PDA

View Full Version : Loopy

CCN
06-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Hi, I'm a lvl 60 in europe and I play the Loopy. I like the loopy, he's fast, and can run circles around anyone else. My K/D is well over 1.

However, I have a few gripes.

Loopy's can't beat any plane, ever. Only by severely outplaying other planes can we have a chance. We can not take any of them head on so we need to go from the back - but the bombers back guns kill us faster then we them... Miranda is obviously a loss with this tactic (and the only workable tactic is spam from far away which can be nullified by good Miranda players using walls) and Biplane is really the best matchup. A little more turning speed would help tremendously, we wouldn't be able to attack head on but we can attack from the side more, right now getting this situation is about them making mistakes.

Also, grenades. I'm fine with the instant kill head on, but when they are chasing me and any time it's near a wall the splash is still 2 hit ko. This is a problem, I can dodge by a fair margin and STILL the splash takes half my life away - I was testing how far away I had to be and it's simply not practical. A little less splash would help loads.
I don't even mind if they keep their super strong tail guns, just kill the super splash.

DevilsAdvocat
06-07-2009, 07:02 AM
iv always disliked loopy, but i wouldnt say its that bad. With flexi wings its turn radius and speed are amazing. also, emp's are just about the greatest cause of death for me (as a miranda).

Pillars
06-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Hi, I'm a lvl 60 in europe and I play the Loopy. I like the loopy, he's fast, and can run circles around anyone else. My K/D is well over 1.

However, I have a few gripes.

Loopy's can't beat any plane, ever. Only by severely outplaying other planes can we have a chance. We can not take any of them head on so we need to go from the back - but the bombers back guns kill us faster then we them... Miranda is obviously a loss with this tactic (and the only workable tactic is spam from far away which can be nullified by good Miranda players using walls) and Biplane is really the best matchup. A little more turning speed would help tremendously, we wouldn't be able to attack head on but we can attack from the side more, right now getting this situation is about them making mistakes.

Also, grenades. I'm fine with the instant kill head on, but when they are chasing me and any time it's near a wall the splash is still 2 hit ko. This is a problem, I can dodge by a fair margin and STILL the splash takes half my life away - I was testing how far away I had to be and it's simply not practical. A little less splash would help loads.
I don't even mind if they keep their super strong tail guns, just kill the super splash.
Skilled use of EMP will win you a ton of dogfights. EMPing a target then using your maneuverability to attack your target from the sides or from behind = lots of kills.

Also, if you buy the full version of the game you'll have access to different upgrades, some of which can provide the Loopy with better survivability.

amatoer
06-09-2009, 10:30 PM
lets say you play the basic loopy with the perks available in the demo.

vs. loopys:
a) front: I. EMP him, fly small circle and kill him. II. just spam rockets. loopys dont have that much hp so you sometimes can kill people this way.
b) back: when you attack a loopy from his back then you nearly won the fight already. just keep track on him, focus on the map so he won't escape and try to EMP him.

vs. bomber:
a) front: tbh, i hate bomber. they seem so easy. just ffffff and you're dead. if you see the bomber face to face your better look for a way to escape. otherwhise you're dead within the next 0.2 seconds. if you found a way to escape his grenades then follow him and attack him from his
b) back: easy if he has bombs, just don't fly below him. if he flys up, then dont follow him directly. you have to follow him, so that his bombs wont hit you. you eventually have to dodge some bombs. be prepared for that.
but if he has that backfire thing, you mustnt fly straight after him. you need a little "angle". try to be a little higher or lower then your enemy, so his shots fail to hit you. EMP can be very useful to prevent him from escaping.

vs. explodet:
a) front: hard, imho. they have so freaking much hp, you will hardly be able to kill him when you fly frontal against him. his blasting missiles can easyly crash you on some walls. be very careful.
b) back: care for his mines! you will die so fast when you dont pay enough attention to his mines. try to dodge them or approach from the sides / from his back with enough "angle". Ofc try to EMP him, so he mb crashs against a wall or sth.

vs. biplane:
a) front: biplane is one of the hardest and good biplane pilots really know their business. you will have a hard time against them. you urgently need to EMP him right away and you better have him always in this EMP-shock status. experience told me to dont come to close to them, otherwhise you die before you say "altitude". plus they can turn around faster then you. really. dont try to kill him in close combat. i think its better to try semi-close combat. its too long for his close-range shot but close enough for you to take good hits on him and to follow him when he trys to escape.
b) back: i find it hard to hunt a biplane. its not that hard anymore if you EMP'ed him, but before that its pretty diffucult imo. you have to focus on the map to see where he escapes to. biplanes are fast and agile and some biplanes have reverse thruster. its very usefull to escape a fight with that perk, imo.

vs. miranda:
because there is no back but only front when fighting against miranda, i dont need and a) or b). mirandas dont very much HP, so you sometimes can kill him by starting to shoot from some distance. in close combat you better look for some smaller corners you can fly around and approach from the other side. with EMP on him, he wont be able to turn around and have a max'ed shot at the same time. so its your chance to kill him! =)

so, thats basicly what i do. atm i'm at a killratio of ~@1.7 with loopy (with over 2k kills)
(sry for bad english and typos etc :))

protest boy
06-09-2009, 10:59 PM

Part of your frustration is due to the bomber tail gun and grenades being too strong, not because the loopy is too weak. I am hoping it gets patched shortly.

