Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:58 PM
blln4lyf blln4lyf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I think the best lynch is ballin for today and im gonna vote him. Theres really a high chance he is mafia and if he is it would clear kennedy which means a lot at this moment.
Getting very suspicious that you are indeed mafia with Kennedy. Lots of your statements just don't add up..And you seem to be trying to cover for him and back him too hard. Obviously I want a Kennedy lynch but a lynch on a non cop/test is the next best thing. I'd currently like to propose flexio(again) and Andy. Open to mj's idea of smush as well.

Keep in mind though that this is our last mislynch till we lose, so I'd rather just go straight for Kennedy.
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 05-01-2012, 02:41 PM
andy andy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blln4lyf View Post
Getting very suspicious that you are indeed mafia with Kennedy. Lots of your statements just don't add up..And you seem to be trying to cover for him and back him too hard. Obviously I want a Kennedy lynch but a lynch on a non cop/test is the next best thing. I'd currently like to propose flexio(again) and Andy. Open to mj's idea of smush as well.

Keep in mind though that this is our last mislynch till we lose, so I'd rather just go straight for Kennedy.
How do you know its the last ML?
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 05-01-2012, 03:55 PM
blln4lyf blln4lyf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
How do you know its the last ML?
It's been discussed
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 05-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blln4lyf View Post
It's been discussed
It was vaguely proposed no one has said that it is.

working with the 9/3/1 split would mean it's now a 7/3/1 split. A mislynch and a mafia night kill would take it to 5/3/1 or 6 non mafia to 3 mafia. These are all hypothetical numbers but they are probably in the right ball park and so we are actually pretty far off a ML. You calling this a MYLO is just plain wrong, though I still think you are telling nub town.

I don't support a balln lynch because:

1. He's probably just a mouthy townie
2. If mafia have a power that can mess with reports or if there are sanity issues then we're going to end up lynching our cop.

Personally I think there could well be a framer. Let's say cop A is town and cop B is maf. The maf uses their power on blln to make him appear scum to reports, cop A finds a guilty report, cop B knows he has been framed so files a town report, we lynch blln, then we find he flips town, we then lynch cop A. If we have more two mislynches in a row and no cop we might not have lost the game at that point, but it's pretty much gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

I'm more open to a smush lynch due to lurkyness. I think that if one of the maf is kennedy/SSD, who is all up in town's grill, then at least one more of them is lurking in the shadows. Regardless we've got a while before we need to do anything, so let's just hear everyone's thoughts on the game so far. Lurking is bad for town, so don't do it.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Smushface Smushface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,003
Default

Sorry, I have been lurking. My hearts just not in this game + the Kennedy and SSD play was a really good one and I can't get a great read on it (and its defined this game to date).

I don't think we should lynch Ball'n.

Right now, Ball'n + kennedy + SSD are safe from being killed because it would be stupid as hell for Mafia to kill the primary suspects and give town all that info. Let's get another wave of reports and then decide.

The idea that one of the cops got lawyered is silly.

Out of those that are left, I'm getting town reads from Rib. [Y] isn't being his usual bull dog itself which raises suspicions.

Selfish lover also has done nothing to date.
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 05-02-2012, 12:38 PM
evilarsenal evilarsenal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: in miranda
Posts: 2,403
Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal
Default

even i'm more active holy **** when does that happen, o hi im a zombie now (not really)

im a ghost and im sexing sage's ghost
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 05-02-2012, 10:12 PM
horrordude0215 horrordude0215 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Either in a game of Mafia, or at a Raiders game. Same thing, really.
Posts: 266
Default

Posting is good. Let's try that.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 05-02-2012, 11:29 PM
andy andy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
if we lynch balln strictly off reports what does it really accomplish? assuming we're on opposite sides if he flips town kennedy could just say there's a framer, and if he flips scum then i could just say there's a lawyer.

