Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:23 PM

Default Acid kill/assist

I have seen times before where an enemy is hit by acid, gets fired upon by another plane, and then the original acid shot applies the final damage to the enemy for the kill but the kill award goes to the person who did the intermediate damage, and the player who shot the acid gets an assist.

I haven't noticed it since the last patch, so maybe it was fixed. Or maybe this is by design, but it seems like the last person to damage the player should get the kill, in this case, the acid shooter.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protest boy View Post
I have seen times before where an enemy is hit by acid, gets fired upon by another plane, and then the original acid shot applies the final damage to the enemy for the kill but the kill award goes to the person who did the intermediate damage, and the player who shot the acid gets an assist.

I haven't noticed it since the last patch, so maybe it was fixed. Or maybe this is by design, but it seems like the last person to damage the player should get the kill, in this case, the acid shooter.
I always bitch about this. An enemy ship smoking green and black screams "Come Steal ARAB's Kill!!!"
Old 07-29-2009, 05:50 PM

I disagree. The second person to land a hit should get the kill, even though acid is a DoT attack.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:57 PM

I hate that when I crash (often), people that had no influence on my flying get the kill, say I had full health and got hit by 1 stray loopy missle. Or I'll have a good duel with someone, kill them, then crash when flying away..
Old 07-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

What's the worst now is all these demo players flying around with rubber armor. If you play a plane like the explodet and knock them into the floor, they flop around for so long before dying that the "5 seconds" or whatever time has elapsed so when they die it doesn't count for your kill but rather is listed as a suicide.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Administrator

I'm pretty sure acid works exactly as you desire protest -- perhaps lag was a factor.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamster View Post
I'm pretty sure acid works exactly as you desire protest -- perhaps lag was a factor.
It might have been. The first one or two times I saw it happen I suspected it was lag. But there was one time recently where there didn't seem to be anybody around at all and the acid appeared to absolutely cause the kill which prompted this post. I'm satisfied for now. I'll speak up if i see it again
Old 07-30-2009, 12:40 AM

i thought the purpose of acid is to get bars by a bunch of assists rather than kills
Old 07-30-2009, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZidaneTribal View Post
i thought the purpose of acid is to get bars by a bunch of assists rather than kills
that and to piss off Devil's time warp shenanigans
Old 08-04-2009, 02:13 PM

Saw it last night again.

Explodet hit by acid, takes two grenades from a bomber, several seconds later dies to the acid but the kill went to the bomber. No other planes within shooting distance, even the bomber had turned around and flown away.