PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

l3asu
08-07-2009, 03:11 AM
Well I finally made an account on the forums...

Anyways how do people like the Facebook feature of altitude so far?

I think this could be a great tool for spreading the word of the game and promote community within the game.

I know a lot of people who play games with the Facebook apps, who says it can't be altitude

From what I have heard so far, lag seems to be the main issue.

Vi*
08-07-2009, 04:39 AM
Just tried the app. Why can I only spam 20 people with altitude requests per day? I am going to forget where I am on the list, unless there is some icon that tells me I've already sent that person a request.

It's nice to take Altitude revenge on those people who constantly try to send me happy pony garden gifts or invite me to groups about cell phone numbers. I suggest you try it.

lamster
08-07-2009, 04:59 AM
Facebook limits invite spam -- isn't it shameful?

However you can still spam all your friends' news feeds. Open the Altitude facebook app, then under "Your stats" click one of the "Write on wall" links, for example there's one next to "Rank".

On that note, does anyone have ideas for an interesting "news story" we could add? Well-designed stories (up to 5 images + text, for examples look at some of the entries other apps are constantly posting to your feed) that users can choose to share with their friends are a great way to spread the word. The real trick is convincing our users to hit the "publish" button -- to that end straight-up brag stories are good, as are clever/funny stories (look how witty I am!). Ideas anyone?

Vi*
08-07-2009, 05:50 AM
The witty:

Vi has been blasting her way across cartoon skies for 147.0 hours. That's long enough to procrastinate writing an entire novel.

Grab the community:

Vi has been blasting her way across cartoon skies in a Biplane with Heavy Cannon, and agrees with the nerf to secondary fire, though she'd prefer if the weapon style was changed entirely.

Boasty:

Vi has been blasting her way across cartoon skies and killed Snowsickle twice in team deathmatch. What the **** is wrong with her?

Identity:

Vi's favourite plane is full random. What's your favourite plane/perk setup?

Dating:

Vi is a random looking for a biplane with heavy cannon and reverse thrust. Come play Altitude with me, and see if we're a match!

I have to stop

evilarsenal
08-07-2009, 06:43 AM
LOL VI

10 char

ryebone
08-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Vi is a random looking for a biplane with heavy cannon and reverse thrust.

that is just gold.

as red as black
08-07-2009, 07:56 AM
first off....haha Vi

I spammed the hell outta news feeds already with '...has logged onto altitude'

then I realized that those posted about every 20 minutes and overwhelmed all other posts, and I don't want to further publicize my addiction to altitude....

I CAN STOP WHENEVER I WANT

nicholasy11
02-25-2010, 12:52 AM
first off....haha Vi

I spammed the hell outta news feeds already with '...has logged onto altitude'

then I realized that those posted about every 20 minutes and overwhelmed all other posts, and I don't want to further publicize my addiction to altitude....

I CAN STOP WHENEVER I WANT

No you can't. Intervention time! 'ARAB (WOAH!) It makes me feel sad when I come to ask you a question and you just say 'one sec' then a second later I ask you again and you say 'one sec' again. I feel angry when you don't play monopoly: take over the world edition because you are too busy playing on the computer. It also makes me angry when you won't stop playing altitude and LET ME PLAY' :mad::mad:

Stormmaster
06-08-2010, 11:57 PM
I don't use any social networks. So, if I am not a Facebook user, there is no way I would be able to unlock the skins, right?

strrrrront
06-10-2010, 11:11 PM
I never publish that stuff on facebook. I don't want my friends to know how much time I spend behind this game, I have them all convinced I'm an alcoholic.