PDA

View Full Version : Introducing: Official Ladder Administration Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ryebone
04-01-2009, 07:42 AM
These are the current admins. You may contact any of these admins for issues regarding admining, including reporting leavers and ban appeals:
- Nobodyhome
- Mikesol
- Ryebone
- Tgleaf
- Drunkguava
- Smushface
- Sunshineduck
- Matattack
- Woken
- Princess Squirtle
- Threevenge
- Darknietzsche
- Aki
- Soccer

As well as some inactive admins, who have admin power but don't play much anymore (ever):
- Eth
- Maimer
- Esoteric
- King
- Tyr
- Pieface

If you see any misconduct going on in the ladder servers, please report them in this thread or by contacting any one of the active admins, either in game or PM. Remember, admins are not always on the servers and the more people that help in reporting undesired activity, the more the servers will be rid of misconduct. In your report, please include evidence of misconduct, i.e. screenshots of chat or the console (press ~ for seeing votes, etc). To repeat, a full set of screenshots that sufficiently prove misconduct is REQUIRED.

1) Leaving in the middle of a game and not returning.

2) Playing in a maxPing=300 server when you know your connection is too bad to not get continuously disconnected in the middle of a game, causing repeated disruption.

3) Speccing because you didn’t know you were supposed to be in the game

4) Speccing as a player for any other reason, either repeatedly or without giving warning.

5) Vote initiation of the following form:
-ANY vote by a spectator, when there is no consensus that a vote should be called
-A vote by a player with the intent to disrupt the game (calling vote stop tournament when the game is about to end, etc).

6) Acing in the middle of a game.

7) Playing a ladder game while under level 13 of any ace rank.

8) Spectators not using team-chat after being asked to by a player. All-chat is fine until someone asks them to team-chat. In addition, players who continually try to engage spectators in conversation after spec-chat has been called will be banned as well.

9) Racism/Bigotry. General immaturity. Excessive or unrelenting trash talk targeting specific players.

10) Playing random, full or custom.

11) Playing on multiple accounts (i.e. smurfing). Alternate accounts are subject to permabanning (the main account receives a regular ban).

12) Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playing ladder.

13) Showboating in any manner.

You alone are responsible for all activity on your account. Please do not let others play on your account.

The password for the ladder servers is "ayaispro" for the tbd servers, and "fartispro" for the ball servers. Please do NOT give these passwords out to anyone. If someone asks you for the password, kindly direct them to this thread, so that they may read the rules before entering the server. "I didn't know the rules" is not an acceptable excuse for appealing bans.

Again, if you see any of these behaviors in the ladder server, please help us by reporting it here and including the required screenshots for evidence.

nobodyhome
05-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Post moved to ryebone

Radium
05-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Good to have responsible people that actively play ladder be admin.
I know sometimes I wished there was an admin for certain reasons :mad:
Keeps ladders running smoothly

DryBone
05-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Gah! sry for leaving mid game :( urgent business called me (sry)

wolf'j'max
05-02-2010, 02:50 PM
no admin noticed but i thought i would just tell.
i had to leave a ladder game about a few minutes ago because i had an urgent call which made me lose my internet.
i don't have an appeal to not get my ban.

wolf.

[Y]
05-02-2010, 04:48 PM
no admin noticed but i thought i would just tell.
i had to leave a ladder game about a few minutes ago because i had an urgent call which made me lose my internet.
i don't have an appeal to not get my ban.

wolf.
How does a phone call kill your internet?

Ajuk999
05-02-2010, 04:57 PM
;49240']How does a phone call kill your internet?

I believe wolf lives in Amsterdam.

wolf'j'max
05-02-2010, 05:12 PM
I believe wolf lives in Amsterdam.

yeah but we have 2 phones, if we pick it up on one we dont lose it since its a direct connection to our server but the second is via the internet...
i had to take that since in the other room my sis was making her homework..

MajorPayne257
05-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Good to see some more admins. Hope this makes for a much better experience!

Wok3N^
05-02-2010, 09:38 PM
One thing that will help keep our ladder community peaceful and free from raging is if the ladder server had a max of 6 players per team as in, once 6 players join a side, it is technically impossible for another player to join that team. This will prevent the last second joining on a team while the vote for the start of the match is going on.

Evan20000
05-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Is there anyway to remove the auto-spec feature? That causes a ton of problems.

poofighter24
05-03-2010, 01:06 AM
tgleaf plays ladder? huh, first I'd ever heard of that.

APATHY4ADMIN

CCN
05-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Situation:
We have a leaver for 3rd game in a row, people don't want to play 4v4.
Can we vote custom stoptournament

wolf'j'max
05-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah, please make a new custom command: /vote custom stop_ladder

Pieface
05-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Yeah, please make a new custom command: /vote custom stop_ladder

Apr. 28 2010
Removed the ability to vote stopTournament. Replaced it with a custom command stop_tournament--to invoke, type /vote custom stop_tournament. This custom command does stopTournament as well as changes the current map to the ladder lobby. This was done so that the threshold for stopTournament (which was hard coded at 50%) can be changed (to 80% for custom stop_tournament).

So yes, I think it would be acceptable to call this vote seeing as the pass threshold is now higher.

wolf'j'max
05-07-2010, 01:49 PM
so we were having awesome games and then this:

http://img202.imageshack.us/i/afbeelding1jd.png/

and this:

http://img406.imageshack.us/i/afbeelding2zz.png/

happened.

Habeas
05-07-2010, 03:14 PM

and this:

happened.

404 Errors on your pictures!

[Y]
05-07-2010, 03:27 PM

and this:

happened.
tattletale fail

btw wolf, I was kidding when I said ban lol no need to come here and complain

nobodyhome
06-06-2010, 10:37 AM
bump for some edits to the main post. the changes were:

- minimum level to play on ladder upped from 8 -> 13 (13 is when you get heavy armor)
- removed the "not speccing when you're the last player to join game in ladder lobby" clause because it no longer applies
- added emphasis on the REQUIRED screenshots for someone to report a bannable offense. we need evidence!
- clarified when it is ok to initiate a vote kick on someone. basically, if that someone isn't doing anything that's bannable, a kick on him is illegal.

pieface, can you actually sticky this thread? i want more people to be able to see this, and also, i'd like to separate ban appeals/discussions from actual ladder discussions that are taking place on the ladder thread.

tyr
06-14-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm also playing much more than before and I often spectate ladder games while talking about random stuff in spec chat, so consider that I'm not "inactive" admin anymore.

And I'm not a nice person, so you be nice or else !

A Nipple
06-14-2010, 10:13 PM
good job =] hopefully this should stop people ruining games now!

nip

Evan20000
06-14-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm also playing much more than before and I often spectate ladder games while talking about random stuff in spec chat, so consider that I'm not "inactive" admin anymore.

And I'm not a nice person, so you be nice or else !

Good to have you back.

X_denied
06-15-2010, 09:25 AM
PUT ME up as AdMin! :D

asia time admin ftw!!

LAWWLL

nobodyhome
06-15-2010, 09:31 AM
to maimer, who has so kindly added "INTRODUCING:" to the title of this thread:

a big FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Evan20000
06-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Introducing the introductions introducing the Ladder Administration: The book: The movie: The thread.

Would that be any better? :p

A Nipple
06-15-2010, 01:52 PM
*presses reset button*

argonide
06-15-2010, 07:13 PM
vote kicking someone for having 1 kill(after having been asked to stop being useless) and being criminally bad at bomb running is legit right?

A Nipple
06-15-2010, 08:50 PM
what IFFFF it is 5 v 3 after people leave and when u try to vote lobby they refuse, its one thing not sitting for 5v4 but 5v3 is unplayable and completely unfair???
anyone would accept that unless they got personal issues lol

p.s.the people who leave would get bans to obv!

[Y]
06-15-2010, 09:52 PM
In light of recent issues, I propose we incorporate clause 12 into the official ladder rules, as proposed by CCN.

"A player in the ladder servers may be kicked for: 12) Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playin"

A Nipple
06-15-2010, 10:20 PM
;59576']In light of recent issues, I propose we incorporate clause 12 into the official ladder rules, as proposed by CCN.

"A player in the ladder servers may be kicked for: 12) Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playin"

thats quite broad to implicate! I suggest an amendment known as the 'Nipple Titty(treaty) Act 2010' whereby all ladder games MUST record 5 players on both teams at the exact second a team wins and if it is any less then the system automatically does not record the match in the ladder standings! technically I have no idea how this would be implicated, however, with the amount of genius you have and implicate for the game on a daily basis I am sure you can bash some numbers together which would mean this is viable!

nip

p.s. the reason I say the second is because I am aware that people may get the odd ping kick and rejoin ingame, however, to play a game pings ought to be stable enough to maintain a connection! for at least 95% of the entire match!

Evan20000
06-15-2010, 10:22 PM
However, people would leave to duck a loss if that were implimented.

A Nipple
06-15-2010, 10:31 PM
However, people would leave to duck a loss if that were implimented.

touche...touche my friend 8[

the nipple titty act is potentially void...PUCK

[Y]
06-15-2010, 11:54 PM
To deal with leavers I was thinking that when the custom start_map vote passes, if there are 12 or more people total on teams, that 6 players be allowed into the game for each team, and then it's up to each team to decide who sits. Then, if someone leaves like we've been seeing happen frequently, the person that was forced to sit can join up and play for the rest of the game, while the person who left would be forced to spectate due to startTournament if he comes back. Of course, you could still play with 10 or 11 people, but then you run the risk of 4v4 games like we are currently. If it's not too hard to code, I believe this could be a more lenient alternative to the strict banhammer system that tyr seems to have taken a liking to.

tyr
06-16-2010, 12:08 AM
When someone leaves intentionally without saying nothing (and that is very easy to see now, thanks to the last patch) when he's supposed to play a game, I'll ban after the game, doesnt matter if there are 5 or 6 players total in the team. When you start playing a game, you finish that game, you don't just leave in the middle.

York
06-16-2010, 02:24 PM
When does ladder get reset?

CCN
06-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Last game I played on new justice, other team bombed while we were downloading the 1.8mb map. When the blue team finally arrive they were on their last bombing run with our base at a sliver of health. PB&J did 92 points of damage, drybone did the other bomb.

I would like to petition for bans on these 2 players under segments listed below.

11) General immaturity.

12) Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playing ladder.

Also, can I kick them from the server after ruining a game like this so the rest of everyone doesn't leave out of disgust and not wanting to play with these people.

I Didn't know exactly what to screen-shot to prove the point but I got the text as i Arrived with "Bomb them bomb them" and showing blue team members just coming into the game.

http://imgur.com/JZhBY

http://altitudeladder.net/match.php?id=3469&mode=0

2 minute game, with many people downloading the new map (and not loading till about 2 minutes...)

Greekjr14
06-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Last game I played on new justice, other team bombed while we were downloading the 1.8mb map. When the blue team finally arrive they were on their last bombing run with our base at a sliver of health. PB&J did 92 points of damage, drybone did the other bomb.

I would like to petition for bans on these 2 players under segments listed below.

11) General immaturity.

Also, can I kick them from the server after ruining a game like this so the rest of everyone doesn't leave out of disgust and not wanting to play with these people.

