PDA

View Full Version : Requesting lazer nerf

argonide
06-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Once upon the time there was a player named jeppew who only played lazer miranda. Like most new players, jeppew was bad, so nobody paid attention to jeppew and his lazer antics. As time went on though, jeppew played more and more and got better and better with his lazer. Soon, other players began to take notice of jeppew's adeptness with the lazer. The old players though, the ones that had played for years, still did not consider him a threat.

Then one day jeppew played a couple games with the King! and some old players. Traditionally one is supposed to let the King win as a courtesy. But jeppew paid no mind to tradition and mercilessly slayed the king. This annoyed the king greatly, as try as he might, he simply could not kill this lazer-miranda. Sometimes the king would die without even getting a shot off. Jeppew finished the round with some absurd score like 54-6, considering the level of skill of the people playing.

The king accepted defeat, and later tried to imitate jeppews playing style to see if it was just a fluke or lazer miranda really was imba. Previous to this beating, the king didn't hold the post-patch lazer in high regard. But using jeppews config of lazer+ultracapicitor, one could execute combos with lazer+warps+reverses that would leave the opponent dead without time to react. The combos packed so much damage they even work on armored explodets. After a accumulating some bars, it became even more potent, as one could execute bigger combos and you don't have to spend as long recharging.

From then on king played a lot of lazer-miranda too and for a while it was good. But then other players began to take note of the imba-ness of this king and began using it as well, some of them successfully. King then realized that the insta-death combo kills are actually really lame to die to.

Then lamster released a "balance patch" which didn't do much to change lazer's imba-ness.

tl;dr: Lazer is imba, King writes about himself in third person because he started with "Once upon..." and it just happened

Beagle
06-21-2009, 07:35 PM
It's okay when only you know about it but once other people start to enjoy it, it's time for a nerf?

Super cool story bro.

tyr
06-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Haha yeah, jeppew was basically the only lasor miranda in the game for quite a while. You could be sure that every miranda you saw was trickster, except for him.
Don't know about the lasor nerf though ... I think it's pretty much the same as biplane (recoilless of course). If you don't know how to use it, you're bad. It becomes very good with a lot of practice. So, i'm not sure it should be nerfed ...

argonide
06-21-2009, 08:08 PM
It's okay when only you know about it but once other people kill you with it, it's time for a nerf.
Yea.

I know my fairy tale like story telling was really compelling but it's still an unbalanced weapon and everything that comes with that. (people that use it have a tendency to dominate the game and everyone gets frustrated/complains about it). Also, its kind of annoying that ultra-capacitor is by far better than any other blue park with miranda, but miranda has always been energy hungry..

Blank
06-21-2009, 08:30 PM
the problem has, and will continue to be, a 0 cost reverse.

Shyney
06-21-2009, 09:43 PM
the problem has, and will continue to be, a 0 cost reverse.

no f'n kidding!! why such a powerful ability has such a retardedly low energy cost is beyond me.. Mirandas dont even "turn" anymore, they just reverse, at will i might add.. why turn when you can 180° instantly..? fly past an enemy, and latch onto their tale with the tap of a key. Which would be "fine", if they couldnt do it so easily(stupidly low energy cost). Hold a full lazer, spray it, and 180 when the enemy flys past, to continue the lazer, oh and add in dash for good measure... all in a single sequence.. come on..

PBS
06-21-2009, 11:26 PM
I hate mirandas. Everything and anything to nerf them, I agree with, except it should be three times whatever number is actually done. :cool:

jf2l
06-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Personally, I love my laser. The new patch really screwed with my game (I couldn't get used to the length).

If you feel it's overpowered, then maybe lamster can make it do less damage the longer it's on. If he does though, we'll probably just see more players that play with laser getting even more proficient. (Kinda like those pesky Heavy Cannon snipers)

Fatknacker
06-22-2009, 09:05 AM
I also hate Mirandas but have spent the weekend playing on ‘em (still can’t get the hang of the buggers). I also had to read Argonide’s fairy tale a few times as I laughed, cried and fell asleep.

But if this was a voting thread I’d vote No to a nerf on laser just a the minute.

My Most Hated
1. Explodet
2. Miranda
3. Biplane
4. ToDO (not sure what happened to this plane :D )

protest boy
06-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I rarely play laser miranda but every time I do, I feel guilty for racking up so many easy kills. That's part of the reason I don't play it much.

Has the warp damage ever been considered for a nerf? I don't know how much damage it does, but maybe reducing that will lessen the combo's effectiveness.

I actually made an experienced player quit the game in disgust a couple weeks ago after getting 3 kills in a 3v1 situation using a laser/warp/reverse/fire combo.

