Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:40 AM

Default Altitude ProLeague Official Rules

1. Introduction

Altitude Professional League was formed to create the first competitive scene for Altitude, the game. It provides an organized arena in a just environment to make the best of the game and team work. Before teams can register, the respective captains must read and understand all rules of Altitude Professional League. These rules provide an unprecedented foundation to elevate competition to a new level of skill and professionalism.

2. General Information

Registration
Team registration is only valid if done by the specified date and following the correct format, also registration is only valid if the roster is posted in the official registration thread.

Game Time
Unless otherwise specified games will start at 2PM EST on every Sunday from when the league starts.

Game Format
5v5 TBD

Map pool
- Every round there will be a smaller map pool to chose maps from.
- Available maps: Asteroids, cave, core, mayhem, grotto, focus, middleground, lostcity, woods, justice, scrapyard, heights, fallout, underpark, bowserscastle.

Veto system
For Bo3 maps there will be 5 maps and for Bo5 there will be 7 maps.
Veto in ABBA order for Bo3, ABBAAB order for Bo5 and ABBAABBA for Bo7.
A is the highest seed.

Tournament Format
Regular season and playoffs, Top 8 teams go to playoffs unless less than 9 teams signed up.

3. Team Information

Rosters
All team rosters are established during the registration period prior to the start of the event. Changes to team rosters may take place during the registration period and during the weekly roster unlock periods.
Max roster size is 20, and minimum is SEVEN.

Roster Substitutions
Teams are allowed 2 substitutions each week, all the substitutions must be posted in the registration thread before the game time to be considered valid.

4. Match Information

Time

The game has to be played at the scheduled time unless BOTH captains agree to a reschedule, maximum wait time is 15 minutes after the scheduled time.
- Losing team has 5 minutes after a game ends to pick a map after that the winning team can pick the map.
- After the map is picked teams have 5 minutes to pick a lineup
- Teams must declare who the substitute is BEFORE the game.

Game substitution rules

The tournament can be started 6v6 to allow teams to have a substitute player, the substitute player can be exchanged in for any of the original starters and for any reason, however once you have substituted the player in you cannot make another substitution.
- The original substitute must be spectating once the map changes.
- You may not substitute back in a player who has been substituted back out.
- If someone disconnect after you have used your substitution then you will have to play 4v5.
- When you make the substitution it is important that you substitute a player OUT before the other player goes IN.

Having a substitute is a PRIVILEGE so any abuse will be punished, if you break the rules you will not be able to use subs in future games and your current game might be compromised.

Forfeit
- You must show up with at least 4 players to play a game, the other team can then decide if they want to play 5v4 or 4v4.
- If you show up with less than 4 players and the other team isnt willing to reschedule they will automatically win the match with the best score possible.

5. Player Information

Team Switching
A player can't teamswitch for that season after he has played an official APL game with a team, however if he hasnt played a game he will be able to change team. A player also can not play on two teams during APL (including on smurfs).

Bannable offences
1.Racism/Bigotry.
2.General immaturity.
3.Contradicting an admin.
4.Anything that dirsupts the game.

6. Spectator rules

- All-chatting during a game is a bannable offence.
- 1st time kick.
- 2nd time two day ban.
- 3rd time two week ban.
- Voting during a game or in the lobby while not in any of the teams is a bannable offence.
- 1st time kick.
- 2nd time two day ban.
- 3rd time two week ban.

7. Server rules

- First two games will be played on a US server, the third game will be played in EU if either team suggests it. The team picking the server is liable for any server crash.
- Teams can mutually agree to play on another server.
- Max ping 300.

Last edited by andy; 05-28-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:40 AM

Pro League Admins:

Head Admins
- Andy
- Mikesol

Admins
- Sunshineduck
- Darknietzsche
- Ribilla
- AkiTensai
- Wok3n - Inactive
- Evilarsenal - Inactive

Last edited by andy; 04-04-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:41 AM

Sky League Admins:

Head Admins
- Andy
- CCN - Inactive

Admins
- Dougie
- Ribilla
- Darknietzsche
- AkiTensai

Last edited by andy; 05-21-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy11one View Post
yeah, i have some questions and suggestions

1.so 5 minutes to build lineup. What would happen, if 5 minutes passed, but one team a)doesnt have enough players b)have more than 6(which is more likely)

You can take a forfeit win for that map, you will have to provide screenshots with the time when you start organizing the game and when the other team has not yet started. Agreeing on a break doesnt give you the chance to claim the map.

2.no server switch i suppose?

Yes read carefully

3.Can we lower team roster from 20 to 16 or 18? Currently we have 7 teams - fLb, Sammich, qq, FRO, IL, KLF and pewpew. Which means even with 2 cutted players from each team we may have another one.