I Didn't know exactly what to screen-shot to prove the point but I got the text as i Arrived with "Bomb them bomb them" and showing blue team members just coming into the game.

http://imgur.com/JZhBY

My apologies. Tbh I thought that people got disconnected (as it does sometimes usually when a new patch or update is up) and I thought no one was on anymore so I was just bombing and waiting to get disconnected too. Then when I saw people jioning I was like "oh f**k". I didn't know people had to download the map, I never had to download the map and since Drybone was with me I didnt think he had to either, so I just assumed that so many people (about 8 at the time) had to download it at the same time. Again I apologize and if a ban is necessary for my stupidity then oh well.

Genesis

CCN
06-24-2010, 11:14 AM
My apologies. Tbh I thought that people got disconnected (as it does sometimes usually when a new patch or update is up) and I thought no one was on anymore so I was just bombing and waiting to get disconnected too. Then when I saw people jioning I was like "oh f**k". I didn't know people had to download the map, I never had to download the map and since Drybone was with me I didnt think he had to either, so I just assumed that so many people (about 8 at the time) had to download it at the same time. Again I apologize and if a ban is necessary for my stupidity then oh well.

Genesis

Oh, of course, 8 people get "disced" so you bomb us, 3 times. Then when it comes to light this is not the case, you vote no on the custom stop.

If you really went "Oh **** I made a mistake" rather then as a rationalization now then you would of voted yes to custom stop.

your actions caused the ladder to break up, when everyone had just moved, for good games.

Greekjr14
06-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Oh, ofcourse, 8 people get "disced" so you bomb us, 3 times. Then when it comes to light this is not the case, you vote no on the custom stop.

If you really went "Oh ****" then you would of voted yes to custom stop.

Well if 8 poeple got disconnected then the match wouldnt count anyways so why not jsut bomb for fun? Like I said when a patch comes up normally lots of us get disconnected from teh servers and I am normally one of the last ones. So I thought it was normal. As to the voting tbh I hit 1 or 2 every vote that goes on as I normally do not pay attention, so once I see "so and so has called a vote to" I just hit 1 or 2 as I am usually playing and just want to get it over with.

gemigemi
06-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Well if 8 poeple got disconnected then the match wouldnt count anyways so why not jsut bomb for fun? Like I said when a patch comes up normally lots of us get disconnected from teh servers and I am normally one of the last ones. So I thought it was normal. As to the voting tbh I hit 1 or 2 every vote that goes on as I normally do not pay attention, so once I see "so and so has called a vote to" I just hit 1 or 2 as I am usually playing and just want to get it over with.
Even not considering the issue with the game, I think randomly hitting 1 or 2 for votes should be bannable. Do NOT do this. That is what the option for key 5 is for, it closes the vote without any votes. Do NOT press 1 or 2 if you don't mean it.

To be honest I think usually when someone claims that they hit the keys randomly they actually don't but use it as an excuse. And imo it's a bad excuse.

mjolnir416
06-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Mortva was in the game but never joined, said it wasn't him. http://altitudeladder.net/match.php?id=4075&mode=1 was this game
Screanies: http://i48.tinypic.com/voa3k5.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2vsl15d.jpg

A Nipple
06-25-2010, 02:44 PM
When does ladder get reset?

.Please reset, reset please!!!!! =3

Clapon
06-26-2010, 12:06 AM
Even not considering the issue with the game, I think randomly hitting 1 or 2 for votes should be bannable. Do NOT do this. That is what the option for key 5 is for, it closes the vote without any votes. Do NOT press 1 or 2 if you don't mean it.

To be honest I think usually when someone claims that they hit the keys randomly they actually don't but use it as an excuse. And imo it's a bad excuse.

lol who doesnt press 1 automaticly? its just a habbit so wheather i mean it or not i 90% of the time press 1 unless im expecting a vote that im planning on pressing 2... and i know for a fact many people do the same just pressing 1 or 2 out of habbit no matter the vote.

tgleaf
06-26-2010, 12:28 AM
lol who doesnt press 1 automaticly? its just a habbit so wheather i mean it or not i 90% of the time press 1 unless im expecting a vote that im planning on pressing 2... and i know for a fact many people do the same just pressing 1 or 2 out of habbit no matter the vote.

I'm trying my hardest to understand this. How about pressing 5 out of habit instead?

gemigemi
06-26-2010, 12:30 AM
I will personally start banning people from arr servers who in the future do this on our servers and either admit or get caught. Just a friendly warning. :)

Really, pressing 5 isn't that hard, and neither is thinking for a second.

Well, hopefully they do the vote number change that is suggested on the forums, then all you lazy people can continue hitting 1.

nobodyhome
07-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Welcome Goose and Ingbo to the admin team.

A Nipple
07-03-2010, 01:42 AM
Welcome Goose and Ingbo to the admin team.

please reconsider Ingbo, I can find several chat logs he has openly admitted to using a dl application whilst playing ladder and he is fully aware! this is especially frustrating when I wish to try to win matches and he bomb runs on this ping! His demeanour in ladder is patronising and most definitely a negative player to anyone that he is not acquainted with or has personal issues about!

andy would be a far better admin please reconsider!

nip =|

drunkguava
07-03-2010, 05:26 AM
Man can't you do this via PM? This just makes you look bad.

Stormich
07-04-2010, 09:29 PM
You should take me off of admins, I don't abuse ban, but I do kick a lot when there's not games going. I'm not sane enough to be nice to people I think are, hmm let's call them noobs not to be disrespectful to handicapped people. The last ban should stay though.

Kuja900
07-04-2010, 09:46 PM
please reconsider Ingbo, I can find several chat logs he has openly admitted to using a dl application whilst playing ladder and he is fully aware! this is especially frustrating when I wish to try to win matches and he bomb runs on this ping! His demeanour in ladder is patronising and most definitely a negative player to anyone that he is not acquainted with or has personal issues about!

nip =|

Ingbo is a top quality individual whom I full heartily trust to be an unbiased judge, leave your personal grudges off the forums this is gross.

Void
07-04-2010, 10:05 PM

nip =|

I have nothing against you but i have to say that this is nonsense, what proves this is all personal is you admitting on teamchat that you hate him.

as red as black
07-04-2010, 10:37 PM

nip =|

when did you and andy start ****ing?

Evan20000
07-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Nip, that's just.... low. I ,nor do I think anyone here, has seen Ingbo do anything that would exempt him from being an Admin. Besides, he has the most games played by far; he SHOULD be admin if anyone.

Stormich
07-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Not that I agree with nip but it's funny how an army of fLb pops up to protect Bo :D Personally I know Bo plays with spotify and it does cause him to spike here and there and it does piss me off at times (but what doesn't). He's still a very good guy and pretty objective :)

(also to the people that witnessed my rage yesterday, really sorry guys, I was worse than usual, got drunk + have some issues so I lashed out :( )

Kuja900
07-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Just to clarify Ing uses Spotify because he likes to listen to music while he plays, not to gain any advantages. It has a very minute effect on his ping, its really not that noticeable if at all.

Stormich
07-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Ya I didn't claim it was for abusing anything

banana
07-05-2010, 12:14 PM
I stopped using spotify for ladder games when every single game I played people complained about lag. Added to the fact that I'm a euro so I have a borderline ping anyways its kind of unfair. I just start up itunes whenever I get into a ladder match now, its not too much effort.

Evan20000
07-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Not that I agree with nip but it's funny how an army of fLb pops up to protect Bo :D

If Ing were in ACE, I would probably have defended him all the same. He's taught me a lot of things in this game and seems overall well qualified for this job.

DMCM
07-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Ingbo's lag annoys me every now and then just like everyone else's, but he's a good guy. I like to listen to music while playing too (I use foobar) so I can't blame him for that either.

Leave the man be.

hurripilot
07-05-2010, 06:45 PM
I just have a huge iTunes library. Jimi Hendrix, anyone? :p

Kuja900
07-05-2010, 07:18 PM

Crosstown Traffic is my fave

Herodadotus
07-05-2010, 10:23 PM

Yep, I use iTunes too. More of a Zeppelin kinda guy.

On topic; I do think Ingbo is a qualified individual for this position. He's gotten under my skin once or twice, but they were both comments that, after I looked back, I realized were true about my playing.

I can't comment on lag, since my ping's been atrocious the past two months.

hurripilot
07-06-2010, 04:56 AM
Yep, I use iTunes too. More of a Zeppelin kinda guy.

Get the Led out :)

A Nipple
07-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Man can't you do this via PM? This just makes you look bad.

I dont really care =]

banana
07-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Just was in a ball ladder game, some idiot turned off the internet in my house which made me disconnect. Was back altitude in a minute but for some reason the ball ladder server didn't appear in the list of servers at all. Yes I clicked update a lot. Yes I restarted altitude three times.

Some of my friends were playing in the ball server at the time so I clicked on the join server button next to their name but it just came up with a message saying: 'Connecting to server 66.252.74:27890' and didnt do anything else. :S

The server has now appeared after the game has finished. Yay.

A Nipple
07-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Nip, that's just.... low. I ,nor do I think anyone here, has seen Ingbo do anything that would exempt him from being an Admin. Besides, he has the most games played by far; he SHOULD be admin if anyone.

We sortid our issues now, he said he would turn spotify off when he plays ladder from now on. Why is it low? and how is openly admitting to using spotify and bomb running not a good reason for exemption? your just bias =/

wolf'j'max
07-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Bo is a good admin.

Speaking of that, im posting from my ipod now and just had to leave ladder as my mother just came from behind telling me to turn the pc off and she waited for it so i am sorry. Ill just sit out the ban, i think bo just made it.

edit: this is confirmation that i am banned by ingbo, so he is a good admin ;3

Stormich
07-18-2010, 07:41 AM
There's been a lot of whine lately from people blaming admins of being to harsh false banning and IDK what. You the community that plays ladder yourself asked for admins to be appointed because of all the leaving and other stuff happening. No ban I have seen (which hasn't been revoked) has been false. Basically play nice, listen to your team and don't be stubborn assf****. If people actually started thinking about what they do there would be no need for bans. IMO admins should be following the rules for banning as a basic guide but since the rules don't cover everything you can still be banned for stuff not on the list. This might sound harsh but you know that if you disrupt the ladder in anyway that is the right curse of action.

elxir
07-18-2010, 09:39 AM
i've never seen an admin kick someone who was being a competent participant in ladder.

Sunaku
08-02-2010, 07:54 PM
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7421/altitude201008022024161.th.png (http://img710.imageshack.us/i/altitude201008022024161.png/)
This ladder needs more random plane setup. Because the more random, the more competitive this ladder will be !
It just makes perfect sense and it's totally something you would see in a clan match.
Plus, when you ask someone to stop his random but he continues because he doesn't care at all about your plane composition, it doesn't fall under
12) Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playing ladder. at all ! Not caring about your team is the exact opposite of a negative experience.
Way more random please, so that hopefully, one day, everyone will play random and the ladder will deliver its true competitive potential.

shrode
08-02-2010, 08:03 PM
I know some of you may have missed it, but I believe the above post is largely sarcastic

Sunaku
08-02-2010, 08:17 PM
I know some of you may have missed it, but I believe the above post is largely sarcastic
Not at all. I hope the admins continue to not ban this respectable way of not caring about your team in the least.
By the way, please replace "random" in the above post with "full random". As proven by these new full random goodies :
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/2505/altitude201008022107165.th.png (http://img529.imageshack.us/i/altitude201008022107165.png/)
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/303/altitude201008022111437.th.png (http://img9.imageshack.us/i/altitude201008022111437.png/)
Please don't do anything.

