PDA

View Full Version : Altitude Pro League Playoffs Pregame

York
11-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Altitude Pro League Server #1

(1)(||) vs (8)Area 51 - 1:00 pm EST

So to start off the Alititude Pro League Season 4 Playoffs, the first match will be the 11-0, undefeated Sammies going up against 51, weighing in at 4-7. The last time these two teams faced was back in Week 3, where (||) opened up a serious can of whoop-ass. 51 had lost both games that week which put them at a 2-4 record. A chance at the playoffs wasn't quite gone, but they would have to play the rest of their games with a damn serious mind set if they wanted to make it in. They lost their next 3 games in a row and making their record 2-7, so making the playoffs seemed to be a dot in their eyes, a dot that you can never really focus in on, but you know its there. In the last week of the season, Area 51 got 2 forfeit wins which was good enough to just slip them in as the number 8 seed. Some may call it luck, some may call it chance, but what ever you call it, 51 now has a chance at some revenge. Before this season, the two teams had never faced before, because as Du Ut Des, they pulled a no show in week 7 against (||). Mikesol, the leagues best bomb runner, will not be showing up for the first round in the playoffs, so if Area 51 wants to advance in the winners bracket, they will have to put their game faces and exploit every mistake the Sammies make, which won't be very much. 51 will have few chances to win but if they can take advantage of easy counters and easy pushed to defend, they do have a mere chance of beating the profound Sammiches. The weeks map pool consists of 2 neutral maps, and if they want to have any chance of not getting shut out, they may have to veto both of those maps when possible to avoid facing U.F.O.'s deadly acid.

(2)KLF vs (7)FRO - 2:00 pm EST

Now this looks like an interesting game. Although this is FRO's first season in APL, they have a bunch of veteran players who seem to get the job done. Although KLF punched in with only 1 loss during the season, beating them is not quite impossible. They do have a deadly TA runner, sky, but Beagle's HC is damn good enough to beat it. This is one of the most interesting match ups this season. FRO started the season late and had to face (||) in their first league match. Although loosing to them 2-0, they managed to grab a point from KLF in their second league match. Now, a month later, FRO is at its strongest point and will be going into the game with a relentless attitude. FRO went 6-5 in the regular season and only fell down to 7th from a tiebreaker that was favored in fLb's hand. They still have just as many wins as the 5th seeded Lobstars but they got skunked out of a few points. DO NOT count FRO out, expect a great game.

Altitude Pro League Server #2

(4)IL vs (5)L* - 1:00 pm EST

Between the two 1:00 games, this is certainly the greatest game to watch, and will probably the closest game during these playoffs. As a dedicated member to IL, I will try not to talk in IL's favor, but they were the better seed and beat L* 2-0 in Week 4. Now, IL has recruited the lethal Time Anchor, tmic225. If they have been able to adjust their play style to fit the time anchor, they should grab the win. However, L* has played in 4 seasons. They have made the playoffs each year and they have faced many Time Anchors before. L* have beaten the Legends 4 times throughout the regular seasons and IL has only beaten them four times, twice this current season. So during the season, both teams have been fairly equal, however, the match up has been favoring IL more recently. L* beat IL 3-1 in the playoffs of APL2 and that is the only they have faced post-season. It's really hard to tell who will be the victor here, so the only way for you to find out is to watch it live, or ask someone who won after it happened.

(3)TC vs (6)fLb - 2:00 pm EST

WOOOOO. My personal favorite match. TC recruited some of the strongest players around just for this season of APL, but fLb is the oldest active team of all time. They have some very old veteran players and although having a crappy regular season, they should be able to get it together for the post-season, as they always do. fLb has four playoff appearances. Two of which they made it to the finals they won one of them. They are supposed to be the best, and even though their 6-5 record doesn't look like much, expect Kuja to come out full force, swinging and punching at TC. He really wants this win and will do anything possible to come out and take it. You need to watch this game at 2, all of the cool kids will be there.

ryebone
11-16-2010, 01:39 AM
If Eso doesn't come, IL wins. If Eso comes, IL wins. You heard it here first.

nobodyhome
11-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Team [ESO] will prevail, you just watch.

