PDA

View Full Version : Streamed match week 2

chobopeon
05-04-2009, 02:21 AM
8pmEST tonight streaming V vs. ACE (http://www.mogulus.com/tec27)

Since unexpected developments have obviously taken place, we're going to finish out with a double elimination bracket next weekend.

Round 1 and 2 will be Saturday and we'll finish out on Sunday.

Saturday, May 9

Game 1:
Vapor BYE

Game 2: 3PM EST, Server 2
ACE vs. AF

Game 3: 4PM EST, Server 1
v3 vs. fLb

Game 4: 4PM EST, Server 2
Solid vs. YM

Round 2 will be played at 5 - The loser's bracket will be played as these games are finished in order to get things done as quickly as possible.

I'll let teams know Sunday's schedule as Saturday's games progress.

-Yes, you can reschedule first round games and play them at another time. All regular season rules apply for the first round.

Round 2 and 3: BO1 on each map, best of 5 maps.

Championship Match: BO1 on each map, best of 7 maps.

We will have a streaming match on Tuesday, May 5! ACE vs. Vapor @ 8PM est.

We'll also stream later matches in the tournament. Dates will be given out as the tournament progresses.

FYI, this is not the end of Altitude competition. This is only the end of this season. I've got more ideas and hopes for further competition. The truth is that we'll need a better idea of who will continue to play and it'd be better to finish up and get a fresh start rather than try to adjust all season.

Original post: hello hello!

first, i'd just like to remind everyone that the week 2 match (v vs. ace) will be streamed tuesday @ 8pm est. gonna be fun.

second, i wanna say that we're gonna definitely finish the first season. we're losing a significant number of players but that doesn't mean that the players who have put in the effort to show up should be let down. so we'll finish with whomever we've got. at the end of the season, we'll look at the situation as far as player population and we'll go from there. i'm hoping altitude's publicity push does well so we can have a stable season 2. either way, this has been fun even with the hiccups.

see you tuesday ! and once again, let me know what you think. this week is a little unorthodox but it is always good to get feedback.

DevilsAdvocat
05-04-2009, 03:45 AM
well, if we're gonna finish the season, i suggest we finish by next weekend before only the ppl who pay can play... otherwise the amount of dropouts might... increase

chobopeon
05-05-2009, 05:11 AM
new post outlining schedule up top.

chobopeon
05-05-2009, 11:55 PM
stream in an hour. http://www.mogulus.com/tec27

8pm est

Spirtz
05-06-2009, 07:06 AM
good games. i'm glad that my team of choice won as they should have.

Vi*
05-06-2009, 07:57 AM
I can't wait to see more streamed matches!

What happened to Into the Walls? Us Vapors haven't played them yet, and they seem to still be active.

cokane
05-06-2009, 07:58 AM
great job on map stream this week. excellent games

tec27
05-06-2009, 09:33 AM
I can't wait to see more streamed matches!

What happened to Into the Walls? Us Vapors haven't played them yet, and they seem to still be active.
They've folded to the best of my knowledge.

PS: This week's stream will be on youtube in HD by Thursday morning EST (curse you upload limits!).

tec27
05-07-2009, 07:11 AM
All 4 parts are up on youtube now, the last part is still being processed however (and is not yet available in HD at the time of this writing, but should be very soon).

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHd8rrj19PQ&feature=PlayList&p=C22ACC7FD0CF3EC6&index=0&playnext=1

Watch in HD! :)

ryebone
05-07-2009, 07:40 AM
VERY nice quality videos

NomNom
05-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Very nice!

nesnl
05-08-2009, 03:01 AM
What is the song that plays during Moxie's MVP reel?

tec27
05-08-2009, 03:19 AM
Buckethead - King James

nobodyhome
05-10-2009, 07:37 AM
any word on when sunday's games are? they're v vs ace and flb vs ts right?

Pillars
05-10-2009, 08:18 AM
any word on when sunday's games are? they're v vs ace and flb vs ts right?

Chobopeon posted this on the TL.net Altitude League thread:

"Sunday's games (semi's and finals as well as finishing up the loser's bracket) are going to begin at 7:30 PM EST."

yankeeboy
05-10-2009, 05:50 PM
can we make the games earlier?
it happens to be mothers day, n i have to go out wit my family at night

Pillars
05-10-2009, 06:45 PM
can we make the games earlier?
it happens to be mothers day, n i have to go out wit my family at night
It's probably too late to reschedule...I'm not even sure who we're playing, and chobopeon hasn't posted anything / been accessible since last night.

Assuming we end up in the finals, though, we should still be playing later in the evening so you should check in when you're done w/ family.

yankeeboy
05-10-2009, 07:07 PM
ite
kick ass

DiogenesDog
05-10-2009, 07:52 PM
I can't make it either btw... that's 2:30am for me. I'm sure you guys will be able to scrape together 5, though. kick their asses for me!

Vi*
05-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Yeah, mother's day is a terrible day to schedule this. Good luck, Vapor!

chobopeon
05-11-2009, 01:21 AM
yeah. i am an idiot and didn't totally remember what day it was when i was scheduling.

apologies to everyone. we'll figure it out and get it done - ace is finishing up buying the game and that should mean all the teams have purchased the game so a delay will be no problem.