PDA

View Full Version : Regarding My Ban

York
02-24-2011, 05:27 AM
So I got perma banned from ladder. I was banned for "lag". I shouldn't have "played when you know you lag". I joined in ladder and the map was ball_cross. It was pretty early in the game and my ping was high, but not over 300. Then my sister started watching youtube videos and what not so I spiked and got kicked. I asked her to stop, she did, and I rejoined. When I rejoined the server, as a joke, I screamed "**** THIS PIG!"......"PING*".

I knew what caused the spike, and I stopped it.

If you get kicked 2+ times in 2 games on the same day it's a violation. You should not be playing if you're not sure about your connection.

It's not a violation in a single game.

I got kicked ONE TIME and I thought my sister would stop. At this point, it is not a violation. I joined in the lobby and started my usual banter, "GO TEAM YORK" ect. Then the map starts and after the tournament has already started rye says "YorK if you get ping kicked I am banning you".

I was only kicked one time prior, and if rye asked me to sit in the lobby, I would have. But he told me about this after the tournament had started, what am I supposed to do at that point? I hadn't broken any violations, I wasn't kicked two times yet. I thought it would be okay for me to play a few games.

Any who, my sister starts back up on youtube thinking I was done playing. I spike and get kicked. I tell her I'm not done yet and I re-join. Then about 3 minutes later the house I'm staying in get a power surge or something like that. It caused the router to reset. I had to wait for it to boot up and once it did, I tried to re-join my game but I was already banned. My ping spikes from my sister on the computer are predictable, I usually just get her to stop. But there was nothing I could do with this.

Anyways I'm super open to anything right now, because anything is better than a perma. If the admins can get back to me that'd be great. Thanks.

Evan20000
02-24-2011, 06:34 AM
Be a single child then. C|_|

On a more serious note, posting here won't change anything. If you truly feel that strongly about this ban, PM the admin that banned you and they will discuss it in hushed whispers in their secret admin board.

ryebone
02-24-2011, 07:11 AM
At this point in time, considering your experience with ladder rules, I don't think you need to be told to sit when you lag.

And considering your history with trying to skirt a ban (smurfing, and blatantly lying to me), your credibility, as far as I'm concerned, is nonexistent.

Stormich
02-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Maybe you should use netlimiter.

tomato man
02-24-2011, 07:30 AM
what's NETLIMITER?? im asking cus I have same ping problem.

Stormich
02-24-2011, 10:25 AM
what's NETLIMITER?? im asking cus I have same ping problem.

If you have a ping problem cause other people on the same network are using up the resources just put netlimiter on their PC and set what speed they can download stuff at.

York
02-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Be a single child then. C|_|

On a more serious note, posting here won't change anything. If you truly feel that strongly about this ban, PM the admin that banned you and they will discuss it in hushed whispers in their secret admin board.

I tried to talk to rye and he didn't answer. Mike told me he didn't know what to say. Nobo told me to post here.

At this point in time, considering your experience with ladder rules, I don't think you need to be told to sit when you lag.

And considering your history with trying to skirt a ban (smurfing, and blatantly lying to me), your credibility, as far as I'm concerned, is nonexistent.

Rye, I know the rules. I quoted storm above. But the thing is, I knew what was causing the spike. I took care of it. It was one spike so I joined in the game. After that second spike, I planned on sitting after maze.

And the smurfing thing was like a year ago. It was the first time I had been banned (I think) so I just switched accounts. I did not lie about smurfing, not at all. You asked me if I was DOTS, I said yes. What I lied about what the vote_kick.

I'm not going to spend a whole time of time on this. I'm trying to do things the right way, with respects to posting and being calm about everything.

If an honest mistake is going to be the cause of my permaban, so be it. I wasn't cheating, smurfing, being rasict. I didn't leave game (on purpose). I didn't backtalk to an admin or do the opposite of what he says.

classicallad
02-24-2011, 04:01 PM
wait what, York actually almost sounding grown up?! wtf is going on!

nobodyhome
02-24-2011, 07:13 PM
I tried to talk to rye and he didn't answer. Mike told me he didn't know what to say. Nobo told me to post here.