Smushface
11-16-2010, 01:53 AM
Hey York, I see that you've been working on your grammar.

York
11-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Hey York, I see that you've been working on your grammar.

being sarcastic, or are you actually impressed?

York
11-16-2010, 02:08 AM

*crosses fingers*

Tosconi
11-16-2010, 02:44 AM
nice warm up York.

ps: it's no luck 51're in the play-offs (eeh- Thank you Mike:P), anyway guys've been working really hard. The clan exists practically for more than a year, it's players, captains did a great job and gave a fight (although lost in the end) to every top-tier team this season. They almost got a round from Sammies, got a round from IL. I'm personally really enjoying how 51 develops and wish them elaborate on their results!

evilarsenal
11-16-2010, 03:46 AM
nice warm up York.

ps: it's no luck 51're in the play-offs (eeh- Thank you Mike:P), anyway guys've been working really hard. The clan exists practically for more than a year, it's players, captains did a great job and gave a fight (although lost in the end) to every top-tier team this season. They almost got a round from Sammies, got a round from IL. I'm personally really enjoying how 51 develops and wish them elaborate on their results!

its how IL started, and KLF... i think mordecai is a player to watch... 51 watch out teams might steal him next season :p

Tosconi
11-16-2010, 03:52 AM
mordecai??

evilarsenal
11-16-2010, 04:13 AM
predictions people? and yea mordecai BRO lewlz

Sammich wins 3-0, IL wins 3-2, KLF wins 3-0, TC wins 3-1

next round, Sammich beats IL 3-0, TC wins 3-2, Lobstars beat 51 3-0, FLB beats FRO 3-0 :\

not trying to be mean, i'm just staying an honest opinion (the TC one against flb isnt biased, but the one against KLF maybe :o )

Beagle
11-16-2010, 04:45 AM

Now, a month later, FRO is at its strongest point and will be going into the game with a relentless attitude.

WHERE DO YOU GET THIS INFORMATION

even i hadn't heard about our relentless attitude

York
11-16-2010, 05:00 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/relentless

or you can go in with this attitude

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/clement

depends on if you wanna win or not

tyr
11-16-2010, 05:16 AM

Sammich has been quite dominant this past season. I don't see 51 offering much resistance. They'll take one game at best.

If FRO plays serious, this should be a pretty interesting game which could go to a fifth game and go either way. I'm favoring KLF as they've shown some good results but in my opinion anything can happen. It's really gonna depend on each team's readiness and maps and really everything that matters.

Altitude Pro League Server #2

(4)IL vs (5)L* - 1:00 pm EST

Once again, this can very easily go to a fifth game.

(3)TC vs (6)fLb - 2:00 pm EST

fLb is gonna get raped. They haven't done anything good this season and I don't see any reason they will start now. 3-0 incoming. Maybe 3-1.

Round 2

Winner Bracket Game 1
Sammich vs IL/L*

I think it should be IL facing Sammich but as I said, it's not absolutely certain. In any case, once again, I don't think Sammich will lose. AT VERY BEST IL will take two games but in the end Sammich will advance.

Winner Bracket Game 2
KLF/FRO vs TC

This should be a really good match, not even depending on the team that advances between fro and klf. Really looking forward to it and I can't really do a prediction for this one as it's probably the closest two teams can get (KLF and TC that is, I feel like FRO is still a bit behind).

Loser Bracket Game 1
51 vs IL/L*

Hmm .. Close game once again. If it's IL they'll take it, if it's L*, it's gonna be 50/50 I think. Though L* has always shows incredible resilience in the playoffs so I'll say that they'll advance.

Loser Bracket Game 2
KLF/FRO vs fLb

fLb is gonna get raped
You heard it here first, they'll be out of the playoffs on week 1.

York
11-16-2010, 06:08 AM
tyr, i was trying to be positive to every team, thanks for the buzzkill

tyr
11-16-2010, 06:33 AM
always glad to help

CCN
11-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Gotta say Fro Vs L*'s today was really good to watch, Beagle busted out a coupla non reverse planes even!

