ban him tupa imo

http://tinypic.com/r/28mjjn5/7

sunshineduck
01-31-2011, 06:05 AM
context plz

ViPR
01-31-2011, 06:12 AM
i was there,

tupa was raging and decided to thrown the racist card out there..

Not cool imo.

Jrathje
01-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Theres not much in this world that chaps my ass more than a filthy racist...

Ingbo
01-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Theres not much in this world that chaps my ass more than a filthy racist...

Incorrect usage of grammar?

Edit: SSD can u take care of this? I don't like banning my apprentice! :( (Agree that he's out of line btw)

Stormich
01-31-2011, 11:59 AM
I agree this warrants a ban. I'd also like to point out that I'm all for banning all kinds of racist names in ladder. (The second part is mostly concerning Zero. Calling yourself a n***** just perpetuates the problem.)

tomato man
01-31-2011, 02:17 PM
today tupa way saying on a pub that you guys were calling him " fuc**** mexican" , or things like that ; told him to write his version here

tupapito
01-31-2011, 02:28 PM
well yes i call the "bro" like i did for several reason:
1. he call me stupid mexican
2. f***** mexican
3. stupid latin
4. idiot boricua

and i really dont care u call me like that but i have already state
I AM NOT MEXICAN!!!!

but if you're going to keep calling me like that zero u can have your balls and accept when i call u like i did so if im getting banned i really would like to ban him because he started and now the "bro" cannot accept it.

and btw im not racist.

but i think u can stop calling me mexican when i have already told that im not i hate mexicans as much as you do because if i speak spanish im mexican and i dont speak spanish i speak mexican... well just think on how annoying that could be for a person who is not mexican... and by the way that the mexicans talk its call "chilango". :mad::mad::mad::mad:

SO GIVE ME MY STUPID BAN

BUT REMMEMBER ZERO WHO START THE RACIST...

sunshineduck
01-31-2011, 02:53 PM
yeah you see this is why i asked for context.

i don't love tupa by any stretch of the imagination, but i find it hard to believe that he threw out a term like that unprovoked.

i'mma need a chatlog or something, preferably unedited. thanks in advance.

Stormich
01-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Nobo has everything, if what Tupa is saying is true double ban it is

Ingbo
01-31-2011, 03:18 PM
If what tupa is saying is true I think it's a pretty huge douche move by you zero overall, just saying.

tupapito
01-31-2011, 03:18 PM
nobo has everything, if what tupa is saying is true double ban it is

i did not say that was a true ban but if im getting banned why not him! He started and he gets mad because i was doing the same thing that he was doing to me! I dont want to be banned every single player has seen that i am not talking that much because 1 good friend told me that people may like me moar if stop the rage and im trying to keep my mouth quiet but if he is being racist with me why i cant be with him???? All of you are all the time annoying me with that of mexican and everything but i dont pay attention y??? Because i dont care but if i do... Im a racist not fair just because im not like you u have to reject me all the time??? And im not talking only about me im talking about almost every single latin... I know u dont like us on your country guess what im not on your country i live on guatemala i probably can go to america because im american too but if i dont do its because people like u...

I feel happy again i let u know what do i really think if you think im angry blah blah blah its because people like you dont leave me play in peace

tupapito
01-31-2011, 03:22 PM
If what tupa is saying is true I think it's a pretty huge douche move by you zero overall, just saying.

indeed mastah u know that i've been trying just to play but sometimes its unfair how people is with me.. im just another player like all of you! and i just like to play...

Stormich
01-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Well, logs speak for themselves, both get bans. 7 prior bans + calling Tupa a dirty mexican before tupa responded, essentially baiting him -> bye bye forever
Tupa gets 2 weeks for racism and prior bans

Racism will not be tolerated.

"Nigger" is a derogatory term used to insult our ancestors. See, if a white man used it, you'd be ready to fight.
Your using it teaches him to use it. You're saying it's cool. Well, it's not cool. - just a little quote from a random movie in response to http://tec27.com/altbouncer/#8|A%20Nigger0|10

tupapito
01-31-2011, 03:31 PM
he gets mad because he states i picked one of his health packs (didnt see zero on the health pack).
then he begun... stupid mexican... mexicans are stupid... mexican blah blah blah...

didnt say anything on return... yet.

then we loose because i failed to stop one lag bomb...
again:
stupid mexican... tupa youre an stupid mexican who eats beans something like that...

i was still holding it...

then we loose again because the laggy other team was superior (on lag only)
then again same words and some other that i will not say...

