Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Server News

Server News Announcements related to privately hosted servers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-31-2011, 05:54 AM
Juin Juin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pyongyang, North Korea
Posts: 81
Default Co-op Sandbox

Shortened link to this thread: http://j.mp/altisandbox You can use this to bring people to this thread from in-game.

Co-op Sandbox
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Host: corrado33

Co-op Sandbox #2 *** Currently offline due to alien abduction.
Location: Minnesota, USA
Host: WhiteShadow

Co-op Sandbox #3 *** Currently offline due to solar radiation.
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Host: KAK BO CHE

All servers share the same database, have more or less the same maps, and the following settings:
Max. Ping: Over 9000
Max. Players: 14
Administrators:
  • Active: corrado33, Stig, DMCM, Geiro, Bob17, lollol/mau5/
  • Inactive: KAK BO CHE, WhiteShadow, AmateurLobster, Juin

RULES:
  1. Do not start mid-map votes without the permission of the living players.
  2. Do not flood, in any way (chat, team changes, etc.).
  3. Racism/derogatory remarks will not be tolerated.
  4. Respect the admins. They have a ban hammer.
  5. Do not use map exploits to win.


COMMANDS:
The server runs a little program, codename SLAPJACKS. Wait for it...
Statistical Log Analyzer and Parser by Juin for Altitude's Co-op Killer Servers.
No, this is not a dream. It has a bunch of features but it mostly keeps track of a lot of data and produces stats from its database. The amount of commands is a bit limited because of a known bug in the Altitude server code that prevents people from having large server configurations, but I digress:
  • /rank: Displays your rating points and your rank.
  • /playerRank <player>: Displays <player>'s rating points and rank.
  • /listRanks <category>:
    • /listRanks teamMates: Displays the rank and rating of your teammates, which, in co-op, means everyone who's in the server.
    • /listRanks top7: Displays the top 7 players and their respective rating points. Also displays the amount of "active" players in the database.
  • /listDemoPlayers: Displays a list of players who are currently using a demo account.
  • /roundStats <round ID>: Displays a whole lot of information about a particular round. The round ID can be obtained from post-game server chat or from /mapStats.
  • /mapStats <category> <map>:
    • /mapStats general <map>: Displays general information about <map>: finished/unfinished rounds, success rate, average round duration, average life duration, turret kills, team kills, etc.
    • /mapStats records <map>: Displays the top 5 records for <map> with their respective round ID, so you can use /roundStats if you wish to get more information about each of those rounds.
    • /mapStats players <map>: Displays the most successful players of <map>, divided by accumulated base destructions and turret damage.
    • /mapStats planes <map>: This is probably one of the most useful commands for new players. It displays the most successful plane setups for <map>. So if you don't know what plane to use for a map, you can use this command to find out what people are succeeding with.
In addition to most of the standard /vote commands, we have the following:
  • /vote restartMap: Silly, a bit redundant with /vote changeMap, but saves some typing and it's clearer for newcomers. It reloads the current map.
  • /vote show boobies: Provides a glimpse at the meaning of life.

Suggestions are more than welcome, although there are only so many nights I can invest to formatting large amounts of data to make it fit in the chatbox -and even then, it's still very limited-, so I'm working on a proper website for this and not making more in-game commands at the moment. As for the way the rating works, I'll ask corrado33 to write something here, as he was the one who came up with the formula for it.

Some other silly stuff you can type in:
!rules
!admin
!spec
!kickme
!ping
!mumble
!chipin / !donate


AUTOMATIC BANS:
The server has a module that automatically bans people who flood the chat, flood with team-changes, or have names that contain certain keywords. These keywords are mostly offensive terms in English, with the exception of the {DB} tag. If you're wearing that tag, you won't be able to get in the server. Unlike whatever you might have heard, this is not a personal vendetta of any sort. {DB} is run in a way I consider detrimental to the community, especially to the minorities that fall victim to the bullying that happens beneath its mask. While this might seem ridiculous to some, I've seen enough to take it seriously and will not allow it on my server. We can't make exceptions to this, so please don't ask. The only way to get in is by removing {DB} from your name.