kennedy what does your role pm say you do, specifically? mine just says i can investigate someone to determine their alignment, and that the results may or may not be accurate. does your role have any other parts?
Since theres not a lot of activity i was reading the thread again and this post looked kinda strange, i overlooked it the first time but now im gonna point out everything about it.
SSD got a report telling him ballin is innocent and Kennedy got one saying ballin is guilty, then SSD says that lynching ballin would give us nothing because in case he is innocent kennedy could claim that there is a framer (seems legit) and in case of ballin flipping mafia then he could say there is a lawyer (this part doesnt make sense).
So basically what you are saying is that if ballin flips mafia there is a lawyer because your investigation showed him innocent but what about kennedy? Wouldnt that make him mafia too from your point of view? Why didnt you point that out? There is the option of kennedy bussing ballin but i dont see that as really useful considering SSD claimed inno before kennedy.

Other stuff to note:
Kennedy still hasnt answered the second part of SSD's post.
Ballin is now on me only because I FOSd him.


My internet will be bad for the next few days but ill try and keep up to date.
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:07 AM
mjolnir416 mjolnir416 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Wouldnt that make him mafia too from your point of view? Why didnt you point that out?
Really? I pretty sure that I can say without a doubt that ssd thinks kennedy is mafia, and vice versa, without either of them having to say it, based on the fact that both claim to have the others role.

The fact is that SSD is right, lynching blln doesn't give us any real info, and was pretty much the reason I didn't want it being said who they were investigating, because if the mafia has anything that ****s with a cop, they didn't need to guess on who to put it on. DDP silently voting to lynch blln looks incredibly scummy to right now.

Id say about all we know right now is that if we lynch a framer, SSD is a fake cop 99% sure, becasue if blln was town he would have been framed, and if hes mafia he would have come up mafia.

Im voting for smush based on gut. If you dont think we should lynch smush, then persuade me. Maybe we can actually get some goddamn discussion going on in this ****ing game.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir416 View Post
Really? I pretty sure that I can say without a doubt that ssd thinks kennedy is mafia, and vice versa, without either of them having to say it, based on the fact that both claim to have the others role.
Wrong, if you read back Kennedy claimed he had the FBI agent or something. I don't know if the wording means anything different.

Looking it up on the mafia scum wiki: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=FBI_Agent

TBH it doesn't seem likely that we would have one of those, though if he is telling the truth it does give us our third party, though it begs the question where the second night kill went (there would be 1 mafia kill and one serial killer kill).

Perhaps Horror just used the name, but the role means something different?

As I've said before I think Kennedy is marginally the scummier of the two, but I've already explained the rationale for not lynching the cops or blln.

My personal FoS right now is Selfish just for the massive lurk, if he'd post some detailed thoughts it would make me feel a lot better about him. I also agree that FU doesn't seem to be his normal hyper-agressive self.

Still two more days left though, so I'm not voting yet in case we get another BW.
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

I've just thought of another lead. The people that are scummy from D1 are those that voted for Sage after he claimed, the mafia would know he wasn't one of them so when he claimed they knew the claim was legit, and would BW that vote to push it through so that they got a D1 tracker lynch.

As far as I can tell the only person that did this was Flexio, who switched and pushed it through, what do you all think?

If we don't lynch him I think we should at least get cop reports on him.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 05-03-2012, 02:56 AM
mjolnir416 mjolnir416 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Wrong, if you read back Kennedy claimed he had the FBI agent or something. I don't know if the wording means anything different.

Looking it up on the mafia scum wiki: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=FBI_Agent

TBH it doesn't seem likely that we would have one of those, though if he is telling the truth it does give us our third party, though it begs the question where the second night kill went (there would be 1 mafia kill and one serial killer kill).

Perhaps Horror just used the name, but the role means something different?

As I've said before I think Kennedy is marginally the scummier of the two, but I've already explained the rationale for not lynching the cops or blln.

My personal FoS right now is Selfish just for the massive lurk, if he'd post some detailed thoughts it would make me feel a lot better about him. I also agree that FU doesn't seem to be his normal hyper-agressive self.

Still two more days left though, so I'm not voting yet in case we get another BW.
Eh, Kennedy specifically claimed cop, and I know kennedy is not a noob that would mistake what his role does for something else. So when kennedy says im cop, and ssd for that matter, to me it means both of them claim a role where they investigate someone and get a guilty or inno report depending on their alignment.

