Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:42 AM

Namlak explores near the basement landing. She finds an abandoned room, save a human Skull.

Skull: A skull, cracked and missing teeth. If you take mental damage, you can take all of it as physical damage instead. Make a haunt roll.

Abandoned Room: Skull: Haunt Roll (6d3-6=2) 2 is less then 4 (total omens). This is the haunt.

Everyone:
Your head starts spinning. Gradually, you lose consciousness.

[...]

You awaken. How long has it been? Your watch shows it's been three hours.

As you struggle to your feet, you hear a recorded voice.

"Hello. You don't know me, but I know you. I want to play a game. The door to this mansion will open in an hour, but none of you will be alive by then unless you're good at finding things.

"You will note that you each have a steel collar attached to your neck. This collar contains a blade held in place by a powerful spring. Whenever a timer attached to one of these devices goes off, the wearer will end up considerably shorter.

"Keys have been hidden thoughout the house. It takes two keys to unlock each collar. Once you've unlocked them, you'll be free to go. Of course, some keys may be in rather inaccessible locations.

"Let the game begin."

What the Traitor Hears:
"All the other people in this house were witnesses to your mother's traffic accident. Her car caught fire, but they were too afraid to drag out her unconscious body before the fuel tank exploded. Now you have a chance for revenge. Your collar doesn't work, but the others don't know that. Will they have courage to help you the way they didn't help her?"

What you know:
Collar timer order: Shmo 1d100=93, Namlak 1d100=51, SSD 1d100=97, DN 1d100=33, GGQ 1d100=15, DDP 1d100=94

The game ends when all the collars have been removed, triggered, and/or the owner killed by another means.
The heroes win if at least half of the heroes (3) are still alive. If more then half the heroes are dead, the traitor wins.

At the end of each of the haunt reveler's turns (Namlak), each ticking collar has a chance to go off. The Haunt bar increases by 1, and every collar equal to or under that number must roll 3d3-3. If the result is less then the Haunt bar's current number, that explorer is immediately killed. The Haunt bar is already at 1, and will be advanced to 2 before the first rolls. (on four or fewer players, the Haunt bar starts at 0 instead of 1).

GGQ has the first collar.
DN has the second collar.
Namlak has the third collar.
Shmo has the fourth collar.
DDP has the fifth collar.
SSD has the sixth collar.

The traitor had an equal chance to get any collar. The traitor will be auto revieled if his or her collar triggered. A collar counts as triggered if: The timer went off, two keys were used on the collar and it released, the wearer died.

Example: The haunt bar gets raised to four. Each collar 4 and below rolls. The Traitor's collar and a Hero's both roll a 3, which is below the haunt bar. The traitor's collar falls off instead of cutting of his or her head. The Hero's head rolls to the floor.

There are 12 keys scattered thoughout the house. Only 4 of them are in already explored rooms. To get the keys, you must accomplish the objective of that room. When you get a key, it is like getting a card. You can't use movement points to leave the room.

Quote:
Crypt, Furnace Room: End your turn in the room (taking damage from the room's effect).

Collapsed Room: Successfully make the roll to avoid falling. Otherwise, you end up in the basement without it.

Gallery: Drop down to the Ballroom, taking 1 die of physical damage.

Vault: The first explorer to end a turn in this room after the vault is open gets the key.

Catacombs, Chasm, Tower: You must successfully cross the room. Fail and your turn ends (as stated by the room).

Attic, Junk Room, Pentagram Chamber: You must complete the on exit check as though you are leaving the room. Fail and you take the stated damage. Either way, you must do the on exit roll again to leave the room. Each time you attempt a key grab, it cost you 1 movement point.

Operating Laboratory: An X-Ray shows that the key is inside you! You must roll 3+ with each of your traits and also take 2 dice of physical damage to get the key. If any roll fail, you don't get the key, but still take the damage.
Zom
This will take me a bit to setup.
I need everyone to private message me a number between 1 and 100. This is to help me find a traitor while still having public info later. These are private numbers. Please do not tell others what your number is, traitor or survivor. I have 3 of 6 numbers.
I'm changing my mind. I've rolled the 6d100 twice. The public one above is for collar order. The second one is for traitor choosing. The second roll is a private roll that I've shared with a safe keeper until the end of the game (for proof later of what the roll was).

