Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:10 AM

Default Suggestion on publicity

I remember when this game was free to play for the weekend about a year ago,i played for about 6 hours and i really liked it but i did not have the funds to buy it so i did not.I just now bought the game and entered to see only about 20-30 people playing ;/.I do not know if there is still admins browsing this forum but if there is please consider this suggestion because i think that it would really bring a lot of players.I really doubt that this game brings you more than 50-100$ a month so why not place it free-to-play?Make a few new planes as DLC's that each cost 2.5$-5$ that you can buy from the steam store and put the game free-to-play.It will quickly get 300-600 players and some of them who like the game will start buying the DLC's.Don't make any of the dlc planes too overpowered though,this way the game wont become a pay-to-win.I think that this would really workout but it obviously will need a few days of work to create the few DLC's and to organise a free-to-play release date with steam.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:25 PM

I dont think this would work. More people would still play it but, the developers would loose money so they probably wouldnt do it. And this game doesnt get publicized so no one would know about this game free or not free. Its a good idea but i dont think it will catch on
Old 10-23-2013, 05:57 AM

Technically it currently is a f2p since with the demo account you get to play with only some of the perks. If you buy the full game, you get the rest.
Thus, if the game was marketed as f2p, it would practically be pay-to-win.

http://nimblygames.com/wiki/index.ph...mo_Information

Another type of f2p concept could work tho. Just like with any other f2p games, you'd have to farm ridiculous amounts of xp to unlock new perks. You'd unlock the 5 red perks, 1 blue and 2 green perks just as you would normally do and after that, you could unlock any perk you wanted with a set amount of xp. You'd reach level 60 by the time you'd get that xp.
Buying the game would make you gain perks as you normally do.
Imagine alti perks as 6300 ip League of Legends heroes.

-J
Old 10-24-2013, 09:04 PM

The devs have moved on with their lives, I doubt any big changes are in store for Altitude. New players are much appreciated, but they're few and far between. It's up to us to keep it alive.

That said, I do think another Steam sale would help expand our community a bit. Spending some cash to lightly advertise might bring in new players and returned revenue, but it is a risk.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:12 PM

Since the devs have moved on with their lives, can they at least pass the game to people that have time and passion to pour into it? I don't know who that would be, but I'm sure someone in the community would be willing. Just my thought.