PDA

View Full Version : Altitude Summer League 09

Pages : [1] 2

nesnl
07-03-2009, 10:35 PM
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/9032/summerleague.png

Welcome to the First Annual Altitude Summer League!

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://evilarsenal.webs.com/

Format: 5v5 TBD

SERVERS: SUMMER LEAGUE #1 AND SUMMER LEAGUE #2
PASSWORD: sleague

Tentative Scheduled Start: July 19th

WIKI LINK: http://wiki.altitudegame.com/wiki/index.php?title=Summer_League_2009

***I will be updating this post regularly as well as making a Wiki page for this tournament as well***

Since there seems to be a lot of interest in having another tournament I figured I would go ahead and get the ball rolling on something for this summer. I am currently getting in contact with Tec27 about getting the TL server set up back to where it is password protected for league matches. Ideally we will have two match servers so that if there are a lot of teams that sign up that we can have two games going on at once.

The format and rules are going to be the same as they were for the first tournament. I pretty much copied and pasted them from the original tournament thread and modified them to fit this new tournament. Ideally I see the league starting in 2 weeks (so Sunday July 19th) and the games happening on Sunday. Sunday always seems like a good day to have games because most people can make the games.

I know there are a lot of teams already out there that will be ready to go for the tournament but I also know that there are people that would be interested in playing but do not have a team. In the post after this one I will keep a rolling tally of all the teams that are currently signed up for the tournament as well as a list of players that are looking for a team. So if you want to be on a team just post in this thread and I will add your name to that post and hopefully people can contact you about being on a team. That means you should include an email address or some way to contact you. There is also a private message system on the forums which you are welcome to use to organize teams.

Here is the info you need to sign your team up for the tournament:

Only the captain can official submit a team roster! Teams should be no more than 10 and no few than 5 players. The format is 5v5 so if you only have 5 and someone doesn't show up then you will be playing a man short. So I suggest having a few more players than 5 on your roster. Only a team with at least 5 players should be sending in a final roster. If you have less than 5 I suggest starting a thread saying that you are looking for players as that worked the best in the past and then once you have 5 or more players then post your final roster here. If you are a single player looking for a team feel free to post here, but if you are a team with a few short just start your own thread!

Sign ups will continue until July 16th. To clarify, July 16th, 12:00am EST is the end of sign ups.

Team Name:
Tag:
Captain (Altitude Name):
Team Members:
Preferred Time Zone:

I need your team name and tag simply for identification. I'd appreciate it if everyone could wear a tag during all league games. It'd make sorting through everything much simpler. I am not including information on IP addresses or account IDs. I will not be checking the server logs for the validity of team players. It is up to each team to be on the honor system and only field the actual players on their teams. It is a small community and I feel like any kind of smurfing will generally not happen.

nesnl
07-03-2009, 10:36 PM
http://wiki.altitudegame.com/wiki/index.php?title=Summer_League_2009

TOURNAMENT RULES

The league's first season will run from: July 19 to August 16. The first 3 sundays will be for regular season games and the final two sundays will be for the playoffs.

A team will have 2 matches scheduled per week. The default play date is Sunday. It is up to the captains to agree to a separate date if it is required. If a date cannot be agreed on, then the match must be played on Sunday. Time depends on preferred time-zones of teams. I will do my best to schedule games so that they are at the same time of the day. I think part of the problem with the previous tournament is some teams would have a game early in the afternoon and then late at night. Plan on having 2 games on the Sunday and each one will be slotted for a one hour time block.

The complete map pool is: Mayhem, Core, Woods, Lost City, Middleground, Cave, Asteroids

Throughout the season, the following format will be used with a map veto system:

- Regular Season: BO1 on each map, best of 3 maps
- Playoffs: BO1 on each map, best of 5 maps
- Championship Match: BO1 on each map, best of 7 maps

At any point (including immediately) before each match, map vetos will be announced. Team 1 vetoes a single map first, then team 2 vetoes two maps, and finally team 1 will veto the last map. Team 2 will choose the first map to be played on and the loser chooses each map thereafter. Try to figure out which maps you want to play beforehand! Nothing worse than sitting in game waiting for a team to decide for 15 minutes.

Schedules will be updated and posted in this thread. Check this thread for your scheduled match times!

During the regular season, each team will have an equal number of games as team 1 and 2 (similar to home and away). During the playoffs, seeding will determine who vetoes and chooses maps first: Lower seeds veto first, top seeds choose the first map.

The playoffs will include the top 4 teams by overall winning percentage (this could change depending on how many teams get involved). If a tie occurs with the winning percentage, the tie breaker goes to the winner of the team's regular season match.

The winning captain has to report the results to me. Screenshots of the post-game screen must be captured after every game and should be submitted to ME (Maimer) via email immediately following the game along with a scoring summary in text. For example:

EMAIL ADDRESS TO MAIL RESULTS/SCREENSHOTS: NESNL23@gmail.com

Team Extreme beat The Snobsickles 2-1
Team Extreme won Cave, The Snobsickles won Lost City and Team Extreme won Asteroids.

Attach the game screenshots to the email!

A game which lacks screenshots from either side will result in a loss and 1 game suspension for both teams. Realistically, a suspension will not be handed out unless there is a dispute. Making sure you take screenshots is a simple way to be safe and ensure there is no drama.

In the event of a tie (mutual destruction), the map must be replayed immediately.

A team must have at least 5 total pilots including a designated captain. A team is limited to 10 total pilots.

If you have less than 5 players who show up for a match then it is up to the other team whether they want to play the same amount of players or if they choose to play a man (or two) up. It is up to your team to coordinate your team's players. If you show up with fewer than 5 players for a match do not expect to reschedule the match. Plan ahead and plan for a few people being no shows.

IN GAME RULES:

- Substitutions can only take place in between games and not during a game. This means that each player should test their connection with the server extensively before the game goes live. If a player is having problems, he should not play. If a player disconnected or their game crashes that same player may reenter the game once they reconnect. However, no other player is allowed to enter the game that is in progress. If this is violated and the opposing team wants to object then take a screenshot and send it to me with an explanation of what happened. If someone is observing and accidentally spawns but quickly leaves without impacting the game then I suggest teams don't worry about it. But if someone is being abusive then definitely let me know.

- Everyone should be spawning at the same time. That means ideally you should have a 3rd party observer that does a count down for the spawn. Any observers should refrain from using general chat or interring with the game at any point.

nesnl
07-03-2009, 10:36 PM

PUBLIC RECORD: http://wiki.altitudegame.com/wiki/index.php?title=Summer_League_2009

REGISTERED TEAMS:

Team Name: Faggy Little Bears
Tag: [fLb]
Captain (Altitude Name): Kuja900
Team Members: Gameguard, EvilArsenal, Apathy, Ingbo, Eth, BG1, Stack, ryebone, esoteric
Preferred Time Zone: EST

Team Name: ****ing Ninjas
Tag: [FN]
Captain: MONXY FIST
Team Members: master coop, Hurripilot, MacBandit, Uberknarf, San, Red Baron, Mr.Z, Ballin' Shades, WCapnWolfeG
Preferred Time Zone: Central

Team Name: Demolition Experts
Tag: [DE]
Captain: EVH
Team Members: Castiel Rage, FietZzzz, MechMykl, Republican, videogamefrk, JesusLives, t-rave, kool kid, Goner

Team Name: V3
Tag: [ZS]
Team Captain: Devils
Teammembers: Scheherezade, A.R.A.B., BootStraps, AtomikPi, EliteAgent, pH1, WasteLand
Preferred Time Zone: PST

Team Name: Jesus Christ / Jester's Court
Tag: [J.C.]
Team Captain: Ian
Team Members: Eduardillo, wolf'j'max, Rhizome, DarnthatBob, Wim, Clunge, D-ron, DMCM, Tupapito

Team Name: Faggy Little Bears Shield Squadron
Tag: [fLbSS]
Team Captain: Texas
Team Members: U.F.O., matattack, ViPR, Sticks, Ex, mikesol, NastyManatee, wuwu, lambchops

Team Name: Four Twenty
Tag: [420]
Team Captain: bucketh3ad
Team Members: Conman, chalk141, stevo, shaadoww, TwilightNiN, The Awesome, JK, malone, Blackfire

Team Name: Air Force ACE
Tag: ACE.
Team Captain: tyr
Team Members: armed_, jeppew, GGQ, Curious, ZidaneTribal, Bob, Maimer, Stormich, Cloud
Preferred Time Zone: EST/CET (would be perfect if our matches weren't after 7-8pm EST)

Team Name: Iron Team
Tag: [IT]
Team Captain: DaK
Team Members: Flight 666, Scotty, mdfk, DaK, lacho, U.N Squadron, alpha, bbbb462, Rechtschaffen
Preferred Time Zone: GMT

Team Name: Mile High
Tag: -MH-
Team Captain: Beagle
Team Members: Blimey, CaptainVogez, derkensnob, eLijAh, Rosarch, AIDs
Preferred Time Zone: GMT +10

Team Name: LobStars
Tag: [L*]
Team Captain: gumby, moxie
Team Members: protest boy, Diogenes' Dog, smushface, Charlie, Vi, duck, nobodyhome, bgaf

Team Name: Best Clan '09
Tag: {bc09}
Team Captain: slip
Team Members: xone, Lryder2k6, Prof. Charizard, wink
Preferred Time Zone: Eastern (whatever, were all insomniacs)

Team Name: Pilot Xtremist
Tag: PX|
Team Captain: Shorty
Team Members: Bones, Jacko, Gordo, Legin, Savioz, Vania, Fieldsy69, Golden Bough
Preferred Time Zone: Australian or East Coast USA morning

Team Name: Mo Money Mo Problemz
Tag: [$]
Team Captain: TomBRowkaH
Members: priaprism, cfisco, hungrydave, hungrydoug, Lomil, CCN, porpus, pig_bomb, Gunner.05
Preferred time: Not past midnight EST

nesnl
07-03-2009, 10:37 PM

Games Schedule:

ALL TIMES ARE IN EST (Eastern Standard Time Zone)