DONATIONS:
ChipIn: http://coopsandbox.chipin.com/
Currently, the servers are hosted on corrado33's and WhiteShadow's home connections. They've been far too kind by providing this, but now that we're expanding and working on things like a major community-powered website, we're aiming at getting a dedicated server. So if you have a little bit of money to spare, we could really use your help. People who donate will be rewarded once we get the server! Rewards could be anything from some secret stuff I've been preparing for the website, to their own custom Altitude server for an amount of time proportional to the money they donate.


Some silly stats to fill this thread (taken on Nov. 1st, 2011):
Total players in database: 3894

Demo players: 1964 (50.4%) - WTF, right?

Altitude Ace Ranks:

So the top 3 most popular ace ranks are 0, 1, and... TEN, lol

Top 3 most developed demo players:


Top 3 longest sessions (hh:mm:ss):

omg, Welly was connected to the server for over 7 hours, nonstop.

Top 5 longest accumulated session duration (total play time on the server):

Figures. Three of those are admins.

Last edited by Juin; 05-12-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-31-2011, 05:54 AM
Juin Juin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pyongyang, North Korea
Posts: 81
Default

Top 3 most kicked players:


Top 5 most popular maps:

Last edited by Juin; 11-08-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-31-2011, 10:05 PM
RedLight RedLight is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 143
Default

I've been watching this server grow and mature, and I'm really happy to see a great server in the making that can finally bring those who enjoy co-op together, and make it a team sport. I look forward to an awesome time with this. Great work!

Last edited by RedLight; 11-01-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-01-2011, 01:41 AM
AmateurLobster AmateurLobster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 87
Default

I agree, this is a great server.

A couple of questions

- Can we report people who break the rules and vote midmap,etc?

- Can you give us the exact formula used for the ranking?

- Would you give me the database you have? I'll like to play with different ranking methods as I think coop is a strange beast to try and rank people.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-01-2011, 04:51 AM
Juin Juin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pyongyang, North Korea
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmateurLobster View Post
Can we report people who break the rules and vote midmap,etc?
At the moment and until the website comes to life, the only "support" resource would be the in-game admins. I guess if no admins are around and you take screenshots, you could post them on this thread for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmateurLobster View Post
Can you give us the exact formula used for the ranking?
I haven't really stopped to learn how it works, but I can tell you the following: similarly to ladder, our algorithm is based on the ELO rating system. Each player begins with a rating of 1500 points (first time they join the server), and that can go up or down as they win or lose, respectively. The algorithm requires an opponent which, since this is co-op, is the map itself. Each map has its own rating. Most maps become less difficult with more concurrent players, so we store a rating per map and per player count. For instance, in the database exist rows like:

Map: 1de_coop_101
Player count: 14
Rating: 800

and

Map: 1de_coop_101
Player count: 3
Rating: 2300

The map rating can be thought of as the map difficulty. In this case, 800 is way below the base rating, so it should be easy to beat with 14 players and thusly, you'll get less points than if you beat it with 3 players.
The ranks are just a list of all the ratings, sorted in descending order. I'll ping corrado33; he can write something more meaningful than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmateurLobster View Post
Would you give me the database you have? I'll like to play with different ranking methods as I think coop is a strange beast to try and rank people.
The database is a bit of a mess in some aspects - some tables could really use a reset. I had no knowledge of database schema or PHP prior to this project, so the development has been an unorganized product of googling and reminding myself how my mom used to say I was smart. Some sensitive player information exists in the database (i.e. IPs), so if you don't mind waiting for a bit (and possibly insisting) for me to produce a "stripped" copy of the database, I'll gladly hand it to you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-01-2011, 06:39 PM
RedLight RedLight is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juin View Post
I'll gladly hand it to you.
Count me in on that too. Also, as you already know I'm available to help with the graphical side of things (as well as some front-end clients), so just ping me when you need me.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-02-2011, 01:40 AM
corrado33 corrado33 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juin View Post
I haven't really stopped to learn how it works, but I can tell you the following: similarly to ladder, our algorithm is based on the ELO rating system. Each player begins with a rating of 1500 points (first time they join the server), and that can go up or down as they win or lose, respectively. The algorithm requires an opponent which, since this is co-op, is the map itself. Each map has its own rating. Most maps become less difficult with more concurrent players, so we store a rating per map and per player count. For instance, in the database exist rows like:

