PDA

View Full Version : Sean's apology

Sean
01-08-2011, 11:32 PM
This is my apology for bringing a player who was not ready for ladder into ladder. I gave the pass to !|bayonator, under the impression that he wanted to watch a game. However, once I had explained to him how ladder works, he joined two games and a third in which he did not play. Unfortunately, those games had very unbalanced teams.

So...
Buffalosoldier
Apa
Goose
and Aya...
I'm profoundly sorry.
If bayonator gets banned, I believe that I deserve a ban also of the same length, if not more.

So...yeah.

Goose
01-08-2011, 11:58 PM
He made ladder history, so i can't hate on him that much. He seems like a nice kid

Apathy
01-09-2011, 12:04 AM
It's ok :) He mislead you, can't blame your self for that. I wasn't really mad at you, just the situation.

Sean
01-09-2011, 12:20 AM
He made ladder history, so i can't hate on him that much. He seems like a nice kid

He is, just he's sometimes a little...a little...you know...slow.

Ribilla
01-09-2011, 12:21 AM

Do tell of the hilarity

shrode
01-09-2011, 12:34 AM
First player in ladder history to get zero kills and only one assist in an entire game.

Sean
01-09-2011, 12:36 AM
You heard it here first. The best part is that he was running. Well, kinda. Wonder if anyone will ever get no kills AND no assists. That would suck.

shrode
01-09-2011, 12:38 AM
He wasn't running most of the time. One spawn he didn't even press a button and floated into a rock and crashed. I lol'd

Sean
01-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Oh, on cave? That was fuunnnnyyyyy as hell

EDIT: Why do people say that? Hell isn't funny. Is it? I dunno, never been there, unless you count the SSAT test as hell.

Izzy
01-09-2011, 12:44 AM
I am a friend of bayonator. I have spoken to him about this incident and he apologizes profusely. He has agreed to read the page on ladder rules and has assured me he will be much more attentive and thoughtful in the future.

Sean
01-09-2011, 12:46 AM
The thing is, he had already read the ladder rules, by my request.

bayonator
01-09-2011, 12:47 AM
This is my apology for bringing a player who was not ready for ladder into ladder. I gave the pass to !|bayonator, under the impression that he wanted to watch a game. However, once I had explained to him how ladder works, he joined two games and a third in which he did not play. Unfortunately, those games had very unbalanced teams.

So...
Buffalosoldier
Apa
Goose
and Aya...
I'm profoundly sorry.
If bayonator gets banned, I believe that I deserve a ban also of the same length, if not more.

So...yeah.

hey sean it's ok i am sorry for ruining it i won't do it again and i got banned for 2 days u don't need banned

Izzy
01-09-2011, 12:49 AM
I must have misunderstood him then. I can assure you he means no harm to anyone, he simply needs a little help with the proper way to act on the ladder servers

bayonator
01-09-2011, 12:50 AM

well while i was there at least i made history lol

Sean
01-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Wow, this thread heated up fast. I'll ban myself from ladder for two days.

bayonator
01-09-2011, 12:52 AM
He is, just he's sometimes a little...a little...you know...slow.

hey goose thnx for sayin i am nice i was talkin to someone in whisper so i wasn't payin attecien

Ribilla
01-09-2011, 12:52 AM
First player in ladder history to get zero kills and only one assist in an entire game.

Awesome.

Sean you do no wrong by encouraging people to get into ladder though, it's what hooks people on the game.

Perhaps one of the unused ladders (they are never all full) could have the password removed, and the scoring system taken off, so it becomes a kind of practise server, so people get used to not leaving, map voting, playing as a team etc. If you want to get someone in then make them play 3 games on that, I'm sure it would get populated by players looking for a quick game, or to brush up without damaging their rating.

Unless you get a good game on the AIR or {arr} servers there is nothing like ladder there for pubs, noone ever works as a team. The idea of puhing all together with the bomb was basically new to me the first time I played ladder, and I was suprised about the severity of leaving bans.

Sean
01-09-2011, 12:53 AM
+1111111111!!!!11!!!!!!!1111eleven

Tosconi
01-09-2011, 02:24 AM

not true - on 6th Jan 9pm GMT (PRO)fessor_Chaos did 0-0(1)-20 and yelled on everyone, because he knows how to play :)

this guy is the legend - http://www.altitudeladder.net/profile.php?id=2f91a34c-86b2-4882-b096-f522edc53cd4

Pieface
01-09-2011, 02:33 AM
God that game with Chaos was so funny. But yeah, I'm totally for getting newer players to play ladder. We were all there once - competitive games are how you improve.

Fartface
01-09-2011, 02:33 AM
Mature threads like this make me admire our community even more. For some reason that looks sarcastic, but I'm not being sarcastic; I'm being totally legit right now. :D

Also, I think you should feel free to continue to encourage new players into coming to ladder. Maybe we could implement a system where a player cannot join until they have spectated through 5 entire games, to get a feeling for the gameplay?

QUEEN ZOE
01-09-2011, 02:49 AM

That's a lie:eek: I was the first player to have that title! A few weeks back I was playing in ladder (bc a few ppl "made" me) and I am certain I may have even had no kills in a game or two. Tell em Goose.

Ingbo
01-09-2011, 03:21 AM
oh **** i had him that game 0-1-20 right?

Tosconi
01-09-2011, 03:31 AM
yep I think he got 1 assist in the last 15 seconds.

Goose
01-09-2011, 03:42 AM
That's a lie:eek: I was the first player to have that title! A few weeks back I was playing in ladder (bc a few ppl "made" me) and I am certain I may have even had no kills in a game or two. Tell em Goose.

oh yeah i forgot about that. but that didn't really count cuz you were forced against your will to play in ladder, and we only did it so we could laugh at you. But it was still fun and you were a good sport about it :)

QUEEN ZOE
01-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Oh it counted! I can't believe you are trying to take my sucky title from me. Oh well :( I still am the worse player of all time.

Goose
01-09-2011, 04:14 AM
Oh it counted! I can't believe you are trying to take my sucky title from me. Oh well :( I still am the worse player of all time.

[FRO] is an equal opportunity employer. even if you suck we still respect you as a player and a person. Remember: you are our secret weapon for the next APL. our success as an organization is entirely dependent on you

Sean
01-09-2011, 04:24 AM
fail secret weapon imo

QUEEN ZOE
01-09-2011, 02:44 PM
fail secret weapon imo

lol. Ya maybe I shouldn't have posted my hanger deck picture. :D

Keep practicing bayonator! You will be ready for ladder in no time. Don't be discouraged that I've been playing alti for 3 years and the only time they let me into ladder is to laugh at me ;). I am ALWAYS the exception to the rule.

Apathy
01-09-2011, 05:59 PM
i played at least 2 ladder games with zero kills ;) Even played APL match i think with ingbo with zero kills ^^

Sean
01-09-2011, 07:03 PM
lol. Ya maybe I shouldn't have posted my hanger deck picture. :D

Keep practicing bayonator! You will be ready for ladder in no time. Don't be discouraged that I've been playing alti for 3 years and the only time they let me into ladder is to laugh at me ;). I am ALWAYS the exception to the rule.

Hmmm...that wasn't what I was saying, but that works also. I was saying that it isn't much of a secret anymore. Works both ways.