Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > The Water Cooler

The Water Cooler Discuss unrelated topics. Keep it clean. Keep it nice.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 08-31-2011, 11:41 PM
leggomyeggo leggomyeggo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg
Posts: 2,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
I actually agree with SSD. Nickelback are popular because they are good, what else can you judge music on. At the end of the day music is just a bunch of sounds thrown together, what right does anyone have to say that one particular bunch of sounds are better than another?! Music is entirely subjective and therefore the best judge of how 'good' something is, is popularity.
So, your basically saying that people who don't like the popular songs are wrong and their music is bad?
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 08-31-2011, 11:43 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggomyeggo View Post
So, your basically saying that people who don't like the popular songs are wrong and their music is bad?
This is correct. CONFORM. Also nickelback are really great, I'm listening to them right now. "Just actin' like we're animals". There's a lot of hidden meaning in their songs too.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 09-01-2011, 12:21 AM
leggomyeggo leggomyeggo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg
Posts: 2,678
Default

I don't even.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 09-01-2011, 12:46 AM
sunshineduck sunshineduck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.
Posts: 4,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.Vesuvius View Post
You were reading too much into my post. I never said I wasn't taking you seriously. You had said that the top 10 hits are hits for a reason. That's generally true because the media feeds people garbage pop music, because yes most pop songs are garbage, and they just eat it up IMO
there are thousands of bands out there trying to write the perfect rock songs that will sell like crazy, and nobody is doing it as well as nickelback. how can't you see that = talent?

i'm sure there are people out there that are better at their instruments then nickelback, but they sure as hell can't write hooks as catchy, or songs as rockin, else they'd be selling more albums.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 09-01-2011, 12:46 AM
sunshineduck sunshineduck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.
Posts: 4,057
Default

FACT: 99% of people who don't like Nickelback are just jealous of their success.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 09-01-2011, 12:51 AM
DMCM DMCM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,049
Default

Talent = actually writing meaningful music, not commercial bullcrap.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 09-01-2011, 12:58 AM
DMCM DMCM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,049
Default

And Nickelback sound terrible anyway.

Their singer sounds like someone his constantly squeezing his balls.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 09-01-2011, 01:14 AM
sunshineduck sunshineduck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.
Posts: 4,057
Default

ever notice how nickelback haters can never actually come up with a musical argument regarding what makes nickelback bad? you know why? because they can't. it's always just "they're terrible" "they're the worst" "they're music is so boring". well guess what, I'm talking about why Nickelbacks success worked. you're not gonna target everyone of course. 20 million people however is still a big number. and if you're a guy in a band and want to make a living making rock music, you should follow there teachings over, say, some piece of crap band like the mars volta.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 09-01-2011, 01:19 AM
leggomyeggo leggomyeggo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg
Posts: 2,678
Default

I just plain don't like their music. I don't care about them selling out or anything.

But, according to rib the fact that I don't like nickelback makes me wrong, so... :elixirface:
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 09-01-2011, 01:54 AM
Boko Boko is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cocation
Posts: 1,392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
I actually agree with SSD. Nickelback are popular because they are good, what else can you judge music on. At the end of the day music is just a bunch of sounds thrown together, what right does anyone have to say that one particular bunch of sounds are better than another?! Music is entirely subjective and therefore the best judge of how 'good' something is, is popularity.
You should realize that some people hate people. This and the fact that taste in music indeed is subjective relates to what vesuvius said.



p.s Please refrain from commenting negatively on people's taste or going too deep into a discussion because I'd hate to see this topic get locked. It's quite interesting actually.