Johnny_Vegas
06-24-2009, 12:40 AM
I started occassionally using the miranda with the laser, but I have never executed the "warp kill". I guess that means you can teleport into someone and damage them?

What about the "teleport back in time" perk, does that also damage the enemy the same?

NomNom
06-24-2009, 02:54 AM
I started occassionally using the miranda with the laser, but I have never executed the "warp kill". I guess that means you can teleport into someone and damage them?

What about the "teleport back in time" perk, does that also damage the enemy the same?

Nope time anchor does not damage enemies.

evilarsenal
06-24-2009, 05:35 PM
this game is fair right now... miranda can get one shot and the laser has to hit almost perfectly to one shot planes....

game is fair... no nerfs

Shyney
06-24-2009, 06:25 PM
this game is fair right now... miranda can get one shot and the laser has to hit almost perfectly to one shot planes....

game is fair... no nerfs

Miranda is a joke, this is well understood/established..

Ferret
06-24-2009, 08:00 PM

game is fair... no nerfs

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha.

I think this is appropriate here too.

as red as black
06-24-2009, 10:01 PM
I hardly ever get 1 hit kills with laser. You have to have really good aim to hold it on someone for the entire duration or almost all of it to get a one hit kill on a plane with full health. The only time I ever get 1 hit kills with it is when the person I'm shooting is retarded and flies directly at me, so I don't even have to move the laser.

Combo-ing the laser with a headbutt is really effective though.

Pestilence
06-24-2009, 10:21 PM
You may not get a one shot kill but if you follow up with a teleport you will get that kill in such a small timeframe that you might as well consider it a one shot. It's like arguing that a biplane can't one shot a loopy because, technically, you're firing two different weapons at the same time.

Beagle
06-25-2009, 03:01 AM
You may not get a one shot kill but if you follow up with a teleport you will get that kill in such a small timeframe that you might as well consider it a one shot. It's like arguing that a biplane can't one shot a loopy because, technically, you're firing two different weapons at the same time.

...and the second weapon is firing multiple shots very fast. I-

I don't think you get the meaning of the term 'ONE shot'. It's not meant to be used like that.

as red as black
06-25-2009, 09:22 PM
insta-kill=killing planes with full health in a matter of like .5 seconds

miranda: can insta-kill with laser/headbutt combo

biplane: can insta-kill everything except explo with heavy shot/recoil gun combo.

explo: doesn't really have insta-kill per se, but that doesn't matter cuz 2 out of 5 mines that hit someone will fly them into a wall and insta-kill them. I think thermo/mine hop someone's plane can insta-kill loopies.

bomber: grenades can still insta-kill people

loopy: the only plane without an insta-kill attack or combo.

Every plane has an insta kill except loopy. I say instead of nerfing planes, we just make loopy a bit stronger. Maybe a new perk that looks like the machine gun from metal slug?

Now that I think about it......new perks all around would be awesome!

jf2l
06-26-2009, 05:25 AM
I think that buffing Loopy's EMP would solve this problem. If you make it lock the steering for 1 second, that's more than enough time to crash into a wall. (Maybe the effect should reach 1 sec duration at full vet status though)

Beagle
06-26-2009, 05:54 AM
make it lock the steering for 1 second

oh hey what's this a server full of demo loopy spammers, well i'm sure they won't be a problHUAGHUAFDGHIAUDFGAIDSFHAS

as red as black
06-26-2009, 07:07 AM
oh hey what's this a server full of demo loopy spammers, well i'm sure they won't be a problHUAGHUAFDGHIAUDFGAIDSFHAS

agreed. i hate emp as it is.

I'd say make acid work faster. Whenever I acid people, it's an invitation for other people to come and steal my future kill. Lame. ("Oh hey, there's a smoking green guy! Easy kill!" [kill promptly stolen])

Or....get rid of doubleshot because it's useless, hardly anyone uses it. Add in a better weapon like a rapid fire machine fun with discs of blue laser bullets which fire in a wavy pattern.

Beagle
06-26-2009, 07:43 AM
How about give Loopies a missile that:

Is longer range/improved speed
Has improved damage
Takes a lot more energy

Okay, I'm only saying this because I want a class of plane with missiles that reminds me of modern jet dogfights, so it probably sucks but SHUT UP

...If you make a plane that looks like a fighter jet I'll play it no matter how bad it is :D

nesnl
06-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Here is your plane Beagle:

It is called the gameguard and its looks depict just how it plays:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5751/snoopyh.jpg

Beagle
06-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Here is your plane Beagle:

It is called the gameguard and its looks depict just how it plays:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5751/snoopyh.jpg

I love this plane, I love you

How do I replace the models so this is what my Biplane looks like :D