I hate how kennedy was like hey my role is specifically called fbi agent and then hasn't said anything since though. :/

Just because there was only 1 kill last night doesn't mean there isnt a killer though, they, or the maf, could have come up against a protected player, so can't rule it out. But baring further clarification from kennedy that his actual role IS only to find a killer, im going to assume otherwise based on his claim.

As for selfish, iirc, thats pretty much how he has played in previous games as town, so it isnt doing anything other than pissing me off currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
I've just thought of another lead. The people that are scummy from D1 are those that voted for Sage after he claimed, the mafia would know he wasn't one of them so when he claimed they knew the claim was legit, and would BW that vote to push it through so that they got a D1 tracker lynch.

As far as I can tell the only person that did this was Flexio, who switched and pushed it through, what do you all think?

If we don't lynch him I think we should at least get cop reports on him.
I didn't like it, but theres no way to tell if it was a scum move or just a town going, we need to lynch someone and while hes claimed tracker, it could just be a maf move trying to save their skin. Hell, there was no way of knowing if we even had a tracker.
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 05-03-2012, 03:52 AM
Kennedy Kennedy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: On scum's trail
Posts: 969
Default

Hey guys I'm really sorry about my inactivity. **** has been crazy busy yo.

My role is the Town FBI Agent. I've confirmed with Horror that I cannot post my role PM, but it makes no mention of Serial Killer; the way the role is described is what I would expect a cop role PM to be, so I think this was Horror's way of having two cops in the game who don't directly CC each other.

Right now I think one of us has a sanity issue. SSD's play this game is way different from how it's been in the past; he's much more passive and reasonable and appears to be worried about ****ing up, which imo are towntells based on his typical scum aggression.

I don't really want to lynch Balln. I think cops probably shouldn't have claimed until later, and I find it really unlikely that we'd have two sane cops and a tracker - it's also pretty unlikely that we'd have both a cop and a tracker without there being some kind of twist - that's a really powerful combination - and I think the sanity issue is that twist.

I specifically want to hear a lot from FU right now, particularly regarding his reads on everybody. He had a good point that I'd be unlikely to sacrifice myself to lynch Balln, but hasn't really followed it up with much more.
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:02 AM
sunshineduck sunshineduck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: just look at how I usually talk online. Structured sentences, passion for logic, more or less correc
Posts: 3,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
if we lynch balln strictly off reports what does it really accomplish? assuming we're on opposite sides if he flips town kennedy could just say there's a framer, and if he flips scum then i could just say there's a lawyer.

kennedy what does your role pm say you do, specifically? mine just says i can investigate someone to determine their alignment, and that the results may or may not be accurate. does your role have any other parts?
italicbolds

it's inconsequential atm. i was merely pointing out that lynching balln does not actually tell us anything about my alignment or kennedy's alignment, regardless of who i think is mafia or who he thinks is mafia. therefore it's silly to want to lynch balln in order to attempt to get said information about my and kennedy's alignments.

i've been pretty passive because honestly i just can't really be assed to properly run through all the possible scenarios in my head. i guess i didn't really think through what a closed setup would mean, and it's throwing me off my game severely. all i know is that if i had to vote, i'd want to lynch DDP.

boldchars

Last edited by sunshineduck; 05-05-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM
blln4lyf blln4lyf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
I've just thought of another lead. The people that are scummy from D1 are those that voted for Sage after he claimed, the mafia would know he wasn't one of them so when he claimed they knew the claim was legit, and would BW that vote to push it through so that they got a D1 tracker lynch.

As far as I can tell the only person that did this was Flexio, who switched and pushed it through, what do you all think?

If we don't lynch him I think we should at least get cop reports on him.
You already know I think he's mafia, this could be another clue saying he is. I might change my vote later but as of know I'd still vote flexio.
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 05-03-2012, 10:32 PM
[Y] [Y] is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The mafia hideout.
Posts: 3,254
Default

Null tell on DDP, who is playing the expected reserved early game. Andy is scummy as usual but it's the weird, pro-town kind of scummy we've seen in the past. Balln is noob-towntelling. Normal towntells from MJ. And nothing for the absentee Selfish Lover and Smushface.