This is correct. Sins, please stop telling everyone to never post on forums about their bans--I've seen you do this on multiple threads and it's not correct. For most minor issues I prefer people to PM the relevant admin but sometimes it's better to just post.

servili007
02-24-2011, 09:09 PM
just for input, I was in server over the last few days that york was on, and I did observe him sit when told and always wait at least one game to make sure he wouldn't DC as spec, then join and play a full game (and didn't DC). He wasn't raging at admins or anything, and was being pretty respectful when his ping was brought up, explaining the rules he was observing, so it seems that this was just bad luck at play, but what do I know :)

Evan20000
02-25-2011, 05:24 AM
This is correct. Sins, please stop telling everyone to never post on forums about their bans--I've seen you do this on multiple threads and it's not correct. For most minor issues I prefer people to PM the relevant admin but sometimes it's better to just post.

I worded it poorly. I was trying to tell him to post it in the official admin thread, where I assume it belongs or PM said relevant admin. :X

Rainmaker
02-27-2011, 11:45 PM
as york has said on tons of games:

c[_]

deal with ur ban. For some reason you got it.

Ribilla
02-27-2011, 11:49 PM

c[_]

Valid point if it was like a week's ban or something, but it's not, it's a permaban

York
02-28-2011, 12:27 AM

c[_]

I'll deal with it, for the next 20 years. If you just read the OP, you will read that "some reason you got it".

Rainmaker
03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
I've played enough matches with/against you to realise that

a) You are a pain in the ass. You are constantly complaining of your teammates failing but you are never willing to recognise your own faults, you tend to do it in a very aggresive manner. Instead of trying to explain in simple words what he should try doing, you just yell, insult. At the end of the math you tend to boast a lot, show off, or insult your teammates.

b) When you get ping kicked (300 or higher unsteady), when you were asked to step out for a few matches, until you resolve your connections issues; you didn't; you even joined the next game, and got ping kicked (for the 3rd or 4th time).

As a bonus track: it's not your first ban; you have had previous temporary bans.

*regarding ping kick:
We were playing tbd_cave and you got ping-kicked twice, the 2nd time you never came back to the game, ending the game in a 4v4. At lobby screen, when you rejoined server, I asked you to step out because of your ping kicks and you just went nuts/mad about it, you didn't care what I (or anyone else) had to say, you joined again regardless.
Next game was tbd_middleground and this time you were in my team, and again you had 2 more ping kicks; I told you (trhough teamchat) you shouldn't have joined because you were imbalancing the game, again you raged.

*regarding previous ban:
In another ladder game I asked you to quit the spec chat, you kept talking, Sotrmich banned. I even asked Stormich to remove your ban, as it wasn't my intention for you to get banned, I even apologised for it; even though you had broken one of ladder rules.

another side note: you usually comment games as a spectator, usually when one or other team bombs base saying things like "LOL, TEAM FAIL", which really pisses people off.
There is a difference between saying "nice bomb run blue" than "red team fails".

So, yeah "for some reason you got it, deal with it".

My two cents

York
03-01-2011, 07:45 PM
None of what you mentioned above has anything to do with my ban. Me raging and being a douche obviously doesn't make the admins want to unban me but that's hardly a reason to ban someone in the first place.

This discussion wasnt directed toward you or for you. This is between me and the admins. I don't need:

Hurri
GGQ
Acegunner
Tantalum
IntoTheWalls

Coming in here and telling me I should be banned. That's just the select group that I know have me muted in game.

Rainmaker
03-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Well, raging and being a douche can earn you a ban, really (see for example the mexican~nigger)
But apart from that, those mentioned before, accumulate to some more serious offenses. It's not a matter of the sum of the parts, but all in conjunction. You had severe offenses to the ladder community. And being a douche and raging aren't gonna help you.
Hypothetically, someone made a vote_kick (suppose for fun purposes only, or for the kicks of it) but the said person is someone friendly and respected to the ladder community; I don't see why an honest apology wouldn't make amends.