Map: 1de_coop_101
Player count: 14
Rating: 800

and

Map: 1de_coop_101
Player count: 3
Rating: 2300

The map rating can be thought of as the map difficulty. In this case, 800 is way below the base rating, so it should be easy to beat with 14 players and thusly, you'll get less points than if you beat it with 3 players.
The ranks are just a list of all the ratings, sorted in descending order. I'll ping corrado33; he can write something more meaningful than this.
Juin has learned enough about the rating system to become dangerous!

Anyway, he is correct in what he said but he forgot a few things. The map ratings are not static. In fact, they all start at 2000. (We chose to start the maps higher because we knew they would go up since more rounds are lost in coop than won, so we just gave them a head start. And it made it easier for players to gain rank when the server was first launched.) So essentially every map with every player count has an initial value of 2000 until it's played. It just so happens that most maps are easier with more people, so they get beat more often with more people, therefore the ratings naturally stratify into "more people = lower map difficulty." (I was actually surprised when I found out that this is actually true. I mean, Juin and I predicted it would happen like that, but we were both surprised when it happened as perfectly as it did.)

This works in our benefit as well. As coop naturally progresses, maps fall into and out of popularity. As they get beat more and more, they get easier, and players get less ranking gains from beating them, therefore pushing them to try new maps. Also, "hard" maps are great for players because if they win, they gain a lot of rating, but if they lose they don't lose as much as they would on an easier map. So it's a "win-win" situation.

The map difficulty is also based on who you play with. Obviously, if you play with some of the top rated coop players, the map will be easier because of their tremendous skill. (Did I mention I'm #2 currently? ) All jokes aside, playing with better players makes the map easier because they will most likely win, even if you die. On the contrary to that, if a coop regular that is ranked high plays with a bunch of newer players who are ranked very low, the coop regular's rating is somewhat protected because the map is "technically" harder for that player. To put it blunt, since the regular's teammates most likely are terrible, it makes the map harder. Admit it, when you first started coop and had no idea what to do you were terrible too. That's the cool thing about coop, you actually have to learn how to solve the puzzles without dying.

Now, some of you may be wondering why we did it like this. Well, we chose an actual tried and true ranking system because it's fair for everybody. In systems where you gain XP per map you beat, much like systems where you gain XP per turret you kill, it'd be IMPOSSIBLE for a newer player to catch up to people that play every day. It's also be impossible for someone who plays once a week to keep up with people who play twice a day. With our rating system, everyone has a fair chance. All they have to do is win. We definitely didn't want to base our rating system on turret or base kills because those are too easy to spoof and cheat. Maps with tons of turrets would be favored over "rush" coop maps.

Also, people with ratings closer to the initial rating of 1500 get a "boost" of rating. This is to allow newer players to settle into their actual rating faster so they don't have to play a TON of games to get to where their true skill level is represented by their rating.

However, there are some disadvantages to our system. First and foremost, with a system like the elo rating system, players that are ranked extremely high might not want to play for fear of losing rating. Well, we thought of that, and if you suddenly stop playing as much as you usually do when you get a good rating, you're rating will start to slowly drop off. For example, to be one of the top rated in our system, you basically can't lose. I lose 20 or so points every time I lose a round, and I only gain 2 or 3 at max. You do the math. So, when I was number 1, I could have sat around and not played and let people try to catch up to me. But we didn't want that to happen. That's why we implemented this part of the system.

Also, technically our system could be cheated by a very dedicated player who creates a bunch of different demo account and loses a TON on a map then comes in with their main account and beats the map. We thought of this. We know who has multiple accounts. Just remember that ALL of your information is stored in our database every time you come into the server. So if you try something like this, we will know, and we will ban you.

I've already had complaints from high ranking players that the system is unfair because they never gain rating. I can relate. On seafight (one of the more popular easy maps now) I gain 0 rating. Yes, I don't gain any rating whatsoever. And I doubt any of the top 10 or 15 players do. So, here is what I tell them.