Last edited by Aki1024; 01-04-2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Zombies
Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

**** you SSD, lucky bastard. 6th collar and you're sitting pretty on top of two ez keys.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:37 AM

At least you can move >:|
Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmo55 View Post
lol granted. though i'd feel a lot worse for you if i wasn't the first collar with no keys in sight
Old 01-03-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmo55 View Post
In order to attach a collar to you, the man over the speaker had to "free you." Out of the pan, into the fire?

Also:

It is now SSD's turn. During your turn, I will tell you if you are a survivor or a traitor. Keys can be traded to other people. If it is your turn, you may declare that you are using two keys to unlock your collar or the collar of someone else in the room. You can't receive a key in a trade and use it to unlock a collar in the same turn. If someone else during their turn traded you a key, and your turn happens in the same round later, you could use the keys then.

Last edited by Aki1024; 01-03-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

OK. since i am 6th in line and definitely not the traitor, i am gonna be trying to grab my key, crossing the chasm (and grabbing that one) and poking around in the basement. if you want to be saved DN/GGQ then mosey your way down here, otherwise i'm just gonna unlock soccer's collar before he starts his 3rd haunt bar turn.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 PM

SSD faces these scary times like she always has in her young life. With style. She spots the key hanging from the ceiling and climbs on some unsteady furniture, jumps, grabs the key and lands on the floor. Too bad she sprained her ankle.

Junk Room: Key: Might check 3+ (3d3-3=2) -1 Speed
Junk Room: Key: Might check 3+ (2nd) (3d3-3=5) Successful key grab

Since getting a key is like getting a card, SSD's turn comes to an end.

It is now DN's turn.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
OK. since i am 6th in line and definitely not the traitor
That's exactly what the traitor would say.

Quote:
i am gonna be trying to grab my key, crossing the chasm (and grabbing that one) and poking around in the basement. if you want to be saved DN/GGQ then mosey your way down here, otherwise i'm just gonna unlock soccer's collar before he starts his 3rd haunt bar turn.
Yeah.....mb again about haunt.

I'm with you on exploring the basement; that's probably what I'll do when my turn comes up again.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:30 PM

I was wrong when I told SSD that attacking isn't allowed until after the traitor is reviled.

After a hidden traitor haunt begins, any explorer may attack another explorer at any time, under real or feigned suspicion of being the traitor. A player may only attack once per turn.

Also, the traitor is allowed to reveal him or herself to the others at any time.

Also, because SSD is cool, he showed me this dice calculator. Move it to "At Least" to see the chance of succeeding different rolls.

Last edited by Aki1024; 01-03-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:55 PM

DN heads to the west, finding the Statuary Corridor. Midway down the hall, he finds a closet that is just begin to be opened.

Closet Door: That closet door is open... just a crack. There must be something inside.
Once during an explorer's turn, that explorer can roll 2 dice to open the closet:
Statuary Corridor: Closet (2d3-2=0) Draw an event card. The closet door is now stuck and won't open again.

Grave Dirt: This room is covered in a thick layer of dirt. You cough as it gets on your skin and in your lungs. You must attempt a might roll.

Statuary Corridor: Closet draw: Grave Dirt (3d3-3=2) 2: Something is wrong. Take 1 point of physical damage at the start of each of your turns. This ends if: an item card increases your stats, or you end your turn in the Balcony, Gardens, Graveyard, Gymnasium, Larder, Patio, or Tower.

DN chooses to roll the Dark Dice a second time.
Statuary Corridor: Dark Dice (3d3-3=3)
The dice push DN into the Vault. A large door blocks his way in this dead end room. The vault may be opened, should someone have the capablity to do so. Before that though, an event card.

Vault room Event: "A breeze chills the room. Before you, three men hang from the frayed ropes. They stare at you with cold, dead eyes. The trio swing silently, then fade into dust that falls to the ground. You start to choke."

"You must attempt a roll for each trait. 2+, trait is safe. 0-1, lose 1 from that trait. If all four are successful, gain 1 in the trait of your choice."

Vault: Hanged Men: SP 6, Mi 3, Sa 5, Kn 4 (SP 6d3-6=8, Mi 3d3-3=2, Sa 5d3-5=7, Kn 4d3-4=1), Kn takes a hit.