Now it gets interesting.

After the wifom fodder that were the cop claims, we have this post by Kennedy. The relevant line is:
Quote:
Flexio is playing his normal pro-town game where he gives a lot of suggestions, but I don't recall seeing him play mafia so I'm not ready to out a read on him. I do think you all underestimate his skill a lot though, and I'd caution you against both ignoring his reads and taking him too closely at face value.
Until this point, all Flexio had done was react to DDP's push (reaction seemed forced) and then ask if roles are revealed on death. So what are these suggestions Kennedy is referring to? Could be an early game advocacy of a mafia partner, or could be Kennedy on drugs.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 05-03-2012, 10:41 PM
[Y] [Y] is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The mafia hideout.
Posts: 3,254
Default

Disregard the above accidental unfinished post. More to follow.
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 05-03-2012, 11:28 PM
[Y] [Y] is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The mafia hideout.
Posts: 3,254
Default

Null tell on DDP, who is playing the expected reserved early game. Andy is scummy as usual but it's the weird, pro-town kind of scummy we've seen in the past. Balln is noob-towntelling. Normal towntells from MJ. And nothing for the absentee Selfish Lover and Smushface.

Now it gets interesting.

First of all, Rib the towntell generator. All of his posts have seemed pro-town, until that D2 post. His reasoning for not lynching balln is shaky at best (as opposed to that of SSD), and his reasoning for not lynching a cop is bad. First of all, it's just silly to not lynch a cop just because we might lynch wrong. Second, as long as they're in the open they can't do much to manipulate town, we should farm "legitimate" reports until we lynch a cop at lylo? What about that framer you say you personally believe to exist? Or the potential godfather? Miller? Could be a tell, but will give him benefit of the doubt for now.

After the wifom fodder that were the cop claims, we have this post by Kennedy. The relevant line is:
Quote:
Flexio is playing his normal pro-town game where he gives a lot of suggestions, but I don't recall seeing him play mafia so I'm not ready to out a read on him. I do think you all underestimate his skill a lot though, and I'd caution you against both ignoring his reads and taking him too closely at face value.
Until this point, all Flexio had done was react to DDP's push (reaction seemed forced) and then ask if roles are revealed on death. So what are these suggestions Kennedy is referring to? Most likely an early, safe advocacy of a mafia partner.

Then I suggested cops check the same person. Kennedy jumped on the idea and SSD passively went along with his suggestion. Surely Kennedy, being as experienced as he is, would have thought of report modifiers and how stupid it was to broadcast cop checks to the mafia. MJ even posted about it, but the objections never came. After that, I had hoped one of them, realizing this, would check someone besides balln, but nope. So we end up with two useless reports on a noob-telling player.

We lynch a cop. I'm voting Kennedy.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 05-03-2012, 11:36 PM
andy andy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,967
Default

I think i missed the part where they both agree to investigate ballin. Can someone point it out to me, it would be a huge deal since no cop should out who they investigate that night especially in a closed setup.
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Kennedy Kennedy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: On scum's trail
Posts: 969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post

After the wifom fodder that were the cop claims, we have this post by Kennedy. The relevant line is:
Until this point, all Flexio had done was react to DDP's push (reaction seemed forced) and then ask if roles are revealed on death. So what are these suggestions Kennedy is referring to? Most likely an early, safe advocacy of a mafia partner.
I present to you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexio View Post
This post indicates roles were assigned randomly, which obviously makes it possible for you and Kennedy to be on the same team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexio View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
are we supposed to lynch today? we can vote NL right?
Yes, as mentioned here

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrordude0215 View Post
Oh, and you're allowed to vote not to lynch anyone. That is acceptable.
It was early in the game. That was protown and helpful enough for me to characterize it as such. You're trying to push scum partners because I outed early reads? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
Then I suggested cops check the same person. Kennedy jumped on the idea and SSD passively went along with his suggestion. Surely Kennedy, being as experienced as he is, would have thought of report modifiers and how stupid it was to broadcast cop checks to the mafia. MJ even posted about it, but the objections never came. After that, I had hoped one of them, realizing this, would check someone besides balln, but nope. So we end up with two useless reports on a noob-telling player.
Report modifiers are completely irrelevant. the purpose of investigating the same person was to ascertain sanity - a report modifier would still give an insane/sane cop opposite results.

