PDA

View Full Version : Ladder website updates

cipso
04-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Ladder updated 10/23/2011 (implemented by Aki1024)
- Summary of the per plane stats per team on the match details page
- Profile's ranks are now linked to the ranking list page, pushing the viewpoint to that player's rank to quickly see other similarly ranked players.
- Viewing another player's matchlist now shows the "You played on this team" icon for the profile set as default.

9th October 2011 (Thanks to Aki1024 for ideas and implementation!)
- Added rank change for past week
- show general game stats per mode on Score:... pages.

6th August:
- season3 banner created by Ajuk (Thanks!)
- few UI bugfixes

24th May:

- Better pagination of ladder and stats pages
- Added link to altbouncer from profile pages

12th May:

- Stats on profile page are now sortable. Total/avg values are not displayed at the same time.
- TBD Stats on profile page now include bomb carrier kills and bomb defuses

29th April:

- Added bomb defuses and bomb carrier kills to tbd stats page
- To reduce clutter on the stats pages, they now display either averages (default) or totals, but not both at the same time.

27th April:

- Ladder pages now use DataTables plugin with enhanced sorting, paging and filtering capabilities (same as Stats pages)

19th April:

- added rank and rating to the big stats page
- Fixed sorting on "time used" column in stats page
- Added "You've played in this team" indicator to list of matches

14th April:

- Replaced old "beta" banner with new for Season2. Credits for banner go to Pieface!
- Added min/max rating to the profile page.

13th April:

- Reduced Recent matches section on homepage to just single line with last match.
- Added Season2 trailer video made by Pieface!

12th April:

- Fixed reported bugs (wrong flag on home page for 'default' user, wrong header on player matchlist, singular form of time units)
- Added [My Profile] link to the top menu when 'default' user is set.

11th April:

- Revamped home page: it now shows top5 tbd/ball ladder, and also latest matches
- Site viewers can set some user as 'default'. This user gets highlighted in ladder, and is also displayed at the home page. 'Default' user is set in cookie, so if you use more browsers, you need to set it everywhere.

sunshineduck
04-11-2011, 08:38 PM
new homepage is amazing, absolutely love the recently played matches thing!

Clapon
04-11-2011, 09:32 PM
bravo good sir

ryebone
04-12-2011, 12:47 AM
to rip SSD, I absolutely love the recent-matches section. Now I know if it's worth logging on to altitude without actually having to do it!

shmo55
04-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Now I know if it's worth logging on to altitude without actually having to do it!

this. great update.

also, any word on when the archive will be viewable?

cipso
04-12-2011, 08:09 AM
this. great update.

What archive?

nobodyhome
04-12-2011, 08:15 AM
I copied the season 1 data in a db named "Altitude Ladder Season 1". I was planning to do something that will allow you to see that stuff again later.

cipso
04-12-2011, 08:43 AM
I copied the season 1 data in a db named "Altitude Ladder Season 1". I was planning to do something that will allow you to see that stuff again later.

Ah, I see. Sent you PM about this.

elxir
04-13-2011, 09:58 AM
cool idea would be to let u search for all players who have player X listed as best teammate/worst enemy

elxir
04-13-2011, 09:59 AM
another cool stat would be like streak killer, who has been on teams that have broken the most 5+ game streaks

Tekn0
04-13-2011, 11:15 AM
I'd like a worst teammate stats too. Will lead to some cool raging ;)

cipso
04-13-2011, 06:21 PM
cool idea would be to let u search for all players who have player X listed as best teammate/worst enemy

Problem is that best teammate/worst enemy needs some nontrivial computation, and doing this kind of search would require computing best teammate/worst enemy for each and every user :-( It seems like feature with too high effort/benefit ratio.

cipso
04-13-2011, 06:22 PM
another cool stat would be like streak killer, who has been on teams that have broken the most 5+ game streaks

Can you please elaborate? I don't quite get it from your description.

elxir
04-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Can you please elaborate? I don't quite get it from your description.

Ok, so the website tracks everyone who is on winning streaks.