SUNDAY 7/19

Server - Summer League #1
********HOME***AWAY**********
1:00 PM [DE] -vs.- [IT]
2:00 PM [IT] -vs.- [L*]
3:00 PM [L*] -vs.- ACE
4:00 PM ACE -vs.- [fLbSS]
5:00 PM [fLbSS] -vs.- PX|
6:00 PM PX| -vs.- [J.C.]
7:00 PM [J.C.] -vs.- -MH-

Server - Summer League #2
1:00 PM -MH- -vs.- {bc09}
2:00 PM {bc09} -vs.- [420]
3:00 PM [420] -vs.- [FN]
4:00 PM [FN] -vs.- [$]
5:00 PM [$] -vs.- [fLb]
6:00 PM [fLb] -vs.- [ZS]
7:00 PM [ZS] -vs.- [DE]

SUNDAY 7/26

1:00 PM [FN] -vs.- {bc09}
2:00 PM {bc09} -vs.- [fLb]
3:00 PM [fLb] -vs.- [420]
4:00 PM [420] -vs.- [$]
5:00 PM -- -vs.- --
6:00 PM [$] -vs.- [L*]
7:00 PM [L*] -vs.- [ZS]

1:00 PM [ZS] -vs.- [fLbSS]
2:00 PM [fLbSS] -vs.- [IT]
3:00 PM [IT] -vs.- [J.C.]
4:00 PM [J.C.] -vs.- ACE
5:00 PM ACE -vs.- PX|
6:00 PM PX| -vs.- [FN]
7:00 PM -- -vs.- --

SUNDAY 8/2

1:00 PM -- -vs.- --
2:00 PM [fLb] -vs.- ACE
3:00 PM ACE -vs.- [IT]
4:00 PM [IT] -vs.- PX|
5:00 PM PX| -vs.- [ZS]
6:00 PM [ZS] -vs.- [J.C.]
7:00 PM [J.C.] -vs.- [$]

1:00 PM [$] -vs.- [fLbSS]
2:00 PM [fLbSS] -vs.- [420]
3:00 PM [420] -vs.- [L*]
4:00 PM [L*] -vs.- {bc09}
5:00 PM {bc09} -vs.- [FN]
6:00 PM [FN] -vs.- [fLb]

SUNDAY 8/9

1:00 PM -- -vs.- --
2:00 PM [L*] -vs.- [fLbSS]
3:00 PM [fLbSS] -vs.- [fLb]
4:00 PM [fLb] -vs.- [J.C.]
5:00 PM [J.C.] -vs.- [FN]
6:00 PM [FN] -vs.- PX|
7:00 PM PX| -vs.- {bc09}

1:00 PM {bc09} -vs.- ACE
2:00 PM ACE -vs.- [420]
3:00 PM [420] -vs.- [IT]
4:00 PM [IT] -vs.- [$]
5:00 PM [$] -vs.- [ZS]
6:00 PM [ZS] -vs.- [L*]

Kuja900
07-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Im heading out the door now, but I will definitely register when I get back. Great work ^_^.

tyr
07-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Yay awesome !
So, ACE is recruiting to complete its roster. Good players with a lot of experience playing with each other already in it, please post in ACE's thread if you're interrested (and if you're good).

gameguard
07-03-2009, 11:44 PM
snobsickle is the favorite

ryebone
07-03-2009, 11:58 PM
i would like to join snobsickle

Kuja900
07-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Team Name: Faggy Little Bears
Tag: fLb
Captain (Altitude Name): Kuja900
Team Members:
Kuja900
Gameguard
EvilArsenal
Apathy
Ryebone
Ingbo
Eth
Stack
BG1

About Us:
http://www.abearslifemag.com/about_us.html

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/kuja900/editedbear-1.jpg

Carbon
07-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Ballin' Shades here, I wanna play in this tourney so im looking for a team. Holla in game or PM me here and we'll chat

[FN]MONXY FIST
07-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Team Name: ****ing Ninjas
Tag:FN
Captain:[FN]MONXY FIST
Team Members:
[FN]MONXY FIST
[FN]master coop
[FN]Hurripilot
[FN]MacBandit
[FN]Uberknarf
[FN]San
[FN]Red Baron
[FN]Mr.Z
[FN]Ballin Shades
wCap'nWolfeG[FN]
Preferred Time Zone:US, Central

gameguard
07-04-2009, 01:00 AM
i think the map pool needs to be expanded.

I suggest "_of turrets and bases"

why not grotto?

Musicfreak777
07-04-2009, 01:19 AM
i no i sounds incredibly dumb but....yea....... how do u?:D bcuz i dont wanna get a suspension(and loss) bcuz i dont no wat im doing.

nesnl
07-04-2009, 01:55 AM
i no i sounds incredibly dumb but....yea....... how do u?:D bcuz i dont wanna get a suspension(and loss) bcuz i dont no wat im doing.

Check in your game options to see which of your keys is bound to take a screenshot. Also, there is usually a basic command that can take a screenshot from your OS. With windows I think it's just Print Screen and with Mac OS it's Open-Apple + Shift + 3.

Do you have a team for the tournament? Do you want me to put you on the list of people looking for a team?

EVH
07-04-2009, 02:18 AM
Team: Demolition Experts
Tag: [DE]
Captain: [DE]EVH
Team Members:
[DE]EVH
[DE]Castiel Rage
[DE]FietZzzz
[DE]MechMykl
[DE]Republican
[DE]videogamefrk
[DE]JesusLives
[DE]t-rave
[DE]kool kid
[DE]Goner

duck
07-04-2009, 02:35 AM
sooo... is [V] still around? I haven't seen nfomonkey in a while.

nesnl
07-04-2009, 05:36 AM
sooo... is [V] still around? I haven't seen nfomonkey in a while.

As far as I can tell team [V] and team [TS] are both mostly disbanded. Ideally I think it would be nice to mix things up with these teams because I feel like in the last tournament it had an us versus them feel to it in terms of players who had been around a while compared to those that were newer.

Feel free to start a new team and recruit some people!

DevilsAdvocat
07-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Team Name: V3
Tag: ZS

Team Captain: Devils
Teammembers:
Scheherezade
A.R.A.B.
BootStraps
AtomikPi
EliteAgent
pH1
WasteLand

time zone: pacific standard time

DevilsAdvocat
07-04-2009, 07:42 AM
MONXY FIST;6149']Team Name: ****ing Ninjas
Tag:FN

im confused, shouldnt " ****ing " Ninjas abreviate as " *N "?

edit: oops, forgot the [/QUOTE] originally

evilarsenal
07-04-2009, 01:25 PM
why only 5v5 :[ make a 3v3 plz :{

tyr
07-04-2009, 01:30 PM
why only 5v5 :[ make a 3v3 plz :{

You can organize it.

Shyney
07-05-2009, 05:27 AM
anyone need a ringer??
if i ever get my connection working again..

Beagle
07-05-2009, 03:35 PM
I'll submit on behalf of my team in the next couple of days after we finalize a roster.

Ajplagge
07-05-2009, 03:53 PM
I will donate my awesomeness to a team in need.
-bob

eth
07-05-2009, 04:17 PM
This is really badass, thank you for the initiative and work! :)

nobodyhome
07-05-2009, 04:43 PM
although it's true that the teams v and ts seemed to have that "vets vs non vets" mentality to it, i'm sure there are plenty of other teams now that are skilled enough to compete with the old timers. also i felt like team v had pretty good chemistry, so why don't we try to gather whoever was in team v that is still active before trying to fill up the rest of our roster? from what i can tell, it seems like nfomonkey is the only guy i haven't seen playing recently.

tyr
07-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Are bob and Shyney interrested in ACE ?
Our team is nearly back at full force, and already has a lot of experience in competitive 5v5. I know you're both good players so if you want, I think you can both join.
(You can see our curent roster in the ACE thread.)

Musicfreak777
07-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Team Name: Jesus Christ/ Jester's Court
Tag: J.C.
Captain (Altitude Name): Ian
Team Members:
J.C. Ian
J.C. T Hawk
J.C. Auggie
J.C. DMCM
J.C. Dragon
J.C. Divra
J.C. Pogo
J.C. Number 3
J.C. Bernard
J.C. Illinois
This may change:D

EVH
07-05-2009, 08:21 PM
sorry, i didn't put [DE] time zone, i would the [DE] team's time zone to be eastern

EVH
07-05-2009, 08:22 PM
will everybody be informed when games are

as red as black
07-05-2009, 08:58 PM
will everybody be informed when games are

no, they will be completely random. If you don't show up, you forfeit. DON"T SCREW IT UP.

Kuja900
07-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Lol a little much A.R.A.B, but it was a silly question.

nesnl
07-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Just as an update: I will post the schedules shortly after the signups close which will be on the 16th. The games are tentatively planned to start on the 19th. So check here or check on the WIKI page for the schedules.

http://wiki.altitudegame.com/wiki/index.php?title=Summer_League_2009

Please do not edit that specific Wiki page unless you fit the following set of rules:
*Your name is Maimer.

Also, I have received questions regarding teams TS and V. As far as I know those teams have mostly disbanded. I can't speak for V, but TS really isn't around anymore. As far as I can tell the only people still around are me (Maimer), Diogenes' Dog, Pillars, Charlie, Lorpus, Protest boy, and Yankeeboy (still a demo account user). And I think Dio is starting his own team. I think I am in agreement with Dio in that the teams should be mixed up with some old and some new players (however, that is not a rule or anything).

Bottom line is some more people need to step up and start making some teams! The more the better. I also would appreciate it if people would announce in game that the tournament signups are happening. I try to do it in the games I am in because a lot of people have never visited this forum.

Oh, and for anyone who is still wondering. Kuja900 is a man!

Kuja900
07-05-2009, 10:44 PM
1. Im a girl
2. Im a girl with such big balls that im having both fLb and fLbSS submit teams, 2 is for the pros but how about more people step it up and start with 1 ;).

