Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-20-2013, 06:32 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default Let's Play Betrayal, Again

Betrayal (link 2) is about a group of people who explorer a house. About midway into the game, someone betrays the others and one of fifty scenarios take place (based on the conditions that caused the haunt).

In the majority of Haunts, one player is singled out as The Traitor, who has secretly lured these fools to their doom. The Traitor often gains special powers or commands minions, and must defeat the players before they can unmake his nefarious schemes.

The game runs up to six players. I want to have a channel of communication via Skype, Steam, and/or GTalk in addition to the forum to both poke people about moving, and talk them though their turn.

Each character has four stat sliders. When the game tells you to gain 1 Speed, you move your Speed marker up one position on the slider. This may or may not alter the number of dice you have. The different characters have different growths in addition to their various starting stats.

If any of your stats falls down to the X, you die.

As for the specific stats:

Physical Traits:
Speed: Each turn, you can travel one room per point of Speed. It is also used to avoid traps.

Might: The primary means of attacking. There are weapons that can increase your attack dice pool.

Mental Traits:
Sanity: Usually used to overcome things that scare you. Rarely, it can be used for a mental attack instead.

Knowledge: Used to research things or solve problems.

When the game calls for you to make a stat check, you roll a number of dice equal to your stat. The dice are unusual six-sided dice: their faces have the values 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2. So if the game asks for you to make a Might check of 3+ and you have a Might of 3, you roll three dice and hope to get a total of 3 or higher. I'll roll dice via an online dice roller.

The mansion is divided into three areas: the attic, the floor, and the basement. At the start of the game, all of the explorers are at the entrance to the mansion on the floor level. There is a staircase that leads to the attic, but the basement is initially inaccessible. You'll need to do some exploration to find a way down.

And that's basically all you need to know in order to play.

Cast:
The creepy Little Girl, aspiring doctor or doll collector (orange)
The Jock, Track star or Football star (red)
The Old Man, Professor or Reverend (white)
The Little Boy, bug collector or computer geek (green)
The Pyro Lady or Gipsy (blue)
The Young Woman, Bookworm or Miss Perfect (purple)

To play, you must be connected to me via Skype, Steam, and/or GTalk. This is a turn based game, in which inactive players don't have much action. Each player's turn is limited to two work days. If a player's turn ends sooner, all the better. The next player's time starts on the next day.

This game is not like Mafia in that there aren't pre-assigned rolls. We don't know who is the traitor when the game begins. Let me repeat that. We don't know who the traitor is when the game begins. It may be the person left of the haunt reveler ("As you grab the Spear you hear the front door of the house open. From upstairs, you hear one of your friend's menacing laughs cry out as he yells 'Welcome home Uncle.' Crimson Jack has returned home at last.") or it could be the haunt reveler ("The Ring you found insist that you put it on. Unable to ignore the gentle tug, you comply. For the briefest moment, you experience extreme pain. Then nothing. You look down to see nothing as well. As your mind slowly gains a grasp on what just happened, your inhibitions slowly fade away. Killing sounds nice, and those that are invisible have the easiest time doing it.") or there may be a hidden traitor (see the last game) or perhaps there isn't a traitor so much as a free for all ("An earthquake erupts upon the house, and just about everyone falls to the ground. Looking outside, you see the wing of a giant bird. The house is moving? Taking a better look, you see that this giant bawled eagle is actually carrying the house! You recall one of your friends noting that they stumbled upon a para shoot. There probably isn't very many of those. You should find one before they are all gone.").

Last edited by Aki1024; 03-23-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-20-2013, 06:32 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default




Note that cords may change as map size changes. Cords are useful for communicating what squares we are talking about.
My apologies to those with less than 1150px width resolution.

Questions asked by players that aren't Hero/Traitor specific:
Q: Why was Namlak chosen for traitor?
A: This haunt says the player with the highest might (in dice, not hp) is the traitor.
(extra) Haunt revealer is traitor in 13 Haunts. 8 Haunts has a traitor be the player left of the revealer. 5 either have no traitor, or none at first. 14 ask for lowest or highest of some trait (varies which trait). Some of these 14 ignore the revealer as a possible traitor (they often find the item that is needed by the traitor). There are two age of explorer based Haunts. There are 7 Haunts that ask for a particular explorer name to be traitor, with a fall back of a trait if that player is missing.

