PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Altitude Opening Day

chobopeon
04-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Just making a thread so that people know what's going on in about 2 hours:

@ mogulus.com/tec27 8PM EST, we will be streaming the ITW/TS match with commentary by tec27 and I.

We should get at least one match streamed per week and hopefully we can get better/add more content as each week goes by. Let me know what you'd like to see and we'll try and get it into the next stream.

Triped
04-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Are you guys going to draw on the screen?

chobopeon
04-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Are you guys going to draw on the screen?

yes. actually, john madden guest commentates

protest boy
04-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Is it only available for viewing at that time, or is it accessible at any time after that?

ryebone
04-27-2009, 10:14 PM
yes. actually, john madden guest commentates

everytime a bomb hits, I better hear someone say BOOM

chobopeon
04-27-2009, 10:16 PM
we'll have it looping on the mog channel and at some later date we'll probably add it to youtube.

we're putting it up on mog first so that people can watch it together, get excited and possibly spread the word etc etc

nesnl
04-27-2009, 10:32 PM
we'll have it looping on the mog channel and at some later date we'll probably add it to youtube.

we're putting it up on mog first so that people can watch it together, get excited and possibly spread the word etc etc

Just make sure to let them know that the game will never actually be released. Beta4Lyfe.

Triped
04-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Next time edit out that delay on cave. :o

Karl
04-28-2009, 12:29 AM
great job guys.

It would be awesome if you guys put up league standings and videos on the altitude wiki http://wiki.altitudegame.com/wiki

nesnl
04-28-2009, 12:41 AM
great job guys.

I would be awesome if you guys put up league standings and videos on the altitude wiki http://wiki.altitudegame.com/wiki

Yes, I am sure you would be awesome if we did that. So I am to take it that you aren't awesome already?

NomNom
04-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Nice stream! Good commentating, was fun!

ham
04-28-2009, 07:10 AM
really good job, the commentating was pretty entertaining.

skywalker
04-28-2009, 08:05 AM
add some more emotion+humor to your commenting and it would be absolutely perfect.
however, you kept me entertained enough to watch all 30 mins so that was good.

also, the edited scenes before and after the battle were FANTASTIC. i thought i had video editing skills, but damn...we have to have a video making showdown sometime :)

DiogenesDog
04-28-2009, 08:35 AM
lkasjdflksj;adfa it's not working for me. thought this was being replayed for 24 hours after the event?

NomNom
04-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Yea looping stream is up at this link - http://www.mogulus.com/tec27. If that doesn't work for you, Tec will be uploading it on youtube very soon.

skywalker
04-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Yea looping stream is up at this link - http://www.mogulus.com/tec27. If that doesn't work for you, Tec will be uploading it on youtube very soon.

yeah...I just clicked on that website, and waited.

nesnl
04-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Great video, I enjoyed it a lot. As far as your video recording went I think you mentioned you used FRAPS. Would you mind sharing the settings you used such as fps, compression, and possibly what the hardware on the computer you were using was. Thanks! Again, great video. I promise a better show/teamwork if you record our next match.

Also, I might recommend that you tell teams that you are going to record to preselect the maps and their order as well as the teams they are going to field in each game prior to starting the recording. I know that having that 10 minute block of when Pillars was giving the team strategy to the spectators is probably not exactly what you wanted as filler inbetween matches.

tec27
04-28-2009, 04:00 PM
With regard to fraps settings, here's what I do:
Framerate: 30 FPS
Resolution: Full (I set the game to 1024x768, windowed)
Sound: No sound (merely because I was also commentating)
I also do '/testTargetFPS 30' ingame, I feel like this makes it a bit less jumpy since the game is limiting itself to that, rather than Fraps doing the limiting.

Once I have the raw footage, I take that into Premiere and cut out all that I don't need, then export it uncompressed. I then open it up in VirtualDub, and in the case of the Mogulus stream, I did a 2-pass xvid encode with a 2:1 resolution reduction (since Mogulus unfortunately has a 500kbps limit). For uploading to youtube, I encode out of Premiere, and do a fairly standard HD encoding (H.264 at 1280x720).

As for my hardware:
CPU: Intel Quad Q6600 (2.40GHz)
Ram: 2GB
Graphics Card: Geforce 9600 (512MB)
Oh, and its Windows XP.

That works fairly well for me, with very little framedropping.

The video is currently being uploaded to youtube (and it looks great in HD). Should be up tomorrow (unfortunately, I have a 650MB upload limit per day, and the video is about 200MB bigger than that).

Edit: Also, on the downtime, I think chobopeon and I are planning on doing some other sorts of things to combat that next time (map strategy discussion, etc.). We'll get better at this, I promise :P

cokane
04-28-2009, 05:17 PM
awesome job with the stream, cant wait for the youtube video.

I think a little bit of editing might help. No need to show that long warmup to the cave match for example, though I haven't listened to all the commentary yet.

I think some slow replay stuff would be nice. Show the match straight up, and then show some key sequences slowed down right after, kinda like a sports broadcast. Sometimes it's hard to tell what happened in plane clusters.

skywalker
04-28-2009, 06:04 PM
With regard to fraps settings, here's what I do:
Framerate: 30 FPS
Resolution: Full (I set the game to 1024x768, windowed)
Sound: No sound (merely because I was also commentating)
I also do '/testTargetFPS 30' ingame, I feel like this makes it a bit less jumpy since the game is limiting itself to that, rather than Fraps doing the limiting.

Once I have the raw footage, I take that into Premiere and cut out all that I don't need, then export it uncompressed. I then open it up in VirtualDub, and in the case of the Mogulus stream, I did a 2-pass xvid encode with a 2:1 resolution reduction (since Mogulus unfortunately has a 500kbps limit). For uploading to youtube, I encode out of Premiere, and do a fairly standard HD encoding (H.264 at 1280x720).

As for my hardware:
CPU: Intel Quad Q6600 (2.40GHz)
Ram: 2GB
Graphics Card: Geforce 9600 (512MB)
Oh, and its Windows XP.

That works fairly well for me, with very little framedropping.

The video is currently being uploaded to youtube (and it looks great in HD). Should be up tomorrow (unfortunately, I have a 650MB upload limit per day, and the video is about 200MB bigger than that).

Edit: Also, on the downtime, I think chobopeon and I are planning on doing some other sorts of things to combat that next time (map strategy discussion, etc.). We'll get better at this, I promise :P

Thanks for the tips. Hopefully I'll be able to send some quality stuff over to be put on the broadcast once school simmers down a little.

chobopeon
04-28-2009, 06:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-NIkjeJph8&feature=PlayList&p=A67C2D729135A393&index=0&playnext=1 there it is.

tec27
04-28-2009, 06:35 PM
And make sure you watch it in HD for the best effect :)

NomNom
04-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Nice! thanks!

Vi*
04-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Just watched it-- really cool! I look forward to seeing future casts, especially as I bet they'll improve with experience.

Phasma Felis
05-02-2009, 04:43 AM
Very nice!

Any chance of keeping the game audio on low in future matches? You don't want to drown out the announcers, of course, but I think a little background would make it more exciting, especially to new people.

tec27
05-02-2009, 07:01 AM
Thats unfortunately pretty tough for me to do, but I'll look into it.