Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Server News

Server News Announcements related to privately hosted servers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-11-2012, 12:01 PM
blarg blarg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 108
Default pineapples 1dm - home of "dat bot"

pineapples 1dm was originally setup to replace the new england 1life server. the new england server is back now, but pineapples lives on! why, you ask? because thanks to silent skies, B4, and RedLight, pineapples has much more map variety! the server is hosted on a VPS in chicago.

the rules are simple: if you can't be respectful and mature, keep your mouth shut. we will probably give a warning before kicking or banning, but please try not to be a menace in the first place.

main server:
games go to 5, win by 2
max ping: 275
bot difficulty: expert
camera scale: 110%

private server for matches, practice, etc:
games go to 5, win by 2
password: godfruit
max ping: 500
camera scale: 110%

admins:
blarg ;[
Aero Beast
Kate Wolf
M-pilot
TmG
RedLight
silent skies
ASneakyNumbnuts

feel free to post here or talk to me in game about any comments, suggestions, problems, etc. have fun!

Last edited by blarg; 07-13-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-11-2012, 03:11 PM
RedLight RedLight is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 143
Default

Awesome, I love this server. Xen hosting sure seems to have made a difference so far. Haven't experienced any spikes yet.

I'm a little concerned about setting the view scale to 105%. From my experience, that seems to mess up map's graphics slightly, skewing the slices around in some weird way. Any way we could just change the plane scale instead?

Last edited by RedLight; 05-11-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-2012, 03:34 PM
silent skies silent skies is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in the map editor
Posts: 613
Default

dat goddamn probot
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-11-2012, 03:35 PM
silent skies silent skies is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in the map editor
Posts: 613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLight View Post
I'm a little concerned about setting the view scale to 105%. From my experience, that seems to mess up map's graphics slightly, skewing the slices around in some weird way. Any way we could just change the plane scale instead?
I've noticed this kind of skewing on quite a few maps, now that you mention it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-2012, 08:39 AM
blarg blarg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLight View Post
I'm a little concerned about setting the view scale to 105%. From my experience, that seems to mess up map's graphics slightly, skewing the slices around in some weird way. Any way we could just change the plane scale instead?
i switched it over to 95% plane/100% camera. after a few games, i think it works fine gameplay-wise, though i still noticed slight graphical problems on slick.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-12-2012, 09:16 AM
CCN CCN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Xiang Gang
Posts: 1,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent skies View Post
dat goddamn probot
it's how sinstar trained 0-o
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-12-2012, 01:14 PM
silent skies silent skies is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in the map editor
Posts: 613
Default

Most people are just used to the occasional herp-a-derp bot you find on the official servers or wherever.

This bot still can't find its way out of a paper bag, but its bullets sure can. It is deceptively good.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Fluffy Fluffy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: scotland
Posts: 279
Default

I entered the server and then I was suddenly banned for 300 days. The reason was, 'for being a fag'. The admin that banned me was, Aero<pilot> (Aero Beast)

I don't think this is a suitable reason to ban someone for 300 days for, as I was just entering to play some 1dm on this server.

Lift my ban please, thanks. (maybe dismiss Aero<pilot> from his privileges)

~Fluffy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
I entered the server and then I was suddenly banned for 300 days. The reason was, 'for being a fag'. The admin that banned me was, Aero<pilot> (Aero Beast)

I don't think this is a suitable reason to ban someone for 300 days for, as I was just entering to play some 1dm on this server.

Lift my ban please, thanks. (maybe dismiss Aero<pilot> from his privileges)

~Fluffy
I've had dealings with him before, he spammed me for a duel then when I beat him he accused me of hacking. I'm unsure why he's allowed to be an admin.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Appeltaart Appeltaart is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Amsterdam, Holland
Posts: 51
Default

I encoutered you a few times in the past on servers, always screeching on how 'ez' it is to kill others, call people noobs etc.
Might be your behaviour that needs fixing instead of the ban.

tl;dr - IMO, don't lift ban.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Slender Slender is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,845
Default

Well, can't he express his opinion about other players? Or is it wrong to say something like "lol that was ez" after killing everyone? If he thinks someone is bad, nothing will change his mind. Not even a ban.