Q: Could you go over the movement rules involving hostiles?
A: Normally movement cost 1 point per tile traveled. When you are in a room with an opponent (any moving unit controlled by the opposite team) it cost 1 additional point per opponent you are trying to walk past. If you can't afford to get past all the opponents in the room plus leave the room, you are stuck. The exception of this is if you haven't yet traveled to another tile, players get a minimum of one movement. Start in a room with 20 zombies? Well, at least you can travel 1 tile.

Last edited by Aki1024; 07-09-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-20-2013, 06:33 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Animat3d, DDP, Clapon, 3v, Kai, Namlak
Current stats
Hero's Chat, Scenario text
Traitor Scenario text

Haunt: Comes the Hero
There is a statue in the Dining Room B4.
There is a Drip in the Tower I7. Any hero in this room attempting a trait roll uses 1 fewer dice.
There is a secret passage linking the Chapel (ground floor) and the Vault (basement).

Last edited by Aki1024; 05-05-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Kaida Kaida is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the space that joins here and there.
Posts: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Kaida
Default

Kai wants to play!!!!!

I'd like to play the creepy girl, if not then Miss Perfect, Old Man (professor), Pyro, Little Boy (computer geek), or Jock (track star).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:15 AM
soccernamlak soccernamlak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 328
Default

I would like to sign up for any open character slot. I understand that by playing last game (which was a lot of fun by-the-way save for DN betraying us all, as usual) that I will be placed on the "waiting" list if you will.

Still, if you need a 6th man, I'd be more than willing to step up.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Kennedy Kennedy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: On scum's trail
Posts: 989
Default

I'm down.

orange/white/purple/green/blue
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Duck Duck Pwn Duck Duck Pwn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MURCA
Posts: 1,053
Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn
Default

seems like soccer beat me to the punch from people that played last time, but I'd definitely be down to play again if there's room.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Animat3d Animat3d is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2
Default

Looking forward to playing. My preferred character choices are as follows:

Old Man, Little Boy, Jock, Young Woman, Little Girl

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 PM
GGQ GGQ is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada, the frozen north
Posts: 937
Default

add more characters! I wanna play again

edit- i guess im number 6 if no one else signs up

Last edited by GGQ; 03-20-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGQ View Post
add more characters! I wanna play again

edit- i guess im number 6 if no one else signs up
Though adding more characters is dangerous for making the heroes over powered to the traitor, this makes me wonder how well this game would run over a screen sharing app with Mumble and played in a single sitting. In person, it takes about 45m to an hour to play.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-21-2013, 07:36 PM
GGQ GGQ is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada, the frozen north
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki1024 View Post
Though adding more characters is dangerous for making the heroes over powered to the traitor, this makes me wonder how well this game would run over a screen sharing app with Mumble and played in a single sitting. In person, it takes about 45m to an hour to play.
that seems workable to me
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Duck Duck Pwn Duck Duck Pwn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MURCA
Posts: 1,053
Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn
Default

That would work for me as well. It just might be hard to get everyone on at once
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Played a game on Mumble with Clapon, Howl, Kai, Shmo, and SSD. Shmo was the traitor with the cannibal freaks and her Dog. Shmo and Kevin ate everyone and won.

It was a lot of fun and I think I want to make this a weekly thing. Likely to play next Thur or Friday.

Last edited by Aki1024; 03-23-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-22-2013, 12:14 PM
soccernamlak soccernamlak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki1024 View Post
Played a game on Mumble with Clapon, Howl, Kai, Shmo, and SSD. Shmo was the traitor with the cannibal freaks and her Dog. Shmo and Kevin ate everyone and won.

It was a lot of fun and I think I want to make this a weekly thing. Likely to play next Friday.
Typical shmo.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-23-2013, 04:16 AM
Animat3d Animat3d is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki1024 View Post
Though adding more characters is dangerous for making the heroes over powered to the traitor, this makes me wonder how well this game would run over a screen sharing app with Mumble and played in a single sitting. In person, it takes about 45m to an hour to play.
Or give the traitor a percentage bonus dependent upon the number of extra characters to even the playing field?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animat3d View Post
Or give the traitor a percentage bonus dependent upon the number of extra characters to even the playing field?
To combat that each scenario is different, and each needs to be balanced separately, I would likely need to pick a single scenario, balance for it, and forced that scenario to happen.