PLAY HARDER MAPS AND STOP PLAYING THE SAME ONES OVER AND OVER AND OVER!

(Ok I don't really yell at them, but that's my advice.)

There are also little things about our rating system that we don't really want to tell everybody, but they make things more fair and harder to cheat.

All in all, we strive to create a fair environment where everyone feels welcome and no one feels like they can never be competitive.

With that said. Make sure to obey the rules of the sever. Our admins are not afraid to ban people. We will give you warnings and if you still manage to ignore them, you will get banned. Just use common sense. If you are doing something that is making other players have less fun, you're most likely breaking a rule.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask us in game. If we're playing we might not answer you (because we don't want to lose), but just give us time to finish the round and we'll gladly answer any questions you have.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Medo Medo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: >>>>EGYPTT<<<<
Posts: 38
Default

[QUOTE=Juin;145823]Top 3 most kicked players:


WTF?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-26-2011, 10:03 AM
DMCM DMCM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,049
Default

[QUOTE=Medo;149742]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juin View Post
Top 3 most kicked players:


WTF?
!Rules

10chars
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-2011, 03:06 AM
AmateurLobster AmateurLobster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Top 5 longest accumulated session duration (total play time on the server):

Figures. Three of those are admins.
Seems like those other guys should be invited to become admins
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-13-2011, 05:38 PM
corrado33 corrado33 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmateurLobster View Post
Seems like those other guys should be invited to become admins
Was that a hint?

EDIT: BTW: 11/12/11 Best Coop day know to history.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Taylay Taylay is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado33 View Post
Was that a hint?

EDIT: BTW: 11/12/11 Best Coop day know to history.
Yes, you and your robot voice was excelent :P

We did a lot of records
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-13-2011, 09:20 PM
soccernamlak soccernamlak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado33 View Post
Was that a hint?

EDIT: BTW: 11/12/11 Best Coop day know to history.
Absolutely! I had a blast with you guys! I usually try to balance between Dojo and Sandbox on a Saturday night, but last night was just too much fun
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:09 AM
sky sky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado33 View Post
was that a hint?

edit: Btw: 11/12/11 best coop day know to history.
agreed i am staying in altitude 1 month longer because of this day legit love eveyone who was there
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Jesus Jesus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Heaven
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado33 View Post
EDIT: BTW: 11/12/11 Best Coop day know to history.
This. Coop last night was a lot of fun.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Juin Juin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pyongyang, North Korea
Posts: 81
Default

I am proud to say I am not on this list. But, damn it, I wish I were.


Top 7 longest sessions for Nov. 12th, 2011.

Edit: btw, donation info added to the main post. :-)

Last edited by Juin; 11-14-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Corrado, your so addicted.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-14-2011, 07:12 PM
soccernamlak soccernamlak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juin View Post
I am proud to say I am not on this list. But, damn it, I wish I were.


Top 7 longest sessions for Nov. 12th, 2011.

Edit: btw, donation info added to the main post. :-)
Heh, the sad part is I might have been a tad higher up (with at least a few more hours in) if I hadn't switched over to Dojo a few times that night on certain maps.

But not as crazy as Corrado; that's just insanity taken to the next level

Edit: It looks like Corrado also overtook Welly for longest (Top 3) in-server sessions as well.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-12-2014, 12:36 AM
Jesus Jesus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Heaven
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado33 View Post
EDIT: BTW: 11/12/11 Best Coop day know to history.
Soon to be the third anniversary.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Mango777 Mango777 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West coast
Posts: 317
Default

whoever hosts the "Coop Sandbox" server, the 1de_coop_kead is MASSIVE. could someone make it smaller?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-20-2015, 10:58 PM
Brutal Brutal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UNITED STATES
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango777 View Post
whoever hosts the "Coop Sandbox" server, the 1de_coop_kead is MASSIVE. could someone make it smaller?
It is only massive because of the background that is on it. The only thing that could be fixed to make the download faster would be to remove the background.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-08-2012, 02:15 AM
fainaent fainaent is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 62
Default Take away Amateur's admin capabilities

This is X, MemberX, X.cv, etc...

