Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:51 PM

Default Something new

Whatever it is, there's plenty of suggestions but add something to the game, announce an expansion or something and remarket it.

You could launch alti for iphone/androids a la mini motor racing, controls are like full mouse (steeringwheel on mini motor racing but around the plane) and 3 buttons for firing on the bottom corners.

Alti it's too great to let it die slowly...
Old 08-21-2013, 05:19 PM

Agreed....
Old 08-21-2013, 05:34 PM

With such a devoted (but dwindling) player base, it would be a shame to watch Altitude slowly lose rapport.

While I believe (as long as karlam/server hosts will have us) that Alti will be supported by its core players for many more months (or years) to come, you're right, something should be done to bring in new waves of eager players.

I do like your idea of mobile expansion, but how would the dynamics play out? Would mobile users play on the same servers as desktop users, or have servers of their own? My concern is that controls might be tougher and diminished quality of graphics will handicap mobile gamers.
EDIT: Although Altitude on a tablet would be very fun and intuitive.

Steam sales, a bit of advertising (if karlam seriously propose this, I'm sure lots of us can chip in a little bit to cover costs in the name of perpetuating our game), and perhaps new perks or simply new maps will help us gain popularity.

Viva Altitude

Last edited by Kafka; 08-21-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:44 PM

I know without ladder alti has been more dead then normal. But I think the community will live stronger then we think! Even after taking a year off of the game I can come back and enjoy it just as much as I did the previous year. I feel like many others are on that boat with this short break. have faith!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:16 PM

This should be put in the tech support forum because I suspect that's the only one karlam reads ;_;
Old 08-22-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fartface View Post
This should be put in the tech support forum because I suspect that's the only one karlam reads ;_;
interesting
Old 08-23-2013, 06:42 PM

Default more ideas

Not that this would ever be implemented, but....new modes?

Such as a ball variation where rather than score goals, your team just tries to keep possession as long as possible. Give it a 10 minute timer or so and see which team holds it the longest.

Capture the flag type of game, grab flag from opponents base and fly it back to yours. Could be diffused similar to bomb mechanics. In reality though this seems like a slower more laborous bomb mode variation.

The one thing I've always thought would be an exciting update but would probably require more substantial changes would be moving objects on the map. Could even be something as simple as an entryway opening and closing requiring some timed pushes. Think of a pong paddle moving up and down, possibly opening access to alternating entryways.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryirishman0 View Post
The one thing I've always thought would be an exciting update but would probably require more substantial changes would be moving objects on the map....
Not only to second that, and to bump for animated background capability, but here's these too...

1. Destructible Terrain:
Perhaps not all, but destructible objects that can be placed during the mapmaking process to create barriers. Co-opers have suggested this before.
Which basically comes down to being able to create a Geom within the Map Editor, and have the ability to set an HP for it, just as you would for a turret.

(Can you imagine the fun we all could have with that....)

2. Modification of the Power-ups:
Which we sorta have with leveling up/perk gaining/Ace bars perk...
But, perhaps new power-ups? Longer duration power-ups? Or even perhaps power-ups that last for that 'life'/or/'round'...?)
Examples that have been suggested : Speed Boost , Afterburner Boost, Increased Energy, Increased HP, Increased Damage, Free Ace Bar, etc...
(These may require considerable balancing, but would definitely shake things up...)

3. Increased Stats:
Either modify, or add an another page to, the Hanger Deck with a much more detailed stat system. Carries, goals, base hits, etc... It would be nice to have Ladder-caliber stat reporting more integrated into the game and accessible to players.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:29 AM

^^ Those are awesome ideas.

I too have come back after not playing for quite a while and still enjoy everything, but I concur about there needing to be something new.
Modified power-ups and destructible terrain seem like they would be simple enough to add.