Now, this stat would tell you how many times this player has been on a team against a player who is on such a win streak, and beaten that player to break his win streak.

ex:

cipso:
4/12/11 broke goose's 9 game win streak (match ID)
4/8/11 broke brillo's 3 game win streak (match ID)

elxir
04-13-2011, 06:31 PM
that could actually be elaborated on greatly...have a little "feed" for each player that details any notable achievements they did on a given day

cipso:
4/13/11 won 50th ladder match (match ID)
4/10/11 scored six goals in a match (match ID)
4/9/11 achieved 100 assists in a match (match ID)

basic ideas to show:

100 kills/deaths/assists
6 goals/assists
50 wins
100 wins
2000 rank
2500 rank
3000 rank
5 game win streak
achieved #1 on ladder
lost #1 on ladder

etc etc

ETA: if you make these exclusive enough, they may be scarce enough to put on the front news page?

4/13/11
xx2 got 102 kills (match ID)
balln achieved #1 ! (matchID)
frozeninferno lost #1 !(matchID)
balln lost #1 ! (match ID)
frozeninferno achieved #1 ! (matchID)

nobodyhome
04-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Streaks aren't really indicative of much of anything. Someone being a "streak breaker" generally would just mean that the person is lucky at happening to be on the enemy team when the streaker got back to his correct rating. So I am not in favor of such a feature.

The news feed thing would be cool though.

elxir
04-13-2011, 06:42 PM
I agree. I wrote it at 5am when my "does this idea suck" filter was not filtering. I like the news idea too, though.

Spartan
04-13-2011, 09:39 PM
I like how the ratings graphs have 2 dots to represent the maximum and minimum ranking of each player, but could it also show the actual ranking number (e.g. 2500 max, 1400 min) when you scroll over the dot? (Sorry if this is already there and I just can't find it -_-)

bummeln
04-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Problem is that best teammate/worst enemy needs some nontrivial computation, and doing this kind of search would require computing best teammate/worst enemy for each and every user :-( It seems like feature with too high effort/benefit ratio.

If it does the query when the page is visited that makes sense. It requires a calculation that goes through all teammates though doesn't it? So would it be possible to have an extended stat link that shows the results of that query? that way we can find where others are in relation ourselves. Would love to see that on maps as well, especially since last season my worst & least played map stat was worthless after going 0-2 on ball_toiletpaper before it got renamed.

Other stat thoughts I've had; W-L-ND per plane on the individual page, plane filter on the TBD/Ball: stats page, and a link to expand the line graph with numbers.

VipMattMan
04-14-2011, 02:26 AM
I like how the ratings graphs have 2 dots to represent the maximum and minimum ranking of each player, but could it also show the actual ranking number (e.g. 2500 max, 1400 min) when you scroll over the dot? (Sorry if this is already there and I just can't find it -_-)

This.

Would also be cool to have the top ratings ever attained for each mode up around the other ladder historical markers (most games/best streak). Would encourage people who might otherwise camp an overrated #1 spot to continue playing if they know their rating is going to be noted, or that there's a record to beat. With the way ratings are done this year it may not be quite as significant as it would have been with last year's ladder, but would still be nice.

Tekn0
04-14-2011, 12:12 PM
+1

I agree the Highest rating achieved and lowest rating achieved should be displayed along with "Longest W streak" and "Longest L streak". Preferrably the rank when they were at the highest and lowest rating can also be displayed but I dunno if the rank makes sense in this context.

cipso
04-14-2011, 07:19 PM

Sparklines lib I use doesn't support this, but I've just added min/max rating next to graph.

elxir
04-19-2011, 08:06 PM
is base damage recording properly?

http://www.altitudeladder.com/match.php?id=1342&mode=tbd_5v5

the summary screen showed me doing 139 damage (turrets obviously) but here it only shows 98..shouldn't it be 100?

cipso
04-19-2011, 08:21 PM
is base damage recording properly?

http://www.altitudeladder.com/match.php?id=1342&mode=tbd_5v5

the summary screen showed me doing 139 damage (turrets obviously) but here it only shows 98..shouldn't it be 100?