I joined the test server, and started a mid-map balance vote when the last remaining player said to balance. I was banned. I came back two minutes later and was immediately banned again by amateurlobster because 'you're not a map tester'.

I told him off in a PM, at which point he un-friended me, and banned me for 14 days from Coop Sandbox.

Simple admin abuse from someone who isn't mature enough to have the responsibility.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-08-2012, 02:16 AM
fainaent fainaent is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 62
Default

I was also banned for 7 days from Coop Sandbox 2 and 3, and 14 days on the test server.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-08-2012, 03:33 AM
fainaent fainaent is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 62
Default

Kudos as well for the other admins I spoke to for not helping. Coop is the main reason I play alti, so that makes me rage somewhat.

Feels like Lord of The Rings when Theoden says 'The old alliances are dead'.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-08-2012, 04:35 AM
Juin Juin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pyongyang, North Korea
Posts: 81
Default

Admins, please follow a rational and consistent progression of ban durations when you hand out bans. After inspecting some old logs and the database, I found a ridiculous amount of players who were banned for at least a week on their first session (the first time they played on one of our servers). That's wrong.

Please consider sticking with this or making a similar progression if you wish.
2 min. (/kick) -> 1 day -> 1 week -> 1 month -> 3 months -> forever

Also, a ban on the test server should not transcend to the other servers, unless the reason is something awful like quoting a Justin Bieber song. The test server is isolated from the database, it doesn't run SLAPJACKS and it's password-protected.

I removed some bans - let me know if I stepped on someone's toes.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-08-2012, 03:39 PM
AmateurLobster AmateurLobster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 87
Default

I think since map test and sandbox 1 are hosted on same server they maybe share a ban list, at least it appears that way when jammer was kicked out of map test server.

Secondly since we all can't look up the logs, I'll reiterate the point that we need a way to record short-time bans (which may expire before someone looks at listbans)

Finally, let me clarify X's ban.
- Someone who I have never seen before appears on the maptest server, where people I know are testing mineshaft.
- It is my understanding that 1) the map test server is for a select number of invited testers and 2) that the password was mistakenly given out to a bunch of people recently
- This person starts asking people to join [P-L] and just sounded like a total n00b.
- This person midmap votes to balance.
- This person friends me (which I accept) and then calls me a prick.

I think a week long ban is entirely appropriate.
However it seems this person may know juin from a while back, so if it's an unfortunately mix-up, I don't care if you unban him.

Last edited by AmateurLobster; 01-08-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-09-2012, 03:03 AM
mikesol mikesol is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,183
Default

Thread cleaned up at request of op. Please try to keep arguments elsewhere. Thanks
__________________
We can has sigs?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Amir Amir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
Default Kicking People For Skills

In last time people get kicked for not being good or not being a pro.
You cant kick people for that. People which are very good sometimes think they are the best and they want to kick you if you arent good

In last time i noticed that people like Omi Vanitas or Geiro just non sense kick people like that.

For example Klf.sky joined sandbox and said
"A pro has joined all bal"
"Guys go random cause i am Pro and we will respect you"

i mean wtf these people just brag or kick people for skills

Sky isnt always braging but i used it as an example

This in not the first time that people have reported abut geiros bad kicking

On !rules a kicking rule should be added in

Last edited by Amir; 03-18-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Geiro Geiro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir View Post
In last time people get kicked for not being good or not being a pro.
You cant kick people for that. People which are very good sometimes think they are the best and they want to kick you if you arent good

In last time i noticed that people like Omi Vanitas or Geiro just non sense kick people like that.

