Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Server News

Server News Announcements related to privately hosted servers.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:25 PM

School and RealLife™ have taken a priority at the moment. Hopefully over the summer I'll have more time to pwn the noobs in Sandbox.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlenderMan View Post
sandbox is already dead anyway without corrado, juin or kak

it's just a bunch of noobs balancing and voting mid map all the time

R.I.P Sandbox
I have to agree that coop is dying a bit, so I have an idea. Since the scrims and coop clans didnt work out so well, I thought we could maybe do something like proleague, but then for coop. We just set a date and time that everyone gets on (prob fridays or saturdays since sundays are full of scrims), we get to a server like Amlobs scrim server (if thats still possible?), randomly pick 2 captains, make teams and just start playing some nice friendly coop together. If that doesnt work, we just head out to sandbox and beat some records^^

What do you think?

Geiro
Old 04-05-2012, 08:02 PM

Yea Kinda got bored of Co-op.. well pretty much whole of Altitude (TD? :O)
there isn't much to do and not many people on except for ladders and with the randa nerfs and such, which has limited me from enjoying TBD a lot less from now. i basically quit the game (will just go on here and there to talk)

I'm up for one last try to scrim each other the scrim server if Amlob is willing to host the server for some time but ugh let's see if that's going to be fun or the other way around ;P

nuff jokes, wonder where did Corrado go, and i saw Juin on yesterday playing on Official, Kak ???
Old 04-05-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geiro View Post
I have to agree that coop is dying a bit, so I have an idea. Since the scrims and coop clans didnt work out so well, I thought we could maybe do something like proleague, but then for coop. We just set a date and time that everyone gets on (prob fridays or saturdays since sundays are full of scrims), we get to a server like Amlobs scrim server (if thats still possible?), randomly pick 2 captains, make teams and just start playing some nice friendly coop together. If that doesnt work, we just head out to sandbox and beat some records^^

What do you think?

Geiro
Sort of a captains game eh? Sounds promising.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedDuck View Post
Yea Kinda got bored of Co-op.. well pretty much whole of Altitude (TD? :O)
there isn't much to do and not many people on except for ladders and with the randa nerfs and such, which has limited me from enjoying TBD a lot less from now. i basically quit the game (will just go on here and there to talk)

I'm up for one last try to scrim each other the scrim server if Amlob is willing to host the server for some time but ugh let's see if that's going to be fun or the other way around ;P

nuff jokes, wonder where did Corrado go, and i saw Juin on yesterday playing on Official, Kak ???

Old 04-06-2012, 12:12 AM

What happend to Co-op?
I think Geiros idea was good, lets try that if we can. I also think we can give scrim another try. If we make the rules fair to everyone i think it will work. I just dont want Co-op to die out so we have to go back to bladder...
I will gladly help if there is anything i can do. Even if Corrado, Juin and Kak leaves it dosnt mean Co-op is gone
Old 04-06-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
What happend to Co-op?
I think Geiros idea was good, lets try that if we can. I also think we can give scrim another try. If we make the rules fair to everyone i think it will work. I just dont want Co-op to die out so we have to go back to bladder...
I will gladly help if there is anything i can do. Even if Corrado, Juin and Kak leaves it dosnt mean Co-op is gone
Not gone but rather dead :l
Old 04-06-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:

Duh, i know that... i was wondering what they were up to
Old 04-08-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
What happend to Co-op?
You and Geiro will go back to bladder???? With a 20 year ban ?
Old 04-08-2012, 03:50 PM

Dear Coop guys please add a commmand !suggestion for suggesting because for lots of newcomers forums are not really known. other thing is another vote command like /vote tps *40 - 300 here* tps = test plane scale to help assist
Old 04-08-2012, 04:47 PM

May I ask what's the suggestion command for?

And im 9000% sure that the test plane votewon't approve since it'll just be abused by everyone and make gameplay not enjoyable.

nt

Last edited by Slender; 04-08-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:12 PM

Since a lot of the admins are or have been inactive, the servers have been a bit chaotic lately.

I'd like to suggest making Geiro admin (if he agrees of course). He's one of the most active coop players and he's always been respectful, helpful and sensible.

Unfortunately the people who can make this happen are the inactive ones so I doubt anyone will even read this.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
May I ask what's the suggestion command for?

And im 9000% sure that the test plane votewon't approve since it'll just be abused by everyone and make gameplay not enjoyable.

nt
Yeah i guess the tsp would be abused maybe only 40? u cant rly die that way!
umm the suggestion because well alot of people dont notice it. more ideas, rate maps? (like on official map test) and finnally ability to make the walls bouncy (for harder maps and the n00bs who want bounct :P (not me))!
Also umm you might want the time to stop when the charge is planted because well it sucks because u get 15 secs added on to time!