Mumble Game 2 with Namlak, Shmo, SSD, and 3v. 3v was the traitor who feed the house with the life force of his "friends" for continued immortality. In the end, the Medallion failed to keep Namlak alive as his allies dropped like flies in a dramatic chain reaction of sudden aging death. Just like the last mumble game, this game saw the traitor lost alone in the basement unable to join the action.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-23-2013, 07:49 PM
GGQ GGQ is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada, the frozen north
Posts: 937
Default

wtf let me know when you guys are playing!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGQ View Post
wtf let me know when you guys are playing!
We pug'ed both those games much the same way ladder gets started. Pinging lots of people on friends list. I don't recall seeing you online at the time, but memory doesn't serve well.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

I'll get this started soon. Namlak will be the sixth. Turn order needs figured out too. Likely random.

<edit>
Board is updated.
Kai vs Kennedy for Orange. Higher gets char. (1d100=15, 1d100=21) Kennedy higher by 6.
Kennedy gets orange.
Kai uncontested for purple.
Animat3d uncontested for white.
Left is Red, Green, and Blue.
3v, Clapon, Namlak rolls for remaining colors. highest result gets Green, then Blue, and lowest gets Red. (1d100=74, 1d100=86, 1d100=58)
Clapon, 3v, Namlak

Now for turn order: Turn order, Highest first: Animat3d, Clapon, Kai, Kennedy, Namlak, 3v (1d1000=795, 1d1000=454, 1d1000=255, 1d1000=531, 1d1000=67, 1d1000=278)
Resulting in: Animat3d, Kennedy, Clapon, 3v, Kai, Namlak. I need to know which half of your color you want to be from everyone. Please see this list to know what your choices are.

<edit2> My next online game of Betrayal is likely Thursday or Friday. Be on mumble to coordinate (or message me in the evening asking about it).

Last edited by Aki1024; 04-03-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-03-2013, 04:56 PM
soccernamlak soccernamlak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki1024 View Post
I'll get this started soon. Namlak will be the sixth. Turn order needs figured out too. Likely random.

<edit>
Board is updated.
Kai vs Kennedy for Orange. Higher gets char. (1d100=15, 1d100=21) Kennedy higher by 6.
Kennedy gets orange.
Kai uncontested for purple.
Animat3d uncontested for white.
Left is Red, Green, and Blue.
3v, Clapon, Namlak rolls for remaining colors. highest result gets Green, then Blue, and lowest gets Red. (1d100=74, 1d100=86, 1d100=58)
Clapon, 3v, Namlak

Now for turn order: Turn order, Highest first: Animat3d, Clapon, Kai, Kennedy, Namlak, 3v (1d1000=795, 1d1000=454, 1d1000=255, 1d1000=531, 1d1000=67, 1d1000=278)
Resulting in: Animat3d, Kennedy, Clapon, 3v, Kai, Namlak. I need to know which half of your color you want to be from everyone. Please see this list to know what your choices are.

<edit2> My next online game of Betrayal is likely Thursday or Friday. Be on mumble to coordinate (or message me in the evening asking about it).
I'll be Ox
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Is that a turkey Animat3d smells to his right? The Reverend heads to the south and finds a kitchen. This L shaped room opens to the West. There is an omen in this room. A Dog is sitting by an empty food bowl. (link for what the Dog can do)

Haunt: Animat3d, Kitchen, Dog (6d3-6=8) This is not the haunt.

It is now Kennedy's turn.

Last edited by Aki1024; 04-04-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-05-2013, 05:29 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

The third game on mumble was with SSD, Kai, Festizio and GGQ. SSD, wearing armor and carrying a shield, slowly walked upstairs while Kai stat built and Festizio running away from GGQ's Dragon that he wished into existence. The dragon, mainly rolling 2 on 3 dice, slowly followed the heroes. After the dragon ate Festizio, Kai stabbed the Dragon in the neck, killing it in one single anticlimactic blow. The Dragon Slaying Queen has two notches on her Spear.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-05-2013, 06:17 AM
GGQ GGQ is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada, the frozen north
Posts: 937
Default

I didn't realise that the regular old spear was also the Mythical Lance of DragonPwning +4.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

It doesn't appear that Kennedy is around. I've asked DDP to replace him. DDP was listed as random and was given the choice between keeping orange or taking purple. He let Kai take the orange she wanted.