Last edited by Boko; 09-01-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 09-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Ajuk999 Ajuk999 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 3,822
Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999
Default

Gawd, this community is so immature. :|
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 09-01-2011, 03:04 AM
Hoss Delgado Hoss Delgado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia....the good one.
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.Vesuvius View Post
You were reading too much into my post. I never said I wasn't taking you seriously. You had said that the top 10 hits are hits for a reason. That's generally true because the media feeds people garbage pop music, because yes most pop songs are garbage, and they just eat it up IMO
+1, well said friend, well said
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 09-01-2011, 03:09 AM
Smushface Smushface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,004
Default

dude ssd is trolling.

sorry ssd, i just couldn't take it anymore brah.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 09-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Eto'o Eto'o is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Italy GMT +2
Posts: 378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegunner View Post
I had a Fall Out Boy phase
Blink 182
What did you drink this morning
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 09-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
dude ssd is trolling.

sorry ssd, i just couldn't take it anymore brah.
You're a bigger buzz kill than Buzz Killington.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Nitevox Nitevox is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13
Default

Latest album by David Guetta, what do you all think of that? I really like it.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 09-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitevox View Post
Latest album by David Guetta, what do you all think of that? I really like it.


Daivd Guetta just puts the same monotonous bass behind every track. It's like listening to one of those awful "Hardcore dance remix 3" albums, where they just dub a bass on existing songs.

No more idols, now that's an accessible, but decent, album.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 09-01-2011, 11:37 AM
DMCM DMCM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,049
Default

You guys really need some musical education.


here are 5 classic albums of different genres that every person should listen to (not including soul, jazz, etc. because I'm far from an expert on those):

The Beatles - Abbey Road
Pink floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
The Clash - London Calling
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
The Velvet Underground - The Vevet Underground & Nico



Seriosuly, these albums are famous because they really are masterpieces and changed music. not telling you what to do, but you should listen to those.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 09-01-2011, 11:55 AM
DMCM DMCM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,049
Default

And btw I'm talking about music as an art.

If we discuss music as a business, sure, Nickelback are successful and by all means you should try to be like them and make a ton of money.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 09-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Eto'o Eto'o is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Italy GMT +2
Posts: 378
Default

you are right dm but u didnt remember bob

Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 09-01-2011, 08:04 PM
(5) THE MARVEL
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

-Mulan - Ill make a man out of you (it might seem noobish, but this song really rocks)
-Monk theme song
-The indiana jones theme
-The mum song by Anita Renfroe
-Cars 2 music
-European anthem hymn
-The Beatles
-Black peas - i gotta feeling (that tonight's gonna be a good night...)

Last edited by (5) THE MARVEL; 09-01-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 09-01-2011, 08:20 PM
sunshineduck sunshineduck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.
Posts: 4,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggomyeggo View Post
I just plain don't like their music. I don't care about them selling out or anything.

But, according to rib the fact that I don't like nickelback makes me wrong, so... :elixirface:
yup, like every nickelback hater. not educated enough to put into words why they don't like them, but completely self righteous in their beliefs.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 09-01-2011, 08:23 PM
leggomyeggo leggomyeggo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg
Posts: 2,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
yup, like every nickelback hater. not educated enough to put into words why they don't like them, but completely self righteous in their beliefs.
wut. I'm saying I just don't like the way their music sounds. And seeing as how music is subjective, I should be able to like what I like and dislike what i dislike.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 09-01-2011, 08:51 PM
sunshineduck sunshineduck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.
Posts: 4,057
Default

you're supposed to say something about why nickelback has no talent so i can copypasta the really good troll stuff, not be all nice and logical and ****

come on leggo lrn2betrolled
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 09-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
come on leggo lrn2betrolled
Please do, I want to hear the good stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 09-01-2011, 08:59 PM
leggomyeggo leggomyeggo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg
Posts: 2,678
Default

But they really do have no talent >__>
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:35 PM
sunshineduck sunshineduck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.
Posts: 4,057
Default

Of course, I'm trying to put this in a way where you ACTUALLY take this seriously. nickelback and bands like linkin park are WICKED to listen to whilst driving in your car. you feel invincible. but when a guy feels invicible , the first thing on his mind is gettin head. if it's not, you most likely play in a band like pavement, and band that will NEVER achieve the stardom they want, because they aren't following the structure of a top 40 song, which is basically following the structure of a human beings mind.
if everyone in the world followed THAT structure, everyone would get along. they'red be no wars, no crime, everyone could just chill and rock out. and i'm not saying you guys are bad people, i'm just saying, look at this thread...your'e all tearing into me (well, most of you)
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:46 PM
leggomyeggo leggomyeggo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg
Posts: 2,678
Default