EDIT: From personal experience in the last league I strongly advice all teams to have at least 8 members. People not showing was a huge problem last league and its because they didnt have any subs to fill in for when others cant be there.

Musicfreak777
07-06-2009, 12:08 AM
THis is Ian
im switching:
J.C. T Hawk
WIth:
J.C. Hammer81
plz make the change. THX!:D

EVH
07-06-2009, 01:09 AM
hey if anybody doesn't have a team for this tournament, give me an email at raysfanatic@gmail.com if you want to join the team [DE]. Thanks

argonide
07-06-2009, 02:16 AM
PRO will win.

EVH
07-06-2009, 02:19 AM
hey, it is [DE]EVH, i just made my final additions to my team [DE], i have added [DE]t-rave and [DE]kool kid and [DE]Goner, these will be the last of my additions to team [DE] to my tournament team, just make sure you make the additions for the tournament, thank you

Diamondeye
07-06-2009, 11:03 AM
This sounds like fun, unfortunately I won't have the time to compete this time around - too much going on in the Summer Holidays. But if there are more seasons after the first one, I would be interested in finding a team - although I have to bring attention to the fact that I consider myself a casual player and assuch has not yet reached level 60 - I do own the full game though. I am also experiencing virus trouble on the PC I usually play this game on, but I count on aquiring a new laptop that should easily be able to handle the game, soon.

Please, if any team captains are interested in a 2nd season-addition to their team, send me a personal message. Feel free to ask about anything, such as which planes I consider myself best with, stats, favourite maps, etc...

Cheers,
DE.

Musicfreak777
07-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Its Ian (Again:D)
Im switching:
J.C. Pogo
4:
J.C. Bong
Ty. Tht should b the last switch.......i think.........

[FN]MONXY FIST
07-07-2009, 12:32 AM
iv added Ballin Shades and NastyManatee to the team.

Kuja900
07-07-2009, 01:05 AM
NastyManatee is the laggiest player ive ever played with and thats coming from me lol

Kuja900
07-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Add Stack and Ryebone to the fLb.

Kuja900
07-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Texas when you get around to submitting that roster please don't be a mook and only write the 5 players names down, follow the format you drunk lummox.

Texas
07-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Team Name: Faggy Little Bears Shield Squadron
Tag: [fLbSS]
Team Captain: Texas
Team Members: Texas, U.F.O., matattack, ViPR, Sticks

http://militaryspecialtiesinc.com/images/USPostWarSqPatches/fightersq201.JPG

NastyManatee
07-07-2009, 02:35 PM
The ridiculous ping is an unfortunate result of studying abroad in Germany right now. I'm going to be heading back home to the states on July 24th, so very shortly into the tournament, and I have a 40 or less ping there so it should all be good.

Until then, sorry everyone for the unbearable ping. It's killing me more than it's killing you, on a lot of levels.

Flight 666
07-07-2009, 03:50 PM
The Server will be a not max ping server? :confused:

>UP THE IRONS

Kuja900
07-07-2009, 04:31 PM
the server will be a not max ping server? :confused:

>up the irons

Up the Irons from the States!

Kuja900
07-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Guess il make seperate post to remind u to add Ryebone, I accidentally did a double post lol.

bucketh3ad
07-08-2009, 03:10 AM
Team Name: four twenty
Tag: [420]
Captain (Altitude Name): bucketh3ad
Team Members: Conman, chalk141, stevo, shaadoww, TwilightNiN, The Awesome, JK, malone, Blackfire
Preferred Time Zone: Central Time

CHRONIC!!! SMOKE FAT BOWLS!!!! ^_^

Kuja900
07-08-2009, 03:17 AM
Remove CDRdude from the fLb roster.

[FN]MONXY FIST
07-08-2009, 03:20 AM
Jk apart of 420, lolololololololololololololol.

tyr
07-08-2009, 03:21 AM
The one you've all been waiting for.

Tag: ACE
Captain (Altitude Name): tyr
Team Members: armed_, jeppew, GGQ, Curious, ZidaneTribal, Bob, Maimer, Stormich, Cloud
Preferred Time Zone: EST/CET (would be perfect if our matches weren't after 7-8pm EST)

DubyaCapumWolfeGee
07-08-2009, 05:04 AM
^^ is gonna kick ass.

Texas
07-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Please add eX, General and CDRdude to fLbSS

http://militaryspecialtiesinc.com/images/USPostWarSqPatches/fightersq201.JPG

DevilsAdvocat
07-08-2009, 05:13 PM
The one you've all been waiting for.

Tag: ACE
Captain (Altitude Name): tyr

ooooh man, this is turning into a repeat of the last tourney. We've got sum sick teams showing up. ACE and flb are scarey 0.0 This'll b a fun tourney... assuming my team is back in time ><

Prune
07-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi,

I would like to join a team as i don't have one this time, thanks

psych
07-09-2009, 08:12 PM
need a team

nesnl
07-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Just an update, there is only 1 week left to register. The registration ends on July 16th at 12AM! So get your teams in as soon as possible. If the other teams on the forums actually register it looks like we will have 12 solid teams so it's shaping up to be a good field. Here are the people that have responded to this thread that are interested in joining a team if you are still looking for people:

Shyney
Prune
psych

I have this list updated on the third post in this thread as well. Lobstars, Dio's Team?, PRO, Other people from TS and V, get your act together and register!

tyr
07-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey Maimer, Bob is in our team.
You dont even know your team mates ! :O

evilarsenal
07-09-2009, 08:37 PM
on my website its updated :p

NastyManatee
07-09-2009, 09:19 PM
I've switched from FN to fLbSS, mark it up.

evilarsenal
07-09-2009, 09:21 PM
its on my website

[FN]MONXY FIST
07-10-2009, 02:58 AM
iva added WCapnWolfeG.

DubyaCapumWolfeGee
07-10-2009, 03:14 AM
Thats me oh yes it is

hurripilot
07-10-2009, 04:58 AM
Jesus, these teams are nuts! I need to practice wayyyyyyyyy more :o

evilarsenal
07-10-2009, 05:22 AM
http://evilarsenal.webs.com/teams.htm

im updating all of your teams as you say here so this forum isn't the only place

DaK
07-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Team Name: Iron Team
Tag: [IT]
Captain (Altitude Name): DaK
Team Members: Flight 666, Scotty, mdfk, DaK, lacho
Preferred Time Zone: GMT

nesnl
07-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Only 5 days left to register your team! A lot of you old timers are slacking! Get it together and register already!!!

Flight 666
07-11-2009, 09:43 PM
team name: Iron team
tag: [it]
captain (altitude name): Dak
team members: Flight 666, scotty, mdfk, dak, lacho
preferred time zone: Gmt

up the irons

Beagle
07-12-2009, 04:45 AM
Captain (Altitude Name): Beagle
Team Members: Blimey, CaptainVogez, derkensnob, Elijah, Rosarch, AIDs, Demonz, X_DenieD
Time Zone: GMT +10

Kuja900
07-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Capping off the fLb lineup, add esoteric to our roster.

Beagle
07-12-2009, 08:11 AM
capping off the flb lineup, add esoteric to our roster.

goddamnit what

DiogenesDog
07-12-2009, 08:45 AM
flb has turned into a mean frickin team

ham
07-12-2009, 09:02 AM
flb has turned into a mean frickin team

i know dude, first my ryebone and now this

nesnl
07-12-2009, 09:12 AM
i know dude, first my ryebone and now this

ryebone may play with an fLb tag but he is always a snob at heart.

ham
07-12-2009, 09:12 AM

praise be to Bob

ham
07-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Team Name: LobStars
Tag:[L*]
Captain (Altitude Name): gumby, moxie
Team Members: gumby, moxie, protest boy, diogenesdog, smushface, charlie, vi, duck, nobodyhome, bgaf
Preferred Time Zone: central

tyr
07-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Seriously, who cares about flb ?
They're gonna get raped hard.

nesnl
07-13-2009, 02:18 AM
Okay so here is an update:

The server have been set up and are courtesy of Tec27 and TeamLiquid. So make sure to thank him if you see him. They have the names Summer League #1 and Summer League #2. You will be assigned one of these two servers for your games. TEAM CAPTAINS: CHECK AHEAD OF TIME SO THAT YOU KNOW WHICH ONE YOU ARE PLAYING ON.

The password for the servers is: sleague

You are welcome to use it for practice or scrim matches during the week but during game time the priority goes to the players of the match. That means that the teams that have that scheduled time will boot you if they need the space. Please don't make this an issue when the time comes.

AGAIN THE PASSWORD IS: sleague

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TELL YOUR TEAM MEMBERS THIS PASSWORD AND TO KNOW IT YOURSELF. I AM UPDATING THE FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD SO CONTAIN THE SERVER PASSWORD.

Beagle
07-13-2009, 02:57 AM

THEY GOT RYEBONE TOO?

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1723/1244904601708.jpg (http://img198.imageshack.us/i/1244904601708.jpg/)

ryebone
07-13-2009, 06:08 AM
it's just a temporary stay, everyone knows my heart actually belongs with ACE.

gameguard
07-13-2009, 07:12 AM
could he by a spy?

stay tuned

nesnl
07-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Another Update:

If you didn't read my last update, make sure to check the last post on the previous page.

LOOKING FOR ONE MORE TEAM. I think we can cap this out if we get an even 12. It will be a moderately sized field and will allow for an even number of games played among teams. If you have a team please sign up and then I can create the schedules.

DiogenesDog
07-13-2009, 08:30 AM
is tec27 (or you?) going to be broadcasting games again? that was pretty fun to watch.

Niko0olas
07-13-2009, 12:15 PM
i would like to update my teams list, -MH-
captain is gonna put them:

tyr
07-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Only the captain can official submit a team roster! Teams should be no more than 10 and no few than 5 players.

I see a problem with your roster there. :o

-MH-CaptainVogez
07-13-2009, 01:36 PM
I see a problem with your roster there. :o

Sorry mate!
didn't even see that - I'll go back and get rid of that post - i thought i had read everything :confused:

I'll talk to beagle right away and get him to submit it properly
thanks for the correction (just signed up as it is)

Peace
CaptainVogez

tyr
07-13-2009, 02:06 PM
is tec27 (or you?) going to be broadcasting games again? that was pretty fun to watch.