DDP (Jenny) has entered the game. DDP heads upstairs and to the north, finding a Gymnasium. This L shaped room opens to the east. Something else is in the room. This something Bites DDP.

Gym: Omen: Bite. First is the attack, second is DDP's defense. (4d3-4=3, 4d3-4=3)

Whatever it was, she was able to fend it off without taking damage.

Haunt Roll: Gym Bite DDP (6d3-6=3) This is not the haunt (3 is greater then or equal to 2)

For ending her turn in the Gymnasium, DDP gains 1 speed. Any player ending their turn in this room can also gain 1 speed once per game.

It is now Clapon's turn.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-07-2013, 04:52 AM
GGQ GGQ is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada, the frozen north
Posts: 937
Default

Father Rhinehardt with sanity ring! BOOM demons BOOM!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-07-2013, 04:55 AM
Dark_Sage Dark_Sage is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: teh internetz
Posts: 445
Default

Bug Catcher Peter has challenged you to a battle! Bug Catcher Peter used "Push 9-year old girl off a cliff and fly away with a feather"! It's super effective!

Last edited by Dark_Sage; 04-07-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-07-2013, 05:04 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

The fourth game was GGQ, Kai, DN, Sage, Charm3d and Animat3d. Animat3d found the Ring of King Solomon, which warned him that demons were coming. Kai, the Traitor, barely got the hear the arrival of her master before being shoved off a tower by Sage.

The ring quickly found it's way to Charm3d who gained control of half the demon lackeys, then gave the ring to GGQ. Quite some time later, GGQ ended the game by killing the Demon Lord.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Clapon heads to the north and finds a Dusty Hallway. This room did not reveal a card, so he may continue moving. He has 3 squares of movement more.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-09-2013, 06:21 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

After exploring for a while, Clapon finds himself downstairs in the Statuary Corridor.

The Walls - This room is warm. Flesh-like walls pulse with a steady heartbeat. Your own heart beats with the rhythm of the house. You are drawn into the walls... and emerge somewhere else in the house.

The fleshy walls lead the little boy into the Furnace Room.
This room is warm. Quite warm. Each time a player ends their turn in this room, they take one physical damage. There is also an Medallion in this room.

Haunt: Furnace Room, Medallion, Clapon (6d3-6=8) This is not the haunt. 8>=3

Location of Furnace Room pending Clapon's choice. >.>

It is now 3v's turn.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Duck Duck Pwn Duck Duck Pwn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MURCA
Posts: 1,053
Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn
Default

what is the medallion
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Right! Explaining what cards do. Medallion: The owner is immune to the effects of the Pentagram Chamber, Crypt, and Graveyard.

3v heads to the west of the Kitchen and finds the Chapel. Any player ending their turn in this room gains 1 sanity (once per game per player). She finds the event "Image in the Mirror (give)" which requires someone to have an item to have effect. Since no one does, her turn comes to an end.

It is now Kai's turn.

Last edited by Aki1024; 04-10-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-10-2013, 05:29 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Kai travels upstairs and to the west, finding the Organ Room. This L shape room has an exit to the north. There is also an event in this room.

The wind picks up, a slow crescendo to a screeching howl. Each explorer in a windowed room must make a might roll. 3v is the only person in such a room.

Event: Shrieking Wind (2d3-2=1) The wind chills 3v's soul. She takes 1 die of mental damage.
Event: Shrieking Wind, 1d mental damage for 3v (1d3-1=0) The Pyro is unharmed by the chilling effects.

It is now Namlak's turn.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Namlak travels upstairs and to the east, finding a Madman looking out the window of the Balcony.

The Madman improves might by 2, but reduces sanity by 1. If he is lost, the stats are reversed. This omen can't be dropped, traded, or stolen.

My dice rolling service is 503 atm. Next time it is online, I'll roll the haunt. Assuming this isn't the haunt, it is now Animat3d's turn.

<edit>Thu: 3pm MT, it is still 503.
<edit>Fri: 5pm MT, it is still 503. May have to make rolls locally.
<edit>Fri: 8pm MT, I've rolled locally. The roll was a 4. This is equal to the number of omens, but not less then. This is not the haunt.

