Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:55 AM

Default Mute List

Members of the forum:

I propose a list of all your muted players in once place that you can manage, remove/add people, and see who has accumulated there. The main problem I have with the current muting system is that you can only modify a player's status if you see them in game.

I see two ways to approach this:
  1. A basic list of player names in the game. In a new tab in the Options toolbar, you have a list of all players currently muted. Each person has an 'X' button next to their name that would remove them from the list (and un-mute them.) There could also possibly be a date of when you muted them.
  2. Alternatively, this could be a seperate file, not included in actual game. This would be similar to the "chat_log" and "filtered_swear_words" txt files in Altitude > Config that save or modify things you do in the game. Of course this would be a lot more simple than opening Altitude all the way up, but it would also be harder to access, etc.

To summarize, I think that a list of muted players that is easily modifiable would make for a easier way to control your muted players.

Thank you.

Last edited by Flexio; 02-16-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:24 AM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

I'd kinda like to see this implemented somehow. Even like a txt file that we have to search for would be very helpful (and personally I like this idea better, although others might not). Also can we increase the capacity on the mutelist? I hate muting people now because it means someone else gets unmuted
Old 01-27-2012, 04:34 AM

I think it's not in a text file right now because your mute list is tied to your account, and not your installed instance of Altitude. So for instance, if you went on a friend's computer and signed onto Altitude using your name you'd still have the same people muted. Whereas if you used your friend's computer, your filtered swear words would be different (if you had made any changes to the default).
Old 01-28-2012, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
I think it's not in a text file right now because your mute list is tied to your account, and not your installed instance of Altitude. So for instance, if you went on a friend's computer and signed onto Altitude using your name you'd still have the same people muted. Whereas if you used your friend's computer, your filtered swear words would be different (if you had made any changes to the default).
Ye but can we make altitude create a txt file with your mutelist when you log into alti?
Old 01-28-2012, 07:55 AM

Stop playing ball_football
Old 01-28-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinlk View Post
Stop playing ball_football
wat. All of my mutes are from the ladder servers, not any of those public football servers. And still, there's more people I want muted.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:39 AM

disable chat

problem solved
Old 10-20-2013, 09:37 PM

Bumping this old thread because I'd like to see this implemented.

So, we have a mute list that is tied to our account. Likely this is similar to the friend's list, which also does not generate a text file and can only be done when you are in the same server as someone. How hard would it be to extend the friend's list and add a mute list with roughly the same functionality, i.e., the ability to view who is on the list and to remove them from the list whenever you want? Given that this is written in Java, I would like to think not all that hard, but feel free to tell me I'm wrong. Obviously, there could be intricacies of which I am unaware.

If you'd like to go a step above and beyond, then my recommendation would be to add a string telling me why I added the person to the list (both Friend's List and Mute List) since players can change their name whenever they want. Likely a string member variable set in the constructor and an extra parameter to muteplayer and friendplayer (that's probably not the command, but I think you get my point).

I do realize that even if the code change isn't that hard, you are also working on other development. So, I'm not expecting anything, but wanted to push for a feature that I would really like. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2013, 12:22 AM

i'd also like a bump in the max on the mute list pls <3