Nickelback is just a horrible band. Plain and simple. Most of their songs sound nearly identical, because they have no musical talent or creativity. Just because you can play some power chords does not make you a good guitar player. Just because you can write sappy love songs with almost the same melody for every song does not make you a good songwriter. This band is like cyanide for my ears, and it is very hard for me to understand what people hear in their music. Maybe they had one or two catchy little hits, but next time really listen to what they are playing and compare it to a band such as, The Strokes. Tell me what sounds better and more creative. If you say Nickelback, then you are entitled to your opinion of course, but I feel very sorry for you, because you will never learn to appreciate actual talented musical expression. I'm not saying stop listening to Nickelback if you really like them, im simply saying expand your musical horizon. There is better, more thought provoking stuff out there.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Mt.Vesuvius Mt.Vesuvius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: If anyone asks, Tmic isnt my pimp..
Posts: 2,475
Default

Pavement is good.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 09-01-2011, 10:05 PM
stevemp12 stevemp12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 152
Default

pavement never wanted to be famous
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 09-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Mt.Vesuvius Mt.Vesuvius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: If anyone asks, Tmic isnt my pimp..
Posts: 2,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemp12 View Post
pavement never wanted to be famous
You gotta watch some of their live performances on late night shows from back in the day.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 09-02-2011, 03:06 AM
Boko Boko is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cocation
Posts: 1,392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
because they aren't following the structure of a top 40 song, which is basically following the structure of a human beings mind.
if everyone in the world followed THAT structure, everyone would get along. they'red be no wars, no crime, everyone could just chill and rock out
This cracks me up.

If troll: gj
If not: what are you smoking? I'll have some.

Edit: nah nah you're smoking stuff, gief some plx

Edit2: Also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leggomyeggo View Post
So, your basically saying that people who don't like the popular songs are wrong and their music is bad?
This is correct. CONFORM. Also nickelback are really great, I'm listening to them right now. "Just actin' like we're animals". There's a lot of hidden meaning in their songs too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Daivd Guetta just puts the same monotonous bass behind every track. It's like listening to one of those awful "Hardcore dance remix 3" albums, where they just dub a bass on existing songs.
lol

Last edited by Boko; 09-02-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 09-02-2011, 05:30 AM
Void Void is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post


Daivd Guetta just puts the same monotonous bass behind every track. It's like listening to one of those awful "Hardcore dance remix 3" albums, where they just dub a bass on existing songs.

No more idols, now that's an accessible, but decent, album.
Okey i was cool with a couple Guetta songs here n there but then i started realizing all his songs sound the same, also i've noticed the latest trend being almost every rapper/rnb artists are doing songs with him, i bet 2 years ago none of these artists even knew who Guetta was.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 09-02-2011, 09:19 AM
idk idk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 120
Default

Any reggae roots fans around?

My favorite is Groundation but I also listen a lot to Kultiration, Svenska akademien, Ijahman, Midnite and Damian marley
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 09-02-2011, 06:59 PM
acegunner acegunner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 374
Default

@Kuja who hasnt heard of Mac Miller. And if by any chance u heavent, do u live in a box?
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 09-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Demuyt Demuyt is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bath, UK
Posts: 3,427
Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt
Default

The Velvet Underground & Nico so gooood <3
__________________
"thats not wut jk means "olld timer" jk means joking" - from $WN Fillichio KGB and tgleaf, Rhetoric Master Classes, 2010 Edition
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 09-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Eto'o Eto'o is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Italy GMT +2
Posts: 378
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAfFfqiYLp0&ob=av2e
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 09-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Demuyt Demuyt is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bath, UK
Posts: 3,427
Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt
Default

For void

Skrillex: Kill Everybody

Flux Pavilion: Bass Cannon
__________________
"thats not wut jk means "olld timer" jk means joking" - from $WN Fillichio KGB and tgleaf, Rhetoric Master Classes, 2010 Edition
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 09-20-2011, 09:38 PM
strato strato is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: shufflin'shufflin'shufflin'shufflin'
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demuyt View Post
continuing the dubstep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7RKOP87tt4
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 09-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Proper step

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef4YgZjbZVY
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2008 Nimbly Games LLC