not longer holding it...
and i started so i trow all his guetto through the window...
then he gets mad...
i continue...
he was getting rage...
i continue...
he rages...
he delete me from FL
he started to insult again
i continue...
then he said im going to report because youre a racist...

i dont have proobs but i dont need them... he knows what he did and i know what i did... i'm not saying what i did wasnt a racist stuff but isnt he racist too???

tupapito
01-31-2011, 03:35 PM
Well, logs speak for themselves, both get bans. 7 prior bans + calling Tupa a dirty mexican before tupa responded, essentially baiting him -> bye bye forever
Tupa gets 2 weeks for racism and prior bans

Racism will not be tolerated.

woah woah why do i get 2 weeks???
he beguns i only respond to his claims!!!

blln4lyf
01-31-2011, 03:36 PM
lol Zero, such a douche move.

tupapito
01-31-2011, 03:36 PM
yeah you see this is why i asked for context.

i don't love tupa by any stretch of the imagination, but i find it hard to believe that he threw out a term like that unprovoked.

i'mma need a chatlog or something, preferably unedited. thanks in advance.

you do love me

sunshineduck
01-31-2011, 03:39 PM
yeah well the term nigga is obviously unacceptable when used in a derogatory manner, so clearly you were going to get banned for it. the question was what zero did to bait you, and the logs show that what he did was clearly unacceptable behavior as well. as such, the both of you were banned according to previous bans.

thread has served its purpose, mod lock would be greatly appreciated. if either of you have any concerns/questions that you would like to convey civilly, feel free to PM stormich or myself.

don't even get me started on tupa not being able to see health packs, lol

tupapito
01-31-2011, 03:44 PM
yeah well the term nigga is obviously unacceptable when used in a derogatory manner, so clearly you were going to get banned for it. the question was what zero did to bait you, and the logs show that what he did was clearly unacceptable behavior as well. as such, the both of you were banned according to previous bans.

thread has served its purpose, mod lock would be greatly appreciated. if either of you have any concerns/questions that you would like to convey civilly, feel free to PM stormich or myself.

don't even get me started on tupa not being able to see health packs, lol

i didnt say i did not saw it i just state i didnt see the Zero name on the health pack!
i was dying and i was doing randa or loopy not sure... well like i said its not fair get 2 weeks for something the other person started!
its so fair if we get same ban time! because the last time i get banned 1 week only because my router went down and it was my first ping kick didnt knew who ban me... just ingbo told me to wait... what about my 1 day... 3 day ban??? i just start from 1 week cuz im latin??? thats racist

Stormich
01-31-2011, 03:45 PM
woah woah why do i get 2 weeks???
he beguns i only respond to his claims!!! i want same time as him or he same as me!

And for that he got perma banned. Both of you were out of line. Next time someone does something like that don't stoop to his level, just post a screenshot or PM it to an admin on the forum.

i didnt say i did not saw it i just state i didnt see the Zero name on the health pack!
i was dying and i was doing randa or loopy not sure... well like i said its not fair get 2 weeks for something the other person started!
its so fair if we get same ban time! because the last time i get banned 1 week only because my router went down and it was my first ping kick didnt knew who ban me... just ingbo told me to wait... what about my 1 day... 3 day ban??? i just start from 1 week cuz im latin??? thats racist

You have 2 previous bans and that was the only way i judged this. You can be green with pink stripes for all I care.

tupapito
01-31-2011, 03:48 PM
And for that he got perma banned. Both of you were out of line. Next time someone does something like that don't stoop to his level, just post a screenshot or PM it to an admin on the forum.

wait im perma banned or him??? or both??? confused :confused::confused::confused:

Evan20000
01-31-2011, 03:52 PM
You have 2 previous bans and that was the only way i judged this. You can be green with pink stripes for all I care.

That is derogatory towards sunburned martians, Storm!

[Y]
01-31-2011, 03:53 PM

So the whore is finally permban'd from ladder?

1 down, 1 to go

Also, Zero needs two weeks added to his permaban for associating racism with completely innocent bananars.

Ingbo
01-31-2011, 03:54 PM
pada u got 2 weeks and u have no case here, u didnt handle this like u were supposed to and therefore get a ban. zero for his involvement is never going to be able to play ladder again tho so just drop this 2 weeks tradeoff for a life time isn't too bad esp given that I assume that u dislike zero.

Evan20000
01-31-2011, 03:56 PM
;104967']So the whore is finally permban'd from ladder?