Currently the only team with more than 16 players is FRO and the 4 extra players they have are very inactive, this wouldnt bring a new team for sure.

4.what happen, if nobo comes and switch map in middle of match?

Admins are personally selected by me and mike, i dont see this happening. On a sidenote nobo isnt an admin but i doubt he would abuse the power anyway.

5.about veto rules. For bo3 we have 5 maps. what if first 2 vetoed maps could not be played at all. So teams actually can "veto" maps, not just decide which map first to play.

That would totally defeat the point, the last team losing wouldnt be able to chose a map and would just have to play the remaining one.

Posted in both threads for future reference.

Last edited by andy; 02-06-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:19 PM

Default Sky League Rules Questions

First of all thanks for organising another Sky League and putting a clear link to the rules in the Sky League registration thread.

I'll assume all relevant numbers regarding teams and such for ball are +1.
So 6 v 6, need 5 at least to play, etc.
This one, not so sure: "minimum is SEVEN" for a roster, maybe 8 for sky league?

Onwards to the main questions!
"First two games will be played on a US server, after that the losing team can pick an EU or US server. The team picking the server is liable for any server crash."

Why the first two? I get that it's handy to have a predetermined server for the first game, so you don't start off with a cluster**** trying to assemble the teams, but what wrong with having the loser pick the next server? It seemed to work alright last SL. Why do we need to have the first two games in a US server?

"3.Contradicting an admin."
This seems very strict and totalitarian. What if an admin is wrong or you disagree in a reasonable manner?
Old 04-07-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
First of all thanks for organising another Sky League and putting a clear link to the rules in the Sky League registration thread.

I'll assume all relevant numbers regarding teams and such for ball are +1.
So 6 v 6, need 5 at least to play, etc.
This one, not so sure: "minimum is SEVEN" for a roster, maybe 8 for sky league?

Onwards to the main questions!
"First two games will be played on a US server, after that the losing team can pick an EU or US server. The team picking the server is liable for any server crash."

Why the first two? I get that it's handy to have a predetermined server for the first game, so you don't start off with a cluster**** trying to assemble the teams, but what wrong with having the loser pick the next server? It seemed to work alright last SL. Why do we need to have the first two games in a US server?
I think I can answer on this one. If you lose your first game on US, and then you pick EU, and win there, enemy decide to move back to US. So you have to play US 2 times no matter what.

"3.Contradicting an admin."
This seems very strict and totalitarian. What if an admin is wrong or you disagree in a reasonable manner?
What if both teams agree on EU server? I think this rule can be updated.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy11one View Post
I think I can answer on this one. If you lose your first game on US, and then you pick EU, and win there, enemy decide to move back to US. So you have to play US 2 times no matter what.

What if both teams agree on EU server? I think this rule can be updated.
Yeah, but (supposing that lag is the gamebreaker) it's nicer to win game 2 because you get to play on EU and then lose game 3, than losing the first 2 games and no game 3 is played. If lag isn't a gamebreaker, it becomes even more important as losing/winning a game can be very (de)motivating and affect the outcome of game 3.

I agree that updating seems in order. That ruling was in the previous sky league.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:43 AM

I agree with wyrd on this.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
5. Player Information

Team Switching
A player can't teamswitch for that season after he has played an official APL game with a team, however if he hasnt played a game he will be able to change team. A player also can not play on two teams during APL (including on smurfs).
As written, it would seem "official game" means any game of the season (including pre-season). I believe this should be any game that alters late season, games that cause standing changes. Are pre-season games official?

I have talked with a few other admins about this. How other admins/players feel about this?
Old 12-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki1024 View Post
As written, it would seem "official game" means any game of the season (including pre-season). I believe this should be any game that alters late season, games that cause standing changes. Are pre-season games official?

I have talked with a few other admins about this. How other admins/players feel about this?
Two thoughts on this:

1) I think that, technically, pre-season games shouldn't count as "official" games in this case as the normal season isn't affected by it at all. It's simply for fun and to see who shows up.

2) Even though I think that people should technically be allowed to team switch between pre-season and normal season - I think it's a pretty rude thing to do. What if someone was rejected from the team because they didn't have enough slots and then people switched right before the first game?

tl;dr - I think it should be allowed - but it's still rude (unless there are some extenuating circumstances that just so happened to occur between pre-season and normal season)
Old 12-02-2013, 12:16 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

switches between preseason and regular season were allowed up until the last APL afaik, but i'm not sure if evel is going off what DN said or his own rules
Old 12-02-2013, 09:48 AM

Im going to need some time to think about it. I agree with mike, its alright with team switching, but its the way its done that needs a change perhaps. How i dont know yet.