I think that may be simply rounding error when recording those stats into DB. But still, some matches look strange. Especially this match: http://www.altitudeladder.com/match.php?id=1347&mode=tbd_5v5

If I want to show some score in matchlist, I would like to show something for tbd too. For ball, end-score is clear. For TBD, I'm not sure what to display. I was thinking that maybe remaining base health percentage of winner team, based on Base Damage inflicted by Losers and Winners, but those numbers sometimes look suspicious.

Urpee
04-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Just a word of praise, ladder web page is a pile of awesome right now.

Tekn0
04-20-2011, 12:21 PM
I just looked at the match details page now.. yeah late I know, Very impressive stats. Really great job!! :D

BTW, Is "Ball recoveries" means ball interceptions from the other team?

sunshineduck
04-20-2011, 08:24 PM
i think it means every time a player grabs a ball that wasn't a completed pass. not sure though.

nobodyhome
04-20-2011, 09:21 PM
ball recoveries is pretty much the same as "ball interception" or "anytime you grab a ball that isn't a completed pass". it counts the number of times that you pick up the ball when the past time the ball was held was by a member of the opposing team. the reason for the specific use of the word "recovery" is because "interception" implies that you stole the ball when the enemy was meaning to pass it to their own teammate, but in many cases this is not precisely what happened (such as when the enemy merely meant to clear the ball and you were the one who picked it back up)

Tekn0
04-21-2011, 10:10 AM
So in essence smth like, In the ball pickup event:
if (ball->colour() != player->team()->colour()) player->ball_recoveries++;

That makes sense, thanks nobo. :D

Edit: Does it make sense to have "Win%" in the per-plane stats? Like "Plane, Perk, Win%".

If you played 20 games and won 10, and in those 10 games you played as Randa and Biplane and not in any of the games you lost, then Randa and Biplane stats should say "Win%" as 100%. Meaning all games you played as either Randa or Biplane you've won N% of them.

It might be useful because I play Randa primarily, but I also began playing whale to support my team when others don't switch, so I would like to track how many % of my games I lose when I'm whale... not given this too much thought.

elxir
04-22-2011, 05:34 AM
would it be possible to make the two right-hand columns scrollable, to fit more stats onto the main page (keep the left column with basic player info static)?

for example, i'd really like to be able to see ball possession time (total and per game)

ideally i'd like to see a goals scored vs possession time stat, or some such thing

elxir
04-22-2011, 06:01 AM
also, idea #45:

after each month of ladder (or week, idc), have a snapshot of the first page of both ladders so people can see how the top of the pile changes over time?

so like at the top of each ladder page perhaps add a link to screenshots of May 9, June 9, Jul 9, Aug 9...?

Princess Squirtle
04-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Would it be possible to have columns for the total amount of bomb defuses and bomb carrier kills in the stats: tbd page and/or in the user page?

Ribilla
04-27-2011, 02:10 AM
Would it be possible to have columns for the total amount of bomb defuses and bomb carrier kills in the stats: tbd page and/or in the user page?

I think the per match versions of these stats would be more useful (I want to win more stats)

Urpee
04-27-2011, 07:15 PM
A minor upgrade that would be tremendously useful (to me at least):

The stats display at the bottom of the match page does not currently show the sum per team, so if I want to get a quick comparison which one killed more or had a better ball handling I have to do the math.

I think the header line has space for this and it would make the match stat page perfect imo.

cipso
04-28-2011, 07:32 PM

http://season1.altitudeladder.com/

Urpee
04-28-2011, 09:41 PM
the recent format changes make stats harder to look at because it requires scrolling. So either one can see the name or the goal assists in ball.
Even resizing the browser window no longer fixes the issue.

Now it's a fixed size layout that is smaller than the space needed for the columns.

trendy11one
04-28-2011, 09:49 PM
I would like to have stats for each plane not only how many matches i played, but how many of them i win/lost. This can say, which plane is best for person

cipso
04-29-2011, 06:35 AM
the recent format changes make stats harder to look at because it requires scrolling. So either one can see the name or the goal assists in ball.
Even resizing the browser window no longer fixes the issue.

Now it's a fixed size layout that is smaller than the space needed for the columns.