Ingbo
08-03-2010, 12:14 AM
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7421/altitude201008022024161.th.png (http://img710.imageshack.us/i/altitude201008022024161.png/)
This ladder needs more random plane setup. Because the more random, the more competitive this ladder will be !
It just makes perfect sense and it's totally something you would see in a clan match.
Plus, when you ask someone to stop his random but he continues because he doesn't care at all about your plane composition, it doesn't fall under
at all ! Not caring about your team is the exact opposite of a negative experience.
Way more random please, so that hopefully, one day, everyone will play random and the ladder will deliver its true competitive potential.

u didnt ask me tho, u demanded it, and when i didnt wanna change u called me a retard and an idiot (probably at least 5-10 times) and were ranting about how fed up u were with retards ruining the ladder and bla bla bla u were talking a bunch of bs to be quite fair i felt very bad about the entire situation and it created a very unpleasant environment for me to be in, might have to rule 12 u

Void
08-03-2010, 12:19 AM
at all ! Not caring about your team is the exact opposite of a negative experience.

Like i said in-game there is a difference between playing random very bad and bringing down your team, and playing random good and helping your team.
I played a game on snow if i remember correctly, using random and i ended up mvp scoring 2-3 goals with most kills on my team, why? Because whatever plane popped up i was able to handle and help my team in any possible way. Same thing goes for Ingbo, truthfully he played better than 90% of the peeps in his games.

You were calling me and Ingbo "idiots" and "retards" for 5-10 minutes because of us randoming, so for you to actually mention this rule is a punch in your own face. Your destructive behavior and foul language should get YOU banned and no one else. So whatever you are trying here you better back off.

Sunaku
08-03-2010, 01:21 AM
First, just answering the personal stuff that needs to be :
"retards"
I never ever use that word so please, both of you, stop putting quotation marks around your lie as it doesn't make it less of a lie. But it's quite funny to see you two making up a story before coming here, very guilty-like and makes me miss Cluedo games. I talked exactly about "village idiots" without pointing anyone, am I responsible for you feeling targeted ?

As for numbers, well, anyone defining their skill by numbers is clearly missing one or twelve points about the game. So you scored a few goals ? Hey good thing the random gave you the good plane with the good perks at the good time to do that, right ?
You sometimes got a good ratio ? Incredible achievement that no one can reach. Meanwhile your team is struggling because of this little thing called "plane balance" which you don't care about. Hey I'm sure your clan doesn't care either about plane composition and must be running in tournaments with randoms quite often, it just makes sense.

But again, you were playing full random in ladder so I'm merely arguing for the general debate, as your credibility is pretty much gone with the wind. Numerous people on your own teams asked you to stop, even while I was away, and you ignored them.
It's sad that you're trying to make it personal because I'm not, it just happens that your total lack of decency showed how the system is flawed and should be changed.

Ingbo
08-03-2010, 02:53 AM
(1)I talked exactly about "village idiots" without pointing anyone, am I responsible for you feeling targeted ?

(2)Meanwhile your team is struggling because of this little thing called "plane balance" which you don't care about.

(3)It's sad that you're trying to make it personal because I'm not, it just happens that your total lack of decency showed how the system is flawed and should be changed.

1. are you responsible for making me think youre talking about me after ranting on me every game for the previous 4 games? ehm, idk, any ideas?

2. most ppl only play one plane so its still just random if you get good plane comp or not. i enjoy playing random on occation and i do that in tbd too. Ive probably played 95% + of my games in ball with a chosen plane and so has void but if were both good at all planes i dont see the harm if we have some fun 5-10 games every once in while. If it was against the rules and if the rules are changed then thats fine, til then be respectful of other peoples free choice to play whatever they like, u clearly have some kind of control issues to dedicate ur following 1.5 hours attacking me for palying random lol :D

3. i feel you made it very personal calling me names. u may not have used the phrase retard, u did use a lot of really rude ones tho. i find it kind of funny that u expect ppl to stop using random when this is the strategy u use to encourage them to stop. u might wanna rethink that.

i hadnt even spoken to void when i wrote the response to ur first childish cascade of sarcasm. You seem like one of those guys who likes to shine a by using funny metaphors and nice punchlines combined with sarcasm to make urself seem more clever than others so it can be pretty tricky trying to track what uve said and what u havent said therefore i stuck to the basics of what u most likely had added in there somewhere in ur off and on 1.5 hour attack and apparantly void shared my idea of what that should look like, sry about u not getting perfectly quoted on that brah. i suppose ur just too damn creative to ever diss anyone using the phrase "retard" :o

edit: also never quoted u on calling me a retard, just refered to u doing it

drunkguava
08-03-2010, 04:46 AM
i think the point is pretty clear, random screws up team composition and should be banned. suna's just calling you two out specifically bc no one has really listened to this plea in the past. it's past the point of frustration, which i understand.

personally, i think it's a valid point, and we shouldnt deflect away from this conversation by worrying about who called who "retard," because frankly nobody gives a sh*t.

as good as you are, i think picking a single plane that fits your team's composition is infinitely more helpful than playing random (custom or otherwise), no matter how well you play.

Smushface
08-03-2010, 05:00 AM
So instead of watching the three of you play hide the pickle, let's actually get to the base of all of this, shall we?

The general root of the discussion that's happening here and in the other thread about banning certain perks in ladder lies in the rules. Specifically, the lack of a rule preventing subpar play. Now this problem is much more complicated and convoluted than you might think and its probably why nobodyhome intentionally removed this rule.

So the easiest way to illustrate my point is with several examples.

Example 1: Smushface the Ace.
So my best setup is lazer, even Ingbo thinks I'm the best lazer in the World. However, I recently aced and as of this post, am only lvl 24 which is short of the required lvl 38 for my best setup. So in ladder, I've been playing misc planes like DF loopy, suppressor bomber, director explo and I am by no means terrible at these planes but I'm still not performing at my best. Should my less than 100% play be a bannable offense even if I'm not bringing my team down?

Example 2: Nipple the Dreamer
Let me tell you the sad story of a guy named Nipple. Nipple is a good bomber, probably makes a lot of people's top 5 lists. However, after his 1100th hour mindlessly spinning in circles holding down F, he realized he wanted to be a slick, awesome lazer. Now, almost everyone agrees that Nipple helps his team the best by playing bomber and not lazer. And again, by no means is his lazer bad (not as bad as Ingbos) but it doesn't contribute as much to the team as his bombers. Should Nipple's dream of playing a cooler and more fun plane be a bannable offense?

Example 3: Gumby the Scrub
So Gumby has been around for a while, was part of Team Vapor and is one of the founders of the voluptuous and stream-lined Lobstars. However, he decided to go to Frog Land for a year, was unable to play Altitude, and is now pretty terrible. Not as terrible as say, York, but still not all that great. If you have him on your team, your chances of losing goes up significantly. Now, Gumby tries his hardest, plays his best planes, but has a year of rust built up in his joints and is still in the process of shaking it off. Now, is Gumby's hard work and effort but badness a bannable offense?

Example 4: Eth the Overrated
Eth is a fantastic loopy. He basically wrote the book on them. However, he went MIA much earlier in the year and has only played 5 ladder games in the last 6 months. However, when he was playing, he achieved a high rating and is currently still ranked 10th in TBD ladder. And regardless of how good at loopy he is, if Eth played a ladder game tonight, he'd be at least a little rusty. And that rust would mean he'd be playing below his #10 rank and thus, would detract overall from his team (because of the way balance works). So, should Eth, being an overrated player due to ladder balancing, be worthy of a ban?

I hope you see the point I'm trying to make here.

On another note, to all those people who keep complaining about a rules a rules a rules a rule (my definition of universalism) because people who are chums with the admins don't get banned for offenses, you are A) in for a appointment later in life regardless from what country you're from and B) don't really understand the intentions of these rules.

ufo
08-03-2010, 05:47 AM
as the saying goes, "less qq..."

let ppl play whatever they want.

you know what should be bannable tho, complaining about your team incessantly. unfortunately, this has become all too rampant these days (and no void, i'm not just talking about you, despite you being the most consistent qq'er over the past month or so)

everyone makes mistakes and some people don't grasp the intricacies of gameplay as much as others.

in other words, comments like "team" and "cmon" arent helping anyone

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
shut your f*cking fingers up and play the f*cking game

ryebone
08-03-2010, 08:44 AM
The problem with playing random lies not in individual, but with team psyche. The basic principle is that a single player's role is partially determined by what his teammates' roles are; when even one person's role isn't set, it affects everyone else on the team.

Say I'm playing a bomber. In ballmode, that basically makes me the jack of all trades. Sometimes I go for the ball when nearby allies are whales, sometimes I sit back and shoot if nearby allies are loopies/randas. If my team is five whales, I know I'll probably be the primary ballhandler, and will be going after the ball 100% of the time. If my team is five loopies, I'll be content going after the ball 0% of the time. Obviously, that percentage should be somewhere in the middle. If the team composition stays the same throughout the game, I can keep the same mindset the entire game, which helps me get used to (and thus be effective in) the role I'm playing, whatever it happens to be.

Now imagine I'm a bomber, and my team is five randoms. Now I have absolutely no idea what my role is, because I don't know what any of my teammates' roles are. Sometimes I should be going after the ball, other times I should be sitting back, but I don't know when. Sure I could just press tab, but why the **** would I want to do that when its much easier for my teammates to just stop being bitches and just pick a plane and stick with it?

The tl;dr version: playing random doesn't make you suck. It makes your teammates suck, but it's because of you that they suck.

Kuja900
08-03-2010, 09:14 AM
The problem with playing random lies not in individual, but with team psyche. The basic principle is that a single player's role is partially determined by what his teammates' roles are; when even one person's role isn't set, it affects everyone else on the team.

Say I'm playing a bomber. In ballmode, that basically makes me the jack of all trades. Sometimes I go for the ball when nearby allies are whales, sometimes I sit back and shoot if nearby allies are loopies/randas. If my team is five whales, I know I'll probably be the primary ballhandler, and will be going after the ball 100% of the time. If my team is five loopies, I'll be content going after the ball 0% of the time. Obviously, that percentage should be somewhere in the middle. If the team composition stays the same throughout the game, I can keep the same mindset the entire game, which helps me get used to (and thus be effective in) the role I'm playing, whatever it happens to be.

Now imagine I'm a bomber, and my team is five randoms. Now I have absolutely no idea what my role is, because I don't know what any of my teammates' roles are. Sometimes I should be going after the ball, other times I should be sitting back, but I don't know when. Sure I could just press tab, but why the **** would I want to do that when its much easier for my teammates to just stop being bitches and just pick a plane and stick with it?

The tl;dr version: playing random doesn't make you suck. It makes your teammates suck, but it's because of you that they suck.

This is a really good post.