PS: if you didn't want the ladder community to comment on your situation, you should 've dealt with the BAN through PM's. If you post it here, it's supposed to be discussed openly, and everyone should be entitled to post their opinion.

for the record, you got 3 kicks in one day (within 1 hour):
http://64.191.124.60/match.php?id=22187&mode=tbd_5v5
http://64.191.124.60/match.php?id=22181&mode=tbd_5v5
http://64.191.124.60/match.php?id=22178&mode=tbd_5v5

note: I apologize for any bad spelling.

ufo
03-01-2011, 11:18 PM
This discussion wasnt directed toward you or for you. This is between me and the admins.

try the pm feature then rtard

Jayfourke
03-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Heh. I love how York keeps dragging this out, and how he can't recognise that he's at fault, for all his postulating and debating. But by all means carry on, because I'm sufficiently bored to follow this sordid little topic.

Keep up the good work, ladmins. It can't be an easy job.

nobodyhome
03-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Just thought that I'd mention that I specifically requested York to post on the forums and not PM (as York had already mentioned). Having it on forums makes it easier for admins to discuss.

York
03-02-2011, 02:14 AM
try the pm feature then rtard

Just thought that I'd mention that I specifically requested York to post on the forums and not PM (as York had already mentioned). Having it on forums makes it easier for admins to discuss.

For UFO, the rtard.

Heh. I love how York keeps dragging this out, and how he can't recognise that he's at fault, for all his postulating and debating. But by all means carry on, because I'm sufficiently bored to follow this sordid little topic.

Keep up the good work, ladmins. It can't be an easy job.

Heh. I love how some people like Jayfourke keeping making posts like "york is at fault" and "stop draggin this out".

The "debate" or "trial" or whatever you want to call it isn't over. I have had a few admins post their opinions and a few of them are actually siding with me.

This discussion wasnt directed toward you or for you. This is between me and the admins. I don't need:

Hurri
GGQ
Acegunner
Tantalum
IntoTheWalls
Jayfourke

Coming in here and telling me I should be banned. That's just the select group that I know have me muted in game.

Added to the list.

Jayfourke
03-02-2011, 02:21 AM
"Siding with you" is rather optimistic, I think. Or deluded.

York
03-02-2011, 02:25 AM
None of what you mentioned above has anything to do with my ban. Me raging and being a douche obviously doesn't make the admins want to unban me but that's hardly a reason to ban someone in the first place.

Hurri
GGQ
Acegunner
Tantalum
IntoTheWalls

100% optimistic. You think?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_d8CMIYhi-cQ/SoW27JEJyfI/AAAAAAAAB78/w6-OgpZ1qBs/stupid%20troll%20picture.jpg

Ironic coming from me, but 100% true.

nobodyhome
03-02-2011, 02:32 AM

York is correct, there are a few admins that are siding with him from some of the discussion we are having non-publically. And York I'd like to request that you refrain from rubbing this particular point in, now that I've pointed out that you are correct.

To everyone, please stop offering your opinion on this issue if you are not an admin and don't know all that is going on. It is difficult to have a discussion here when all you guys descend upon this thread and throw it off topic. Further trolling in this thread will be insta-deleted.

Smushface
03-02-2011, 03:07 AM
York, just stop.

Ingbo
03-03-2011, 06:20 PM
think the ban is harsh do not know the complete circumstances tho but no matter what ban count u are at i feel like getting perma banned for "lagging" from someone who has contributed to the community as pointed out in the official admin thread is a bit tough.

Mandrad
03-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Ladder bans are by far the most boring forum threads.
1 hour > 1 day > 1 week > 1 month > 2 months > 3 ... - Doesnt this solves it? (Maybe its mb, for the answer is no, but right now i have some time to kill and i dont mind shooting some blanks :D)
Why spend so much characters on sterile discussions?
1 Question > 1 Explanation > Closure. >>> Move on!!
Perma bans? Cut the crap! Its a game, mind heading the fun!

MajorPayne257
03-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Let me redirect you here. (http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4317)

Jrathje
03-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Let me redirect you here. (http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4317)

That is certainly the exception to the rule.

Mandrad
03-04-2011, 05:37 PM
:D Mb, that one wasnt boring :rolleyes:

Ribilla
03-04-2011, 05:51 PM

Best thread ever.

York
03-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Back on topic plox