Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:21 PM

Default Auto Spectating

In ladder recently i have noticed some games someone will be ping kicked or someone will leave or will "be one second". So when one of these people are gone and spectate the other team will normally spectate one person, but this sometimes takes a while meaning the people with 6 players score or have a major map control.

I think an auto spectating feature would make the games more even if unfortunately it goes to 5v6.

For instance. If the red team have 5 players because 1 person has left the first person to die on the blue team would be automatically spectated. If the team would want to change someone who is still currently playing can swap with the automatically spectated player.

This will mean the games are fairer and it stops a team getting a major advantage. This would be helpful if there wasn't an admin to solve the situation.

Although this situation of people leaving or being ping kicked mid game is probably never going to be solved this will be a good solution to at least get the games to not be one sided.

This is just an idea I'm not sure if this will be possible but if it could i think it would really benefit ladder.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:36 PM

The plan is to eventually support subs to replace those players (willing sub close in rating must be available). In addition there will be a timer of maybe 10s that starts when teams become uneven. Goals after 10s of uneven teams would be automatically removed.

It's possible after those 10s I might require one of the 3 players closest in rating to spec before goals count again rather than anyone on the team. If still no one specs after 20s I might auto spec one of those three randomly.

Auto speccing the first player do die can make that team have an unfair disadvantage. Like the team down a player might be attacking and your only whale is the first to die..

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 07-21-2015 at 04:39 PM.