Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious
Default Bot restrictions

I know at least one of these (probably both) has been brought up before, but I see no reason these couldn't be implemented.

1. Don't allow bots to pick up the bomb. Perhaps allow them to "catch" a bomb that has been lost by another plane, but bots grabbing the bomb at the spawn or base is generally detrimental to your team.

2. Don't allow bots to use Ace Instincts. Maybe reverse should be added to this, but I can't remember seeing bots using rev.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:43 AM

I agree on the first one, it is quite disheartening to see a bot take the bomb. While they make good and reliable passers in ball, they kinda ruin the flow in TBD. Not to mention the less bombing training Skynet gets, the better.

Not so agree on the second one, I generally view bots as serial killers and see them more often than not with multiple bars. At a certain level of difficulty, they're really efficient and even more feared than players. They may not be using AI (coincidence ? I think not) to its full extent but do they use any perks to their full extent ?
Can't recall seeing a bot reversing either and I'm not sure I want to see it, so agreed if it's not already forbidden.

Last edited by Sunaku; 10-22-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:45 AM

I've seen a bot using Laser/Repair/Instincts own SSD a few times in one pubby. Good times...

Anyway, I agree on the first.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
I've seen a bot using Laser/Repair/Instincts own SSD a few times in one pubby. Good times...

Anyway, I agree on the first.
Way to kick a guy when he's down. Not cool man, not cool.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:30 AM

In his defense, he was goofin off with whale, but it still wasn't any less funny. ^^
Old 10-22-2010, 04:59 PM

Hi,

I don't know if I'd want a specific modification to be made for bomber bots. I think it's just another thing to look out for when you're playing. If you are in a 7 vs 7 match and a bot is wasting bombs, your team is doing something wrong.
On the other hand, if you play at strange hours when other humans are still sleeping, you might find that on a 3 vs 3 TBD match it is better to be the bomber-bot's wingman than it is to expect the bot to give you cover.

On this subject, perhaps it would be a worthwhile modification if a team AI control panel is set up... something for your team to set during the match:
1) turrets target first:
a) nearest target
b) bomb carriers
c) heavy planes
d) light planes
2) bots role
a) base/goal defence
b) bomb/ball carrying
c) chase gold bars
d) bomb/ball carrier support

HMS Failboat
Old 10-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotflolocopter View Post
I don't know if I'd want a specific modification to be made for bomber bots. I think it's just another thing to look out for when you're playing. If you are in a 7 vs 7 match and a bot is wasting bombs, your team is doing something wrong.
On the other hand, if you play at strange hours when other humans are still sleeping, you might find that on a 3 vs 3 TBD match it is better to be the bomber-bot's wingman than it is to expect the bot to give you cover.
I'm talking 5v5 [edit: I guess 5v4 really]. Industry standard. But it's a problem at any size. It's just a pain when you're about to spawn and a bot wanders over and picks up the bomb. On a non-neutral map, it's a waste and if the bot for some reason isn't killed immediately, it's even more of a time sink. Yeah, you can grab the rebound, etc., but it doesn't usually work well in competitive games.

I guess I'm just thinking that out of the hundreds of times I've seen a bot grab the bomb, I've only seen it be useful to the team a few times. Those aren't good odds, so why keep it in the game?

Btw, I don't feel as strongly about Ace Instincts... I just brought it up because it can be annoying sometimes to see a bot go 2-8 with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotflolocopter View Post
On this subject, perhaps it would be a worthwhile modification if a team AI control panel is set up... something for your team to set during the match:
1) turrets target first:
a) nearest target
b) bomb carriers
c) heavy planes
d) light planes
2) bots role
a) base/goal defence
b) bomb/ball carrying
c) chase gold bars
d) bomb/ball carrier support
Team-controlled bots. Interesting idea.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:48 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
In his defense, he was goofin off with whale, but it still wasn't any less funny. ^^
iirc I ended up nuking him so he would stop killing me as I attempted to mine hop bomb run

annoying little bugger