Should be fixed now. Stats pages now show either averages (default) or totals.

trendy11one
04-29-2011, 10:35 AM
I would like to have stats for each plane not only how many matches i played, but how many of them i win/lost. This can say, which plane is best for person

Ill bumb this to gather little more attention. Last discussion(about randa OP) shows lack of information which plane really win most part of games. I would like to check, how many games Andy or Synnik(for example) win with lazer compare to other planes.

Ribilla
04-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Awesome update guys. This now fully facilitates my stat-whoring.

sunshineduck
04-30-2011, 06:25 PM
btw, the ladder is tracking the hit that blows up the base as two separate hits - one for the actual hit and one for the base being destroyed as far as i can tell. not a huge deal, but just something i thought you might want to be aware of.

Urpee
05-01-2011, 02:20 PM
First off thanks for the toggle, layout is not neat and clean!

I'm pretty sure there is some weirdness with the death count. I had a game where I had a positive kill ratio (which is rare so I noticed) but when I went to the ladder page it showed me has having some 5-6 deaths more.

I wonder if perhaps deaths while in the lobby may be counted. In any case I'll try to investigate.

sunshineduck
05-01-2011, 09:36 PM
i think it's a bug where ladder counts you as dying if you're alive when a goal is scored.

Spartan
05-01-2011, 09:43 PM
i think it's a bug where ladder counts you as dying if you're alive when a goal is scored.

This makes sense since my deaths (from the ones I've looked at) are +6 on the ladder page....

lemon
05-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Just a nitpick, but things go badly when you click matchlist button for a game mode without having any games played.

Database::Error: Database query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND pm.vaporid = p.vaporid ORDER BY pm.match_id' at line 4 Query reads: SELECT pm.match_id, p.vaporid, p.username, pm.team FROM player_matches pm, players p WHERE pm.match_id IN () AND pm.vaporid = p.vaporid ORDER BY pm.match_id

cipso
05-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Just a nitpick, but things go badly when you click matchlist button for a game mode without having any games played.

Thanks, fixed.

cipso
05-12-2011, 06:23 PM

Done and done. (and done once more to make it 100 chars :))

sunshineduck
05-13-2011, 09:29 PM
is there any way to code the defuse/game stats to exclude neutral maps?

cipso
08-06-2011, 03:59 PM
I just want to thank and give credit to Ajuk999 for creating season 3 banner. Thank you!

cipso
08-08-2011, 07:31 AM
http://season2.altitudeladder.com/ is now online

General Gee
09-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Not sure how easy this would be to implement, but how about a plane/red perk next to each person in the rankings to show what plane they use the most (longest play time).

I know you can click on each player to see this info but would be cool to scroll down through the list and go #1 whale = suna, #1 randa = shmo... and would also help in recruiting

Major props for ladder and website and thanks for reading :D

Peace
=Gee=

cipso
10-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Bump. Some new features on the website. Thanks to Aki1024 for implementing them!

nobodyhome
10-10-2011, 06:52 AM
wow. so pro.

Solqom
10-16-2011, 01:03 AM
Any chance you could add a clause to "best map"/"worst map" that disqualifies maps you've played less than 10 times (or 25?).

Sucks having least played map being a map I've played once and won on, making it my best map as I've won 100% of my games on it.

I wonder how many people have sideshow or decimal as their best/worst map.

Aki1024
10-16-2011, 02:37 AM
Any chance you could add a clause to "best map"/"worst map" that disqualifies maps you've played less than 10 times (or 25?).This improves the information for frequent players. What about those who don't have any maps with over 10 plays? In TBD, I'm one of these players.

Solqom
10-16-2011, 10:42 AM
This improves the information for frequent players. What about those who don't have any maps with over 10 plays? In TBD, I'm one of these players.

No problem just have this clause come into effect after a player has played 50 or 100 games.

Aki1024
10-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Ladder updated 10/23/2011

Summary of the per plane stats per team on the match details page
Profile's ranks are now linked to the ranking list page, pushing the viewpoint to that player's rank to quickly see other similarly ranked players.
Viewing another player's matchlist now shows the "You played on this team" icon for the profile set as default.

