View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
Rev anything is not viable unless you just want to dick around. Bomber really doesn't need to be able to dramatically change directions since it can already shoot from both ends and has an excellent turning radius.

I suppose someone could make a case for rev/remote explo or sniplane, but even then those setups work because the player's skill, not the loadout. They could be using full random and still have success...
Would you mind explaining why you think Rev Bomber isn't viable? I main Bomber, and have been playing at least half of my games as a Rev Bomber (for the past few weeks, I'm only counting Dojo, and a few ladder games) and I have found Rev far more useful than an extra shot every now and then. As a Bomber playing Ball, your role is often to spam important targets and to defend your goal. In pushes you want to be spamming and zoning the enemy off of your ball carrier. Being able to reposition helps with every part of your role, and helps you stay on top of slippery enemy ball carriers. I also believe that in most games you don't need extra energy as a Bomber, unless you are lacking damage, which usually isn't an issue against lighter planes that are typical in Ball games. It does seem less viable in TBD, because your positioning is usually more static and stable.

You do need to learn to spam less with less energy. Spamming one or two shots everytime you reach full energy is a good rule of thumb. You can't afford not to have energy once you have an angle on someone afterall.

As a disclaimer I haven't played in clan games, or other super serious games, but most people that show up in ladder and Dojo seem to be fairly good.

Last edited by Soul Evans; 01-27-2015 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Clarity