Last edited by {SS}poptikel; 04-08-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Would you like me to talk to Geiro?

Don't want to brag but I've been around on sandbox for quite longer than him (Geiro) and in my opinion, I'm a very close friend to the head admins and have a tiny bit more possibilities than him on becoming an admin, I just haven't asked >_>
Old 04-08-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Don't want to brag but I've been around on sandbox for quite longer than him (Geiro) and in my opinion, I'm a very close friend to the head admins and have a tiny bit more possibilities than him on becoming an admin, I just haven't asked >_>
I think RedLight should become an admin, i personally think he will do a good job.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I think RedLight should become an admin, i personally think he will do a good job.
Oh well thank you! Juin had promised to make me admin after a couple people left, which supposedly would be sooner than later. Who knows what happened to that; I haven't seen Juin around much lately.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:21 PM

I don't know about the European nights, but in my timezone Slender and Red aren't very active on Sandbox either :P

Thnx for the suggestion Dm, but keep in mind that the amount of bans will significantly increase since I see a lot of players voting midmap more than once and I don't know if that's what 'the hosters/other admins' want
Old 04-09-2012, 12:42 AM

So many people want to be admin. Maybe we should take charges
Old 04-09-2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:
So many people want to be admin. Maybe we should take charges
Make Seagull admin too, who's with me
He seem to be pro

Quote from Seagul
Quote:
"More ClanTags = More Pro, i n0w h@v3 to change my name to Sea to have as many clans as i possibly clan because they have a ****ing 20 name limit"
lol
Old 04-09-2012, 01:54 AM

Quote:
He seem to be pro

Quote from Seagul

lol
Im going to name my kids after that hero.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:26 PM

I think I should be an admin. Sandbox is lacking the necessary Canadian influence that any server needs to be successful.

If I were admin I'd make sandbox the tyranny I've always dreamed it could be.

Quote:
He seem to be pro

lol
And have him require everyone to be in like 5 clans lol.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:31 AM

Point. Welcome to The Next Sandbox Admin Show!
In order to participate, you must post the following information:
  • In-game Name:
  • Pictures of yourself (only if female and attractive) (if nude, please send them privately to avoid prompt removal from forums):
  • Why YOU should be The Next Sandbox Admin:
  • A Chuck Norris joke:
Old 04-13-2012, 12:48 AM

In-game Name: SkyLlama
Sex: Still up for debate (refer to photo)
Favorite admin: You of course Juin.
Pictures of yourself (only if female and attractive) (if nude, please send them privately to avoid prompt removal from forums):
Why YOU should be The Next Sandbox Admin: Because I'm awesome and live in the best country in the world, why else?
A Chuck Norris joke: If you turn China upside down, there is a sticker that says "Made By Chuck Norris"
Old 04-13-2012, 02:45 AM

In-game Name:CL|Taylay
Sex:yes please
Favorite admin:amaturelobster
Pictures of yourself (only if female and attractive) (if nude, please send them privately to avoid prompt removal from forums):nah im good
Why YOU should be The Next Sandbox Admin:im cool bro
A Chuck Norris joke:in soviet russia chuck norris still kills you
Old 04-13-2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylay View Post
Pictures of yourself (only if female and attractive) (if nude, please send them privately to avoid prompt removal from forums):nah im good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylay View Post
^
|
Fixed for ya

Quote Inside a Quote, Quoteception
Old 04-13-2012, 04:56 AM

In-game Name: Slender
Sex: Male
Favorite admin: Juinjuninjinujnuinjuin
Pictures of yourself (only if female and attractive) (if nude, please send them privately to avoid prompt removal from forums): i'll pm them later
Why YOU should be The Next Sandbox Admin: Because I'll ****ing ban everyone and make sandbox a better place. Asides banning anyone who deserves it, I'm currently a moderator (and have been for 2 years now) of some gaming forum and I have experience dealing with mod powers, decisions and dealing with trouble-makers. Also, I've been around on sandbox quite a lot ever since Juin asked me to help him out test it so I already have knowledge of how Sandbox admins roll.
A Chuck Norris joke: Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.

Last edited by Slender; 04-14-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:38 AM

• In-game Name: RedLight or currently CL| RedLight
  • Sex: You know, of course, you silly boy.
  • Favorite admin: Juin & corrado33.
  • Pictures of yourself (only if female and attractive) (if nude, please send them privately to avoid prompt removal from forums):

I know, I'm so stupendously hawt.
  • Why YOU should be The Next Sandbox Admin: Because I'm RedLight. On a more serious note, I believe I would be a fair and moderate admin. I've had experience moderating forums elsewhere so I know precisely how to deal with trolls. I know I wouldn't ban out of spite like many of the current admins are prone to doing, unfortunately. Banning, no matter for what time period, is a serious matter and shouldn't be thrown around lightly. I believe that everyone deserves a chance, and I would endeavor my utmost to ensure that my tolerance is enforced by giving repeat offenders a warning before the banhammer strikes them fairly on their head.
  • A Chuck Norris joke:
    Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.
    Chuck Norris can cut through a hot knife with butter
    Chuck Norris once kicked a horse in the chin. Its decendants are known today as Giraffes.

