PDA

View Full Version : Post your favorite plane/perk combo

chapped
06-15-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm only level 30, so I don't have access to the cooler perks like Biplane's heavy cannon or Miranda's laser, so for now, I would have to say the most effective combo for me is the suppressor bomber. I also like playing the tracker loopy and the trickster miranda. I HATE the biplane right now though, I'm waiting to unlock the heavy cannon before I play it again. Not a fan of the explodet either. As far as green and blue perks, I've tried all the perks available so far but I always seem to go back to rubberized hull and turbo charger for all planes.

Triped
06-15-2009, 05:02 PM
My favorite is heavy armor explodet with Ace Instincts because it's so unkillable with three gold bars.

In real life, though, I like heavy cannon and recoilless biplane with swept wings and turbocharger.

tacos
06-15-2009, 07:16 PM
bomber-grenade-rubberized hull-turbocharger.:p

jf2l
06-15-2009, 07:19 PM
I like to use either Lazer Miranda, Remote Mine Explodet, Recoilless Biplane, or Heavy Cannon Biplane. (As you can see I have a disdain for Bombers and Loopies)

I use auto-repair for all my planes, and either Turbocharger or Ultracapacitor.

@chapped: You'll get to the point were you won't need Rubberized Hull, but it was definitely my favorite until I got auto-repair.

Kuja900
06-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Time Anchor Miranda/Rubber Hull/Reverse Thrust

Its practically GG the second you see me ;)

chapped
06-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Kuja, that sounds pretty interesting. How does a typical dogfight play out(procedurally) with that setup? I don't even know how the time anchor thing works.

tyr
06-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Flexible Recoilless Biplane with Ace Instincts.

You can pretty much oneshot everything once you start to get gold, plus super maniability.

Carbon
06-15-2009, 09:49 PM
trickster miranda with turbocharger and repair

acid bomb loopy with turbocharger and repair

thermo explodet with either turbo or ultra capacitor and repair

hmm... I think I see a pattern here

Top Dog
06-15-2009, 10:32 PM
regular loopy rubber hull and energy recharger :S

Beagle
06-16-2009, 03:35 AM
Time Anchor Miranda/Rubber Hull/Reverse Thrust

Its practically GG the second you see me ;)

Oops I shot you

Oops I shot you again
You're dead, Kuja :mad:

Heavy Cannon/Heavy Armour/Reverse Thrust.

jeppew
06-16-2009, 08:44 AM
LASOR, Repair Drones, Ultracapacitor.

Fatknacker
06-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Loopy with Repair and Ace Instincts , even though I’m not sure on what Ace does for me!

Triped
06-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Loopy with Repair and Ace Instincts , even though Iím not sure on what Ace does for me!

Check (and contribute to) the Wiki: http://wiki.altitudegame.com/wiki/index.php?title=Blue_Perks

eth
06-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Loopy with tracker, heavy armor and turbo OR tracker, flexible and ace. Heavy armor negates the only really bad thing about loopy(getting 1shot everywhere), and flexible+ace makes you so fast it's scary :O

Triped
06-17-2009, 03:29 AM
Loopy with tracker, heavy armor and turbo OR tracker, flexible and ace. Heavy armor negates the only really bad thing about loopy(getting 1shot everywhere), and flexible+ace makes you so fast it's scary :O

I just had a lot of fun with the new double, tracker and turbocharger. It's a nice plane. =]

Beagle
06-17-2009, 03:39 AM
flexible+ace makes you so fast it's scary :O

Try flexible+reverse thrust
Realise there's such a thing as planes in this game being TOO RESPONSIVE

eth
06-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Try flexible+reverse thrust
Realise there's such a thing as planes in this game being TOO RESPONSIVE

Haha I just tried it, something like 10 suicides in a row lol :( Also miranda warp+flex+reverse is pretty amazing! or rubber if you want to survive.

Pestilence
06-22-2009, 05:27 PM
I think my favourite would be heavy cannon, heavy armour and ultracapacitor on a biplane. I end up using, mainly because I'm too lazy to fly back to base after every decent fight, heavy cannon, repair drone and ultracapacitor.

Triped
06-22-2009, 06:16 PM
I think my favourite would be heavy cannon, heavy armour and ultracapacitor on a biplane. I end up using, mainly because I'm too lazy to fly back to base after every decent fight, heavy cannon, repair drone and ultracapacitor.

People keep talking as if it's land or repair drone, but usually healthpacks from kills are enough to keep me going. Sometimes I take packs from other players' kills if they're using drone. It's really not that hard to collect them.

michael
06-22-2009, 07:39 PM
People keep talking as if it's land or repair drone, but usually healthpacks from kills are enough to keep me going. Sometimes I take packs from other players' kills if they're using drone. It's really not that hard to collect them.

I think mostly people mean this: imagine you are at half health, no enemies or teammates nearby. If you have no repair drone you can: 1) ignore it and go try and kill someone most likely dying because you are already half dead, 2) wander around for a while searching for health powerups or health from other people dying, 3) or fly back to your base.

I usually have repair drone cause i hate seeing my life bar not at full :)

Edit: and my favorite setup is loopy with tracker, repair drones, and faster recharge. I seem to do best with that setup. Miranda is fun, but still hard for me, I love biplanes burst, but I'm horrible at sniping with the heavy cannon.

tyr
06-22-2009, 08:21 PM
I love biplanes burst, but I'm horrible at sniping with the heavy cannon.

Biplane is not exclusively heavy cannon. Some of the best biplane users are recoilless users. You should try it.

NastyManatee
06-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Call me old fashioned, but I'm a fan of laser miranda with repair drone and ultracapacitor. There is nothing quite as satisfying as lasering someone to the edge of death, then warping their fragile existence away right as they think they've made it to safety.

Triped
06-22-2009, 09:09 PM
I think mostly people mean this: imagine you are at half health, no enemies or teammates nearby. If you have no repair drone you can: 1) ignore it and go try and kill someone most likely dying because you are already half dead, 2) wander around for a while searching for health powerups or health from other people dying, 3) or fly back to your base.

4. Kill some newbies for the health powerup. It's obviously riskier but it works out pretty well.

I'd love to see some stats about green perks, ratios, kill totals and team games won...

hurripilot
06-23-2009, 01:19 AM
My favs are biplane with heavy cannon, flexible wings, and turbo charger

Beagle
06-23-2009, 01:40 AM
The whole repair drone thing never appealed to me because I like landing. :D

Pestilence
06-23-2009, 07:12 AM
I like landing too, even do the traditional "stall" flip whenever I can; it's okay for the hills where everything is nice and small but the big maps let me cool off in preparation with the drone.

Triped
06-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Just played a game where some jerk stole almost all the health drops from me. Maybe he read this thread. :(

Massi
06-28-2009, 04:56 PM
My fav is biplane heavy cannon flexi and ace instincts