Fu, you softpushed me earlier and then seemed surprised when I reacted to it, saying it was just pressure. Now you're pushing me based on outing early reads and a line of thought regarding report modifiers based on a presumption of me putting any value into the objective results rather than the comparison between mine and SSD's. I was trying to ascertain sanity, and I find it highly unlikely that we'd have both report modifiers and sanity issues with investigative roles. If report modifiers were in play then SSD and I would have gotten the same report on Balln, and we would gain just as much information from that as we would from having opposite reports.

This is beneath you.

Last edited by Kennedy; 05-04-2012 at 12:50 AM. Reason: ****ed up a quote
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 05-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Actually Kennedy you're wrong, I explained it here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Personally I think there could well be a framer. Let's say cop A is town and cop B is maf. The maf uses their power on blln to make him appear scum to reports, cop A finds a guilty report, cop B knows he has been framed so files a town report, we lynch blln, then we find he flips town, we then lynch cop A.
The point is that if a framer were to mess with reports then the mafia cop would have knowledge of this and would adjust what he said accordingly. All we've found out from the blln thing is that you cannot both be town standard cops.

FU I don't think my logic for not lynching between cops is bad. We can still get legitimate reports because once we find the real cop we will know which one is telling the truth, if it turns out that Kennedy is the real cop and SSD is mafia then we know for sure that mafia has a framer (or blln is miller). I don't think it's a sensible decision to lose another power role this early.

Also this is my logic for not lynching blln:

I think he's town
His death doesn't really tell us anything about the cop reports bearing in mind how maf could mess with them (quoted above).

What's faulty about that?

The more I look at what people have highlighted about him, his lack of recent posting and the late vote switch to push the Sage lynch after he'd claimed; the more I think Flexio would be a good lynch, we can also then look at the link between him and Kennedy, if Flex is maf then I think Kennedy is a pretty safe bet for a lynch.
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:06 AM
mjolnir416 mjolnir416 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
if it turns out that Kennedy is the real cop and SSD is mafia then we know for sure that mafia has a framer (or blln is miller).
Or blln is maf...

Kennedy(bolded to make sure I get your attention), explain how checking the same person would be an accurate sanity checker? Also answer my question on your theories of evil that you had before he was killed.
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 05-04-2012, 07:05 AM
horrordude0215 horrordude0215 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Either in a game of Mafia, or at a Raiders game. Same thing, really.
Posts: 266
Default

Kennedy, I know you were probably just fixing the quote tags like you put in your post, but PLEASE no editing. Make a new post explaining everything and it'll be just the same.
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 05-04-2012, 07:10 AM
horrordude0215 horrordude0215 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Either in a game of Mafia, or at a Raiders game. Same thing, really.
Posts: 266
Default

So everyone knows, I probably won't be on when deadline hits on Saturday morning, as my little brother has an all day karate tournament that we're going to. I'll post the flip and death scene Saturday night, but rest assured that no votes will be counted after the deadline. Discussion can continue during twilight (the period between a lynch/no lynch and when the mod posts the flip and death scene).
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Smushface Smushface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,003
Default

I think Kennedy's claim is fake.

I'm getting town reads from Ball'n, he's new and if he was mafia, he wouldn't be putting himself out with jokes and stuff to draw attention to himself, it's too hard to fake being nonchalant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blln4lyf View Post
Damn u weren't lying, in retrospect it would of been better if a simple townie went but you know you weren't my first option just knew me going wasn't good either. Also of this is posting about the game I'm sorry, not sure if this post is considered posting bout game since its discussing the lynch not futher actions.

That said, I just ate subway.
Furthermore, there has to only be one investigative role, otherwise this setup would be very town-favored.