1 down, 1 to go

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/043/917/original/hatersgonnapanda.jpg?1269196691

Also, is Tupa really asking for a lifetime ban? Lulwat

tupapito
01-31-2011, 04:00 PM
pada u got 2 weeks and u have no case here, u didnt handle this like u were supposed to and therefore get a ban. zero for his involvement is never going to be able to play ladder again tho so just drop this 2 weeks tradeoff for a life time isn't too bad esp given that I assume that u dislike zero.

ok i understand well i dont dislike him... but he started to be annoying... and im not racist but im just saying that he started how he dares to come here and states that im a racist when im not...
im just defending myself on this case

tupapito
01-31-2011, 04:01 PM
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/043/917/original/hatersgonnapanda.jpg?1269196691

Also, is Tupa really asking for a lifetime ban? Lulwat

im not asking for a lifetimeban i thought that he was getting 1 week!

[Y]
01-31-2011, 04:06 PM
BTDubs

Was tupa banned for racism? Because I don't see him announcing his belief that his race was better than Zero's. If ladder is that intolerant, the rules need to be revised to include racial slurs.

Stormich
01-31-2011, 04:07 PM
;104973']BTDubs

Was tupa banned for racism? Because I don't see him announcing his belief that his race was better than Zero's. If ladder is that intolerant, the rules need to be revised to include racial slurs.

Calling someone a n***** is considered racist and I'm pretty sure everyone knows that

tupapito
01-31-2011, 04:08 PM
;104973']BTDubs

i love this guy...

tupapito
01-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Calling someone a n***** is considered racist and I'm pretty sure everyone knows that

well from the guetto im from u call n**** your best friend...
just saying

Evan20000
01-31-2011, 04:10 PM
i love this guy...

Think again. He was the guy in the bee costume that played "doctor" with you on that fateful Halloween night.

Tupa: It doesn't matter what you call people locally. Online, people expect the common definition of a word to be used.

[Y]
01-31-2011, 04:10 PM
No, not really. Using the n-word on the internet is just a cheap insult for assumed African Americans and holds no racist meaning (which should be blatant in tupa's case).

edit: Ban Sin for Rules 11 and 13 imo.

Smushface
01-31-2011, 04:11 PM
On a related note, Zero has straight up-lied / distorted the truth several times in order to get out of bans or give other people bans.

I told him a few months ago that if he ever tried to feed me some cockbull one-sided story again, I'd ban him, so take it as you will.

tupapito
01-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Think again. He was the guy in the bee costume that played "doctor" with you on that fateful Halloween night.

Tupa: It doesn't matter what you call people locally. Online, people expect the common definition of a word to be used.

i dont go out on halloween

i know i know but he was insulting my whole race by calling me mexican we are latins not mexicans i dont think that is so hard to understand... besides all the other insults

tupapito
01-31-2011, 04:15 PM
;104978']No, not really. Using the n-word on the internet is just a cheap insult for assumed African Americans and holds no racist meaning (which should be blatant in tupa's case).

edit: Ban Sin for Rules 11 and 13 imo.

i love this guy more and more

ufo
smushies u back at skewl yet?

also, best thread of all time

[Y]

this thread is indeed super cereal

rawrrr.

tupapito
01-31-2011, 04:16 PM

hi ufo!
u like the thread??

Evan20000
01-31-2011, 04:16 PM
I was mildly depressed this morning until I read this. Now I'm laughing my ass off. Thanks altitude community!

tupapito
01-31-2011, 04:19 PM
I was mildly depressed this morning until I read this. Now I'm laughing my ass off. Thanks altitude community!

np sir... i will ask for a sections of altitude jokes...

CCN
01-31-2011, 04:42 PM
my favourite part of this is policing vocabulary on the internet.

There has been so many insults, people who have been scared off by rants, excessive derogatory insults and being treated like crap - complete rage storms and none of those are bans, even though they have such ill intent and are systematic. But the moment someone uses a word, oh thats not alright. The best part is Tupa has been insulted for being mexican before but nothing happens, but now that nigger is used the mexican insults also become a problem (to justify the ban on/for the word nigger).

I'm going to assume that the precedent set here will extend to be consistent with all other derogatory comments and insults in the future. I believe(hope) the actions of the admins are consistent, more then to just hypocritically (arbitrarily) ban for using this one word.