DN attempts to open the vault, Vault: Open (3d3-3=4) 0-5: The door remains closed.

tl;dr: West 1->Closet event->Closet broke, gave event->DN got dirty (bad stuff at start of turn)->DN used Dark Dice, pushed him into Vault->Vault had hanging men in it->DN brain poked->DN tried vault, it is still closed.

It is now GGQ's turn.

Last edited by Aki1024; 01-03-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
OK. since i am 6th in line and definitely not the traitor, i am gonna be trying to grab my key, crossing the chasm (and grabbing that one) and poking around in the basement. if you want to be saved DN/GGQ then mosey your way down here, otherwise i'm just gonna unlock soccer's collar before he starts his 3rd haunt bar turn.
I highly recommend unlocking your own collar since getting the second key will take you at least one more turn, and then you have only 3-4 more turns to get another two keys from who knows where. If you're willing to risk it, though, I can reach the chasm by the end of this turn and I'm perfectly happy to take your keys during your next turn. Of course if you do save me, I shall dedicate my life to returning the favour

Last edited by GGQ; 01-03-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:36 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

its in our best interests to unlock as many collars as possible, we need to keep 3 heroes uncollared and alive and kill the traitor to win (if i understand our win conditions correctly). i'm at literally 0 risk of dying to the collar until the haunt counter is at 6, so there's no real reason to unlock mine asap. i figure we'll be looking to grab as many keys for the "town" as possible, so keeping you alive is better since you can't help us get keys if you're dead

edit: if i win my chasm roll i believe i can still unlock your collar if you're standing in the chasm room (but not across it). otherwise i can trade you my keys and you can unlock it yourself.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
its in our best interests to unlock as many collars as possible, we need to keep 3 heroes uncollared and alive and kill the traitor to win (if i understand our win conditions correctly). i'm at literally 0 risk of dying to the collar until the haunt counter is at 6, so there's no real reason to unlock mine asap. i figure we'll be looking to grab as many keys for the "town" as possible, so keeping you alive is better since you can't help us get keys if you're dead
Alright I'm coming down.

Well, I didn't know the coal chute costs a movement point. I can't reach you this turn, which means it will take an extra turn to reach you and get the keys. So with this turn I'm going to B5 to explore a tile. If you pass the chasm this turn then I'll come join you next turn and you can give me the keys on your next turn. I just have to pass two collar checks (85% and 60%. Best of luck to me).

Last edited by GGQ; 01-03-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 AM

Quote:
we need to keep 3 heroes uncollared and alive and kill the traitor to win (if i understand our win conditions correctly)
Negative. 3 living heroes and all collars triggered (triggered is: killed by collar or otherwise, key opened collar). The traitor's collar also counts as trigger if it would have killed him/her. You don't have to kill the traitor to win.

GGQ, unable to get the the Chasm, heads down the coal chute and south to find a Dining Room. On one of the plates sits a medallion inscribed with a pentagram.

Omen: Medallion: You are immune to the effects of the pentagram chamber, crypt, and graveyard.

It is now DDP's turn.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:06 AM

I got screweddddd....I will try to use the dark dice next turn to get somewhere else to maybe free myself from this dirt/get a key/get uncollared next turn...I did not really want to waste a turn or get the keys available to me on the top floor because they hurt me... so the irony is I did not get a key and still got hurt
Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknietzsche View Post
I got screweddddd....I will try to use the dark dice next turn to get somewhere else to maybe free myself from this dirt/get a key/get uncollared next turn...I did not really want to waste a turn or get the keys available to me on the top floor because they hurt me... so the irony is I did not get a key and still got hurt
The gallery one is pretty easy. Just drop your might one point and you'll still have the same number of dice.

Shmo could try for the vault; with 5 knowledge he's got a pretty good shot at it.

I don't think anyone's going to go for the lab unless they're super desperate.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:28 AM

the gallery drop is 1 die of physical damage...it could do more than one though and look at my luck I would totally lose 2 :|

Last edited by darknietzsche; 01-04-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 AM

DDP explores for more keys to the south, finding the Conservatory. In the distance he hears a baby's cry, lost and abandoned, a screem, then the crack of breaking glass. Then silence.