I'm discussing with tec27 and Pholon (he's streaming a lot of Starcraft through livestream.com to hundreds of viewers, and plays Altitude, so why not. :D) for some live streamed games.
Would certainly be awesome.

nesnl
07-13-2009, 06:36 PM

I don't have the capability to broadcast games but I know other people have shown interest in doing so. Those people are more than welcome to do so and will be given preferential spots on the league servers. I think Kuja had originally wanted to do it but now he might be having second thoughts because it's hard to convince people you are a girl with that tenor voice.

Musicfreak777
07-13-2009, 10:43 PM
im changing dragon and auggie for Technician and D-ron. TY :D

Texas
07-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Hello
Please add andy to fLbSS

faggy love :eek:,
Texas

Beagle
07-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Sorry mate!
didn't even see that - I'll go back and get rid of that post - i thought i had read everything :confused:

I'll talk to beagle right away and get him to submit it properly
thanks for the correction (just signed up as it is)

Peace
CaptainVogez

I already submitted it in the last page you SILLY GOOSE

evilarsenal
07-14-2009, 07:37 PM
website is all updated

nesnl
07-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Only a couple days left to register and we are still looking for one more team. Please get the word out if you are on the servers to let people know. I know a few people are still looking for a team so there is still time to get one together.

slip
07-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Sorry for the delay, summer classes :/

Captain: slip
Team Members:
xone
Lryder2k6
Prof. Charizard
wink

We dont have alts but we all basically live together. I bite my thumb at you other teams.

DaK
07-15-2009, 12:08 PM
hi can you add U.N Squadron to the [IT] roster pls

Flight 666
07-15-2009, 02:30 PM
hi can you add U.N Squadron to the [IT] roster pls

U.N Squadron :cool:

UP THE IRONS

PX|Shorty
07-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Please submit our team

Team Name: Pilot Xtremist
Tag: PX|
Captain: Shorty
Team Members:
Bones
Jacko
Gordo
Legin
Savioz
Vania
Fieldsy69

Preferred Time Zone: Australian or East Coast USA morning

Email me if need anything else... or find me playing

Cheers
Shorty

evilarsenal
07-15-2009, 04:11 PM
oh **** 13 teams now :O

ill update my website now

edit: evilarsenal.webs.com has been updated

hurripilot
07-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Hey guys, monxy and master coop are on vacation until after the first round of the league, so I've been given temporary command of [FN]. If we need to do anything before game time, PM me plz, kthxbai :D

ham
07-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Sorry for the delay, summer classes :/

Captain: slip
Team Members:
xone
Lryder2k6
Prof. Charizard
wink

We dont have alts but we all basically live together. I bite my thumb at you other teams.

haha, what a good clan name.

nesnl
07-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Okay, I really want to get an even number of teams in this tournament so if we can just get one more team we will cap it at that. So if you know any other teams let them know or if you are going to be playing today, please just announce it in the servers.

Smushface
07-15-2009, 07:52 PM
What happened to snobs?

DaK
07-15-2009, 10:15 PM
can you add alpha to the [IT] team too
sorry its last addition

nesnl
07-16-2009, 02:47 AM
Last Update before the close of registration:

I would really like to get an even number of teams. It will make scheduling a lot easier. If anyone wants to join, do so now. Even if you only have 3-4 people, just sign up and I am sure we can find some people to join your team. I know there are a lot of good people who don't have a team so maybe they would be willing to join. People such as Pillars, lambchops, pbs, redshift, king, blank, skywalker, capedavenger, yankeeboy, lorpus, lamsbro... all don't have a team. Not saying they all have interest, but maybe could be persuaded if a team were started.

Second thing is please check your team rosters. If anyone is missing or if anyone is included that shouldn't be, please let me know. You can check it on the first page of this thread.

The tournament will be starting this Sunday! So be ready to play with your teams and the schedules will be posted in the next day or so.

gameguard
07-16-2009, 02:49 AM
what happend to [pro] ?

Kuja900
07-16-2009, 04:26 AM
Last minute addition add Lambchops to the fLbSS roster.

nesnl
07-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Okay, the registration has closed!

A total of 14 teams registered for the tournament.

I know in the rules it says that the team rosters must have been submitted by this time, but I realize some teams do not have a full team and might have a hard time fielding a full 5 members every week. Therefore, if you have less than 10 players on your team you are welcome to add players up to a total of 10 for the entirety of the season. If you are unsure on some of your players and only have 5 or 6 on your team I would recommend finding a few people to add to the roster.

I will post the schedules in the next day or so on the first page of this post as well as the wiki page which is linked on the first post of this page. It will also be updated on evilarsenal's website. So you have no excuse about not knowing your game time as there will be three different places that you can check the schedule!

I plan on scheduling 4 weeks of regular season play. That means at 2 games per week you will only play a total of 8 of the total number of teams. The scheduling is going to be done randomly because of this. That means that I am going to assign each team a number and then have a computer program assign the matches. Please do not complain about having to play certain teams and not being able to play other teams.

AGAIN, CHECK THIS THREAD OVER THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS IN ORDER TO GET THE SCHEDULE. GAMES WILL BEGIN ON SUNDAY THE 19TH. THAT IS 4 DAYS FROM NOW. ALSO, I AM GOING TO BE SAYING THIS A LOT, BUT PLEASE TAKE SCREENSHOTS OF THE FINAL SCREEN IN EACH GAME (MAKE SURE TO HOLD TAB TO SHOW THE SCOREBOARD) AND SEND THEM TO: NESNL23@GMAIL.COM WITH THE BODY OF THE EMAIL INDICATING WHICH TEAM WON AND WHAT MAP WAS PLAYED.

PX|Shorty
07-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Please add:-

Golden Bough

to PX (Pilot Xtremist)

Cheers,
Shorty

Niko0olas
07-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Nesl?

i changed my name to eLijAh
does this matter?
=/

gumbyy
07-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Hey Maimer, great job organizing the tourney so far; I'm looking forward to league play!

evilarsenal
07-16-2009, 06:40 PM
website is up and running :)

evilarsenal.webs.com

NfoMonkey
07-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Oooh sheeeyaat!. whats going on, glad to see things are rolling. i thought once i left you people like, ceased to exist (i was pretty sure you all was from my imaginations machine) im so gonna take out my tight skirt and become a cheerleader for Ryebone

nesnl
07-17-2009, 06:59 AM
Here is the game schedule. It is also posted on the first page of this thread (I think the third post down). It will shortly be posted on the WIKI as well as being updated on Evilarsenal's website. Please check the times and server you are supposed to be playing. Also check to see if you are the home team, which is team #1, or the away team, which is team #2. If you don't know what the difference between the two is, please review the rules about map veto and map selection.

ALL TIMES ARE IN EST (Eastern Standard Time Zone)

Games Schedule:

SUNDAY 7/19

1:00 PM [DE] -vs.- [IT]
2:00 PM [IT] -vs.- [L*]
3:00 PM [L*] -vs.- ACE
4:00 PM ACE -vs.- [fLbSS]
5:00 PM [fLbSS] -vs.- PX|
6:00 PM PX| -vs.- [J.C.]
7:00 PM [J.C.] -vs.- -MH-

1:00 PM -MH- -vs.- {bc09}
2:00 PM {bc09} -vs.- [420]
3:00 PM [420] -vs.- [FN]
4:00 PM [FN] -vs.- [$]
5:00 PM [$] -vs.- [fLb]
6:00 PM [fLb] -vs.- [ZS]
7:00 PM [ZS] -vs.- [DE]

SUNDAY 7/26

1:00 PM [FN] -vs.- {bc09}
2:00 PM {bc09} -vs.- [fLb]
3:00 PM [fLb] -vs.- [420]
4:00 PM [420] -vs.- [DE]
5:00 PM [DE] -vs.- [$]
6:00 PM [$] -vs.- [L*]
7:00 PM [L*] -vs.- [ZS]

1:00 PM [ZS] -vs.- [fLbSS]
2:00 PM [fLbSS] -vs.- [IT]
3:00 PM [IT] -vs.- [J.C.]
4:00 PM [J.C.] -vs.- ACE
5:00 PM ACE -vs.- PX|
6:00 PM PX| -vs.- -MH-
7:00 PM -MH- -vs.- [FN]

SUNDAY 8/2

1:00 PM [fLb] -vs.- -MH-
2:00 PM -MH- -vs.- ACE
3:00 PM ACE -vs.- [IT]
4:00 PM [IT] -vs.- PX|
5:00 PM PX| -vs.- [ZS]
6:00 PM [ZS] -vs.- [J.C.]
7:00 PM [J.C.] -vs.- [$]

1:00 PM [$] -vs.- [fLbSS]
2:00 PM [fLbSS] -vs.- [420]
3:00 PM [420] -vs.- [L*]
4:00 PM [L*] -vs.- {bc09}
5:00 PM {bc09} -vs.- [DE]
6:00 PM [DE] -vs.- [FN]
7:00 PM [FN] -vs.- [fLb]

SUNDAY 8/9

1:00 PM [L*] -vs.- [DE]
2:00 PM [DE] -vs.- [fLbSS]
3:00 PM [fLbSS] -vs.- [fLb]
4:00 PM [fLb] -vs.- [J.C.]
5:00 PM [J.C.] -vs.- [FN]
6:00 PM [FN] -vs.- PX|
7:00 PM PX| -vs.- {bc09}

1:00 PM {bc09} -vs.- ACE
2:00 PM ACE -vs.- [420]
3:00 PM [420] -vs.- [IT]
4:00 PM [IT] -vs.- [$]
5:00 PM [$] -vs.- [ZS]
6:00 PM [ZS] -vs.- -MH-
7:00 PM -MH- -vs.- [L*]

nesnl
07-17-2009, 07:33 AM
One more note about the scheduling:

Since most people reported that they were in time zone EST. The scheduling of the games was done in EST. Please adjust your time zone accordingly to the games times that are posted.