Ingbo
08-03-2010, 01:25 PM
even Ingbo thinks I'm the best lazer in the World.

even ingbo.. man am i gona sleep well tonight :D

and ye i completely agree with ufo that some players excessive whining is just too much and they should be banned.

as far to what ryebone said, ye in a perfect world that might be true. tbh the way these ladder games are played and how some ppl in them react whats making them play bad is the fact that theyre overfocusing on the player playing random and whining all the time instead of actually focusing. Besides, how often do you take every players plane setup and analyze ur own optimal use in each situation? Its most oftenly pretty given what u should do. this is not rocket science, its altitude ppl LOL

Evan20000
08-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Example 1: Smushface the Ace.
So my best setup is lazer, even Ingbo thinks I'm the best lazer in the World. However, I recently aced and as of this post, am only lvl 24 which is short of the required lvl 38 for my best setup. So in ladder, I've been playing misc planes like DF loopy, suppressor bomber, director explo and I am by no means terrible at these planes but I'm still not performing at my best. Should my less than 100% play be a bannable offense even if I'm not bringing my team down?

Because it's you, yes. Get banned bitch! On a more serious note, this is nothing that an hour or two in the pubs can't fix. Pubs give out more XP then York gives BJs.

Example 2: Nipple the Dreamer
Let me tell you the sad story of a guy named Nipple. Nipple is a good bomber, probably makes a lot of people's top 5 lists. However, after his 1100th hour mindlessly spinning in circles holding down F, he realized he wanted to be a slick, awesome lazer. Now, almost everyone agrees that Nipple helps his team the best by playing bomber and not lazer. And again, by no means is his lazer bad (not as bad as Ingbos) but it doesn't contribute as much to the team as his bombers. Should Nipple's dream of playing a cooler and more fun plane be a bannable offense?

This is a complicated issue. If you already have 2 randas on your team, you're not only "not playing 100%", but are actively crippling it by going laser, adding a third. This is not okay at all. However, if your team is overly heavy, by all means, go laser. If your team is at a good balance, don't switch if you get bored midgame without asking your team. I have lost SO many games because a heavy player goes miranda/loopy/bip for no legitimate reason at all. This can also cause excessive bomb carrier planes which is also a no-no. (Lets face it, if you're in TA, you better be running the bomb.) The strength of multiplane players is to be able to fill in the holes in your team comp, not do whatever the hell you want in a serious game.

Example 3: Gumby the Scrub
So Gumby has been around for a while, was part of Team Vapor and is one of the founders of the voluptuous and stream-lined Lobstars. However, he decided to go to Frog Land for a year, was unable to play Altitude, and is now pretty terrible. Not as terrible as say, York, but still not all that great. If you have him on your team, your chances of losing goes up significantly. Now, Gumby tries his hardest, plays his best planes, but has a year of rust built up in his joints and is still in the process of shaking it off. Now, is Gumby's hard work and effort but badness a bannable offense?

Not at all. Polishing off some of the initial rust in pubs can help, but in the end, you can only learn so much from pubs. While this scenario can result in a few frustrating games, it's by no means the fault of the player if they're trying to improve themselves and change planes to help the team as you describe.

Example 4: Eth the Overrated
Eth is a fantastic loopy. He basically wrote the book on them. However, he went MIA much earlier in the year and has only played 5 ladder games in the last 6 months. However, when he was playing, he achieved a high rating and is currently still ranked 10th in TBD ladder. And regardless of how good at loopy he is, if Eth played a ladder game tonight, he'd be at least a little rusty. And that rust would mean he'd be playing below his #10 rank and thus, would detract overall from his team (because of the way balance works). So, should Eth, being an overrated player due to ladder balancing, be worthy of a ban?

Again, rust is nothing a few hours in pubs can't fix. If that's still not enough, captains games go a long way.
Thoughts on these points presented.

Ingbo
08-04-2010, 12:43 PM
It depends on the quality of the laser imo if were talking tbd. Lets say im on a team where im playing laser and we already have another player playing miranda and then i get to choose from whatever player i would want next in the entire game, smushface obv..... u know what im saying?

elxir
08-04-2010, 07:25 PM
i think the easy solution is to make people stop playing biplane in ladder matches as it is even more useless than random

i mean, random u get biplane 20% of the time

when u select a biplane consciously your team is stuck with it 100% of the time

matattack
08-04-2010, 08:41 PM
easy solution
make people stop playing biplane

lol xD yes..how about an easier solution?..
let people play what they want <3

beefheart
08-05-2010, 04:49 AM
Or: Don't ruin your team while playing a ladder game.

elxir
08-05-2010, 05:54 AM
lol xD yes..how about an easier solution?..
let people play what they want <3

dont u have some 14 year old korean fellows to befriend

Clapon
08-06-2010, 11:56 AM
LOL at all of this.

I think this shows why sunaku is the only person i have muted. all he does is bitch and moan. (and plays biplane)

Imo people should be able to play what they want. you take the risk of have a bad player or someone playing random by joining ladder and it balancing you out. everyone had pretty close to the same chance to get that **** player on their team if you dont like it dont play ladder other wise just shut the **** up and play your game as best as you can, working around or with whoever you were unlucky/lucky to get on your team.

Sunaku
08-06-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm all for letting people play what they want. I'm not against any specific perk. The thing is, people just don't know what they want when they play random and the ladder is not the place for people not knowing what they want.

As for advising to "deal with it", it's quite convenient when you are one of those playing randomly, Clapon, isn't it ?
Not to speak about the irony of "doing your best" as randoming is indeed the epitome of doing your best.
But please, continue your personal attacks.

Clapon
08-06-2010, 10:33 PM
I only play random on when im on your team bud cause i know how much you like it.

And when people play random they do know what they want, everything, randomly.

Also lol at this whole personal attacks stuff i haven't read one thing that would be in personal attacks category. So have fun accusing everybody as im sure they like it and think some much higher of you because of it.

MajorPayne257
08-07-2010, 01:52 AM
I don't see why this is so complicated. People shouldn't be playing random for two main reasons.

1. You're not equally good at every single plane, much less every single setup. In ladder, you should be trying to win, and a good way to do that is by playing your best setup.

2. It's constantly throwing off the plane balance. Some may not agree with the 3 light/3 heavy strategy, but a constantly fluctuating set of perks probably isn't better than 3/3.

elxir
08-07-2010, 06:34 AM
I don't see why this is so complicated. People shouldn't be playing random for two main reasons.

1. You're not equally good at every single plane, much less every single setup. In ladder, you should be trying to win, and a good way to do that is by playing your best setup.

2. It's constantly throwing off the plane balance. Some may not agree with the 3 light/3 heavy strategy, but a constantly fluctuating set of perks probably isn't better than 3/3.

this would be all well and good but if ur telling everyone to use their best setup every game then it should be a bannable offense to use anything other than ur best plane or a plane that will improve ur play

i mean ffs i could play a perkless loopy and do better than half of the loopys in ladder.

full random is stupid i agree

custom random isn't stupid, IF you are sick nasty and ALL of your custom setups are good setups

looking at me

quintuple edit: custom random is still kinda foolish because it throws off your mindset every time you die, like some wise person said earlier

MASS MASS EDIT: biplane is still worse than random

Greekjr14
08-07-2010, 07:13 AM
biplane is still worse than random

Im still kinda confused. If you hate biplane so much then why did you right a guide to playing it effectivly in ball? I mean it just seems like if you don't like a plane in particular then why would you take the time to right a guide on how to play it? No anger or anything towards you, just a little confused:confused:

MajorPayne257
08-07-2010, 11:20 AM
this would be all well and good but if ur telling everyone to use their best setup every game then it should be a bannable offense to use anything other than ur best plane or a plane that will improve ur play

Ok that's fair...but I guess I just meant that you should be playing one of the couple setups you've mastered. For example, my main plane for ladder is loopy, but I can play whale and randa at least decently enough to be in ladder with them. Play one of your setups that fits with the team the best.

Ladder isn't really the place to be learning new setups if that's what you're trying to say. Yeah I'm alright at sniplane or bomber, but I'm much more useful in one the above planes.

Jayfourke
08-10-2010, 02:44 PM
OK, a few bans for you admins to do. Played on Bowserscastle in ladder1 just now, a couple idiots need a ban.

1) R!BZ SpeedyGonzales deliberately left midgame.
2) Ball Braiden* CN was exploiting a glitch and reverse randa-ing through the wall and bombing our base from behind.

Evan20000
08-10-2010, 08:11 PM
2) Ball Braiden* CN was exploiting a glitch and reverse randa-ing through the wall and bombing our base from behind.

I found that a while ago. I was praying nobody else would find out. Well, cat is out of the bag now ;(

Inofaith
08-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Saw that happen, really annoying.

Pieface
08-17-2010, 09:51 PM
A player named "Wolly" left midgame right before our team bombed the other base, causing us to get a hit 5v4. I don't have any screenshots but numerous other people were there and can attest to it. No admins were present at the time. I can find the part of my log that says it if necessary.

Edit: Realized the chat log wouldn't be very helpful. >.>

Boko
08-17-2010, 10:25 PM
SCREENSHOTS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! (or logfiles in case of sherlock nobo)

We all know what it means when like, say 4 people attest to something.

Evan20000
08-17-2010, 11:04 PM
We also know Pie is a mod and hasn't pulled any sort of **** like this in the past. That gives him benefit of the doubt, yes?

Kuja900
08-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Hi I just joined ladder and immediately after joining I had an arbitrary vote kick on me and it passed.

http://a.imageshack.us/img828/9683/altitude201008172032535.png

edit: rejoined and got another one from carbon this time, it didn't pass
http://a.imageshack.us/img256/8135/altitude201008172036468.png

drunkguava
08-18-2010, 02:13 AM
incidents have been investigated and bans have been handed out to wolly, <3 EvilArsenal!! (slevin), and carbon.

PM me if you have problems with your ban.

Evan20000
08-18-2010, 03:31 AM
People doing it are trying to be funny, but they don't realize they're the butt of the joke. :(

Stormich
08-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Usually it's easier if you PM someone, like me, I enjoy reading PMs with pretty pictures in them, then I open mah altitude.exe and ban some peoples.

DerRoteBaron
08-18-2010, 11:17 PM
I got vote kicked off the TBD ladder today, the reason was sucking. Offcourse i had to endure some verbal abuse first.

I wasnt using rev, nor any stupid plane setup. I did my best and tried to help my team as best i could. I made not be as good in TBD as Ball but that isnt bannable right. I tried everything i could to make a usefull addition to the team.

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8498/altitude.jpg (http://img697.imageshack.us/i/altitude.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Evan20000
08-18-2010, 11:44 PM
While we're on the "BAN ZERO" line of thought, let me reach into my own F5 folder.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6382/banzero.png

elxir
08-19-2010, 04:14 AM
knowing that rote frequently spams tbd ladder for ball ladder, i think you need more than a lobby screenshot to prove that's what was going on.

i imagine ingbo knows seeing as he is in the screeny.

DerRoteBaron
08-19-2010, 01:20 PM
knowing that rote frequently spams tbd ladder for ball ladder, i think you need more than a lobby screenshot to prove that's what was going on.

i imagine ingbo knows seeing as he is in the screeny.

It was only i spec chat first of all and all chat during lobby. Not rly spamming anyway.

shrode
08-22-2010, 09:09 AM
is playing drunk bannable? serious question

[Y]
08-22-2010, 04:49 PM
is playing drunk bannable? serious question
only if you get caught by the cyber police. serious answer

Evan20000
08-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Depends how drunk you are.