Ribilla
10-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Ladder updated 10/23/2011

Summary of the per plane stats per team on the match details page
Profile's ranks are now linked to the ranking list page, pushing the viewpoint to that player's rank to quickly see other similarly ranked players.
Viewing another player's matchlist now shows the "You played on this team" icon for the profile set as default.

You have made me one happy panda.

EDIT: One thing I have always thought it would be nice to do is to be able to order the match details page by kills, assists, base damage, etc. Still keep them in separate winners and losers list, but just allow seeing the value of individual members more quickly.

Aki1024
10-24-2011, 12:45 AM
EDIT: One thing I have always thought it would be nice to do is to be able to order the match details page by kills, assists, base damage, etc.I don't foresee this being done anytime soon. In order to make the widths the same across all of them, it is a single table. The sorter needs the data to be in separate tables.

Ribilla
10-24-2011, 12:59 AM
I don't foresee this being done anytime soon. In order to make the widths the same across all of them, it is a single table. The sorter needs the data to be in separate tables.

That's cool, it's not a big thing.

On a different not the ladder website appears to be displaying two identical sets of date for both Change in last 7 days and streak. The data is in white and in an unmarked column to the right of the normal column.

Aki1024
10-24-2011, 01:06 AM
On a different not the ladder website appears to be displaying two identical sets of date for both Change in last 7 days and streak. The data is in white and in an unmarked column to the right of the normal column.Oh bother. I think I saw that too but got distracted. Thank you for the bug report. Its (normally) the hidden column that the jQuery uses to correctly sort the 7d column. [Edit]Fixed

Aki1024
11-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Any chance you could add a clause to "best map"/"worst map" that disqualifies maps you've played less than 10 times (or 25?).I think the better way to go about this is to remove any map that hasn't been played 25 times. I'm unsure how this works for start of season though.

elxir
11-05-2011, 12:31 AM
I don't know, I quite enjoyed having ball_toiletpaper as my best map for season 2. :o

Aki1024
11-06-2011, 05:32 AM
New Feature: Maps Detail and Map List

Map names are now linked to a page for that map's stats
From a person's profile, either click Maplist or a map to see per map stats for that player

The stats page (score.php) now displays more stats for both TBD (http://www.altitudeladder.com/score.php?mode=tbd_5v5) and Ball (http://www.altitudeladder.com/score.php?mode=ball_6v6)
About page has links to previous seasons

some poor soul
11-06-2011, 02:12 PM
New Feature: Maps Detail and Map List

Map names are now linked to a page for that map's stats
From a person's profile, either click Maplist or a map to see per map stats for that player

The stats page (score.php) now displays more stats for both TBD (http://www.altitudeladder.com/score.php?mode=tbd_5v5) and Ball (http://www.altitudeladder.com/score.php?mode=ball_6v6)
About page has links to previous seasons

thanks for this awesome feature!

Demuyt
11-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Your contributions are really awesome. Thank you!

Aki1024
12-20-2011, 02:26 AM
Trend graphs (http://www.altitudeladder.com/time.php) have been added to ladder's website. Find out what the popular days of the week and hours of the day are for ladder. It also list at the bottom of the page how many games were played in both ladders per day for the last 7 days. Enjoy.

This page is linked from the Total Game Time listing on the home page.

MadCat
01-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Trend graphs (http://www.altitudeladder.com/time.php) have been added to ladder's website. Find out what the popular days of the week and hours of the day are for ladder. It also list at the bottom of the page how many games were played in both ladders per day for the last 7 days. Enjoy.

This page is linked from the Total Game Time listing on the home page.

This page has some very interesting data, but I suspect that the times aren't actually CET as stated. They look more like US Eastern time. Can you confirm this?

Aki1024
03-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Update:
Best Ally, Worst Enemy revamp. Its cool knowing who has contributed most to your success, and who has stepped all over you on their rise to the top, but wouldn't it be cooler to know more then just the top person? I think so too.
Check out the (Player List) link in your profile to see more of your best allies and more of your worst enemies.

Fix:
Page numbers at the bottom of grid views now display as they did before the javascript was updated.

