PDA

View Full Version : your liquid league predictions?

ham
04-27-2009, 04:54 AM
am i the only person who thinks v3 is tremendously underrated in chobo's preds? i am consistently impressed by everyone on their roster. i've got them going 3-0 or at worst 2-1 (loss from fLb, if anyone)

where do you think the preds are off? try to keep the **** talking to a minimum.

kill there boats,

moxie!
[lobstarz]
[V]

Pillars
04-27-2009, 05:07 AM
Ryebone wins. The entire league is a foregone conclusion, we're just playing it out for his amusement.

ryebone
04-27-2009, 05:13 AM
finally, someone understands what I've been trying to say all along.

chobopeon
04-27-2009, 05:23 AM
i wonder what the status of their roster will be come game time?

i think theyll beat itw, i think ym and flb will provide good games that may go either way

so i amend my preds to roughly match yours (3-0/2-1)!

Spirtz
04-27-2009, 05:43 AM
honestly soem of these teams i've never heard or remember a single player on them. V3 looks like a team that could compete with V who are arguable the 2nd best (behind TS of course) i agree V3 has a strong list with many well known names. flb is the only other team with well known players (apa). But i look forward to our game V3 it will be a good one.

BeyondxAbilities
04-27-2009, 03:34 PM
I have to say it's encouraging to see that v3 is being recognized as legitimate contention. As a semi-ragtag group of friends, we never really notice each other as "good" players (mostly because we spend so much time bagging on each other). Regardless of whether or not we do prove Chobo wrong, we are all looking forward to a great set of matches... Just so long as I can run a proper match while managing the backstage of the theater during a running of a play and wasteland can find the time to get off the spotlight tower to hop into one of the matches.

NfoMonkey
04-27-2009, 04:34 PM
yea v3 has a decently good line-up, i bet they will pwn much more ass than the predictions think.

for competition sake i would like to rip on v3-s name but i didnt find anything bad with v3, altho ZS is an MG Rover car model so... Buuurn.

AtomikPi
04-27-2009, 05:16 PM
I think v3 should do better than the predictions would suggest since we're reasonably decent players (all of us with maybe 1 exception have ratios above 1) and theoretically should have pretty good teamwork. The issues with roster variability are an issue (wasteland and I won't be there) but I'm still expecting a roughly even finish for this week (2-1 or 1-2) with our performance increasing over time when we have our ideal 5 person team.

Overall I'm expecting TS>Vapor>???
We'll see how it works out...

I appreciate the support by moxie and the rest.

argonide
04-27-2009, 08:01 PM
I think you're all delusional if you think TS won't get stomped by vapor, here's why:
1. Assume that everyone fields their best players(we will rotate, but it only makes sense to field the best on a TS vs V game that we have to win)

2. Bob and King are better than any other two players on team Solid.
(Although Pillars is surprisingly good considering he just started playing in the new beta, his stats come from games filled with newish players, and anyone can kill whore...)

Now just to make the case(I haven't played enough with the members of vapor not from the old beta to know who's good), lets say Vi, Ryebone, and Lamsbro are the remaining players. Resulting in:

King+Bob > Pillars + (Dio? or Cokane? or ???)
Vi+Ryebone+Lamsbro >= (any 3 remaining players from TS)

In conclusion, Vapor > Team Solid.
(and if my Altitude elitist math is off or something lamsbro will just get some hax from lam)

King!
04-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I agree with argonide.

protest boy
04-27-2009, 08:33 PM

I think you're the delusional one. Both teams have very good players. I don't expect one team to be dominant over the other. I think they'll be very close fought games with both bases taking heavy damage in each.

In conclusion, TS wins 2-1 with each game being a difference of 1 bomb strike/bomb catch.

chobopeon
04-27-2009, 08:34 PM
im taking these predictions less and less seriously the more ridiculous they get

Adnarim
04-27-2009, 08:46 PM
All you old self proclaimed pro's from this forum will get bashed back to the hole you came from.

You can not deny the raw skill and talent from Team Liquid, the best gamers in the world. You old casuals won't have a chance.

! PONIES WILL PREVAIL !

chobopeon
04-27-2009, 08:51 PM
the man presents a well thought out point

Adnarim
04-27-2009, 09:04 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2aka80n.jpg

nesnl
04-27-2009, 09:28 PM
For anyone who doesn't know: Argonide = King!

So his whole post is what I assume to be some attempt at humor. I found it mildly amusing.

Spirtz
04-27-2009, 09:41 PM
2. Bob is better than any other two players on team Solid.
Bob > Pillars + (Dio? or Cokane? or ???)

i agree

*space waste

porpus
04-27-2009, 11:47 PM
I think you're all delusional if you think TS won't get stomped by vapor, here's why:
1. Assume that everyone fields their best players(we will rotate, but it only makes sense to field the best on a TS vs V game that we have to win)

2. Bob and King are better than any other two players on team Solid.
(Although Pillars is surprisingly good considering he just started playing in the new beta, his stats come from games filled with newish players, and anyone can kill whore...)

Now just to make the case(I haven't played enough with the members of vapor not from the old beta to know who's good), lets say Vi, Ryebone, and Lamsbro are the remaining players. Resulting in:

(and if my Altitude elitist math is off or something lamsbro will just get some hax from lam)

Your math is slightly off, but just enough to matter. Let me clear it up for you.

Lorp > Bob > Rest of TS > Vi + Rye + Bro > Rest of V > King >> Arg

So in conclusion, as long as I can distract Bobo from the rest of my team, this will be a cake walk.

duck
04-28-2009, 01:13 AM
For anyone who doesn't know: Argonide = King!

So his whole post is what I assume to be some attempt at humor. I found it mildly amusing.
For some reason I thought Bob = King

NfoMonkey
04-28-2009, 12:46 PM
wow, i kinda feel like a fcktard... since i am the captain i should probably be at most games and i will probably be the one bringing the avg. of awesome down for V, damn me and my Ruggedly handsome yet not that skilled in altitude self.

also im pretty quite sure, most of the others on team V are some sort of manifestations of King and Ryebones multiple personalities. since ive never actually yet seen em play all together, highly suspicious i thinks.