Pieface
08-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Requesting a ban on Blue/Wood, who's ingame name right now is "Larton Crepsley." He's left midgame at least three times in the last day. Yesterday night I was on his team and he refused to spawn or leave because he was having "computer issues," and another game he came back with constant 800 ping the entire game.

Attached are screenshots of him leaving the game today and of him coming in as a spectator and trying to call a vote while a map was in progress. Not sure if start_random does anything during a match, but whatever.

tgleaf
08-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Requesting a ban on Blue/Wood, who's ingame name right now is "Larton Crepsley." He's left midgame at least three times in the last day. Yesterday night I was on his team and he refused to spawn or leave because he was having "computer issues," and another game he came back with constant 800 ping the entire game.

Attached are screenshots of him leaving the game today and of him coming in as a spectator and trying to call a vote while a map was in progress. Not sure if start_random does anything during a match, but whatever.

An admin took care of it. He's banned.

Jayfourke
09-09-2010, 09:44 PM
inB4 "BAN J4KE 4 BRAKING LADDR!1!!"

Basically, I joined the game and hit F instantly, cos we were still in ladder and I wanted to play. But apparently the vote had already been called.

And of course, there was rage. And hate. I lulzed.

wolf'j'max
09-09-2010, 10:03 PM
inB4 "BAN J4KE 4 BRAKING LADDR!1!!"

Basically, I joined the game and hit F instantly, cos we were still in ladder and I wanted to play. But apparently the vote had already been called.

And of course, there was rage. And hate. I lulzed.

Breaking ladder is not a banable offense.

Danielle
09-09-2010, 10:58 PM
I'd like to make a complaint about ingbo.
I know he's an admin, but I don't give a crap.

Basically, when ladder isn't too busy, I spec.
I like watching people play, it helps me learn.

Yes, I can spec in a pub server, but what's the point? The players are ****.
I like to watch the more experienced players, both during scrims, leagues, and ladder.

Anyways, everyone left ladder to go scrim, so there was barely anyone in there.
We were playing on a map whilst waiting for more people to join, at which point, I would go back to spec. I didn't realise how many people joined (IE, enough for a game), so when whales called to go back to lobby, this happened:

[22:10] WhalesHavFeelins2: WE CAN LADDER
[22:10] WhalesHavFeelins2: LOBBY
[22:10] Danielle: no
[22:10] WhalesHavFeelins2: lobby
[22:10] Danielle: i dont play ladder, do not looby until more
[22:10] Danielle: lobby*
[22:10] TAYL00P[PRO]: we'd have enough without ya
[22:10] [fLb]Ingbo: [ ] cares
[22:10] TAYL00P[PRO]: why dontcha play ladder?
[22:10] Danielle: because i dont, ingbo i didnt ask you to care
[22:10] WhalesHavFeelins2 has called a vote to custom start_random.
[22:10] <#Mintz#>: and dani play :P
[22:10] Danielle: stop being a douche all the time
[22:10] Walls: normal
[22:10] Map: tbd_ladderlobby
[22:11] WhalesHavFeelins2: vote 1 and get in
[22:11] Vote passed with 100% yes votes.
> custom start_random
[22:11] Walls: normal
[22:11] Map: tbd_core
[22:11] [fLb]Ingbo: if u dont wanna play ladder
[22:11] [fLb]Ingbo: dont be in the server
[22:11] [fLb]Ingbo: lol
[22:11] You whisper to [fLb]CCN: why is ingbo such a dick to me all the time?
[22:11] [fLb]CCN whispers: duno he's usually nice
[22:11] Danielle: i come here because i spec
[22:11] <#Mintz#>: and to hang out wiht me :P
[22:11] [fLb]CCN: wat
[22:11] Danielle: like i was earlier, then everyone left, so i played a little while no one was around with the others
[22:11] [fLb]CCN: how
[22:11] Danielle: no need to be a dick about it
[22:11] [fLb]Ingbo: server is supposed for players
[22:12] [fLb]Ingbo: who wants to play ladder
[22:12] [fLb]Ingbo: not spec ladder
[22:12] Danielle: right, so i spec during games, when players are already here, if it gets full and someone wants in
[22:12] Danielle: then i leave
[22:12] [fLb]CCN: hey
[22:12] GMOZ!: let her watch
[22:12] [fLb]CCN: lets discuss this later
[22:12] Danielle: i dont see why you have such a problem really...
[22:12] [fLb]Ingbo: fine
[22:12] GMOZ!: jesus
[22:13] Danielle: you know what, i changed my mind, i dont want to spec with an elitist fag here. go suck a cock ingbo

[trimmed some unnecessary stuff out that didn't relate]

Granted, I probably shouldn't have told him to go suck a cock, but I don't see why an admin should be deferring playing from speccing for no reason.

I wasn't hurting anyone, and it's not like the server was packed out, most people were away on ffl etc scrimming, so please, enlighten me as to why an admin is telling me I should not be in the server if I am not playing..

I spec for a reason. I'm not good enough to play in ladder yet.
I don't TRY to play, to benefit you guys, the guys who play.
I don't want piss you off, by playing ****, and dragging your team (and therefore your ranking on the ladder) down.

If someone wanted to play, and needed to get in, I would have left to let them join.
If I was talking in main chat, and someone asked me to spec chat, or stfu, I would have done so.

Ingbo then went on to BAN me.

Can someone please explain to me what the problem is with me speccing?

Evan20000
09-09-2010, 11:05 PM
There is no problem with you speccing. You're doing what any responsible "less-skilled-then-needed-by-elite-standards" player should do. I respect you alot for watching to learn. ^^

elxir
09-10-2010, 05:18 AM
lol what's the big deal they had enough without you why did you even bring it up

mikesol
09-10-2010, 06:13 AM
Personally it seems like you're being a dick to him =X

The text you've posted seems like you started it and continued to taunt ingbo. Insulting an admin is never a way to go about things. If you have a problem please consider talking politely next time. Also - how long was your ban for? I don't see it under the list of bans. I don't think he'd ban you for speccing unless you were doing something else (or unless the server was full).

Stormich
09-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I don't see anything faulty here, they had enough players, they went and played ladder, nobody attacked you or anything they just stopped your game which is their right. If you want to play a non sanctioned server feel free to play Officials and APL(when there's no league match) servers.

You speccing is just fine, no one should push you to play games if you dont want to. I don't know exactly what happened but I know from my own experience ladder guys tend to just vote lobby when they see 10 players in the server no matter what you say and then they start being aholes once you don't want to play. (Not that Ingbo was in the wrong here, he was just being a bit rough around the edges lol)

Oh also, insulting an admin is a bannable offense so ya, **** happens. I always like to bring this up for people to see that they actually have pretty lenient admins.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=97528

hurripilot
09-10-2010, 03:43 PM
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=97528

lolcitybanlol. To be fair, banning a whole city in Alti would seriously mess up the player base, being as our player base is 1,000 or so and SC's is millions of people all over the world + all of Korea.

Danielle
09-10-2010, 09:20 PM
You guys didn't pay attention to what I said.

CCN told me I was banned, and said it was for two months. He then told me that I had to say sorry to Ingbo and Ingbo may limit it to 2 weeks, to which I told him to get f**ked.
It's now apparent that CCN was lying, and I possibly was not banned at all.
Apologies for him being a douche and leading me to a misconception of the events that occurred.

Elixr - Lrn2read.
I wasn't bitching that they stopped the game I was in to go back to ladder lobby, I was simply saying "no, wait" because I assumed they were including me in their 10 count, which would have made it incorrect..
- I didn't notice that more people joined right before they called it, and didn't want them to get to lobby and be 4 v 5 and then ask me why I had not told them that I was not playing..

Mike & Stormich - I clearly did not start it. As per above, I simply told them that I was not playing because I didn't want them to only have 9 and then complain, and then Ingbo replied "[ ] care" or some crap.
As an admin, he should have simply replied "there's enough without you" at which point, I would have realised this, and there would not have been a problem.

His sarcastic reply is the problem here. That's what started me off.
As I previously admitted, I shouldn't have replied in the way I did, but when I'm pretty much being told to leave a nowhere near full server just because I'm specing, it takes the piss.

I wouldn't mind so much, but this isn't the first time that Ingbo has been this way towards me.
I've never even spoken to him, so I don't see why he has a grudge against me for no apparent reason.

[Y]
09-10-2010, 09:26 PM
It's because ingbo is secretly jealous of your gender.

nobodyhome
09-10-2010, 09:27 PM
I don't see a problem here anymore. You posted that you were banned wrongly, but now that we see that this is not true, there is no problem.

Sure, ingbo might've been a dick to you, but we don't require our ladder admins to be nice people--just that they are fair in banning.

If you want to continue to voice your opinion about ingbo's behavior, please post in a place that isn't the ladder official administration thread. I suggest the water cooler.

CCN
09-11-2010, 12:11 AM
I have so much to say, but I think i'll just stick with LOL.

classicallad
09-11-2010, 12:17 AM
IMO CCN=Danielle, some weird alter-ego sheet goin down. >.<

Stormich
09-11-2010, 08:18 AM
IMO we should just ban CCN for starting this, that would be the right way to go

andy
09-11-2010, 11:04 AM
IMO we should just ban CCN for starting this, that would be the right way to go

Or ban his country. We would also resolve the lag issue like that.

York
09-11-2010, 03:35 PM
4) Speccing as a player for any other reason, either repeatedly or without giving warning.

Just to get off the topic at hand:

Can we clarify this a bit. From reading this, I understand taht if I give warning, I can spec. As long as I re-join?

So if this rule is legit, I will use it to my advantage (i have had to take the worst ****s in the middle of those long middleground maps)

But if we all agree to change that, to just no speccing at all, thats cool also.

mikesol
09-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Just to get off the topic at hand:

Can we clarify this a bit. From reading this, I understand taht if I give warning, I can spec. As long as I re-join?

So if this rule is legit, I will use it to my advantage (i have had to take the worst ****s in the middle of those long middleground maps)

But if we all agree to change that, to just no speccing at all, thats cool also.

You're not just allowed to be like "oh I don't like this game - time to spec." That would be a sure way to get banned (especially if you do that repeatedly).

ufo
09-11-2010, 05:31 PM
lol@ingbo finding fault in someone for tryina learn the game by observation instead of playing like sht until they get a handle of the basics

[Y]
09-11-2010, 05:39 PM
lol@long"lol@__"

laddrama is always fun

see wut i did ther

drunkguava
09-11-2010, 07:33 PM
to be clear, Danielle was not in the game when she spectated. She spectated in the lobby because she wanted to observe instead of play. You can NOT spectate midgame. That will definitely get you a ban, as mike mentioned.

edit: oic what york was referring to. no, giving a warning doesnt get you off the hook. redundant post :(...

classicallad
09-12-2010, 09:15 PM
I would like to request to be banned from ladder, i ragequitted a game earlier today.

Many thanks.

Evan20000
09-12-2010, 09:27 PM
I would like to request to be banned from ladder, i ragequitted a game earlier today.

Many thanks.

Lolwut. 10chars

[Y]
09-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Lolwut. 10chars
Sin lies so much that he's speechless at such a blatant display of pure honesty.

Evan20000
09-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Your sinstar is currently experiencing technical difficulties.