Lift the ban. Democracy please.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 AM
RedLight RedLight is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 143
Default

I will lift the ban for now, but Fluffy last time I encountered you in the 1dm server you were being a general annoyance to all players. You repeatedly commented on how when you died, your team would die because they no longer had you.

If this continues to the same extent as it did in the past, the ban will be reinstated (albeit with a much more reasonable time).

Aero, please do not do such extreme bans in the future. If someone is annoying you personally, just mute them. If they are annoying everyone in the server after repeated warnings, then ban for a reasonable time. Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-12-2012, 02:46 AM
leggomyeggo leggomyeggo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg
Posts: 2,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appeltaart View Post
I encoutered you a few times in the past on servers, always screeching on how 'ez' it is to kill others, call people noobs etc.
Might be your behaviour that needs fixing instead of the ban.

tl;dr - IMO, don't lift ban.
your tl;dr was like half the length of your actual post. why would you even?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-12-2012, 06:55 AM
blarg blarg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLight View Post
I will lift the ban for now, but Fluffy last time I encountered you in the 1dm server you were being a general annoyance to all players. You repeatedly commented on how when you died, your team would die because they no longer had you.

If this continues to the same extent as it did in the past, the ban will be reinstated (albeit with a much more reasonable time).

Aero, please do not do such extreme bans in the future. If someone is annoying you personally, just mute them. If they are annoying everyone in the server after repeated warnings, then ban for a reasonable time. Cheers.
well said. admins, please use your powers only when really necessary- less is more.

PS: rib, maybe if you did not hax so blatantly these things would not happen xD
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:11 AM
silent skies silent skies is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in the map editor
Posts: 613
Default

So, can pilot members commandeer the server for clan practice when they feel like it? Thought the private one was for your scrims...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Net-Tech Net-Tech is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The sea
Posts: 248
Default

That is actually a good question, all admins are in pilot.
Maybe we should play more in NewEngland where we know that its not 1 clan that rules.

/jk but srsly <pilot> clan?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Slender Slender is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,845
Default

People shouldn't feel dominated because everyone in <pilot> plays and admins the server. I'm likely to be better than 6 out of 6 of the admins.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-13-2012, 04:14 PM
blarg blarg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent skies View Post
So, can pilot members commandeer the server for clan practice when they feel like it? Thought the private one was for your scrims...
we've only done that once that i know of (before there was the private server). has it happened more recently? such commandeering is not cool with me; as you say, that's what the private server is for.

i hear you guys about all the pilot admins. i have added a couple people i can trust to not be jerks- see first post.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-13-2012, 04:33 PM
silent skies silent skies is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in the map editor
Posts: 613
Default

Quote:
has it happened more recently?
There was an almost-incident a few days ago... Person in question forgot the PW to the private server and considered doing force-spec or booting non-pilots to use pineapples.

End result was that they eventually went somewhere else, so I don't feel the need to drop names here. I was just wondering if there was precedent to this kind of possibility, or what your stance on it was. Thanks for clearing that up.

*edit* oh hey I'm an admin now >.> ty blarg

Last edited by silent skies; 07-13-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Fluffy Fluffy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: scotland
Posts: 279
Default

I have been banned again by Aero. This time for a year. Reason: fag

Now, this is getting out of hand, can someone please remove him from the admin list?

Please unban me because i didnt do anything wrong apart from say hello.
thanks,
~Fluffy
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Aero_Beast Aero_Beast is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 141
Default

Every time you join the server you call everyone in it ez or a noob. I have been told by several people that you are rude and disrespectful and I myself am sick of hearing you insult people every time you join the server.

Last edited by Aero_Beast; 07-13-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Slender Slender is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,845
Default

I don't get it. You justify the ban saying all that but the moment the ban occurred you gave the reason "fag"?