Last edited by RedLight; 04-14-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: moved the real stuff up to where it belonged
Old 04-13-2012, 09:48 AM

• In-game Name: asep| Geiro.ic
  • Favorite admins: Stig and Dmcm
  • Pictures of yourself (only if female and attractive) (if nude, please send them privately to avoid prompt removal from forums): Not attractive, so no ty xD
  • Why YOU should be The Next Sandbox Admin: Very active on Sandbox, so I can make sure the rules will be foliowed on Sandbox, way too many players (who know the rules) that just vote when they die all the time and get away with it... Furthermore, I'm helpful to new players and I'm rational, so I think I'll make a fair admin I've also hosted a dedicated server with 7 servers on alti for 6 months, so I have admin experience.
  • A Chuck Norris joke: Once a grizzly bear threatened to eat Chuck Norris. Chuck showed the bear his fist and the bear proceeded to eat himself, because it would be the less painful way to die.

Last edited by Geiro; 04-14-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: no jks ;)
Old 04-13-2012, 01:07 PM

In-game Name: [x Xorg x]
Sex: male
Favorite admins: Dmcm and corrado
Pictures of yourself (only if female and attractive) (if nude, please send them privately to avoid prompt removal from forums): no thanks
Why YOU should be The Next Sandbox Admin: I'm active on Sandbox, so I'll be fair and ban anyone, whoever breaks rules
A Chuck Norris joke: Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

Last edited by Xorg; 04-13-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:16 PM

In-game Name: [x Omni Vanitas x]
Sex: Male
Favorite admin: ( As in strictly following the rules) Corra. (As in friend) Stig
Pictures of yourself (only if female and attractive) (if nude, please send them privately to avoid prompt removal from forums): -
Why YOU should be The Next Sandbox Admin: I'm very active on sandbox in reference to my timezone, and because it's really annoying to play when people are constantly mid-mapping.
A Chuck Norris joke: Chuck Norris doesn't read books, he just stares them down until he gets the information he wants out of them. When Chuck Norris had surgery, the anesthesia was applied to the doctors.

P.S: @Corra, I know I midmapped once but my bro was playing -.-. I wasn't at home and he told me later.

Last edited by Omni Vanitas; 04-14-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLight View Post
[LIST][*]Pictures of yourself (only if female and attractive) (if nude, please send them privately to avoid prompt removal from forums):

I know, I'm so stupendously hawt.
Yes, but you're also very inconvenient.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
Yes, but you're also very inconvenient.
Hey, if it weren't for me you'd probably be dead from an incoming truck driven by an alien who forgot where his brake was located.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:49 AM

Jokes aside, I'm evaluating formal responses, not "Age: That Later" or "Because I'm RedLight". Edit your posts if you wish. Cheers.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:31 AM

I actually did post in all earnestness below my post. Did you miss it?

Edit: I moved it up to where it should've been in the first place.

Last edited by RedLight; 04-14-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:17 PM

We are missing all the servers
Old 04-17-2012, 04:34 PM

n-game Name: asep| Pacman
Sex: male (i think)
Favorite admin: stig

reason: or i eat you 'C...'

and there is a pic of me !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pacman-1.jpg (14.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-20-2012, 01:07 AM

In-game Name:CL|Bob17
Sex:Male
Favorite admin:Juin and Stig
Pictures of yourself (only if female and attractive) (if nude, please send them privately to avoid prompt removal from forums): last I checked wasn't female
Why YOU should be The Next Sandbox Admin: Because I am active on sandbox, and I believe that I would ban fairly. I also hate noobs that midmap and I'd like to see an end to midmapping altogether.
A Chuck Norris joke: Chuck Norris won American Idol using only sign language
Old 04-21-2012, 05:07 PM

I'd like to ask Juin and Corr to make a decision about a new admin asap. If no admin is around, everyone starts voting a balance (as an example: Stig just left sandbox and the voting begins, so they know who the admins are and when the admins are gone they start voting). Of course the votes always pass, so sandbox really needs an extra european admin. We can't enjoy coop this way.. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-21-2012, 07:31 PM

Why can't we have more than one admin chosen, especially in different time zones?

Last edited by RedLight; 04-21-2012 at 07:33 PM.