For example Klf.sky joined sandbox and said
"A pro has joined all bal"
"Guys go random cause i am Pro and we will respect you"

i mean wtf these people just brag or kick people for skills

Sky isnt always braging but i used it as an example

This in not the first time that people have reported abut geiros bad kicking

On !rules a kicking rule should be added in
Good story bro. Like we said, you were kicked for messing up charge, I think 3 or 4 times, correct me if I'm wrong. You were vote kicked twice, which means everyone agreed kicking you. After that kicks, you came back, messed up charge again and you were banned by an admin. I don't see any problem here. Next time just try to coop, that's what it is all about in this game mode
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Amir Amir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
Default Geiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geiro View Post
Good story bro. Like we said, you were kicked for messing up charge, I think 3 or 4 times, correct me if I'm wrong. You were vote kicked twice, which means everyone agreed kicking you. After that kicks, you came back, messed up charge again and you were banned by an admin. I don't see any problem here. Next time just try to coop, that's what it is all about in this game mode
Geiro how come that also other people have writen about your kicking
i am not the only one
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Geiro Geiro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir View Post
Geiro how come that also other people have writen about your kicking
i am not the only one
Please quote. When someone midmaps or someone isn't co-oping, I call a vote kick yes. But it's always for a good reason, not because you aren't pro orso..

Last edited by Geiro; 03-18-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Omni Vanitas Omni Vanitas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir View Post
In last time people get kicked for not being good or not being a pro.
You cant kick people for that. People which are very good sometimes think they are the best and they want to kick you if you arent good

In last time i noticed that people like Omi Vanitas or Geiro just non sense kick people like that.

For example Klf.sky joined sandbox and said
"A pro has joined all bal"
"Guys go random cause i am Pro and we will respect you"

i mean wtf these people just brag or kick people for skills

Sky isnt always braging but i used it as an example

This in not the first time that people have reported abut geiros bad kicking

On !rules a kicking rule should be added in
Ok, so Amir, I voted kicked you because you were hogging the charge and claiming it wasn't "kickable" because it's somthing to do with skill and you can't quick for not being good. I vote kicked you for 2 reasons:

1. You were annoying me and everyone in the server. I told you to stop adding me and you did it again... You push your luck too far.
2. You were hogging the charge, not just in caution (and i must tell you, you did this 5 or 6 times) when Admins were not present, but in some other map, when Sky, CCN,DMCM,myself and other people were telling you not to. I can vouch that Sky, DM and everyone in the server were telling you not to. Any complaints, send me a PM.

Regards, Omni
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Amir Amir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
Default Lame Omii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni Vanitas View Post
Ok, so Amir, I voted kicked you because you were hogging the charge and claiming it wasn't "kickable" because it's somthing to do with skill and you can't quick for not being good. I vote kicked you for 2 reasons:

1. You were annoying me and everyone in the server. I told you to stop adding me and you did it again... You push your luck too far.
2. You were hogging the charge, not just in caution (and i must tell you, you did this 5 or 6 times) when Admins were not present, but in some other map, when Sky, CCN,DMCM,myself and other people were telling you not to. I can vouch that Sky, DM and everyone in the server were telling you not to. Any complaints, send me a PM.

Regards, Omni
Lame Exuses
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Omni Vanitas Omni Vanitas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir View Post
Lame Exuses
Lame excuses???? It's what you did, not an excuse. Face the consequences, and let me remind you that it's not the first time several people complain about you, lemme give u a quote