Ingbo
09-13-2010, 04:48 PM
lol@ingbo finding fault in someone for tryina learn the game by observation instead of playing like sht until they get a handle of the basics

to be fair most ppl that "Just wants to spec" just want to sit there and distract other players from focusing on the game not exactly sit their with their note documents up taking notes on how to play altitude optimally so lol@lol.

Im sorry if this assesment was wrong (Danielle) seeing as u took that comment VERY sensitively given that u probably censored out like 5 lines of calling me a gay cocksucker. Its just annoying that theres always someone that has to start something about using the servers for what they were made for when u reach 10 players in them + was afraid u were gona distract other players so sure i treated u badly and that was wrong of me.

Smushface
09-13-2010, 05:12 PM
You're upset that you were called a gay cocksucker? Nothing's wrong with calling a spade a spade.

Ingbo
09-13-2010, 05:15 PM
You're upset that you were called a gay cocksucker? Nothing's wrong with calling a spade a spade.

how could u possibly have read that into what i written? either my english is awful (which is somewhat likely) or ur reading comprehension is just lolbad :D

Danielle
09-13-2010, 06:03 PM
:confused:
Huh? I didn't censor out anything that I called you...?

I don't spec to distract people in ladder. I do it because I like to watch/learn.
I genuinely didn't realise that there were 10 people, (not including myself) as the server filled up really quickly.
Obviously I have no qualms with you guys using ladder for what it was made for...that would just be stupid.

Anyways, I'm over it.
Rage @ CCN still though. </3

Evan20000
09-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Post in pink moar. You still need to fight Bagle for the rights to the color pink.

Smushface
09-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Reading Comprehension aside, I just like calling you names.

Evan20000
09-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Reading Comprehension aside, I just like calling you names.

Quoted to preserve hilarity. I may need this at some point.

Beagle
09-14-2010, 06:04 AM
Last edited by Danielle; Today at 03:04 AM. Reason: removing colour. I promised Beagle that I'd stop posting in pink. He is the prettiest of all.

I'm so proud of you

York
09-14-2010, 10:34 PM
edit: oic what york was referring to. no, giving a warning doesnt get you off the hook. redundant post :(...

good thats what i thought. i dont do this but i just wanted to clear it up, OP edit imo

Pieface
09-15-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm pretty sure what that means is if the player gives a reason such as "phone's ringing brb in one minute" before speccing for a short period of time the admins are likely to be more lenient.

Ajuk999
09-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Requesting a Ban on cannibalsock
---------- For Attempting to Kick me while I was in Ladder -----------
9 - 14 - 2010

Rule Broken: 6) Initiating a votekick on a player for any reason other than something that is a bannable offense on this list.

I was playing under the name Matt Dillon, and this is why he tried to kick me:

[12:16] [Team] {ball}'n is my hobby: matt?
[12:16] [Team] AH| Matt Dillon: Yes
[12:16] [Team] AH| Matt Dillon: ?
[12:16] [Team] {ball}'n is my hobby: lemme run?
[12:16] cannibalsock: lul
[12:16] [Team] AH| Matt Dillon: Mmk hobby
[12:16] [Team] cannibalsock: just let balln run
[12:17] [Team] AH| Matt Dillon: Stfu (notice the capitalization)
[12:17] cannibalsock: **** yourself matt
[12:17] cannibalsock has called a vote to kick AH| Matt Dillon.
[12:17] IL|Wolf: 1
[12:17] cannibalsock: q1
[12:17] cannibalsock: 1
[12:17] Vote failed with 55% yes votes (needed >65%).
[12:17] AH|Pave Low *Dem: !
[12:17] [Team] AH| Matt Dillon: While im in ladder?

So basically hobby asked me to let him bomb run and I said "mmk hobby" and no sooner had I said that, cannibalsock says "just let balln run" and I responded "stfu" because I already said I was gonna let him! He then calls a vote to kick me. Now I know your not supposed to leave midgame, but if someone vote kicked for you to leave, wouldn't that be the same thing?
I know the vote didn't pass, but the fact he called a vote, I think matters.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6576/screenshot20100914at121l.png

mikesol
09-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Your issue has been addressed ajuk - thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Ajuk999
09-15-2010, 07:12 PM
I appreciate it mikesol - I will do my best to report every rule breaker I run across.

Much obliged.

nobodyhome
09-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Welcome Pieface and Smushface (their names are merely a coincidence) to the admin team.

CCN
09-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Didn't get screenies, just saw Bomba vote kick some dude twice, ill pull up my logs soonish, hopefully whoever it is pulled screens.

wolf'j'max
09-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Didn't get screenies, just saw Bomba vote kick some dude twice, ill pull up my logs soonish, hopefully whoever it is pulled screens.

he kicked kuja twice. logs wont work for me but kuja has screenies.

Kuja900
09-15-2010, 08:49 PM
The player klf.bomba spammed arbitrary vote kicks on me in ladder for no reason with absolutely no provocation. Times are viewable in all pics.

First vote passed
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3253/34141813.png
2nd failed
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1271/altitude201009151530163.png
3rd passed again
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/6963/altitude201009151547061.png

mikesol
09-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Your issue has been addressed. Thanks for taking screen shots and reporting it.

classicallad
09-15-2010, 09:16 PM
lol, i know rules are rules but doesnt 2 out of 3 kicks tell you something?

wolf'j'max
09-15-2010, 09:32 PM

Yes it tells me people have a reflex of typing '1' instead of reading the vote since aFF and starscream told us they voted 2 whilst they voted 1.

Inb4 care bear.

CCN
09-15-2010, 10:08 PM

Was there at the time, Bomba hates Kuja and felt like it.

Maybe the 1st one could be justified but I wasn't paying much attention, the other 2 were just ridiculous.

Evan20000
09-15-2010, 10:10 PM
It doesn't matter if he is marrying Kuja or wants his head on a pike, random kicks are bannable.

classicallad
09-15-2010, 11:02 PM
These matters have been dealt with via PM, end of drama.

mikesol
09-15-2010, 11:04 PM
It doesn't matter if he is marrying Kuja or wants his head on a pike, random kicks are bannable.

Just as a heads up - random kicks are bannable. However, as I've since been informed - the kicks were hardly random. The admins are discussing how this situation should be further handled and what (if any) other action should be taken. Until then lets please drop the subject :)

Evan20000
09-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Fair enough.

Kuja900
09-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Just as a heads up - random kicks are bannable. However, as I've since been informed - the kicks were hardly random. The admins are discussing how this situation should be further handled and what (if any) other action should be taken. Until then lets please drop the subject :)

Am I missing something? I have chat logs if requested.

wolf'j'max
09-16-2010, 08:10 PM
requesting a ban on: |Shift|B0Tank
he joined after the vote completed but didnt break it, whilst people told him he broke it he left the game even before people spawned so we stopped the game.

screenshots:

http://i52.tinypic.com/21dpnyg.png

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ekk9d3.png

Pieface
09-16-2010, 10:48 PM
The issue's been addressed, thanks for the report.

Cloud
09-21-2010, 04:00 AM
so pie raged and banned me for playing full random, imo that should not be ban cos i played it alot and it represent my rank anyways,
discuss
edit: ok its gone now :D

mikesol
09-21-2010, 04:12 AM
Ya we need to set a solid rule for full random or not. Half of the mods haven't been banning for it and half are. It's silly that we are so split on that. Noboooo we need youuu.

MajorPayne257
09-21-2010, 06:32 AM
So custom random is 100% allowed then? Only full random is in question?

Evan20000
09-21-2010, 06:37 AM
If one gets hit, the other will likely follow.

shrode
09-21-2010, 06:38 AM
how is there a question on full random? I understand custom being almost close to being debatable but there is no value in going full random whatsoever by any stretch of any sane imagination

elxir
09-21-2010, 08:08 AM
how is there a question on full random? I understand custom being debatable but there is no value in going full random whatsoever by any stretch of any sane imagination

thiiiis

at least custom random assumes u are good at the planes u intentionally set up

Cloud
09-21-2010, 02:12 PM
well i can setup crazy setups which are fun to play and go custom random, and that will be allowed?? either allowe all randoms or ban all of them

Kuja900
09-21-2010, 02:36 PM
To ban random you need to impose actual perk restrictions which is new ground for the admins. Please ban rev.

elxir
09-21-2010, 04:51 PM
well i can setup crazy setups which are fun to play and go custom random, and that will be allowed?? either allowe all randoms or ban all of them

or you could just help the team and have setups that are conducive to victory :rolleyes:

Beagle
09-21-2010, 07:15 PM
To ban random you need to impose actual perk restrictions which is new ground for the admins. Please ban rev.

why? lemon 10chars.

shrode
09-21-2010, 08:35 PM
It's simple. Ban both randoms. There is no justifiable reason to use either random in a ladder setting.

To people saying "oh i just want to change it up all the time so the enemy doesn't know what is coming"- PICK DIFFERENT PLANES BY YOURSELF. It's not that ****ing hard to hit E and click on a new damn plane if you really want to 'keep the other team guessing' (which in and of itself is a horrible strategy anyway).

For everything besides random, if people are using stupid ****, tell them to switch and if they don't cooperate or give good reasons to not cooperate then deal with that with a ban

CCN
09-21-2010, 08:56 PM
qn, if an admin leaved mid game or launches a vote kick result =?

nobodyhome
09-21-2010, 09:19 PM
qn, if an admin leaved mid game or launches a vote kick result =?

Screenshot -> post or PM me or ryebone. If the admin happens to be me, then well... you can post =x.

Wok3N^
09-21-2010, 09:27 PM
The problem with banning rev is that there are people who actually use it well. I might not agree with it but players like Nathor, Beagle, Silent Skies, and such can use rev to their advantage. I think custom random or full random should be banned however because it truly takes away any solid plane composition.

Kuja900
09-21-2010, 09:35 PM
The problem with banning rev is that there are people who actually use it well. I might not agree with it but players like Nathor, Beagle, Silent Skies, and such can use rev to their advantage. I think custom random or full random should be banned however because it truly takes away any solid plane composition.

There is no example of a player performing better then they would without it.

Wok3N^
09-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Well we don't know that because they only play rev. I don't agree with the rev and I feel they would do better without it but who knows imo.

ryebone
09-22-2010, 01:49 AM
Screenshot -> post or PM me or ryebone. If the admin happens to be me, then well... you can post =x.

Preferably pm nobo. I'm lazy.

cannibalsock
09-22-2010, 05:20 AM
Requesting a Ban on cannibalsock
---------- For Attempting to Kick me while I was in Ladder -----------
9 - 14 - 2010

Rule Broken: 6) Initiating a votekick on a player for any reason other than something that is a bannable offense on this list.

I was playing under the name Matt Dillon, and this is why he tried to kick me:

So basically hobby asked me to let him bomb run and I said "mmk hobby" and no sooner had I said that, cannibalsock says "just let balln run" and I responded "stfu" because I already said I was gonna let him! He then calls a vote to kick me. Now I know your not supposed to leave midgame, but if someone vote kicked for you to leave, wouldn't that be the same thing?
I know the vote didn't pass, but the fact he called a vote, I think matters.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6576/screenshot20100914at121l.png

ajuk told me to stfu, i voted to kick.

i'm sorry if you are.

mikesol
09-22-2010, 06:08 AM
ajuk told me to stfu, i voted to kick.

i'm sorry if you are.