SSD's argument from page 5 still stands:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
i'm assuming you, like, read this thread right?

i mean it's cool that you're being pushy since you play pushy and all, but you're literally just constantly asking questions that have already been answered long before the lynch was going through.

if you want me to spell it out:

kennedy is my direct cc. fmpov either there is more than one cop or he is mafia. obviously i should plan for the latter scenario, since assuming he is town would be pretty silly play. i had found it fishy that he had so readily agreed to switch from sage only to have sage immediately claim, so i went with the gut lynch. if you want to know why sage and balln were the original two people being put up for lynch, try reading the goddamn thread.
Both players did say that they were going to investigate who didn't get lynchd between Ball'n and Sage. So why the two different outcomes.

We either have:
1) One of them is mafia and lying
2) One of them got lawyered or is insane (I don't really understand the "insane" role).

The way lawyer usually works is that you lawyer for the person that's being investigated, NOT the other way around (because it would be very underpowered, it would require the mafia to know who the cop was and then target that specific person, it would be an almost useless role). AKA it would make sense if they both got guilty reads on Ball'n but it doesn't make sense that they got different results so Kennedy's guilty on Ball'n makes 0 sense.

Plus, we don't even know if a laywer role exists in this setup.

I think Ball'n is innocent and Kennedy is playing us. Another way to think about is, if Kennedy was mafia, this would be a very ballsy kennedy-esque move but if he was a cop, this move makes no sense. It's not well thought out, it's not logical, and it doesn't abide by standard rules of the game.

I also bought FU's argument earlier on this page. It was a good one.

Don't lynch Ball'n. I think we need to decide between Kennedy and Flexio and I'm leaning heavily towards Kennedy.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Are you all unable to understand this (can't be bothered to embed quote):

"Personally I think there could well be a framer. Let's say cop A is town and cop B is maf. The maf uses their power on blln to make him appear scum to reports, cop A finds a guilty report, cop B knows he has been framed so files a town report, we lynch blln, then we find he flips town, we then lynch cop A."

The reason a lawyer/framer role could **** with the cops is that if one of the cops is mafia then they will know that person is getting lawyered/framed and therefore they will know their real alignment so they can manufacture their report accordingly.

Smush:
"I think Ball'n is innocent and Kennedy is playing us. Another way to think about is, if Kennedy was mafia, this would be a very ballsy kennedy-esque move but if he was a cop, this move makes no sense. It's not well thought out, it's not logical, and it doesn't abide by standard rules of the game."

Can't you apply this same argument to SSD? I think Kennedy is the scummier of the two, but that right there is poor logic.

What I don't understand is what you hope to gain from lynching between cops today rather than, say, tomorrow? They can't influence us if we are suspicious of both of them. We should lynch between them when we are surer, or if we think we might be close to a LYLO situation and we need a hit. Personally I think it's better that we make an informed decision with a high risk lynch and Flexio is a safer option. I'm just wary that we've managed to lynch our own tracker already and the mafia are the only people who know the real cop, so they are the ones able to influence our choice between them and so, all other things being equal, we're probably going to end up lynching the town cop.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Regardless, I think FU is town telling hard in that last post (well, he's playing like normal anyway), and I might not be able to get back on in between now and the deadline, so I'm voting in line with my current thoughts. After all he's done you haven't yet convinced me that Flexio's not scummy.
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Smushface Smushface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,003
Default

Ah, I got it now. I just don't really see the reason for the Flexio lynch yet.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:46 PM
mjolnir416 mjolnir416 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 353
Default