6 dice, Higher then the omens in play, gain 1 sanity. Lower, 1 die of mental damage.
Conservatory: Disquieting Sounds (6d3-6=5), gain 1 sanity

It is now Shmo's turn.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:06 AM

i'd be perfect for the knowledge if i wasn't stuck in the basement. That being said, I'm just going to let ssd grab the chasm key and i'll go exploring the south part of the basement. (B3, B4, B5)
Old 01-04-2013, 01:16 AM

So before I make my move I'd like some input.
From my current position I have 3 options:

1.) explore a new room in hopes of finding a key.
2.) take the gallery drop for 1 point of damage.
3.) spend a turn moving closing to the vault, doing nothing else.

I don't feel a great urgency towards grabbing a key on this turn, as I have some time, being the 4th collar. The gallery drop would also put me farther away from the vault, which I am currently the best candidate for opening. Though if we really need a key for someone I could rush for the gallery drop then head straight for the basement or wherever DN ends up.

Personally I think it would be best if I spend this turn exploring and then if possible head towards the vault afterwards, but obviously I'm open for discussion.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:24 AM

Yeah I think that you probably should come to the vault. Best of a few situations happen in that case, one you can help me out possibly by getting an item, because this dirt can go away if we trade an item that pluses my stats that I do not already have, so I can just give you my holy symbol or dark dice if you get something that can give me a boost, 2 you get a key, and 3 you know the rooms heading that way, so at least you do not have to be wondering if something bad will happen like when you enter an unknown room.

And as I pointed out with ggq the gallery is one die of physical dmg not one dmg (I confirmed this with Aki before I took my turn because I thought about getting that key), but did not want to risk taking 2 dmg of physical dmg
Old 01-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Super Moderator

If I were you and DN doesn't take the gallery key, I would go straight to the vault then gallery and done.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:46 AM

Shmo travels uneventfully across the upstairs to the Bloody Room.

As Namlak leaves the abandoned room, a mossy smell enters your nose. Ahead, you can hear a dripping faucet. No... that's not a faucet, that's water dripping into a lake. You've found the Underground Lake.

Quote:
8:33 PM - soccernamlak: cool. /swim in lake
8:33 PM - Aki: Miss perfect would be fearful of her hair being ruined. Sorry.
8:33 PM - soccernamlak: ah true
On the Lake, drifting closer to Namlak is a coffin. As it rotates, the open side comes into view. She sees herself in the coffin. Sanity roll: Underground Lake: Funeral (3d3-3=2) "The vision disturbs you. Lose 1 sanity."

Cold and wet, Namlak walks back onto shore.

It is now the collar's turn.

DN's collar beings making a loud beeping just like GGQ's has been doing since he woke up.

Haunt: Collars: GGQ, DN, 2+ (3d3-3=4, 3d3-3=3) The beeping continues.

The haunt track is now at 2.

It is now SSD's turn.

Last edited by Aki1024; 01-04-2013 at 04:01 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:17 AM

SSD heads out of the Junk Room, safely, and over the bridge of the chasm. She nabs her second key.

Junk Room: On Exit to Chasm (3d3-3=3) Safely
Chasm to Creaky Hallway, grabbing key (4d3-4=4) Safely

It is now DN's turn.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

SSD, for my turn I plan to explore B7. Hopefully the room I find will have another room attached, so you can unlock my collar on your way to explore that room.

I think this is best because it's optimal to uncover as many rooms as possible.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:37 AM

ok sounds good

good luck not dying
Old 01-04-2013, 02:30 PM

So I have to work so I am not going to be home for about 8 hrs or so, but before then I would like some suggestions.

I plan to roll my dark dice, there is a chance that I will move another player/myself to another players spot, if I do that who should I move and to where.

Another thing to note, is that I also have this dirt which will slowly kill me unless I can trade one of my items for an item that buffs my stats (i.e. soccer's revolver).