Also, the games assignment was random. I created the schedule and then used a random number generator to assign each team a number. I tried to make it so that each team played two games, one right after the other. But as a result, two teams per week must play a game in the beginning and at the end of the available times. If your team has such a week, where it doesn't play two consecutive games, that is the only week it will happen. I made sure no team has to do this twice.

Also, we are doing this for the fun of it all. The games must be completed by the next week. So if teams don't show up this sunday (or any sunday), try to get in contact with them, preferably their captain, and try to set up a time during the week.

Kuja900
07-17-2009, 07:36 AM
I spy no ACE or L* v fLb unless im blind it seems the owning/boiling shall have to wait for the playoffs.

evilarsenal
07-17-2009, 07:58 AM
yea i updated my website, every team can view its own page to see who they are playing

http://evilarsenal.webs.com/

put it on the first post or soemthing

nesnl
07-17-2009, 08:06 AM
yea i updated my website, every team can view its own page to see who they are playing

http://evilarsenal.webs.com/

put it on the first post or soemthing

I updated the first 3 posts of the thread to include the website.

Esoteric
07-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Rule clarifications before we need them:

Is there a ping requirement to play?
Clearly 400 ping is silly and 90 ping is okay. A limit of somewhere between 150 and 175 would seem prudent.

Additional, the tie-breaking rules could use clarification. Currently they state
"The playoffs will include the top 4 teams by overall winning percentage (this could change depending on how many teams get involved). If a tie occurs with the winning percentage, the tie breaker goes to the winner of the team's regular season match."

In my mind it should go
-- match win percentage
-> game win percentage
-> winner of the regular season match (if applicable)
-> 3 game match for playoff rights.

or
-- match win percentage
-> game win percentage
-> your 8 regular season opponents' win percentages [schedule difficulty]

but really it can be anything so long as it is clearly stated now.

Beagle
07-17-2009, 09:32 AM
A limit of somewhere between 150 and 175 would seem prudent.

Team Australia is ~250 to the official servers.

Esoteric
07-17-2009, 09:54 AM
The ping issue suddenly takes the forefront.

DiogenesDog
07-17-2009, 11:32 AM
on a different note, I think it should be clear that mid-round substitutions are perfectly ok if it's done because someone's connection has gone to ****. I'm looking at you lamsbro (even tho you're not in the league).

NomNom
07-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Max ping 200-300 plz :)

nesnl
07-17-2009, 04:02 PM
As far as ping goes, I didn't set any specific limit. I think that we deal with a lot of different people and I wanted to include as many people as possible. That being said, I am sure that there will be some less than ideal situations. Some people are playing from across the globe. So try to be as tolerant as possible. Remember we are above all just having fun with friends :D

As far as the playoffs go, I specifically left it open because I didn't know how many teams would register. In all likelihood the playoff field will be much larger and we can decide when we get to the end. A lot of factors will influence the playoffs, but the main one will be if all the teams stay the whole season (which is unlikely). So in reality the playoffs will probably be the top 8-10 teams, so I wouldn't worry so much about specific cutoffs, etc.

But just to clarify, if there is a tie at a cutoff point for the playoffs, the tiebreaker will first go to the team that won in the match between the two teams in the season. If the two teams didn't play in the season then it will go to the team with the higher winning percentage.

nesnl
07-17-2009, 04:05 PM
on a different note, I think it should be clear that mid-round substitutions are perfectly ok if it's done because someone's connection has gone to ****. I'm looking at you lamsbro (even tho you're not in the league).

Mid-round substitutions are prohibited and it is listed in the rules. However, if someone disconnects for whatever reason, they are welcome to reconnect and join the game again. This is mainly to prevent people from getting the idea in their head that they can whisper a buddy to disconnect if things are going poorly so they can sub in their better players.

evilarsenal
07-17-2009, 05:10 PM
But just to clarify, if there is a tie at a cutoff point for the playoffs, the tiebreaker will first go to the team that won in the match between the two teams in the season. If the two teams didn't play in the season then it will go to the team with the higher winning percentage.

I set up a Rounds Won/Rounds Lost on the standings... just because a team loses to a team during the regular season doesnt mean it should decide as a tiebreaker... the ratio of rounds won/rounds lost should be a stronger factor because a team can have one bad match and be much stronger every other match

http://evilarsenal.webs.com

gumbyy
07-17-2009, 05:40 PM
What time zone are the scheduled start times listed in?

nesnl
07-17-2009, 05:51 PM
What time zone are the scheduled start times listed in?

EST as it states in the post.

nesnl
07-17-2009, 05:54 PM
I set up a Rounds Won/Rounds Lost on the standings... just because a team loses to a team during the regular season doesnt mean it should decide as a tiebreaker... the ratio of rounds won/rounds lost should be a stronger factor because a team can have one bad match and be much stronger every other match

I know what you are saying, but at the same time each team is only playing 8 of the 13 teams. So if two teams are tied at the end, I feel the best indicator is if they played each other. The reason being that one team could have had a stronger or weaker schedule than the other. (As in one team played the best 8 teams in the league while the other one played the worst 8 teams). If we played a full season where everyone played each other at least once then I think your system might work better. But I don't think this is going to be a problem. When the playoffs come we can be as inclusive as possible and let a large number of teams compete for the title.

gumbyy
07-17-2009, 06:22 PM
EST as it states in the post.

Ahhhh, sorry. I read over it but I must have just missed it. Thanks.

Also, I agree that head-to-head games should be used to tie break over ratio of rounds won:lost.

DiogenesDog
07-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Mid-round substitutions are prohibited and it is listed in the rules. However, if someone disconnects for whatever reason, they are welcome to reconnect and join the game again. This is mainly to prevent people from getting the idea in their head that they can whisper a buddy to disconnect if things are going poorly so they can sub in their better players.

meh. I think that's pretty harsh for a friendly league where everyone pretty much knows each other.

not a big deal, but I don't see any reason not to be lenient. even if someone abuses this, the abuse doesn't result in any horrific results.

Vi*
07-17-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't see a problem with substituting people even if it is because they're doing badly. Don't sports teams do this all the time?

Divra
07-17-2009, 07:44 PM
heey guys!

Can the schedule be channged mabey?
Cause I got to play at ****ing 1:00 AM Sunday:eek:, cause i live in Holland.:cool:
This is also a problem with my team mate [J.C.] DMCM (portugal)

Its a problem cause i got to work monday morning again.
If it was on a aturday oke :P

sooooo.....

Ps owyah since Ian had no time we change d-ron for Un Squadron cheers!

Greetz

Divra

tyr
07-17-2009, 07:47 PM
During the TL league, teams could change their match time if both teams agreed. It worked quite well. I don't know if Maimer authorises it this time, I think so ...
Anyway, you can try to reschedule it, maybe saturday evening, or monday ?

ryebone
07-17-2009, 08:14 PM
I don't see a problem with substituting people even if it is because they're doing badly. Don't sports teams do this all the time?

Perhaps we could institute a pinch-hitter rule to help minimize this; if a substitution must happen for any reason, the player who left cannot play for the rest of the day. If the reason is due to a disconnect, then their internet is poor enough that they shouldn't play for awhile anyways.

Smushface
07-17-2009, 08:23 PM
There should definately be a lag limit. While a 200 cap would be more ideal, 400 would be acceptable.

nesnl
07-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Well I personally don't care if you guys want to do substitutions, but I would rather teams try to play everyone instead of having a "must win" mentality. However, in the end I personally won't know if a team substitutes someone, so as long as both teams don't have a problem then just go for it. So if your team wants to do substitutions in game then please ask the other team first so that they can decide whether they want to do it or not.

Divra, I apologize that your games are so late. I tried my best to accommodate each team's time zone needs and at the same time make it so each team played consecutive games. I suggest getting in contact with the captain of the team(s) you are playing and explain the situation. As long as the game is completed prior to the games next sunday then it is fine. So you have 1 week to figure out a time to play and get the games done!

As for lag, there is going to be no official rule for now. If someone consistently or a team consistently has a substantially high ping (ie above 400) then we will consider capping it in future tournaments.

Also, please check to see what the rules are for being the home team (team #1) or the away team (team #2) and have your map veto list ready to go prior to each game. The games are scheduled for one hour. If you waste time prior to starting it's only going to hurt other teams down the line. If a team shows up late (ie like 15-20 minutes late) or if they waste time picking maps or vetos (ie like 15-20 minutes) and it rushes the matches please let me know.

Flight 666
07-17-2009, 11:30 PM
There should definately be a lag limit. While a 200 cap would be more ideal, 400 would be acceptable.

I dont agree, My ping its 170~230. but same times he UP!^ To 999 for maybe 2~3 Seconds.... and this will kick me due high ping =/

A no Max ping its the ideal, i think... considere, there will not be a 999 player.

Sorry for my bad english :D

UP THE IRONS!

DiogenesDog
07-17-2009, 11:50 PM
hey, could someone talk to tec/whoever about getting a stream of the L* vs ACE game? I think it'll be a really fun game and I'd love to see a vod of it. :)

nesnl
07-17-2009, 11:56 PM
hey, could someone talk to tec/whoever about getting a stream of the L* vs ACE game? I think it'll be a really fun game and I'd love to see a vod of it. :)

Dio apparently wants a video of his team losing. I guess whatever floats your boat (I guess flies your plane might be more appropriate?)

Vi*
07-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Dio apparently wants a video of his team losing. I guess whatever floats your boat (I guess flies your plane might be more appropriate?)
No, Dio's on Lobstar.
I'd like to see this game stream also. It'll be fun to see two decent teams play each other.

argonide
07-18-2009, 01:52 AM
So I think there was enough interest in that [PRO] might be able to swing this if its not too late to sign up.

Some of these people might already be on other teams(in which case don't count them), and if its ok with maimer or whoever, we might have to spam aim to get people that aren't necessarily listed here but are never the less, are pro, to play.

Also, since some people objected to the moniker [Pro] I'm suggesting as an alternative tag [NH].