[The time.php page] has some very interesting data, but I suspect that the times aren't actually CET as stated. They look more like US Eastern time. Can you confirm this?
All ladder servers save time based on their server clock's local time. This means that the times are much different for EU servers compared to the US servers. I'm not terribly positive what time zone those servers are in.

trendy11one
03-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Update:
Best Ally, Worst Enemy revamp. Its cool knowing who has contributed most to your success, and who has stepped all over you on their rise to the top, but wouldn't it be cooler to know more then just the top person? I think so too.
Check out the (Player List) link in your profile to see more of your best allies and more of your worst enemies.

Fix:
Page numbers at the bottom of grid views now display as they did before the javascript was updated.

All ladder servers save time based on their server clock's local time. This means that the times are much different for EU servers compared to the US servers. I'm not terribly positive what time zone those servers are in.

Maybe put not total rating change, but per 5 or 10 matches? Otherwise its usually just players who played most with.

Other suggestion. Worst teammate. I have couple of candidates in my mind.

wolf'j'max
03-18-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm almost certain that the EU server is in GMT, and the US in Eastern standard time or whatever it's called.
You can ask phong though ;o

Tekn0
03-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Minor typo here:

"A high number means they have gained more points then they have lost while in a game with you."

should be "than".

Aki1024
03-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Maybe put not total rating change, but per 5 or 10 matches? Otherwise its usually just players who played most with.
Avg Score per match added. Remember the columns are sortable by clicking the header.

The problem I see with average score is that pushes the single game players that hadn't played in a long time that scored big. I could also filter out based on playing at least some number of games... Not sure yet if I'll just let both of those numbers speak together for themselves, or filter out the low game numbers.

Other suggestion. Worst teammate. I have couple of candidates in my mind.One word. Drama. Someone will try using this as a valid reason to ban someone. Not going to be implemented.

Minor typo here:Fixed. Thank you.

ryebone
03-18-2012, 07:06 PM
One word. Drama. Someone will try using this as a valid reason to ban someone. Not going to be implemented.

How about making this viewable for admins:D

Jayfourke
03-18-2012, 09:44 PM
How about making this viewable for admins:D

Yes, because ladder admins are fair and unbiased about their duties...

Oh, wait.

Katsumi
03-19-2012, 07:07 AM
Would it be possible to fix the ranks?

Aki1024
03-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Would it be possible to fix the ranks?My write access to the database was removed. I posted a fix for this issue (http://altitudegame.com/forums/showpost.php?p=158689&postcount=5) and have asked for it to be fixed. My request have gone unanswered and ignored.

phong
03-20-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm almost certain that the EU server is in GMT, and the US in Eastern standard time or whatever it's called.
You can ask phong though ;o

US server is CST (-6:00) w/ DST. Europe server is UTC/GMT.

nobodyhome
03-23-2012, 03:57 AM
K i ran your fix for the rankings aki, seems like it fixed everything. sorry for not noticing it earlier.

also i thought you have the same access i have?

Aki1024
03-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Tried for six hours nobo. Guess I'm just stupid.

nobodyhome
03-23-2012, 07:27 AM
i'm doing it by ssh'ing into the server and running mysql from the command line. how are you doing it?

Tekn0
03-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Are you sure the ranks are fixed? I still see some errors in pages after the first page.

Ribilla
03-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Just having a quick look rank 25 is missing, there are two joint rank 27's (fair enough), but then also a rank 28 which shouldn't be there if those two are both 27.

Also just noticed that the rank 27s don't have the same score.

Aki1024
03-25-2012, 05:22 PM
It appears that most everyone who played in this match (http://www.altitudeladder.com/match.php?id=7121&mode=ball_6v6) has a bad rank to rating. I believe this is because ladder was active when the fix was ran, but that is an educated guess.

This fix may need ran while the ladders are down to work proper.

Tekn0
03-25-2012, 05:32 PM
It appears that most everyone who played in this match (http://www.altitudeladder.com/match.php?id=7121&mode=ball_6v6) has a bad rank to rating. I believe this is because ladder was active when the fix was ran, but that is an educated guess.

This fix may need ran while the ladders are down to work proper.

Hm, not sure. (|Dragon|) (just as an example) wasn't in that match but if you look at the rankings page 2 his rank isn't properly fixed either. So probably there are more such matches?