Last edited by Aki1024; 04-13-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-13-2013, 04:37 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Animat3d travels out of the Kitchen and south of the Foyer, finding a Bloody Room. The Dog finds a Lucky Stone in the room and brings it to Animat3d.

The Lucky Stone can be used once to reroll any number of dice from a roll.

DDP heads to the west, finding the Tower. There is a needling sound of drips. Constant drips. The source of this dripping isn't obvious. This annoyance causes explorers to roll 1 less dice on all trait rolls while in this room.

It is now Clapon's turn.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Clapon heads to the west, finding the Mystic Elevator. It rolls a 3 (rolled in person as my dice rolling site is still 503), allowing the elevator to move to any square in the upstairs. To the east of the Balcony is where Clapon chooses to leave the elevator as he leaves it.

Heading south of the upper landing, using all four squares of his movement, he finds a Library to relax in. It's second opening leads to the east. The event inside the room tries to hurt everyone in the basement... which is no one.

Clapon gains 1 Knowledge for ending his turn in the Library, something everyone can do once per game.

It is now 3v's turn.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-18-2013, 03:42 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

3v leaves the Organ Room, heads north across the front door, then heads west, finding the Dining Room. The Mask is in this room.

The Mask requires a 4+ sanity roll to either put on or take off. When put on, sanity goes down by 2, but knowledge goes up by 2. When taken off, these stats are reversed.

The haunt roll for the Dining Room with the Mask is 4. Four is less then the number of omens that have been found. This is the haunt. (again, local roll, my dice site is 503).

Comes the Hero
Namlak has turned Traitor. He has been gifted immortality and invulnerability, but must perform a human sacrifice to keep these gifts. Can the Heroes figure out a way to stop him?

As with most Betrayal games, this is the point where the heroes read their section, and the Traitor reads his or hers. Because this scenario is normal in that the traitor isn't hidden, I can't post the entire story that is happening.

It would be easiest for me to have an open document with the heroes so that we can chat in there. If I don't have your Gmail address, please send it my way so I can share you the doc.

Heroes doc: Kai, Animat3d, DDP, 3v
Missing on Heroes Doc: Clapon
Haven't talked to Namlak yet either.

Once everyone has been talked to and had any questions of answered, we will continue with Animat3d's turn (when the Haunt is revealed, turn order goes to the player after the traitor, giving all heroes 1 move before the traitor moves).

[FAQ moved to 2nd post]

Last edited by Aki1024; 04-26-2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Third post gained links to Hero chat and the Traitor's Scenario text. Only those on that team have access to their side's files. It appears we are ready to move forward.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Animat3d heads south and finds a Graveyard. As he enters the Graveyard, he looks back to the Bloody Room and sees fog. The fog then dissipates and he still is looking into the Bloody Room, but the room farther of him is now a blocked wall. The Graveyard has moved from C7 to D6 by the event triggered in the Graveyard.

The Graveyard requires explorers to roll Sanity upon leaving. Should they get 0-3 on that roll, they will lose 1 Knowledge. Their movement is unhindered.

It is now DDP's turn.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-23-2013, 03:05 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

DDP heads downstairs to C4, finding a Creaky Hallway. She has spent all five of her movement points, and is unable to continue walking this turn.

It is now Clapon's turn.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Aki1024 Aki1024 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Across from you at a chess table. Your play is?
Posts: 1,080
Default

Clapon runs to the elevator and hits the first button he sees (rolls 4 for the elevator, go where he wants it to go). It connects to the creaky hallway. He has used all his movement points this turn (1 north, 1 east, 1 to get past Namlak, and 1 more into the elevator).

It is now 3v's turn. (map up to date)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Let's Play Betrayal at House on the Hill Aki1024 Mafia 124 01-11-2013 02:12 AM
Where to play now ? zenek General Altitude Discussion 7 05-21-2010 08:31 PM
Can't play through "Play Now" link on website Dre__ Tech Support 2 04-17-2010 10:08 AM
Would you be more likely to play? Karl Suggestions 14 04-09-2010 12:34 AM
Help I can't play! r87 Tech Support 5 01-13-2010 02:57 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2008 Nimbly Games LLC