Rough list of Pro/NH players(? means they might be on another team):
Stack, Porpus, Evil, Triped, Blank, Ferret, Bob?, Dio?, Charlie?
There are people that didn't post in the interest thread but count as part of team anyway and might get spammed on aim to play if we are short, like snow, lamster and jawa. Not sure if this is allowed but I doubt this team will work if we can't ad-hoc it a bit.

In all likelihood though nobody will show up to our first game and this team will dissolve shortly after. But after I spent 5 minutes writing this post I sure hope not!

nesnl
07-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Well let's see what happens this first week and if any teams drop out or are no shows. If that's the case then we can throw your team in there and get you some additional games to catch up. However, I notice from your list that a lot of those players are on teams. Of the people you listed, the people that are on teams are: Stack, Evil, Bob, Dio, Charlie, and jawa (esoteric). However, the are other people out there that would probably play such as pillars, lamsbro, spirtz, caped, etc. However, I can't guarantee a spot because the schedule has been done and all the teams thus far haven't dropped out or said anything about withdrawing.

Blimey
07-18-2009, 05:37 AM
Could someone please give me an example of a US city which operates under the american EST? A few of us australians at first thought you meant australian EST, and we're like, "Wow, we got awesome game times!"... lol.
Anyway, the time zone converters all go by cities... so whats one I can use?

nobodyhome
07-18-2009, 05:51 AM
EST includes cities like new york, washington d.c., etc.

-MH-CaptainVogez
07-18-2009, 05:53 AM
beagle STILL hasn't updated the team list and he's gone AWOL

Just letting you know we have a solid base of 10 now, with possible changes, but as soon as I can get on to him I'll get him to post it.

and yes, being Aussie and all I thought I had the best times when it said EST, as thats my timezone (but in australian time :p )

-MH-CaptainVogez
07-18-2009, 05:56 AM
actually it conveniently turns out that I can't play ANY matches at all
because your sunday is our monday, and i work full time alongside ALSO studying at uni

so I'm out.

for next time,please make it your saturday for convenience, as this way it should be weekend for ALL

NomNom
07-18-2009, 06:02 AM
I dont agree, My ping its 170~230. but same times he UP!^ To 999 for maybe 2~3 Seconds.... and this will kick me due high ping =/

A no Max ping its the ideal, i think... considere, there will not be a 999 player.

Sorry for my bad english :D

UP THE IRONS!

If you can't stay under 400 ping, you shouldn't play. Going to 999 for 3 seconds gives you a free bomb drop which is retarded. There must be a ping cap, just like in the TL tourney, 300 would be nice but I guess 400 for the australians is ok.

Blimey
07-18-2009, 06:03 AM
yeah turns out it's the opposite to good for all aussies....
1pm EST american on sundays -> 2.30 am central aust time monday
7pm EST american on sundays -> 8.30 am central aust time monday

Thats bloody rough mate, basically only the aussies who game full time will be able to play. Unlike we, the MH's, who all have full time work or uni within an hour of our match....
Don't count us out of the league though. We'll try our best to get people who can play.
Just tomorrow's (I mean, monday's) match will not have any of our main players in it.
Sucks to be MH... :(

tyr
07-18-2009, 06:06 AM
Dont forget you can reschedule if the other team is ok with that.

edit : senior member, yay

nesnl
07-18-2009, 06:18 AM
Yah, it's unfortunate that some teams are in different time zones but I had to schedule around the majority of team responding. We play Sunday because that's the time that most people are around. If we scheduled for Saturday, a lot of people go out or are busy so it's more difficult.

The best option is to reschedule. Don't just assume that you have to forfeit. This is a friendly league and I am sure that teams will be more than willing to work things out for the better of the league. Just get in contact with the team captains for your games and let them know what days/times work for you and see if something can be worked out.

Just remember that Sunday is the "default" game time, but it doesn't mean the game has to be played then.

Blimey
07-18-2009, 06:47 AM
EST includes cities like new york, washington d.c., etc.

is it daylight savings time there atm? it makes a difference when converting by an hour... could be important.

nesnl
07-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Just use:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

I think that is your safest bet.

Divra
07-18-2009, 09:52 AM
k mates

This sunday ill try to be on at 23:30 and probably play till like 3:00
I hope I wont be to broken to work monday morning:S

And are there teams with mostly people from the same time zones?
So mabey those teams go late and teams with different timezones go in te beginning.
I know this wont work for whole tourney:P
Just saying something I just came up with:p

Pholon cant stream the first round, he is on a holiday
MAbey he will stream later on, but I cant be sureAnd he also want to play in a "serious" clan. So if u want him PM me ( im his lil bro)

Sorry for the sloppy english

Cya Sunday

Cheers!!

PX|Shorty
07-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Our team has major time zone dilemmas. I Also think the games should be on Saturday. If people are going out, they go out after 7pm anyway. I have 4 Aussies, an Itialian, a singaporian and 3 USA. Makes it tough when the Aussies/Singaporian have to work Monday, and the Italian would be 2am - 4am Monday.

Makes alot more sense on a saturday. I know my boys would get up on a Sunday(Aus Time), or most likely still be awake from going out the night before.

If any teams are scheduled against PX, get your captain to send me a message, as I am more than happy to organize a different time for the game.

Cheers,
Shorty

Beagle
07-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Due to factors beyond my control, one of my members is no longer able to play this season.

Would I be able to change my roster quickly, before the matches start?

DiogenesDog
07-18-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm not maimer, but the (amended) rules say you can add people as much as you want throughout the season as long as you stay below 10 guys.

Beagle
07-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Nevermind. In further unforseen consequences, everything is as it should be.

-MH-CaptainVogez
07-18-2009, 04:13 PM
maimer, with all due respect, i doubt I will be able to play many, if any of the matches. I have work/hockey/uni, so I'll have to see how things roll.

sorry to disrupt the schedule but we will endeavour to get a proper MH roster up ASAP as I will be sharing the task with Blimey now (apparently)

peace

evilarsenal
07-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Our team has major time zone dilemmas. I Also think the games should be on Saturday. If people are going out, they go out after 7pm anyway. I have 4 Aussies, an Itialian, a singaporian and 3 USA. Makes it tough when the Aussies/Singaporian have to work Monday, and the Italian would be 2am - 4am Monday.

Makes alot more sense on a saturday. I know my boys would get up on a Sunday(Aus Time), or most likely still be awake from going out the night before.

If any teams are scheduled against PX, get your captain to send me a message, as I am more than happy to organize a different time for the game.

Cheers,
Shorty

wtf you go out sundays but not saturdays

nesnl
07-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Well a lot of people have posted comments/concerns about game times and the possibility of not making games. I have said this in previous posts, but I will say it again, I scheduled the game based on the majority of team respondants. And the game times posted are the default game times, which means that the server is reserved for your game at that time but you have all week to complete the game.

That being said it is your responsibility as team captains to contact other teams if you cannot make the default game time in order to schedule another time. I am not going to be a middle man between teams to set up new times. If you want to play the games then put in the effort to schedule a new time.

GGQ
07-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Yeah, so the Teamliquid Altitude League only lasted a couple of weeks, but really everyone was very very good about finding a time that worked for both teams.

I suggest every team captain figure out when their team can play best, and if your team can't get enough players to a certain time, just talk with the other captains.

EVH
07-19-2009, 06:15 AM
thanks, i have been looking all over for a schedule

TomBRowkaH
07-19-2009, 06:37 AM
Hey maimer,

Can you add pig_bomb and Gunner.05 to the roster for my team please? Thanks.

Blimey
07-19-2009, 08:44 AM
I know this is a terribly late update but our team is probably the most dysfunctional in the League :rolleyes:
This is just to CLARIFY in relation to team MH:

Team Co-Captains: Beagle, Blimey
Team Members: CaptainVogez, derkensnob, eLijAh (Niko0olas), Rorshack, AID's, YuSef, X_Denied, MeganFox
Preferred Time Zone: GMT +10

To the captains of opposition teams:
It is often going to be likely that MH won't to be able to play a game at the designated time, so please get in touch with either Beagle or myself either through the game or through the forums :)

Peace,
Blimey

Kuja900
07-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Uh shouldnt beagle be the one to post that, since until the update he is the captain.

Blimey
07-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Uh shouldnt beagle be the one to post that, since until the update he is the captain.

oh shush now kuja bear
beagle approved it
he just wanted to keep playing so i wrote the post

Beagle
07-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Team Co-Captains: Beagle, Blimey

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/776/1242808991644.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/i/1242808991644.jpg/)

I never approved this. Thank you, Kuja.

MH has always been and continues to be a single-captain team. Please consult me before deciding otherwise.

-MH-CaptainVogez
07-19-2009, 10:06 AM
as this is a friendly community i will refrain form any obscenities

but beagle is lying blatantly and as we discussed in front of several of our players, MH is to be a joint-captaincy team

Nesnl, please suspend -MH- from any further matches until this is resolved, beagle is "toying" with the players giving multiple statements that contradict each other.

note:he removed himself from the team list earlier, but has since deleted that post after negotiations

-MH-CaptainVogez
07-19-2009, 10:07 AM

also kuja has not been part of the negotiations, so her comment carries no weight

Beagle
07-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Nesnl, please suspend -MH- from any further matches until this is resolved, beagle is "toying" with the players giving multiple statements that contradict each other.

Not only do I take great offense to this kind of slander, but it is not your decision to suspend our team or our opponents from any matches. These kind of actions are exactly why I made it clear I did NOT want to have a co-captaincy.

On a personal note, I would like to warn you against continuing this kind of behaviour.

Edit: I don't know what these negotations are supposed to have been, but Kuja is just pointing out the obvious.

-MH-CaptainVogez
07-19-2009, 10:20 AM
On a personal note, I would like to warn you against continuing this kind of behaviour.

this is the EXACT reason you were warned by both Blimey and myself last night, taking co-captaincy into your own hands.
it is up to the league to decide now.

as far as I'm concerned, its just a game to enjoy, but leave your personal problems at the door when you play mate

Beagle
07-19-2009, 10:23 AM
as far as I'm concerned, its just a game to enjoy, but leave your personal problems at the door when you play mate

I would LOVE to just play my 2D plane game, if only you would folllow your own advice, Vogez.

