PDA

View Full Version : Banned, 666.

Flight 666
12-03-2010, 11:31 PM
I got banned, for 3 days.
cause i was lagging for 300 to 999 for a game?
serious?
pll get d/c like almost avery game,
i was 999 on a no max ping, so i sit.
The admin guava, was hunting me.

This is bull****, i ****ing done

Smushface
12-03-2010, 11:38 PM
The admin guava, was hunting me,

My favorite line.

Can we bring back forum signatures but not allow them to have pictures or links?

Flight 666
12-03-2010, 11:44 PM
My favorite line.

Can we bring back forum signatures but not allow them to have pictures or links?

Hum, ya, my english is limited ya u discovered it, congrtz.

drunkguava
12-04-2010, 12:00 AM
i explained this to you already, but maybe the language barrier is an issue. Here's my explanation once again.

First game I played with you, you kept spectating. I asked you why and you said you were going to 999 ping. I said ok, fine, but don't join next game. I repeated this message 2-3 times.

You still joined next game. And you proceeded to spectate a good 5 times again.
Hence, ban.

Smushface
12-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Hum, ya, my english is limited ya u discovered it, congrtz.

Not insulting your english abilities, the way it is phrased is just amusing.

Premier Stalin
12-04-2010, 12:07 AM
lol flight i feel for u. same ban here, just 45 days long :P

Blue
12-04-2010, 12:11 AM
i explained this to you already, but maybe the language barrier is an issue. Here's my explanation once again.

First game I played with you, you kept spectating. I asked you why and you said you were going to 999 ping. I said ok, fine, but don't join next game. I repeated this message 2-3 times.

You still joined next game. And you proceeded to spectate a good 5 times again.
Hence, ban.
i wouldnt ban for 3 days, i would ban for 1 day max, but admins do as they wish.

tgleaf
12-04-2010, 12:17 AM
i wouldnt ban for 3 days, i would ban for 1 day max, but admins do as they wish.

Yep.

Based on type of infraction (e.g. spec'ing once, spec'ing multiple times, spec'ing after being asked not to, etc.), number of prior infractions, attitude toward other players and admins, etc.

It's not a simple "1 day for not spec'ing." I know it would be easier for players to understand if it was that straightforward, but it isn't.

Evan20000
12-04-2010, 12:27 AM
And why didn't this go in the admin thread? ._.

The only bans that get their own threads should be the ones where the banned player loses his **** and makes a total ass of himself for everyone to see. Flight is clearly not doing that.... (imo)

drunkguava
12-04-2010, 12:36 AM
also, flight, this isn't the right way to avoid a ban:

18:11] guava 103 - rye 95: you need to stop that
[18:11] IL|Acacia Avenue, 22: ping
[18:11] guava 103 - rye 95: i warned you before the game
[18:11] guava 103 - rye 95: not to play
[18:11] IL|Acacia Avenue, 22: ah stfu dude

I understand you're well respected in the community and all that and you have a million games under your belt, but you don't get a free pass because you've played this game longer than I have.

Flight 666
12-04-2010, 12:50 AM
also, flight, this isn't the right way to avoid a ban:

18:11] guava 103 - rye 95: you need to stop that
[18:11] IL|Acacia Avenue, 22: ping
[18:11] guava 103 - rye 95: i warned you before the game
[18:11] guava 103 - rye 95: not to play
[18:11] IL|Acacia Avenue, 22: ah stfu dude

I understand you're well respected in the community and all that and you have a million games under your belt, but you don't get a free pass because you've played this game longer than I have.

Sure, i need to stop that?
what i should do?
ask my ping to stop sucking?
You was pissing me along the game, i sit to make a 4v4 so the game could be better, btw whatever.

ggs.

ryebone
12-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Sure, i need to stop that?
what i should do?
ask my ping to stop sucking?
You was pissing me along the game, i sit to make a 4v4 so the game could be better, btw whatever.

ggs.

I appreciate that you sat to prevent the ping from being a hindrance in the FIRST game. However, by continuing to "play" in the SECOND game, knowing that your ping was bad, is what prompted the ban.

Flight 666
12-04-2010, 01:01 AM
I appreciate that you sat to prevent the ping from being a hindrance in the FIRST game. However, by continuing to "play" in the SECOND game, knowing that your ping was bad, is what prompted the ban.

It was looking like fixed when i start the other game.

Tosconi
12-04-2010, 01:37 AM
unban flight and close the topic.

nobodyhome
12-04-2010, 01:42 AM
This is the rule you were banned for. It exactly describes what you did.

2) Playing in a maxPing=400 server when you know your connection is too bad to not get continuously disconnected in the middle of a game, causing repeated disruption.

The fact that you THOUGHT you had fixed the problem should not have any play in this. If an admin requests that you sit the next game unless you are sure you fixed the problem, you better be damn sure. If the problem then arises again, causing you to be banned, you only have yourself to blame.

Sean
12-04-2010, 01:46 AM
He said he was playing in a nmp server. I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Flight 666
12-04-2010, 01:48 AM
This is the rule you were banned for. It exactly describes what you did.

2) Playing in a maxPing=400 server when you know your connection is too bad to not get continuously disconnected in the middle of a game, causing repeated disruption.

The fact that you THOUGHT you had fixed the problem should not have any play in this. If an admin requests that you sit the next game unless you are sure you fixed the problem, you better be damn sure. If the problem then arises again, causing you to be banned, you only have yourself to blame.

I think u got it worng,
i was in no max ping,
and i sit to make the game better in a 4v4.

and he was saying like,
"stop sitting, i bannning u"

nobodyhome
12-04-2010, 01:48 AM
He said he was playing in a nmp server. I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I stand corrected. In this case then Flight was probably banned under rule 12.

Flight 666
12-04-2010, 01:53 AM
I stand corrected. In this case then Flight was probably banned under rule 12.

rule 12,
"Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playing ladder."

well, try think with my point of view, i know my english sucks but...try hard think on my point of view,

i did the opposite of this rule,
i sited do make the game goin on in a better way then me flying around with a 999ping

nobodyhome
12-04-2010, 02:01 AM
We didn't ban you for sitting. We banned you for joining in the first place.

Flight 666
12-04-2010, 02:03 AM
We didn't ban you for sitting. We banned you for joining in the first place.

pls dont say "We" u didnt banned me...guava did,
if u was there u prolly would do nof with me,
btw
ggs
close the topic pls.