Stormich
01-31-2011, 04:52 PM
It's all ad hominem I tell ya

CCN
01-31-2011, 04:54 PM
It's all ad hominem I tell ya

An ad hominem (Latin: "to the man"), also known as argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to link the validity of a premise to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise.[1] The ad hominem is a classic logical fallacy,[2] but it is not always fallacious; in some instances, questions of personal conduct, character, motives, etc., are legitimate and relevant to the issue.[3]

?

edit: this may be useful for the younger readers
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Ingbo
01-31-2011, 04:54 PM
if tupa wouldnt have responded and come to admin with this zero wouldobv have been banned for the mexican insult
agree with u ccn tho that this is a problematic situation in general some players rage slams on baynator etc and this being treated like killing ppl basically. Ive never been a big fan of the racist category in general and I think ur right here if racism is so hush hush, why isnt rage storm the same?

Zero
01-31-2011, 05:21 PM
whoa whoa tupa i only called you a mexican after being called a nigger like 5 times

tupapito
01-31-2011, 05:30 PM
U know i did not i took "your health pack" then u started and I kept my mouth quiet for long time until u make me rage!

sunshineduck
01-31-2011, 05:36 PM
my favourite part of this is policing vocabulary on the internet.

There has been so many insults, people who have been scared off by rants, excessive derogatory insults and being treated like crap - complete rage storms and none of those are bans, even though they have such ill intent and are systematic. But the moment someone uses a word, oh thats not alright. The best part is Tupa has been insulted for being mexican before but nothing happens, but now that nigger is used the mexican insults also become a problem (to justify the ban on/for the word nigger).

I'm going to assume that the precedent set here will extend to be consistent with all other derogatory comments and insults in the future. I believe(hope) the actions of the admins are consistent, more then to just hypocritically (arbitrarily) ban for using this one word.

saying that this ban was because of the use of a single word is rather silly and completely ignores the context in which the word was said.

i don't have a problem with the usage of the word itself. york used it a while ago as a greeting when he was unaware of the fact that there was, in fact, an african american in the server who would take offense to it. iirc, he wasn't banned for that. if he wants to be an ignoramus that's trying to act cool on the internet, that's his call to make.

tupa was banned because his personal attacks in response to zero were completely out of line. please do not try to insinuate that "****ing nigga i wish u get ur ass burned" is an acceptable response to anything. if you or FU wants to argue the semantics of whether or not it's actually racist by the Oxford definition of racism, i'm not going to bother. it's irrelevant.

as to rage, that's a different story altogether. there is a massive difference between yelling at someone for being bad and telling them that you wish that their entire race would burn in a fire. i am not going to start banning people for getting angry at a competitive game as long as the rage doesn't swing into full-fledged personal attacks like they did in this occasion.

if you were planning to ask "where do you draw the line?", don't bother. it's completely up to the admin doing the banning (or not). any ban that's made has always been completely open to criticism or questioning by the other admins, and all of the other admins have been extremely forthcoming with information about the bans they have made, and i don't see any reason why that would change.

@zero, it doesn't matter started it. both of your actions were completely unacceptable, and this is not the third grade.

tupapito
01-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Just accept that u were the racist on first place! I'm just tired of people like u, UFO, hmmm and aFF also captain avenger who has kicked me from public servers because you say that I'm mexican... That's not fair I'm just get to play in so many times u have seen that I'm not even arguing with you even you insult me during the whole game...

Ingbo
01-31-2011, 05:46 PM
SSD I hear what your saying but I honestly think that the constant berations that the likes of bayonator gets are way tougher for him to deal with than zero being called nigga after instigating the entire thing. I'm not saying that this isn't a ban on tupapito plz dont get me wrong but I'm saying that theres a very few amount of ppl that says racist stuff to others but theres a TON OF PPL who constantly gets on "noobs" asses for being bad and they do it nonstop during the games.

Ribilla
01-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Tu quoque logical fallacy, basically "Two wrongs don't make a right"

Whoever 'started it' is irrelevant, you cannot justify wrong actions by citing other wrong actions.

Similarly it doesn't matter whether or not similar remarks have gone unpunished before. Previous wrongs being ignored is not a case for future wrongs to be ignored. Since the dawn of time people have killed, stolen and raped each other, that doesn't mean that it's acceptable now. Just try to set a clear rule to apply from now on, where there is less subjective debate when it is, inevitably, broken.

kkthx.

Pieface
01-31-2011, 06:21 PM
The icing on the cake for me is that Zero came here complaining about tupa being racist. Asking for someone to be banned because a situation was not handled correctly means you should expect everyone else who acted inappropriately to be dealt with equally harshly.

Zero got his wish - the people that escalated what he found to be an inappropriate conversation were banned. If either of you wish to discuss this further please take it to PM with the admins involved.