DaK
07-19-2009, 05:37 PM
just to let you know that we have rescheduled the [DE] vs [IT] game for tomorrow 3PM EST

evilarsenal
07-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Grats on
L* > IT
and
Bc09 > 420

I updated the website

AIDs
07-19-2009, 08:24 PM
FN>420

Congrats

Conman
07-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Yes you can thank our GREAT teammates who so graciously helped us out. Against bc09 we had 3v4. Then FN one dick decided to show up....and then we had 4v4 against FN. Unfortunately he was doped up! Go figure...

hurripilot
07-19-2009, 09:34 PM
hahahahahaha, thanks Aids:D FN also defeated Mo Money, Mo Problems [$] today, 2-0, in a briefly 5v5, but mostly 4v4 match :P

DubyaCapumWolfeGee
07-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Sorry about leaving that, my laptop died and i restarted it right away but it was already over xD

nesnl
07-19-2009, 10:03 PM
In regards to the -MH- problems that are going on right now: It is not my place to decide who is captain and who isn't. However, I don't want those types of problems to prevent those players from playing. If you have games scheduled versus MH, they will most likely still be played, but they may end up being played later in the season if we can't come to a workable solution this week. So please be patient if you are on MH or if you are scheduled to play against the team. We will figure it all out soon.

tyr
07-19-2009, 10:14 PM
ACE played both games tonight. Both games went well (except fLbSS needed to play with only 4 members) and both games were kindly recorded by tec27 (who also provides both servers).
They will be broadcasted sometime during the week on livestream.com

PLEASE DONT SPOIL THE RESULTS TOO MUCH SO THERE CAN BE SOME SUSPENSE TO THOSE WHO HAVEN'T OBSERVED THE GAMES LIVE.

CCN
07-19-2009, 10:17 PM
****ing wow, i drop grom server and i can't get back in because its full. By the time someone leaves we lose map, thats ****ing great.
We need a new rule or to increase server capacity.

DiogenesDog
07-19-2009, 10:29 PM
if that happens, just msg someone so they can kick someone out.

CCN
07-19-2009, 10:32 PM
if that happens, just msg someone so they can kick someone out.

i did, think of that eventually and byt he time the kick came in ...
Considering how many bombs landed on us in that 1 - 1.5 i don't think it changed the outcome but was frustrating ++

evilarsenal
07-19-2009, 10:37 PM
yea he messaged me to do it

Musicfreak777
07-19-2009, 11:39 PM
im changing d-ron 4 Un Squadron. okie dokie

Divra
07-19-2009, 11:43 PM
i saw great match FLBss vs px GGG guys

Divra
07-19-2009, 11:44 PM
owyeah some one does vod this all???
NIce to see it back^^
Again with some comatary or so

cheers!

Divra
07-19-2009, 11:45 PM
Woohoo [J.C.] won first game
Great games PX!
To bad of those anoying people joining
Im so sorry for that

greetz

tyr
07-19-2009, 11:48 PM
owyeah some one does vod this all???
NIce to see it back^^
Again with some comatary or so

cheers!

Yes, tec27 recorded both ACE matches with his own commentaries, and he'll broadcast them during the week after some editing.
He said he wanted to make the whole thing more "professional" than during the TL league, with map analysis before the match, and strategy discussions, and stuff like that.

Vania
07-19-2009, 11:53 PM
YES!!! We vetoed Hills!
A map that wasnt even in the list!! We are so awesome!!

NomNom
07-19-2009, 11:56 PM
YES!!! We vetoed Hills!
A map that wasnt even in the list!! We are so awesome!!

LOL. You can never be too careful eh.

Divra
07-20-2009, 12:00 AM
mmmhhh
Too bad match vs [J.C.] and -MH- wont go on.
Its understandable ( or something)
Let us know when we have to play them

Divra
07-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Yes, tec27 recorded both ACE matches with his own commentaries, and he'll broadcast them during the week after some editing.
He said he wanted to make the whole thing more "professional" than during the TL league, with map analysis before the match, and strategy discussions, and stuff like that.

K awsome let me know when and where i can check it out!!
I hope it were some good matches:)

Cheers!

AtomikPi
07-20-2009, 12:40 AM
V3/ZS d. DE 2-0

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af127/AtomikPi/scrn1.jpg
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af127/AtomikPi/scrn2.jpg

nesnl
07-20-2009, 01:36 AM
Please do not post results in this thread. Email the results along with the screenshots to NESNL23@gmail.com

evilarsenal
07-20-2009, 02:30 AM
everyone can see the standings and results at

thanks for a great first week :D

xone
07-20-2009, 03:49 AM
I keep hearing tales of VODs and commentaries on the matches. Anyone know where one might come across such items?

Beagle
07-20-2009, 03:58 AM
mmmhhh
Too bad match vs [J.C.] and -MH- wont go on.
Its understandable ( or something)
Let us know when we have to play them

No, there isn't any issue - the matches are still gonna be played this week, although not at the default times 'cause of timezone issues. I'm already talking to slip and Bong about when we'll have them.

Please ignore all this supposed e-drama, it doesn't affect our role in the league one bit.

evilarsenal
07-20-2009, 03:59 AM
yay! only 3 matches left to go this week

eth
07-20-2009, 04:04 AM
GGs everyone, was good :) Looking forward to next weeks matches!

nesnl
07-20-2009, 04:55 AM
Another update:

Looks like we had some good games today. If you didn't get to play your games yet, don't worry, you have all week to get them done. So try your best as team captains to get a time together and get the games done! I want all the teams to stay active and I want to have as few forfeits as possible.

Also, EvilArsenal has really been taking a lot of initiative in this league and has shown a lot of interest in continuing that role in the future. He has been updating his website very regularly, so please keep checking his website and notify him of any error or mistakes.

So for the games coming up this week and the following weeks email the results to: zoldennis5491@Yahoo.com. He is going to handle all the wins/losses for all the teams. (the emails to me this week are fine and those games will be recorded so don't worry about emailing him this week).

I am going to add a couple of clarifications to the rules as well to make sure all the teams can get games in even if they are short players. If you have less than 10 players on your team you can add anyone to your team at any point during the season (up to 10 players). However, once someone plays for a team then they are locked into that team and cannot play for another team.

Also, I need to address cheating. I stated in the first post that I wouldn't be checking account IDs, however, today a player tried to change his name to the same as someone else on a different team. The team was down a player and needed someone but that is not an excuse to try to trick that team into thinking they are playing someone they aren't. Tec27 still has the server logs from all the games and if this is ever suspected again we will start checking server logs to see if people are playing for other teams by changing their names. I didn't want to do this and I shouldn't have to. We are a small community and keeping this league honest shouldn't be a problem.

Beagle
07-20-2009, 04:57 AM
Why is Mile High listed as having lost both its matches already? We haven't even had a chance to play them yet.

I was under the impression that we were free to reschedule anytime before the next week of matches, which we are in the middle of doing with J.C. and bc09 - let me know if this is wrong.

nesnl
07-20-2009, 04:58 AM
Why is Mile High listed as having lost both its matches already? We haven't even had a chance to play them yet.

I was under the impression that we were free to reschedule anytime before the next week of matches, which we are in the middle of doing with J.C. and bc09 - let me know if this is wrong.

This will be corrected. Just continue rescheduling your games and email the results when they are played.

NomNom
07-20-2009, 05:03 AM

If you plan to reschedule though please notify the oppposing team captains ahead of time so people don't show up for nothing.

nesnl
07-20-2009, 05:06 AM
If you plan to reschedule though please notify the oppposing team captains ahead of time so people don't show up for nothing.

Yes, this is important. If you are going to reschedule games from here on out (weeks 2-4) you must notify the opposing team's captains ahead of time. I can understand the frustration if a team shows up and the other team doesn't show. However, this is the first week, so I hope the other teams cut a little slack to the other teams. But in the future if you don't give sufficient time to the other teams then it will be considered a forfeit.

So if your team can't make a game don't make a post saying "we can't make our games so get in touch with us." It is your responsibility to get in contact with the other teams.

slip
07-20-2009, 05:26 AM
We still havent heard anything from MH, other than you guys are having problems. Get back to us, would be nice if we could get it out of the way and start working on other matches.

Beagle
07-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Sorry, I had been discussing times with Bong, and you Slip, so I didn't think we'd left you guys in the dark. If we were responsible for any misunderstandings, I'm sorry.

I will try and get in touch with you guys and finalize a time now.

Stormich
07-20-2009, 08:33 AM
I keep hearing tales of VODs and commentaries on the matches. Anyone know where one might come across such items?

The VODs of ACE games will be up in a couple of days, just as soon as Tec finishes commentaries. As soon as it's done links will be posted.

Divra
07-20-2009, 09:00 AM
No, there isn't any issue - the matches are still gonna be played this week, although not at the default times 'cause of timezone issues. I'm already talking to slip and Bong about when we'll have them.

Please ignore all this supposed e-drama, it doesn't affect our role in the league one bit.

Aight i know it aint an issue. And I probably had to say "didnt go on"instead of "doesnt go on" cause i know it will be played.

Yeah sorry for the drama lol:s

DaK
07-20-2009, 01:52 PM
wow i have a question how can JC add un squadron to their team when he is in mine already and how the f**k did he play last night for them when he wasnt in their roster wow

Vania
07-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Can we add a ping limit to the league servers? Say 300?

Some pings where ridiculous last night...

Musicfreak777
07-20-2009, 04:42 PM
sry about the confusion dak. Un didnt inform me that he was on your team. He didnt have your tag and i needed him so he signed up in a jiffy. i updated the roster and we played the match. We can discuss more in the game bcuz i dont like typing like this on the forum but if u really need UN im sure we can work something out. OK? again sry for the confusion and well work this out rite away.