Code:
[13:45] $Kaji$ whispers: omg dude this kid is so annoying
[13:45] $Kaji$ whispers: help
[13:45] $Kaji$ whispers: save me
[13:45] You whisper to $Kaji$: i'm ot admin, sry. contact TD
[13:45] You whisper to $Kaji$: but i'll come
[13:46] Connected to server 67.20.243.31:27276
[13:46] Walls: normal
[13:46] Map: 1de_coop_bank_robbery_expert
[13:46] [Server] Welcome to Co-op Sandbox, x| Xorg |x!
[13:46] [Server] Help us get a dedicated server!
[13:46] [Server] => http://coopsandbox.chipin.com
[13:46] $Kaji$: hey
[13:46] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): xorg
[13:46] You whisper to $Kaji$: who annoys u?
[13:46] $Kaji$ whispers: amir
[13:46] You whisper to $Kaji$: i see. he's always so annoying
[13:46] $Kaji$ whispers: this has been going on for days
[13:46] x| Xorg |x: what's going on?
[13:47] $Kaji$ whispers: i keep telling him to stfu
[13:47] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): why was there just a xorg with level 1 on
[13:47] $Kaji$: amir won't shut up
[13:47] $Kaji$: lol
[13:47] $Kaji$: oh
[13:47] x| Xorg |x: does he talk a lot?
[13:47] $Kaji$: herp
[13:47] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): xorg explain
[13:47] $Kaji$: mute
[13:47] $Kaji$: herp derp
[13:47] x| Xorg |x: kaji, u have mute function for that
[13:47] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): kaj what midmap is
[13:47] x| Xorg |x: it isn't bannable offense
[13:47] x| Xorg |x: did he balance?
[13:47] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): xorg tell kaj what midmap is
[13:47] $Kaji$: i'm trying to come up with excuses to kick
[13:47] $Kaji$: lol
[13:47] x| Xorg |x: lol
[13:48] x| Xorg |x: kaji knows what midmap is, maybe u don't know
[13:48] x| Xorg |x: u are a troll
[13:48] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): no
[13:48] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): he thinks
[13:48] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): it is
[13:48] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): when
[13:48] x| Xorg |x: then wtf is going on?
[13:48] $Kaji$: just shut up
[13:48] x| Xorg |x: tell me
[13:48] You whisper to $Kaji$: i'll make him lol.
[13:48] $Kaji$ whispers: lol
[13:48] You whisper to $Kaji$: so i;ll say something about u a bit (if u don't mind) :P
[13:48] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): he thinks midmap is that you can only change map after the map is over
[13:48] You whisper to $Kaji$: so I can take situation under control
[13:49] x| Xorg |x: wat? i don' get it
[13:49] x| Xorg |x: don't*
[13:49] $Kaji$: lol
[13:49] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): he thinks you cant change map
[13:49] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): now
[13:49] $Kaji$: just
[13:49] $Kaji$: omfg
[13:49] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): you can only change after 5 round
[13:49] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): s
[13:49] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): he thinks
[13:49] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): that
[13:49] $Kaji$: how old ru amir?
[13:49] x| Xorg |x: amir did  somebody tell u, or is it your opinion?
[13:50] You whisper to $Kaji$: have u asked TD?
[13:50] You whisper to $Kaji$: he can help. all I can do is to backup u
[13:50] $Kaji$ whispers: no i made **** up so ppl will /vote kick him
[13:50] You whisper to $Kaji$: what did he do? balancing without giving permission?
[13:50] $Kaji$ whispers: yeah
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Amir Amir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
Default Geiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni Vanitas View Post
Lame excuses???? It's what you did, not an excuse. Face the consequences, and let me remind you that it's not the first time several people complain about you, lemme give u a quote