XX1
11-16-2010, 07:28 AM
I think the best match will be honestly TC vs KLF if that happens though...
TC vs fLb may be decent game as well but like tyr said the bears haven't been showing anything special this league.

Evan20000
11-16-2010, 08:36 AM

So to start off the Alititude Pro League Season 4 Playoffs, the first match will be the 11-0, undefeated Sammies going up against 51, weighing in at 4-7. The last time these two teams faced was back in Week 3, where (||) opened up a serious can of whoop-ass. 51 had lost both games that week which put them at a 2-4 record. A chance at the playoffs wasn't quite gone, but they would have to play the rest of their games with a damn serious mind set if they wanted to make it in. They lost their next 3 games in a row and making their record 2-7, so making the playoffs seemed to be a dot in their eyes, a dot that you can never really focus in on, but you know its there. In the last week of the season, Area 51 got 2 forfeit wins which was good enough to just slip them in as the number 8 seed. Some may call it luck, some may call it chance, but what ever you call it, 51 now has a chance at some revenge. Before this season, the two teams had never faced before, because as Du Ut Des, they pulled a no show in week 7 against (||). Mikesol, the leagues best bomb runner, will not be showing up for the first round in the playoffs, so if Area 51 wants to advance in the winners bracket, they will have to put their game faces and exploit every mistake the Sammies make, which won't be very much. 51 will have few chances to win but if they can take advantage of easy counters and easy pushed to defend, they do have a mere chance of beating the profound Sammiches. The weeks map pool consists of 2 neutral maps, and if they want to have any chance of not getting shut out, they may have to veto both of those maps when possible to avoid facing U.F.O.'s deadly acid. Also, nubstar will fumble the bomb.

Fixed. You forgot that crucial bit. I think the fLb/TC game will need to be filmed, Tyr.

tyr
11-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I haven't talked to Sheherazade but he also set up a livestream so we'll probably just stay in one server each and cover the games there.
Dibs on Proleague 2. I wanna see fLb get roflstomped.
At least for the round 1. I kinda wanna watch TC vs KLF/FRO in round 2.

Mandrad
11-16-2010, 10:27 AM
... i think mordecai is a player to watch... 51 watch out teams might steal him next season :p
He is indeed a promissing bip but he is lost in combat for a long time (never played a league game).
@ Tosc, tx for the kind words (as always).
and yea mordecai BRO lewlz
:confused:

Beagle
11-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Gotta say Fro Vs L*'s today was really good to watch, Beagle busted out a coupla non reverse planes even!

CCN I have heard you have been impersonating me again and I am not amused

Stop it

I was way too smashed from fighting a spider all night to go to a FRO vs L* match, nor was I acutely aware of when it was on

Flight 666
11-16-2010, 02:30 PM

Eso was there when we went 2-0 on regular season

Pieface
11-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Also, nubstar will fumble the bomb

My favorite bit was when you picked up the bomb with triple golds, then flew back to the base to heal even though 4 of TC were dead. :p

Don't deny it, it happened. And I say this from the unbiased perspective of an equally helpless runner.

banana
11-16-2010, 06:18 PM
I thought this was a drinking game thread when I saw the title :(

Every time someone gets a partial bomb hit, take a shot.

tyr
11-16-2010, 06:26 PM
i thought this was a drinking game thread when i saw the title :(

every time someone gets a partial bomb hit, take a shot.

OMG THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

caps

Evan20000
11-16-2010, 08:33 PM
My favorite bit was when you picked up the bomb with triple golds, then flew back to the base to heal even though 4 of TC were dead. :p

Don't deny it, it happened. And I say this from the unbiased perspective of an equally helpless runner.

I remember that. I had a sliver of HP and would have died from the turret :(

York
11-16-2010, 08:53 PM
I remember that. I had a sliver of HP and would have died from the turret :(

ive taught u b4 sins. fly to top of map, press s+d, keep ur bars

ALSO

who cares if u die, 3 bar ace instinct is so good to land a hit with -.-

Pieface
11-16-2010, 08:54 PM
i remember that. I had a sliver of hp and would have died from the turret :(

LIES! :P chars