If I get unlucky I probably will explore an unopened room or follow shmo next turn assuming he can get both keys.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Another thing to note, is that I also have this dirt which will slowly kill me unless I can trade one of my items for an item that buffs my stats (i.e. soccer's revolver).
Yeah, but I have this collar thing that is quickly killing me, and I plan on going out Scarface style.....so.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:15 PM

I was just giving an example, if someone else gets an item that pluses my stats then that would work to...also why is my holy symbol not good enough for you :|

I should note the main reason for rolling the dark dice is the chance of being able to raise my stats and thus getting rid of the dirt myself.

@SSD- If I can move myself to you, or if I can move you to either ggq or myself, what do you suggest I do. It is likely that either ggq or myself (maybe both/neither) will be dead once soccer's turn comes(thanks for starting the haunt jerk :P)...which won't help anyone, so if I somehow get to you this turn should I?

Last edited by darknietzsche; 01-04-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:24 PM

you teleporting to me kinda screws ggq since his plan was to come down to me (and next turn i can finally save him)

up to ggq really, if he's willing to risk his head to save you then i'm ok with unlocking your collar and having us all search for keys for him/me
Old 01-04-2013, 07:37 PM

I mean if you save ggq, I am likely screwed and vice versa, I guess it comes down to who really everyone thinks is best having alive, since as it is there is likely no way we will both survive the coming round...but maybe that is the pessimist in me.

@aki-if someone dies...can others take their items? Cause as it is I have pretty high movement speed...and a pair of dice that can warp people back and forth potentially making it possible to help people in need in case I die and someone is able to take the dice from me.

Last edited by darknietzsche; 01-04-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:45 PM

yeah but ggq would likely be a lot less screwed had he not come down to the basement when i asked if anyone wanted to be saved. if i unlock you then you still are at risk of dying horribly to the dust, and it doesn't seem like any of those tower or balcony type rooms would be down here in the basement.

edit: i think the best course would be for you to take the gallery drop and try to make it to the graveyard, which will cure your dirt issue. then shmo can try to bring you a key? if your dark dice give you a swap, you can maybe swap with DDP and then walk to the graveyard?

Last edited by sunshineduck; 01-04-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
@aki-if someone dies...can others take their items?
When a person dies, their items drop to the ground. Companions stay in their dead custodian's room until another explorer enters their room, at which time they have a new custodian.

For each item, an explorer may perform one of the following actions: Use the item, trade the item to another explorer, drop the item, steal the item (successful physical combat by 2 points), pick up the item.

Note that this means you can't pick up an item, then use it in the same turn. Also, trades are from a giver's point of view. IMO, it should be called "Give" instead of "Trade" as if there is two items to be traded, the trade completes on the other player's turn.

This also means that you can't use an item, then give it to someone else so they can use it on their turn. For example, Rabbit's Foot (Once during your turn, you can reroll 1 die. You must keep the second roll) gets very OP when Heroes start passing it around to have a better chance at playing chess verses death. (Yes, that is a scenario).

In addition, the player can do each of the following only once per turn: trade a single item (both must agree), drop any number of items, pick up one or more items.

This limits the player to giving a single item, dropping items in a single room, and picking up items from a single room.

Note that the first time an item is received by the players, it doesn't count as picked up. This means if you already had your first key, and the second key just got picked up from the house, you may use it right away.

I guess it is also relevant to know that the traitor can't waste keys on triggered collars.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:29 PM

DN throws the Dark Dice for the third time.

Dark Dice in Vault (3d3-3=3) 3: Move to adjacent room.

DN then continues along the path the Dice pushed him, finding the Servants' Quarters. This room opens to all four directions and contains an Omen. Left on the pillow of a bed in the north west corner is a ring. It is said that this ring is capable of great magics.

Ring: A battered ring with an incompreshensible inscription.
If you attack an opponent that has a sanity trait, you can attack with Sanity instead of Might.

It is now GGQ's turn.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

So the servant's quarters are right next to the blood-covered room. Guess that explains that.

Last edited by GGQ; 01-05-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:49 AM

GGQ finds a large Gymnasium. There is an exit to the north from here. From the room in the north, a dog charges him.

Quote:
5:36 PM - Stormcrow: O.o
5:36 PM - Stormcrow: there's nothing else in the gym?
5:37 PM - Aki: Do you wish to defend with Speed (dodge) or Might (hold your ground)?
5:38 PM - Stormcrow: i've got more speed, so i'll go with that
5:40 PM - Stormcrow: did i live?
5:41 PM - Stormcrow: did i put the damn mutt out of its misery?
He attempts to dodge, but she is faster. GGQ gets knocked to the ground and gets licked repeatedly. The dog appears to be friendly.