Musicfreak777
07-20-2009, 07:18 PM
The issue of Where UN was playin has been resloved. I have consulted with Dak and he says its ok that i have UN. SO i will now post my new roster since we've been changing it
Captain: Ian
Team Members: Bong, Divra, DMCM, number 3, Sxul Choc, AKING, wuwu, Dragon, UN Squadron.
That's most likely the final 10 but im not making any promises].

Stormich
07-20-2009, 07:39 PM
The issue of Where UN was playin has been resloved. I have consulted with Dak and he says its ok that i have UN. SO i will now post my new roster since we've been changing it
Captain: Ian
Team Members: Bong, Divra, DMCM, number 3, Sxul Choc, AKING, wuwu, Dragon, UN Squadron.
That's most likely the final 10 but im not making any promises].

Just remember anyone that plays cannot be exchanged.

Musicfreak777
07-20-2009, 08:14 PM
SO if some1's already played in a match u cant take them out?

NomNom
07-20-2009, 08:20 PM
SO if some1's already played in a match u cant take them out?

If someone chooses to leave a team or gets kicked out of a team, they can't join another team until next season. You can only be part of one team throughout the season.

Musicfreak777
07-20-2009, 10:07 PM
but wat if some1 didnt no they where registered and then registered 4 another team?

evilarsenal
07-20-2009, 10:17 PM
if they played they cant play

Musicfreak777
07-20-2009, 10:20 PM
o ok thx mate 4 clearing that up.

nesnl
07-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Okay, someone clear this whole UN Squadron thing up for me. I know that during this weekends games that EvilArsenal was present during a lot of matches and told you guys that you didn't need to take screenshots because he saw the results. But as a consequence of that I only received the results of 6 of the total 14 matches via email with screenshots. I did not receive any screenshots of the games played by PX or the games played by JC. So I can't tell which team he actually played for. Someone tell me which team he played for during this weekends games so that I can make sure the rosters are correct and that he only plays for that team throughout the season.

Golden Bough
07-21-2009, 12:31 AM
nesnl:

As for the PX game against [JC] U.N. was in that game for sure. I remember it. Also, can you please address the max-ping concerns. In one of our matches,a players ping was 999 the entire time. They won, fair and square, but the ping was a real problem and an overall distraction for everyone involved. Would you please set the record strait for max-pings in tournament play as it seams to be a problem for others as well.

DMCM
07-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Squadron played for J.C. in our weekend game against pX

gameguard
07-21-2009, 01:24 AM
they have to be reasonable with pings imo.

Its one thing to be pinging 300 but a whole another story when they constantly warp around with 999 ping. The captain should not let someone with connection problems play.

NomNom
07-21-2009, 05:57 AM
they have to be reasonable with pings imo.

Its one thing to be pinging 300 but a whole another story when they constantly warp around with 999 ping. The captain should not let someone with connection problems play.

Agreed, even the Australians stay under 400 ping. If you can't keep it under that then you really shouldn't be playing competitively until you get a stable connection.

combat
07-21-2009, 06:17 AM
i love how we refer to them as "the Australians"

Beagle
07-21-2009, 07:21 AM
even the Australians

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8308/1245861062616.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/i/1245861062616.jpg/)

tec27
07-21-2009, 08:23 AM
The VODs of ACE games will be up in a couple of days, just as soon as Tec finishes commentaries. As soon as it's done links will be posted.
Speaking of that, I think the earliest possible date to have the livestream.com viewing for me would be this Friday. So, for those of you who would like to watch the VOD/commentary release "live" (aka with some other people, being able to chat with them about what's going on, etc.), when would you like that to happen? Should I push for a weekend release or would you guys prefer to wait until next monday/tuesday?

Stormich
07-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Just put them up as VODs, so people just click to demand them and they play. As for a premiere of some sort I really don't know :D

tyr
07-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Well, i'm not home between thursday-friday night and saturday-sunday night. It would be good for me if it was monday then, but i'm only 1 person, i can grab the vods, it's np.

tec27
07-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I'm sorta wondering how many people would turn out for the broadcasts anyway. If it'll only be 3 or 4, its probably better to just release them in HD on youtube and not worry about it.

Edit: and for anyone that wants an example of what the VODs will sorta be like, here's one from the Teamliquid Altitude League: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHd8rrj19PQ

evilarsenal
07-21-2009, 09:10 AM
im gonna try to broadcast the matches live on sunday at my friends house and commentate live... his computer is amazing

defenitely doing it for playoffs tho
don't know if for regular season

-MH-CaptainVogez
07-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Captains please do not ignore this - this is the only way I know of contacting you all at the moment:
I have a proposal for the following matches (not as of yet run through beagle, {bc09} or JC leader, but for all's reference so that you can decide whether this is a valid time for us to organise (as time is short):

10pm EST (america) friday and 12pm EST (australia) saturday
-MH- vs {bc09}
11pm EST (america) friday and 1pm EST (australia) saturday
-MH- vs [J.C]

can you please all get together and decide whether this is a suitable time? after talking with a couple of people (JC BONG and MH AIDS) this sounds like it would be reasonable for most. If worst comes to worst, and we have a match with 8v6 players, I'm sure we can rearrange to make it an even match (i.e. 6v6)

This is just an idea so please consider it and do NOT bite my head off!

Peace
CaptainVogez

slip
07-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Wait, Vogez, do you think were playing 8vs8's or something? Didnt quite understand that last part. Still have to check with bc about friday, we might have lives to attend to. (gasp)

-MH-CaptainVogez
07-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Wait, Vogez, do you think were playing 8vs8's or something? Didnt quite understand that last part. Still have to check with bc about friday, we might have lives to attend to. (gasp)

no slip - you might have missed that part of the convo sorry (maybe it only appeared to the JC's)

what i meant, if it is acceptable, that if we unfortunately have teams show up less than the full 10 (but on the original roster), we can make the teams even by making the number of players on each team the same (taking players out)

i.e, if MH have 8 and bc09 have 6, then we sit 2 players out for the matches and leave it as 6v6.
is that legal maimer?

and if thats the case, are you able to sub in a 7th player each if you have enough at the start of a new match? (if a player shows up for bc09 late for the purpose of the last example)

slip
07-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Ok...were on the same page when I say its always 5vs5 in a league game then? We only have five people on our roster, a full team.

evilarsenal
07-21-2009, 09:58 AM
yea if u have more than 5 just sit them out.... its 5v5 not a full out **** fest of 12v9

Beagle
07-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Thank you very much Vogez for taking the time to work out these times - you've come up with about the same time I ended up settling on and put to Bong. Haven't put it to Slip yet because I haven't seen him. The only change I made was to make it 11:30 PM EST/1:30 PM Brisbane to accomodate AIDs being able to play (he works at night).

-MH-CaptainVogez
07-21-2009, 10:30 AM
my bad guys - i interpreted incorrectly
thanks for the corrections!

so Beagle, if possible will we do the matches 10pm and 11:30pm america EST (if the others approve?)
I think we should make this an approximate standard too if its okay with other teams

tyr
07-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Well ...
ACE has 4 out of its 10 players that are european.
11:30pm EST would be 5:30am CET.

We'll have to work something else out.
I don't mind playing at 2 or 3am but I dont know about the others.

Divra
07-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Captains please do not ignore this - this is the only way I know of contacting you all at the moment:
I have a proposal for the following matches (not as of yet run through beagle, {bc09} or JC leader, but for all's reference so that you can decide whether this is a valid time for us to organise (as time is short):

10pm EST (america) friday and 12pm EST (australia) saturday
-MH- vs {bc09}
11pm EST (america) friday and 1pm EST (australia) saturday
-MH- vs [J.C]

can you please all get together and decide whether this is a suitable time? after talking with a couple of people (JC BONG and MH AIDS) this sounds like it would be reasonable for most. If worst comes to worst, and we have a match with 8v6 players, I'm sure we can rearrange to make it an even match (i.e. 6v6)

This is just an idea so please consider it and do NOT bite my head off!

Peace
CaptainVogez

Hey captain!
Its fine for me.
It will be 6 am for me (darn so early:() but ill play

And i thought it were 5v5 matches.
So if jc has 8 and mh 6 we still will play 5v5

Ill see you then

Ps. When will the schedule for the next round be up?

Greetz

tyr
07-21-2009, 12:50 PM
The schedules for all four weeks are out.

DMCM
07-21-2009, 01:26 PM
4 AM... oh jesus

I'll try not to fall asleep during the match.

Beagle
07-21-2009, 01:40 PM
I was under the impression from Bong and Slip that your teams were predominantly EST-localized teams.

Is this not the case? If the majority of your team favours another time zone, please let me know and I'll reschedule for that zone.

Musicfreak777
07-21-2009, 04:23 PM
THIS IS THE JC LEADER IAN.....

this is 2 answer 2 questions.
first is: maimer i did send the screenshots of JC vs PX via email and that me (JC leader) and dak (IT leader) worked out the whole UN thing. UN didnt play 4 IT and he is going 2 b on JC since hes already played 1 game
2nd the schedule thing:
if the game is at 11pm EST i can tmake it but if enough of my team is there then thats fine but if not then well have 2 reschedule again.
I can get in contact with bong or AIDS if necessary cuz i never c u on probably bcuz of time difference.

pm me if there is anything else that must be mentioned

xone
07-21-2009, 08:35 PM
I was under the impression from Bong and Slip that your teams were predominantly EST-localized teams.

Is this not the case? If the majority of your team favours another time zone, please let me know and I'll reschedule for that zone.

Best Clan '09 is EST

Divra
07-22-2009, 08:51 AM
4 AM... oh jesus

I'll try not to fall asleep during the match.

WTF we have to play at 6 am right:O??
4 AM aint gonna work for me....

Beagle
07-22-2009, 02:22 PM
What is all this panic-mongering? WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE LIVE? WHY WON'T YOU TELL ME YOUR REAL TIMEZONES? WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

Smushface
07-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Any chance we can see results somewhere? I'd like to see win % and standings.

edit: Which is something I don't mind calculating and posting myself, I'd just need to know who won and who lost.