Whether or not someone says something like that does not allow you to kick someone. Unless they are clearly breaking the rules and you've asked them to stop and they haven't - vote kicks should not take place. Thanks :)

Kuja900
09-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Whether or not someone says something like that does not allow you to kick someone. Unless they are clearly breaking the rules and you've asked them to stop and they haven't - vote kicks should not take place. Thanks :)

Did he get a temp ban or just receive a warning?

York
09-22-2010, 07:53 AM
he vote kicked me for sitting on his name, ban hammer

mikesol
09-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Did he get a temp ban or just receive a warning?

Bans or warnings are not the concern of the general public. If you look back to when that was posted (a week ago) you'll see that I posted that the issue was addressed.

Screenshots? Forms of proof?

Wok3N^
09-22-2010, 08:48 PM
I got the screenies for the canni incident.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7968/altitude201009212128084.png

As you can see, york was in game due to the color of his chat.

Also canni was not spec chatting and such. I will send a PM of that screen shot cause it has profanities :O :O

ryebone
09-23-2010, 06:20 AM
UPDATE: A new rule 12 has been established for ladder.

12) Playing full random. Custom random is bannable if "ridiculous" setups are used, to be determined on a case-by-case basis.

The primary reason is given here. (http://altitudegame.com/forums/showpost.php?p=68631&postcount=79) The OP has been updated to include this rule.

Kuja900
09-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Can "ridiculous setups" pleased be defined? Is rev thrust bip in the realm of ridiculous?

Void
09-23-2010, 06:43 AM
Can "ridiculous setups" pleased be defined? Is rev thrust bip in the realm of ridiculous?

It should be, i consider a rev thrust bip being as useless as a full random plane in ladder.

nobodyhome
09-23-2010, 08:57 AM
It should be, i consider a rev thrust bip being as useless as a full random plane in ladder.

if you had read the link in ryebone's post you would see why we don't ban specific setups but ban random. namely, we will never ban bad play because that just makes you bad, but playing random doesn't just make you bad, it makes your team bad.

Sunaku
09-23-2010, 09:27 AM
playing random doesn't just make you bad, it makes your team bad.Which is why I think custom random should receive the same banning end of the stick.

Reading Ryebone's explanation post, we come to the same conclusions about random undermining a team. What I don't understand is why applying a ban only to full random, while you can clearly see that even custom random is stupid and always hurts a team. In every case, a custom random will throw his team's game because people will have to babysit him and his perks to define a somewhat decent plane composition.

There is no need to review case-by-case the randoms, because in a nutshell, random in a competitive environment is an aberration, every single time.
So kudos for finally taking a stand on this, but please go all the way for consistency.

sunshineduck
09-23-2010, 09:43 AM
yeah I really see no need to play "just the tip" with this one noobo

I mean I am aware that you are all tip and no shaft but in this particular situation you should probably just ban all forms of random completely

[Y]
09-23-2010, 01:33 PM
yeah I really see no need to play "just the tip" with this one noobo

I mean I am aware that you are all tip and no shaft but in this particular situation you should probably just ban all forms of random completely
Insulting people with power probably isn't the best way to get what you want.

Remember the PM to Vi that you shared on mumble? xD

cannibalsock
09-23-2010, 02:01 PM
i did that.

in all fairness, york had been sitting on my name for a few weeks and i needed to get his attention. apparently it worked.

ban if you must.

i can see how calling a bunch of votes could be distracting, etc. but that's simply not what happened. no one crashed, no one dorped anything, no one scored. i'm not in the habit of interrupting or ruining games.

i'm not a smurf, or a spammer. i've been playing this game for a while, i may have an 'attitude' but i respect the game. i hope i'm believed when i say that i have no interest in undermining any of the projects that i and my personal friends have spent many hours creating and administrating. my actions are not malicious, simply mischevous (and perhaps misguided).
my 2 cents: /vote kick is a vote. no one's going to get kicked from a serious game unless the majority of the players think they should. obviously i don't actually expect, or want, to kick anyone who's legitimately playing in a ladder game. it's the internet, it's a joke, don't be so serious.

and woken, please, for the love of god, find something better to do with your time so i don't have to sit here at 8 in the morning typing out why i voted to kick someone
inb4 "dont vote kick and you wont have to type"

Kuja900
09-23-2010, 03:51 PM
If you change your name its not yours anymore

Wok3N^
09-23-2010, 09:15 PM
i did that.

in all fairness, york had been sitting on my name for a few weeks and i needed to get his attention. apparently it worked.

ban if you must.

i can see how calling a bunch of votes could be distracting, etc. but that's simply not what happened. no one crashed, no one dorped anything, no one scored. i'm not in the habit of interrupting or ruining games.

i'm not a smurf, or a spammer. i've been playing this game for a while, i may have an 'attitude' but i respect the game. i hope i'm believed when i say that i have no interest in undermining any of the projects that i and my personal friends have spent many hours creating and administrating. my actions are not malicious, simply mischevous (and perhaps misguided).
my 2 cents: /vote kick is a vote. no one's going to get kicked from a serious game unless the majority of the players think they should. obviously i don't actually expect, or want, to kick anyone who's legitimately playing in a ladder game. it's the internet, it's a joke, don't be so serious.

and woken, please, for the love of god, find something better to do with your time so i don't have to sit here at 8 in the morning typing out why i voted to kick someone
inb4 "dont vote kick and you wont have to type"

IMO read the ladder rules.

Pieface
09-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Vote-kicking is strictly prohibited unless the player you're trying to kick is committing a bannable offense himself. The matter has been addressed - PM me if you have any questions.

ryebone
09-24-2010, 01:35 AM
In every case, a custom random will throw his team's game because people will have to babysit him and his perks to define a somewhat decent plane composition.

Thanks for pointing out the fallacy in my logic (seriously). Not sure why I didn't see it from that particular angle.

UPDATE: Custom Random is now also prohibited.

MajorPayne257
09-24-2010, 01:56 AM
Thanks for pointing out the fallacy in my logic (seriously). Not sure why I didn't see it from that particular angle.

Good to hear! Glad we've finally cleared this up.

cannibalsock
09-24-2010, 02:08 AM

there are plenty of people who can play custom random and excel, especially if they've appropritely set up their planes. i mean.. would you ban eth if he was playing cust rand?

there's an enormous difference between cust and full random. you're not going to get rev rubber lazer from cust.. hopefully.

you shouldn't ban people from playing the plane of their choice. if they are playing seriously, they should be allowed to play the plane they want.

nobodyhome
09-24-2010, 02:10 AM
there are plenty of people who can play custom random and excel, especially if they've appropritely set up their planes. i mean.. would you ban eth if he was playing cust rand?

there's an enormous difference between cust and full random. you're not going to get rev rubber lazer from cust.. hopefully.

you shouldn't ban people from playing the plane of their choice. if they are playing seriously, they should be allowed to play the plane they want.

did you even read ryebone's linked post? or my post last page?

cannibalsock
09-24-2010, 04:00 AM
yes i did nobo, is this clearer?

Now imagine I'm a bomber, and my team is five randoms.

I'm imagining, but I've never seen it

Now I have absolutely no idea what my role is because I don't know what any of my teammates' roles are.

Your role does not change, you're still playing bomber, grab the ball if you have to, kill the other planes the rest of the time.

Sometimes I should be going after the ball, other times I should be sitting back, but I don't know when.
This is not your team's fault. As a player it is your responsibility to maintain awareness and be able to assess a given situation

Sure I could just press tab

Indeed

but why the **** would I want to do that when its much easier for my teammates to just stop being bitches and just pick a plane and stick with it?

No u

tl;dr playing random doesn't make you suck, but it does confuse some people, and those people might be on your team.

The argument that I won't know my role because you are playing random is silly. If you can't figure out what you need to be doing just by looking at your monitor you shouldn't be playing ladder in the first place.

In all likelihood, there will never be more than 1 person playing any variety or random on a team. Their role is ideally to keep the enemy on their toes, switching between a variety of utility planes. Obviously team play with 5 randoms is not the best idea. But if I'm playing tbd, and we've got a runner and maybe 2 splos on D; my team could greatly benefit from a number of planes that all basically serve the same role-offensive map control in this instance. So if I choose to randomly switch between a few planes I'm good at that should be my prerogative.

Custom random has its uses, not everyone who plays custom rand deserves to be banned.

/rant

tl;dr cust rand has it's uses, don't ban it from ladder offhandedly

Sunaku
09-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Oh my god, ladder making me happy ! Wait, something is very wrong here.
Thanks !

elxir
09-24-2010, 06:15 AM
did you even read ryebone's linked post? or my post last page?

to be fair, it's dumb as hell that you would ban custom random of someone like this

http://i56.tinypic.com/v6ktuo.jpg

but you won't ban **** like rev thrust loopy or ace dumb bombs

basically what you're saying is: "we will ban uncertainty in plane composition, but we will allow terrible, certain, composition."

Wok3N^
09-24-2010, 06:23 AM
The thing is, 5v5 TBD or ball requires working team compositions. If there is one player constantly switching, it subtly or even dramatically switches the necessary strategies that team has to do every time the plane switches. It is unfair to other players on the team. The reason why rev can't be banned is that there are some players who do use it to their benefit.

MajorPayne257
09-24-2010, 07:32 AM
The thing is, 5v5 TBD or ball requires working team compositions. If there is one player constantly switching, it subtly or even dramatically switches the necessary strategies that team has to do every time the plane switches. It is unfair to other players on the team. The reason why rev can't be banned is that there are some players who do use it to their benefit.

But like Kuja said...

There is no example of a player performing better then they would without it.

I'm going to have to agree.

CCN
09-24-2010, 01:29 PM
But like Kuja said...

I'm going to have to agree.

Beagle..............

Stormich
09-24-2010, 02:06 PM
TBH Beagle never played normal blue perk, if he did he would have probably done better

CCN
09-24-2010, 02:10 PM
TBH Beagle never played normal blue perk, if he did he would have probably done better

but he hasn't, so he's not better with other blue perks >_>

Kuja900
09-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Beagle would be better if he did not use rev.

A Nipple
09-24-2010, 06:13 PM
i dont see why people are bothered if custom randoms banned...all you have to do is click on another plane before you spawn! (not condoning this)

I have got into the habit of changing to a splodet if the enemies are approaching and i will spawn before they get there, as i'll be bigger and more likely to block or hold them off!

Evan20000
09-24-2010, 06:33 PM
And after all the work I went to covering this, this still comes up. :(

http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4034

elxir
09-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Ok now I'm annoyed.

We were playing a game on tbd mayhem http://www.altitudeladder.net/match.php?id=6587&mode=0

This genius [BT]wrecked was playing 1) a rev thrust repair biplane and 2) a rev thrust repair time anchor.
We repeatedly asked him to play a useful plane. He refused. We lost. Multiple people chimed in with "perks aren't bannable." Charming.

So then I am playing a game on tbd_middleground http://www.altitudeladder.net/match.php?id=6589&mode=0 and I decide to use my favorite setup, bombs/flexi/ace. I was told in no uncertain terms by an admin that I would be banned if I didn't change my perks. Multiple players on my team told me to play a useful setup, despite those same players defending [BT]Wrecked's right to use that abomination of a biplane and anchor in the prior game.