Also, as others have noted, EMP is absolutely the best perk in the game. Use it frequently and skillfully and you will find yourself killing 1v1 a lot more often.

CCN
06-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Part of your frustration is due to the bomber tail gun and grenades being too strong, not because the loopy is too weak. I am hoping it gets patched shortly.

Also, as others have noted, EMP is absolutely the best perk in the game. Use it frequently and skillfully and you will find yourself killing 1v1 a lot more often.
My ratio on non-fun games is well over 1 to 1. I have skill, which is why I feel able to criticize the current balance. Emp a bomber, then you have to get the right angle, then you start trying to kill it - and hope no one comes in. If you can fraps yourself doing this in a full match I would love to watch it and learn how you do this.
I use the Loopy a frick load, and I STILL get a higher ratio with bomber even though I have played it many magnitude of times less.

CCN
06-10-2009, 11:00 AM
lets say you play the basic loopy with the perks available in the demo.

vs. loopys:
a) front: I. EMP him, fly small circle and kill him. II. just spam rockets. loopys dont have that much hp so you sometimes can kill people this way.
b) back: when you attack a loopy from his back then you nearly won the fight already. just keep track on him, focus on the map so he won't escape and try to EMP him.

vs. bomber:
a) front: tbh, i hate bomber. they seem so easy. just ffffff and you're dead. if you see the bomber face to face your better look for a way to escape. otherwhise you're dead within the next 0.2 seconds. if you found a way to escape his grenades then follow him and attack him from his
b) back: easy if he has bombs, just don't fly below him. if he flys up, then dont follow him directly. you have to follow him, so that his bombs wont hit you. you eventually have to dodge some bombs. be prepared for that.
but if he has that backfire thing, you mustnt fly straight after him. you need a little "angle". try to be a little higher or lower then your enemy, so his shots fail to hit you. EMP can be very useful to prevent him from escaping.

vs. explodet:
a) front: hard, imho. they have so freaking much hp, you will hardly be able to kill him when you fly frontal against him. his blasting missiles can easyly crash you on some walls. be very careful.
b) back: care for his mines! you will die so fast when you dont pay enough attention to his mines. try to dodge them or approach from the sides / from his back with enough "angle". Ofc try to EMP him, so he mb crashs against a wall or sth.

vs. biplane:
a) front: biplane is one of the hardest and good biplane pilots really know their business. you will have a hard time against them. you urgently need to EMP him right away and you better have him always in this EMP-shock status. experience told me to dont come to close to them, otherwhise you die before you say "altitude". plus they can turn around faster then you. really. dont try to kill him in close combat. i think its better to try semi-close combat. its too long for his close-range shot but close enough for you to take good hits on him and to follow him when he trys to escape.
b) back: i find it hard to hunt a biplane. its not that hard anymore if you EMP'ed him, but before that its pretty diffucult imo. you have to focus on the map to see where he escapes to. biplanes are fast and agile and some biplanes have reverse thruster. its very usefull to escape a fight with that perk, imo.

vs. miranda:
because there is no back but only front when fighting against miranda, i dont need and a) or b). mirandas dont very much HP, so you sometimes can kill him by starting to shoot from some distance. in close combat you better look for some smaller corners you can fly around and approach from the other side. with EMP on him, he wont be able to turn around and have a max'ed shot at the same time. so its your chance to kill him! =)

so, thats basicly what i do. atm i'm at a killratio of ~@1.7 with loopy (with over 2k kills)
(sry for bad english and typos etc :))

Explodadet is an easy matchup, mines are easy to dodgeusually.
Any tips on how to set this up quickly? I can usually emp and angle the bomber but it takes a long time for me to set up so people interfere.
Miranda is a pain in the @ but fun to fight.
Biplane emp and distance bombing ya :D
Small circle tactic I do not feel is the most effective, strategic stall to get emp I feel is better.

I'm not saying Loopy's can't kill, i'm saying they are underpowered.

tyr
06-10-2009, 12:10 PM
When i use explodet, I usually use remote mines, and those are very effective against loopy. They can dodge the mine itself, but they can't dodge the explosion blast that I trigger.
On maps like asteroids with lots of walls, a loopy dies very quickly to that.
Be very careful to what kind of explodet you're fighting.