I maintain and reiterate my belief of smush's guilt. That post was just wow. Seemingly all well thought out and logical, but he just completely ignores the flip side of the coin and just dismisses a possibility that doesnt, supposedly, understand. And then, Rib straight forwardly shows him the flip side and gives him a very logical reason to NOT LYNCH BETWEEN THE COPS TODAY and he just dismisses it off hand with a rather stupid statement. There are rather good reasons to support a lynch of flexio, the fact that hes lurking super hard and has he even said anything at all today? But I don't currently think thats enough, when imo, shush is just radiating scum atm.
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Smushface Smushface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir416 View Post
I maintain and reiterate my belief of smush's guilt. That post was just wow. Seemingly all well thought out and logical, but he just completely ignores the flip side of the coin and just dismisses a possibility that doesnt, supposedly, understand. And then, Rib straight forwardly shows him the flip side and gives him a very logical reason to NOT LYNCH BETWEEN THE COPS TODAY and he just dismisses it off hand with a rather stupid statement. There are rather good reasons to support a lynch of flexio, the fact that hes lurking super hard and has he even said anything at all today? But I don't currently think thats enough, when imo, shush is just radiating scum atm.
I posted an idea that I thought made sense, Ribilla poked a hole in it, I accepted the hole. Scummy?

But yea, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic&ob=av2n

@Rib, I understand your reasoning, I'm just leaning towards Kennedy over SSD. No one else has really been pushing Kennedy other than FU and I think he's town too, so your point of mafia influence isn't really relevant at this point. If it comes to flexio or ball'n though, I'll switch to flexio.

Also Kennedy has already been hedgin his bets on this claim, leaving himself a way out. Could be legit, I think he's trying to have his cake and eat it too.
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old 05-05-2012, 02:40 AM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Back, drunkn,m Please post in the voting thread if you haven't already. These lynches are the only chnaces we have to kill mafia please don't waste themm we hardly have any votews.
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 05-05-2012, 06:13 AM
mjolnir416 mjolnir416 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
I posted an idea that I thought made sense, Ribilla poked a hole in it, I accepted the hole. Scummy?
So, you had an idea, made a vote based on said idea, and then had all kinds of holes poked into your idea that it looks like swiss cheese and yet, you havent changed your vote. Seems legit.

Why does it feel like Im playing a game with just rib...

Talk more people, we are down to about 12 hours left and theres been like no discussion on what we are going to do.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Flexio Flexio is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 516
Default

If we want to have lynches happen, we must congregate around one person and focus our votes. We need six to lynch and currently the votes are spread out among four people, with 1-2 on each. I think people who start a lynch on somebody should have a more aggressive case in order to convince more people. We need to work together to have lynches happen.

Anyway, I still think we should lynch Ball'n. The only reason I changed on D1 was to not waste the ML by not having enough votes on one person. I already explained that, and I still felt Ball'n was the best choice. My suspicion remains on him and I will vote accordingly, even though it appears there won't be a majority. I also apologize for lurking the past few days.
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:47 PM
mjolnir416 mjolnir416 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexio View Post
I think people who start a lynch on somebody should have a more aggressive case in order to convince more people. We need to work together to have lynches happen.
No, what we need is more people to be active so we can get a discussion going. In the week we had for this day we have had about 60 posts. Thats not even 10 a day, and we have 11 people alive. And ****, some of those were from Horror and evil.

We have 15 minutes left and SSD, Kennedy, and Selfish have yet to vote, and selfish has yet to speak today.
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:58 PM
andy andy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,967
Default

I really dont see any strong argument against a ballin lynch at the moment, all the other proposed lynches are about feelings too, so ill stick with my day 1 feeling about him. I could switch if you guys all want to go on selfish since he is inactive and is not bringing anything.
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 05-05-2012, 06:36 PM
sunshineduck sunshineduck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: just look at how I usually talk online. Structured sentences, passion for logic, more or less correc
Posts: 3,880
Default

oh i didn't realize that the deadline was today :|

whatever, i'm ok with an NL as opposed to lynching balln. not sold on a flexio lynch.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 05-05-2012, 07:46 PM
blln4lyf blln4lyf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
oh i didn't realize that the deadline was today :|

whatever, i'm ok with an NL as opposed to lynching balln. not sold on a flexio lynch.
May I ask why not? Who are you willing to lynch then? It seems like a NL hurts our chances and Kennedy and Flexio are my 2 best bets. Anyone that ignores the fact that lynching me can potentially determine nothing about the cops and wants to still lynch me has a higher chance of being town imo because it isn't the smart play. At the same time though, we have only 13 people in this game. What are the chances of there actually being this "lawyer" or "scrambler" or whatever it is. I think Kennedy is just straight up lying because he is scum and I know a lot of you are leaning towards that but think its too risky to vote him off. I think FU summed up the whole Flexio thing pretty well, and it does fit that Flexio and Kennedy are both scum since Kennedy backed Flexio when he had provided nothing to the game, and up until this point still hasn't.