Quote:
5:43 PM - Stormcrow:
5:43 PM - Stormcrow: i got a doggy
Dog: Compainion: This mangy dog seems friendly. At least you hope it is.
Gain 1 might and 1 sanity now. Lose the dog and lose those stats. There is a dog at your side that will slow hostiles along with you. She can also move to any explored room up to six spaces away, using doors and stairs, and then return. She can pick up, carry, and/or drop 1 item before she returns. The dog isn't slowed by opponents, but can't use one way passages, or rooms that require a roll to navigate.

It is now DDP's turn.

DDP heads to the Grand Staircase.

Last edited by Aki1024; 01-05-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:59 PM

Shmo heads to the Vault and attempts to open it. Vault: Open Door (5d3-5=6) She tries and tries, and just as she is about to give up, the vault opens as though it has deemed Shmo worthy of the items it holds.

Shmo now has a Bottle, a Lucky Stone, and a Key.

Bottle: An opaque vial containing a black liquid. Roll 3 dice to drink the liquid during your turn.
6: Choose a room and put your explorer there.
5: Gain 2 Might and 2 Speed.
4: Gain 2 Knowledge and 2 Sanity.
3: Gain 1 Knowledge and lose 1 Might.
2: Lose 2 Knowledge and 2 Sanity.
1: Lose 2 Might and 2 Speed.
0: Lose 2 from each trait.

Lucky Stone: A smooth, ordinary looking rock. You sense it will bring you good fortune. After you attempt a roll of any kind, you can rub the stone once to reroll any number of those dice.

It is now Namlak's turn.

Namlak finds the Pentagram Chamber at B4. There is an Omen here, Crystal Ball. The room has an On exit 4+ knowledge roll check, fail and Sanity -1.

Crystal Ball
4+ You see the truth. Search the item or event stack for a card of your choice. Shuffle that stack. Then place that card on top.
1-3: You avert your eyes. Lose 1 Sanity.
0: You stare into hell. Lose 2 sanity.

I must take off for a while, so I can't complete the turn now. Namlak is attempting to grab the key atm. He has two tries at it (4 movement total, 2 walking, 2 to grab).

Last edited by Aki1024; 01-05-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:43 PM

So after my turn and assuming I don't die b/c of collar....

I think the Crystal Ball can be very useful. It's a 4+ Knowledge roll, and being Miss Perfect, I've got a lot of knowledge (same as Shmo: 5). However, I'm a bit tightly wound, so my sanity isn't that great. I've already lost one and am 2 away from death. If I don't get the key within my 2 attempts, I'm dead anyway.

That being said, Crystal Ball according to Aki:

Quote:
4+ You see the truth. Search the item or event stack for a card of your choice. Shuffle that stack. Then place that card on top. Aki: 1-3 You avert your eyes. Lose 1 Sanity. Aki: 0: You stare into hell. Lose 2 sanity.

For a 4+, you will need to tell me what you are intersted in finding. positive things, find item things, move to new room things, secret passage, revolving door
So, if you all want something on the top of the deck (aka good items such as keys or +1 something), you can let me know as I should be able to manage 4+ relatively (knocks on wood) easily.

That being said, DN since you have a Holy Symbol that has +2 sanity and I'm partially insane, I think it might be a good time to either issue a trade or provide me with the Holy Symbol, I can rearrange the deck for you if you want. Or give SSD a bad card Either or.

Anyway when Aki gets back, I'll see if I can grab the key here. Depending on how much it hurts me, I'll take next turn to continue exploring the bottom of the basement. As Aki told me, Option B4 is a dead end room, so I'll probably go B5 next.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:48 PM

Soccer assuming I dont die...I am super far away and no way in the world I am getting to you to trade unfortunately unless I get super lucky with my dark dice...but I first have to survive my death roll.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Dude the lucky stone is so OP. Nice turn shmo.

And namlak, I dunno if you can put a key on top of the deck, i think we have to get them from rooms. It might be nice to get a secret passage item or something so we can get from the basement to the upstairs.