Being told things about someone shouldn't lead to a ban immediately he joins the server and that long. You should only apply it when such behaviors you were told are being put to use.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Aero_Beast Aero_Beast is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 141
Default

If you read the rules of the server you would see that that kind of behavior is prohibited. You have been kicked with warnings before I see no reason as to why my admin should be taken away.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Slender Slender is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,845
Default

Fair point. But no need to give "fag" as a reason, "Prohibited Behavior" would've been more appropriate. It just makes you look bad as the admin you are.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Solution: Fluffy gets one more chance, Aero stops using 'fag' as a reason for banning people (unless he's being deliberately hypocritical)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Fluffy Fluffy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: scotland
Posts: 279
Default

and a ban for a year just for intimidating you by using words like 'ez' and 'noob'... You must have been really mad, please be more considerate with you ban limits.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:40 PM
RedLight RedLight is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 143
Default

Fluffy, I've removed the ban. Aero, I suggest that you seriously consider whether your personal opinion of Fluffy is blinding the facts.

I hope that banning of this kind will not continue in pineapples.

Last edited by RedLight; 07-14-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-14-2012, 04:32 PM
blarg blarg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Solution: Fluffy gets one more chance, Aero stops using 'fag' as a reason for banning people (unless he's being deliberately hypocritical)
folks we have a winner
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-14-2012, 04:57 PM
elixirwithani elixirwithani is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sunaku pulls away, hesitant and unsure of these feelings he's feeling...
Posts: 329
Default

i was the last person alive on my team and 5-0'd the other team

then i said 'ded'

is that bannable

i don't want to get fluffy'd

i'm so confused

i'm so scared

hold me
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-16-2012, 12:47 PM
lemon lemon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 123
Default

1dm without powerups would be much better imo.

1. Randas are better with powerups than other planes.
2. No powerup camping waiting for health or whatever.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-16-2012, 04:41 PM
blarg blarg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon View Post
1dm without powerups would be much better imo.

1. Randas are better with powerups than other planes.
2. No powerup camping waiting for health or whatever.
i kinda agree. i think the way to do it is to have a map with no items. i was talking with silent skies about this a little while back so maybe he'll make his next map like this. health pickups are necessary though, otherwise repair becomes essential/OP.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Aero_Beast Aero_Beast is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 141
Default

I say instead of totally removing powerups from 1dm delay them for half the round time or more so the majority of the game gets played without them. When time becomes an issue having powerups helps keep people from just running around to kill time and tie.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-17-2012, 12:34 AM
blarg blarg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Beast View Post
I say instead of totally removing powerups from 1dm delay them for half the round time or more so the majority of the game gets played without them. When time becomes an issue having powerups helps keep people from just running around to kill time and tie.
very interesting idea. taking that a step further, suppose you had a map where there are several spots on the map where a group of two or three powerups spawn together. each group would spawn after a different delay, like at 30 sec for one group, 2 minutes for the next, etc. if your team could control that area leading up to the spawn time, you'd get a nice advantage. such a setup could eliminate some of the pussyfooting that is common in 1dm games (at least with organized teams).
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-02-2013, 02:11 PM
blarg blarg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 108
Default

pineapples servers are down indefinitely. the host vps failed and is not recoverable. it will probably be a while before i get around to setting it all up again.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:31 PM
blarg blarg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 108
Default

pineapples 1dm is back. it's on a new vps in dallas, texas, which i think will perform a bit better than the old one. your ping may also be ~10ms better depending on your location.

edit: thanks to reeslo for sending me his server files! (the linux installer wasn't working for me)

Last edited by blarg; 01-26-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Reeslo Reeslo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 106
Default

Very nice !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's a word that starts with "F" and ends in "uck"? Jrathje The Water Cooler 14 02-18-2014 06:40 AM
Rio Gov: "Stay in Home" Flight 666 The Water Cooler 12 11-25-2010 10:07 PM
"Resume" and "Disconnect" buttons further apart Inofaith Suggestions 10 11-23-2010 02:35 AM
"Clan" / "Team" system idea. matattack Suggestions 15 03-03-2010 03:34 AM
Adding "All Official Maps" in Server Configurator does not avoid repeats Pieface Suggestions 13 12-06-2009 08:01 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2008 Nimbly Games LLC