I don't think Smush is maf as I strongly think Kennedy is and he wouldn't be suggesting a Kennedy lynch if that was the case. On top of that since I already claimed I can just say that if Smush was maf then he wouldn't be opposed to lynching me because he'd know I was town, and since he isn't aiming for me I just can't see it. I also don't think he thought there was any holes in his post. MJ, I'd suggest you switch to Kennedy or Flexio and then we take it from there.

Andy, as for selfish, its really impossible to know anything because he is completely inactive. However if he is not going to vote or participate, hes really of no use.
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 05-05-2012, 08:00 PM
sunshineduck sunshineduck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: just look at how I usually talk online. Structured sentences, passion for logic, more or less correc
Posts: 3,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
italicbolds

it's inconsequential atm. i was merely pointing out that lynching balln does not actually tell us anything about my alignment or kennedy's alignment, regardless of who i think is mafia or who he thinks is mafia. therefore it's silly to want to lynch balln in order to attempt to get said information about my and kennedy's alignments.

i've been pretty passive because honestly i just can't really be assed to properly run through all the possible scenarios in my head. i guess i didn't really think through what a closed setup would mean, and it's throwing me off my game severely. all i know is that if i had to vote, i'd want to lynch DDP.
bold chars
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 05-05-2012, 10:10 PM
mjolnir416 mjolnir416 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blln4lyf View Post
May I ask why not? Who are you willing to lynch then? It seems like a NL hurts our chances and Kennedy and Flexio are my 2 best bets. Anyone that ignores the fact that lynching me can potentially determine nothing about the cops and wants to still lynch me has a higher chance of being town imo because it isn't the smart play. At the same time though, we have only 13 people in this game. What are the chances of there actually being this "lawyer" or "scrambler" or whatever it is. I think Kennedy is just straight up lying because he is scum and I know a lot of you are leaning towards that but think its too risky to vote him off. I think FU summed up the whole Flexio thing pretty well, and it does fit that Flexio and Kennedy are both scum since Kennedy backed Flexio when he had provided nothing to the game, and up until this point still hasn't.

I don't think Smush is maf as I strongly think Kennedy is and he wouldn't be suggesting a Kennedy lynch if that was the case. On top of that since I already claimed I can just say that if Smush was maf then he wouldn't be opposed to lynching me because he'd know I was town, and since he isn't aiming for me I just can't see it. I also don't think he thought there was any holes in his post. MJ, I'd suggest you switch to Kennedy or Flexio and then we take it from there.

Andy, as for selfish, its really impossible to know anything because he is completely inactive. However if he is not going to vote or participate, hes really of no use.
Oh hey, welcome to the party. Its such a shame that your post is full of nonsense and you are trying to organize a lynch an hour and 45 minutes past the deadline. But welcome anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 05-05-2012, 10:13 PM
mjolnir416 mjolnir416 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 353
Default

So, I would like the cops to investigate people WITHOUT telling us who, and then in the morning, I want Kennedy to say his report first, since ssd went first this time. That is assuming both of you dont get modkilled for not voting along with the assumed forthcoming modkill of selfish for not participating at all in this day period.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mafia In Hell, Michigan VOTING Thread. horrordude0215 Mafia 92 07-24-2012 04:52 PM
Mafia in Hell, Michigan SIGNUPS horrordude0215 Mafia 32 04-17-2012 08:22 AM
Killer Gnomes from Hell Killer Gnomes From Hell Clan Organization 46 02-18-2011 12:05 PM
Killer Gnomes from Hell MoxyCrimefighter Clan Organization 80 11-28-2010 05:00 PM
Mafia Sean Mafia 9 08-06-2010 07:26 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2008 Nimbly Games LLC