Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
Lol. I just put this up on the ladder. The background stutters like underpark's (it actually causes palin's altitude to lag out near instantly), there's a powerup on the bottom left that's collidable, and most hilariously, there are no bombs. Needless to say I reverted the ladder version back to the previous one. Might want to look into fixing it =x.
This version of the map literally crashed my Alti. It stuttered so hard I was seeing my typing appear 10 seconds after writing.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:23 AM

Not much of a fan of the new background...
Old 12-29-2010, 03:32 PM

This map is really fun imo, what do you think?
Old 12-29-2010, 06:57 PM

I think it is the most handsome alti map - congratz for that!
Unfortunately one can only play it in ladder (i think)... never realy understood why cant this map be official?...
I cant say i love how it plays because i dont like the bottom bomb route - and unfortunately i cant understand exactly why! Maybe if the rock in front of the base was shorter in height (distributing the space top and bottom) and putting the same rock some pixels away from base would make the diference. It would be easy in what concerns graphics fixing wich is good when one has such an elaborate work
Anyway, imo, it has everything to become "The Map"!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:09 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

I hate this map with the burning passion of a thousand fiery suns.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:40 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

allow me to elaborate:

just as a quick background, I main two planes (laser and remote) which is the core of the reason I hate this map so much.

as a laser when not bomb running, this map is extremely difficult for me to get going on. the open areas right by the bases allow me to hunt down explos, but if it's extremely hard to get a good flank going, especially because of the proximity to the enemy spawn - I can get a kill, but will likely die because of it. camping the low area near their base once the turrets are down allows me to ratio it up, but it doesn't help my team very much while they get pinned in our base 5v4. the low middle area of the map will get murdered by bomberspam, and the top middle of the map, while maneuverable, is basically one and a half choke points that can get massacred by a well placed explo missile or some bomberspam. as a runner, the miranda is inferior to a flexy biplane on this map in every conceivable way. bomb runs on this map don't play out like anything on any other map - the vast majority of bomb hits are balls-out sprints to the enemy base leading to a lob through the small tunnel after defending/giving up an enemy bomb hit. once the low turrets are gone, the strategy shifts to waiting for a shield and going low - once you get past that first rock the base is sitting on, it's a free hit every time. the biplane is much more suited to these roles considering it has much more health and straight-line speed with the bomb.

as an explo, this map is immensely frustrating and boring. the majority of the game is spend circling an inch away from your base trying to A) stop the high lob, B) try and prevent the enemy from getting under that first rock the base is sitting on, and C) trying to avoid crashing while circling while the bomb runner decides which way he wants to go. the only reason I play explo is because outside of the bomb runner there's not a plane in the game that can dictate the flow of game like a good remote can. as a remote on other team bomb maps, you typically lead the team's push towards the enemy base, with a powerup or without, and the pushing power of a strong explo is unmatched even by the best bombers. this is [i]fun[i]. however, on justice I tend to spend approximately 80% of the game circling above my base, which is definitely the opposite. I never get to lead the quasi-push as I can't get to powerups without leaving the base undefended, so it's a matter of letting whoever grabbed the shield/wall lead the rush to the low path while the enemy is still dead and hoping they get the hit.

so this is why I hate this map so much: I can pretty much either A) subjugate my team to my biplane running (lol), B) play explo and be bored out of my ****ing mind the entire game, or C) play bomber/loopy and be extremely awful while having slightly more fun than option B. I typically end up going with option B because it's the most useful to the team, but I've already stated why I hate that option so much.

<-- trolled by justice

;_;
Old 12-29-2010, 08:15 PM

Justice is my best running map, in fact, it's like the easiest non-randa running map, so deal with it. It's nice to have maps where the ghey planes take a back seat to aircraft with chest hair.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:30 PM

justice might be my favorite map
Old 12-30-2010, 12:39 AM

so SSD, basically what you're saying is Justice doesn't allow you to play the excact same way you play every other game of altitude on every other map..... and that's what is boring...... ... .
Old 12-30-2010, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig_bomb View Post
so SSD, basically what you're saying is Justice doesn't allow you to play the excact same way you play every other game of altitude on every other map..... and that's what is boring...... ... .
I didn't say it was a bad map (it isn't), I just elaborated as to why I hate it and wish you never made it. ^^
Old 12-30-2010, 04:43 AM

hehe yea justice is a troll imo
Old 12-30-2010, 06:44 AM

One of the most fun and dynamic maps out there. I never really got all the hate for this map.