I changed my perks not because of the threat, but because ex asked me to and he's a cutie.

I find the double standard deplorable. So what is it? Only terrible players can play whatever stupid ass setup they want?

ryebone
09-24-2010, 09:02 PM
I find the double standard deplorable. So what is it? Only terrible players can play whatever stupid ass setup they want?

Yes, it's true that we do tend to give new players (the mayhem game was wrecked's first ladder game) a little more leniency. I don't know if admins were present in that game, but he will be banned if his **** setups continue. There is a fine line between noob-suckiness and ignorant-noob-suckiness, and it's extremely difficult for us to make that distinction. However, you are an established member of the community, and quite skilled. For you to play **** setups is clearly in defiance of ladder rules, which you know fully about. So yes, it's a double standard- but I don't think you should ever have to lower your own standards to make that an issue.

i dont see why people are bothered if custom randoms banned...all you have to do is click on another plane before you spawn! (not condoning this)

I have got into the habit of changing to a splodet if the enemies are approaching and i will spawn before they get there, as i'll be bigger and more likely to block or hold them off!

Thanks nip, this is the point of banning custom random. There's no problem with people playing several custom setups during a game. But to do it in a random fashion is obviously for your own enjoyment, and not to your team's benefit.

In all likelihood, there will never be more than 1 person playing any variety or random on a team. Their role is ideally to keep the enemy on their toes, switching between a variety of utility planes. Obviously team play with 5 randoms is not the best idea. But if I'm playing tbd, and we've got a runner and maybe 2 splos on D; my team could greatly benefit from a number of planes that all basically serve the same role-offensive map control in this instance. So if I choose to randomly switch between a few planes I'm good at that should be my prerogative.

Manually choosing a custom setup will still be "random" to the other team, yet you control exactly what your team needs. Do you mean to say that your entire inventory is taken up with map-control planes? Because if not, there's still a chance that you'll "randomly" spawn as a plane not suited for map control. And then you'll just be bringing your team down.

Evan20000
09-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Stezy (Or something like that) was circling our bomb and wasting in a dumb bomber after being told to stop around 6 times. Requesting ban.

Edit: I don't have screenies, but I can provide a chatlog if you like.

elxir
09-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Stezy (Or something like that) was circling our bomb and wasting in a dumb bomber after being told to stop around 6 times. Requesting ban.

Edit: I don't have screenies, but I can provide a chatlog if you like.

confirming this

elxir
09-24-2010, 09:35 PM
ryebone, i figured as such.

what is the protocal for asking someone to change out of a plane they are clearly bad at? assuming the subtle difference between good/bad/new players is recognized of course, i assume newer players (and bad players even if you have 10,000 hours you know who you are) should be more responsive to requests to change out of bad planes whereas someone who has shown they can manage in like rev whale (considered) shouldn't have to?

basically: perks aren't banned, but can we tell someone playing a retarded setup to change planes and actually make them listen?

sunshineduck
09-24-2010, 09:35 PM
requesting ban on blln ({ball}'n is my hobby) for randomly spectating throughout a ball ladder game

http://oi54.tinypic.com/epn035.jpg
http://oi51.tinypic.com/o7qe87.jpg

sunaku can probably confirm this one.

also requesting a ban on {ball} braiden for constantly disconnecting from a ladder game, joining the next one, and constantly disconnecting from that one too (costing me a win in one >_>). don't have any screenies of that, but I'm sure it's pretty par the course for him. can also get cloudu and a couple other people to confirm if needed.

Kuja900
09-24-2010, 10:01 PM
LOL so this one guy just vote kicked a player, camped our bomb dropping it after it spawned and left in the middle all in one game, with a mod present lol.

elxir
09-24-2010, 10:27 PM
left midgame for no reason for a few minutes:

http://i52.tinypic.com/f5ehj.jpg

also i have no SS of it, but ask anyone and they can confirm it (actually ask york he will def know) this kid also randomly left midgame for no reason for several minutes

name-> !|Oh, thanks#>

http://www.altitudeladder.net/match.php?id=6001&mode=1

thanks

MajorPayne257
09-24-2010, 10:35 PM
A new record of ladder fails? Jesus.

elxir
09-24-2010, 10:36 PM
A new record of ladder fails? Jesus.

you have no idea i think someone has been banned in every game i've played today

mikesol
09-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Taken care of some of the bans - Elixir's bans I haven't dealt with as people were in the middle of a game.

nobodyhome
09-24-2010, 10:51 PM
UPDATE: A new rule 12 has been established for ladder.

12) Playing full random. Custom random is bannable if "ridiculous" setups are used, to be determined on a case-by-case basis.

The primary reason is given here. (http://altitudegame.com/forums/showpost.php?p=68631&postcount=79) The OP has been updated to include this rule.

i, uh, swapped the order of rule 12 and 13 so that the infamous rule 12 can still be called rule 12

Danielle
09-24-2010, 11:12 PM
left midgame for no reason for a few minutes:

also i have no SS of it, but ask anyone and they can confirm it (actually ask york he will def know) this kid also randomly left midgame for no reason for several minutes

name-> !|Oh, thanks#>

http://www.altitudeladder.net/match.php?id=6001&mode=1

thanks
Are you ****ing serious? I got DC'd. AND came straight back - I like the way you didn't post me returning.

Did you not notice the 999 spikes right before?
Guess not, you're too busy trying to **** me over for any possible reason.
I know you hate me and all, but really? REALLY? Are you going to be THIS petty? Grow the **** up.

Everyone in the server at the time can back me up that I did come straight back, and the mumblers can also confirm that I dc'd from mumble for a few seconds too.

drunkguava
09-25-2010, 12:13 AM
chillout............

Danielle
09-25-2010, 12:18 AM
No u.

Elixr has had a problem with me for ages, for no reason.
Bitching about my posts is one thing, but trying to get me banned for something so stupid is another.

elxir
09-25-2010, 12:26 AM
I have no idea who you are and the SS clearly shows you did not DC.

nobodyhome
09-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Just chiming in to say that it indeed is possible to DC without it saying "connection lost".

elxir
09-25-2010, 12:38 AM
No offense, but I don't think the users of mumble have very much credibility after the last time one of them denied something and Sherlock Nobo rained truth and fire upon them.

I simply post things that appear to be bannable. I do not click the ban button.

hurripilot
09-25-2010, 01:26 AM
No offense, but I don't think the users of mumble have very much credibility after the last time one of them denied something and Sherlock Nobo rained truth and fire upon them.

I simply post things that appear to be bannable. I do not click the ban button.

I am a user of mumble, does it mean that my credibility is reduced because some idiots (not me, not while I was even on mumble) decided to mess with nobo? You don't want to talk to other people while you play, cool. Don't throw good mumblers like SSD, Beagle, and myself (to name a very few) in the same boat with them. Bans were handed out and served, hopefully lessons have been learned. In the meantime, the rest of us like to get on voice chat and make immature jokes about poop and the internet.

Greekjr14
09-25-2010, 01:33 AM
I am a user of mumble, does it mean that my credibility is reduced because some idiots (not me, not while I was even on mumble) decided to mess with nobo? You don't want to talk to other people while you play, cool. Don't throw good mumblers like SSD, Beagle, and myself (to name a very few) in the same boat with them. Bans were handed out and served, hopefully lessons have been learned. In the meantime, the rest of us like to get on voice chat and make immature jokes about poop and the internet.

I know I learned my lesson, and I appreciate for nobo being understanding that it was a joke. Thanks nobo.

Danielle
09-25-2010, 01:33 AM
Whether they have credibility or not is not even the issue at hand.

The fact of the matter is I GOT DISCONNECTED.
Whether you choose to believe this or not makes no difference to me whatsoever.
I then reconnected and rejoined. No problem.
No need to post about it to get me banned.

I know the rules of ladder, I spec'd for long enough before playing...I know I can't leave mid game, so why would I?

Kuja900
09-25-2010, 01:34 AM
Hurri please don't insult our intelligence. Also if Danielle did indeed come right back whats the issue?

Kuja900
09-25-2010, 01:36 AM
I know I learned my lesson, and I appreciate for nobo being understanding that it was a joke. Thanks nobo.

Have you and the others been unbanned from ladder?

elxir
09-25-2010, 01:53 AM
I don't know what everyone is getting so mad about. Lots of hugs need to be handed out.

hurripilot
09-25-2010, 02:01 AM
Hurri please don't insult our intelligence. Also if Danielle did indeed come right back whats the issue?

You first.

nobodyhome
09-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Oh, forgot to mention: welcome sunshineduck to the admin team.

MajorPayne257
09-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Welcome.

CCN
09-30-2010, 11:39 AM
I am a user of mumble, does it mean that my credibility is reduced because some idiots (not me, not while I was even on mumble) decided to mess with nobo? You don't want to talk to other people while you play, cool. Don't throw good mumblers like SSD, Beagle, CCN THE BEST and myself (to name a very few) in the same boat with them. Bans were handed out and served, hopefully lessons have been learned. In the meantime, the rest of us like to get on voice chat and make immature jokes about poop and the internet.

fixed. HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN :O

Edit:
Fun Fact: I thought about changing Best to Beast but chose against it.

wolf'j'max
10-02-2010, 06:36 PM
inb4 kuja rage post:

kuja was playing terrible, wasting bombs, everyone in our team was telling him to stop bombing etc etc. he said he would rather lose then stop bombing. so aya and i decided to vote kick him for losing on purpose in the lobby.

http://i52.tinypic.com/hsp503.png

http://i52.tinypic.com/14t0axf.png

edit: Viborg Odyssey is a smurf account from kuja, which means his rating is different.

Evan20000
10-02-2010, 07:04 PM
I hope you have more then those screenies, because from here it looks like you kicked Kuja for being Kuja. >.> But since we're here, let me bring everyone involved one of these:

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/9055/butthurtreportform.jpg

Kuja900
10-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Their team had double our teams frag count what do you expect me to do when you cant even secure the middle of the map after 10 minutes of play. You called a vote kick on me for violating no rules. Is someone butthurt?

Evan20000
10-05-2010, 03:44 AM
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1330/altitude201010041931276.png
Blatant Racism. It doesn't matter if you're kidding or not, this kind of stuff shouldn't be allowed.

Exodus
10-05-2010, 03:51 AM
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1330/altitude201010041931276.png
Blatant Racism. It doesn't matter if you're kidding or not, this kind of stuff shouldn't be allowed.

I agree I was there and there was no call for that, kidding or not.

Smushface
10-05-2010, 03:58 AM
Taken care of. Thanks for reporting.

There's a difference between fun jokes and being out of line. This is out of line.

edit: On a slightly related note, when reporting a ladder violation, do it in a way that accurately portrays all sides of the argument. We can generally find out when a report is being one-sided to the point of being false. I have had to recently deal with someone trying to get someone else banned on circumstantial evidence at best and at worst, intentionally fallacious. If you do this, we will find out. And we do remember these things, our community is tiny. So if you want any credibility with ladder admins whatsoever, be honest and be fair.

After reevaluating the entire chat-log, my decision still stands although I do see a slight bias in the reporting. So, please do your best to ensure our justice mechanism is in fact, just.

Stormich
10-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Also, there is no need to post such things in the forum, having screenshots like that visible to the public doesn't do anyone good. Just send the screenshots to an ladder admin via PM.