the time was Matattack and I gave him the password for admin and said that he was welcome to bring anyone else in he thought would be responsible. However, he lives west coast and the games were at 7 and 8AM for him, so understandably he slept through the games. Hopefully there wasn't too much of an issue with anyone and the games went smoothly.

Congrats to the USA for their victory in ball. Sounds like they were some good games and I look forward to seeing the recordings.

Does anyone know if hte TBD games were played or if anyone showed up?

ufo
04-25-2010, 12:56 AM
they werent played. me, aya, and mav were the only ones around methinks. i'd really like to do this up right tho so i'm fine with resched'in for whenever

Dougie
04-26-2010, 03:56 PM
I have posted up ball match 1 on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrzc3Lb4Hbk

apologies about the music, I was playing around with adobe premiere.

I have footage of the other 2 matches. but it lags a little bit in a few areas.

tgleaf
04-26-2010, 05:42 PM
I have posted up ball match 1 on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrzc3Lb4Hbk

apologies about the music, I was playing around with adobe premiere.

I have footage of the other 2 matches. but it lags a little bit in a few areas.

Thank god, because I'm having major problems uploading my video.

Sunaku
04-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks a lot Dougie ! (even though I'm such a ghost on this one -.-)
Nice touch adding the goal replays, it looks great.
I hope you or someone else can post the other 2 matches too.

D4rt
04-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Great video and nice music. :D

I thought that I was completely useless but it seems I did my share of passing/scoring/saving after all. Our whales were the World-stars though.

nesnl
04-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Let's try to get the TBD game done. Anyone on the starters list have any ideas of when a good time would be this weekend? Saturday or Sunday? Early or Late? It's up to you guys, let me know. I will leave the server up until then.

Stormich
04-26-2010, 06:38 PM
World has no chance anyway, 4 Sammiches+Eso lol

drunkguava
04-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Thank god, because I'm having major problems uploading my video.

NO LEAF! I want to see our winnnnns!!!!
Thanks for posting the first game, dougie. Unfortunately, USA got demolished with the exception of Nikon, who held his own. The 2nd and 3rd games were much more competitive imo ;).

Nikon
04-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah tgleaf try harder, you can do it. Life depends on it. No guava I completely screwed that first goal up, it was my fault.

tgleaf
04-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah tgleaf try harder, you can do it. Life depends on it. No guava I completely screwed that first goal up, it was my fault.

I hope life doesn't depend on it, because it's gone. HD ran out of space. Who knew 20 minutes of video capture could take up 45 GB of space.

=(

drunkguava
04-26-2010, 10:43 PM
I hope life doesn't depend on it, because it's gone. HD ran out of space. Who knew 20 minutes of video capture could take up 45 GB of space.

=(

NOOOOOoOoOOooOoOO. sadness. 45 GB? you're doing it wrong xD.
tbh i just really wanted to see that mega kill+stalled out goal on may2 i had.
/brag.

Dougie
04-26-2010, 10:55 PM
NO LEAF! I want to see our winnnnns!!!!
Thanks for posting the first game, dougie. Unfortunately, USA got demolished with the exception of Nikon, who held his own. The 2nd and 3rd games were much more competitive imo ;).

I'll have the second game posted up on wednesday some point. Done a bit of work on it today. Only missed recording the first 5 seconds of the game, so should be okay!

O.o
04-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Only reason USA won was because I slept through it >.>

Shiro
04-27-2010, 01:17 AM
Let's try to get the TBD game done. Anyone on the starters list have any ideas of when a good time would be this weekend? Saturday or Sunday? Early or Late? It's up to you guys, let me know. I will leave the server up until then.

How about 12pm est on May 2nd?

tyr
04-27-2010, 01:31 AM
NOOOOOoOoOOooOoOO. sadness. 45 GB? you're doing it wrong xD.

45 GB for 20 minutes seems indeed a bit excessive, even with maximum quality. Unless you're recording at like 1600x1200 with 40fps which is useless in most cases since Youtube is dumb anyway.

Dougie
04-28-2010, 12:43 PM
USA v WORLD ball match 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7VeQM2y_u0

I've had to cut about a minutes midfield ball scrummaging from the video.
Also no music this time! Bit worried about copyright infringements!

mlopes
04-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Was this played on US servers? All the World team has pings above 100, this doesn't seem very fair. :(

Sunaku
04-28-2010, 10:13 PM
USA v WORLD ball match 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7VeQM2y_u0

Don't let the World team's embarrassed silence about this match stop you from posting the third one ! Thanks again Dougie :)

And yeah, to even the lag, some kind of Home-Away system of servers would be nice, not only in ladder World Domination but also in any tournament.

Smushface
04-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Was this played on US servers? All the World team has pings above 100, this doesn't seem very fair. :(

Solution: Maimer pays for air travel and accommodations for all U.S. players (bench included) and hosts the tournament over LAN in......Paris.

Nikon
04-29-2010, 12:45 AM
Solution: Maimer pays for air travel and accommodations for all U.S. players (bench included) and hosts the tournament over LAN in......Paris.

Great plan! :D

[Y]
04-29-2010, 01:36 AM
In the future, Altitude will become an international e-sport with professional teams, sponsors, showcase matches abroad, stadiums, etc.

Everyone will have 1-10 ping (even flight o.o)

Evan20000
04-29-2010, 02:15 AM
If flight would have 10 ping, then Kuja would be a woman. It just doesn't happen.

[Y]
04-29-2010, 02:53 AM
If flight would have 10 ping, then Kuja would be a woman. It just doesn't happen.
Flight wins the lottery, moves to the U.S., gets a T4 connection.

Kuja wins the lottery and discovers this site (http://www.feminizationsurgery.com/)

tyr
04-29-2010, 08:36 AM
;48824']Flight wins the lottery, moves to the U.S., gets a T4 connection.

You're right. Won't happen.

Indeed it won't happen.
South Korea has the best internet in the world, not USA.

[Y]
04-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Indeed it won't happen.
South Korea has the best internet in the world, not USA.
Yeah, but most Altitude servers are hosted in the U.S.

ufo
05-04-2010, 01:35 AM
bump

can we figs out a time already? i'm down fo wheneva

Dougie
05-04-2010, 04:49 PM
USA v WORLD ball Match 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-tLrgXkxJc

The frame rate drops in parts of this, that's my fault on the recording. About 1 minute edited from the full match.

wolf'j'max
05-04-2010, 04:59 PM
bump

can we figs out a time already? i'm down fo wheneva

Yeah i wanna play thissince i also showed up last time..

drunkguava
05-04-2010, 08:25 PM
USA v WORLD ball Match 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-tLrgXkxJc

The frame rate drops in parts of this, that's my fault on the recording. About 1 minute edited from the full match.

thanks, dougie! that's the one i most wanted to see ;)

ufo
05-04-2010, 10:16 PM
sry i was so fail throughout all those ball games, i was havin some lag issues and it was far too early. ggs

ufo
05-09-2010, 09:52 PM
bumpitybump

wolf'j'max
05-09-2010, 10:10 PM
So, who wants to play this USA vs WORLD TBD?
Cos atm it is UFO vs me and thats an easy one for you americans.