Code:
[13:45] $Kaji$ whispers: omg dude this kid is so annoying
[13:45] $Kaji$ whispers: help
[13:45] $Kaji$ whispers: save me
[13:45] You whisper to $Kaji$: i'm ot admin, sry. contact TD
[13:45] You whisper to $Kaji$: but i'll come
[13:46] Connected to server 67.20.243.31:27276
[13:46] Walls: normal
[13:46] Map: 1de_coop_bank_robbery_expert
[13:46] [Server] Welcome to Co-op Sandbox, x| Xorg |x!
[13:46] [Server] Help us get a dedicated server!
[13:46] [Server] => http://coopsandbox.chipin.com
[13:46] $Kaji$: hey
[13:46] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): xorg
[13:46] You whisper to $Kaji$: who annoys u?
[13:46] $Kaji$ whispers: amir
[13:46] You whisper to $Kaji$: i see. he's always so annoying
[13:46] $Kaji$ whispers: this has been going on for days
[13:46] x| Xorg |x: what's going on?
[13:47] $Kaji$ whispers: i keep telling him to stfu
[13:47] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): why was there just a xorg with level 1 on
[13:47] $Kaji$: amir won't shut up
[13:47] $Kaji$: lol
[13:47] $Kaji$: oh
[13:47] x| Xorg |x: does he talk a lot?
[13:47] $Kaji$: herp
[13:47] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): xorg explain
[13:47] $Kaji$: mute
[13:47] $Kaji$: herp derp
[13:47] x| Xorg |x: kaji, u have mute function for that
[13:47] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): kaj what midmap is
[13:47] x| Xorg |x: it isn't bannable offense
[13:47] x| Xorg |x: did he balance?
[13:47] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): xorg tell kaj what midmap is
[13:47] $Kaji$: i'm trying to come up with excuses to kick
[13:47] $Kaji$: lol
[13:47] x| Xorg |x: lol
[13:48] x| Xorg |x: kaji knows what midmap is, maybe u don't know
[13:48] x| Xorg |x: u are a troll
[13:48] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): no
[13:48] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): he thinks
[13:48] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): it is
[13:48] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): when
[13:48] x| Xorg |x: then wtf is going on?
[13:48] $Kaji$: just shut up
[13:48] x| Xorg |x: tell me
[13:48] You whisper to $Kaji$: i'll make him lol.
[13:48] $Kaji$ whispers: lol
[13:48] You whisper to $Kaji$: so i;ll say something about u a bit (if u don't mind) :P
[13:48] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): he thinks midmap is that you can only change map after the map is over
[13:48] You whisper to $Kaji$: so I can take situation under control
[13:49] x| Xorg |x: wat? i don' get it
[13:49] x| Xorg |x: don't*
[13:49] $Kaji$: lol
[13:49] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): he thinks you cant change map
[13:49] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): now
[13:49] $Kaji$: just
[13:49] $Kaji$: omfg
[13:49] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): you can only change after 5 round
[13:49] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): s
[13:49] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): he thinks
[13:49] [BR] Amir {WP} (RD): that
[13:49] $Kaji$: how old ru amir?
[13:49] x| Xorg |x: amir did  somebody tell u, or is it your opinion?
[13:50] You whisper to $Kaji$: have u asked TD?
[13:50] You whisper to $Kaji$: he can help. all I can do is to backup u
[13:50] $Kaji$ whispers: no i made **** up so ppl will /vote kick him
[13:50] You whisper to $Kaji$: what did he do? balancing without giving permission?
[13:50] $Kaji$ whispers: yeah
Geiro these are some random noobs you are talking about
and this was a long time ago
SO OMNI JUST FACE THE Truth

Last edited by Amir; 03-18-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Demuyt Demuyt is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bath, UK
Posts: 3,427
Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir View Post
Lame Exuses
Typing in two words withing a single hint of an argument to refute Omni's well-structured explanation isn't going to get you unbanned or whatever you may want.

Plus, the english language does not feature a word such as "exuses".
__________________
"thats not wut jk means "olld timer" jk means joking" - from $WN Fillichio KGB and tgleaf, Rhetoric Master Classes, 2010 Edition
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Amir Amir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
Default Bann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demuyt View Post
Typing in two words withing a single hint of an argument to refute Omni's well-structured explanation isn't going to get you unbanned or whatever you may want.

Plus, the english language does not feature a word such as "exuses".
I just got kicked and i am unabanned
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-08-2012, 02:50 PM
{SS}poptikel {SS}poptikel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Dear Coop guys please add a commmand !suggestion for suggesting because for lots of newcomers forums are not really known. other thing is another vote command like /vote tps *40 - 300 here* tps = test plane scale to help assist
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Slender Slender is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,844
Default

May I ask what's the suggestion command for?

And im 9000% sure that the test plane votewon't approve since it'll just be abused by everyone and make gameplay not enjoyable.

nt

Last edited by Slender; 04-08-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-08-2012, 05:20 PM
{SS}poptikel {SS}poptikel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlenderMan View Post
May I ask what's the suggestion command for?

And im 9000% sure that the test plane votewon't approve since it'll just be abused by everyone and make gameplay not enjoyable.

nt
Yeah i guess the tsp would be abused maybe only 40? u cant rly die that way!
umm the suggestion because well alot of people dont notice it. more ideas, rate maps? (like on official map test) and finnally ability to make the walls bouncy (for harder maps and the n00bs who want bounct :P (not me))!
Also umm you might want the time to stop when the charge is planted because well it sucks because u get 15 secs added on to time!

Last edited by {SS}poptikel; 04-08-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2008 Nimbly Games LLC