Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:11 PM

Default townie.

Lynching a townie first day isn't bad, what is is lynching a townie with a role. Anyway when is everything starting?
Old 10-31-2010, 03:53 PM

DAY 1: ( HALLOWEEN, 2010 )
---------------------------------------------
5 years have passed since the events of Altitude Mafia: Version 3.0, and during that time Altitudetropolis had evolved into a global city with a prominent influence on world finance and trade. The new generation of townsfolk lived a life of luxury and comfort, enjoying the benefits of a prosperous economy. With crime rates at an all time low, the citizens of the town (aka Altitudians), had no reason to fear any sort of villainous corruption to interfere with their peaceful everyday lives……Or so they thought…

After their unfortunate demise the last time they attempted to overtake this city, the mob bosses from all 5 Mafia families rallied together to get revenge, plotting a new strategy on how to finally make Altitudetropolis fall under their rule. They decided to send their most deadly gang of ruthless killers from the Nimbly Crime Syndicate: Theodore Logan, Shane Falco, Johnny Utah, Kevin Lomax, Jack Traven, Bob Arctor, Tom Ludlow, David Griffin and Donnie Barksdale.
On the outskirts of the city, these 9 degenerate Mafioso’s lurked in the dark as the spied on the town. Once midnight struck, they arose from shadows and crept down the streets toward the city…

(Meanwhile at the Nobodyhome Mental Institution for the Criminally Insane-where the delirious victims of ladder bans are removed from the general population and locked away in padded cells- a raving lunatic managed to break free from his cage. Foaming at the mouth and repeatedly chanting something about rule 12, the psychotic inmate managed to kill off a few guards with his bare hands before escaping the complex. Laughing hysterically and smeared with blood, the Serial Killer ran towards the bright lights of Altitudetropolis on a mission to slaughter anyone he sees.)

Due to recent technological advancements in biomedicine, G00SE managed to have a successful head transplant and had been happily resuming his duties as the Mayor of the city for the past year. Walking upstairs to go to sleep for the night, he was distracted by hearing the doorbell ring. He grabbed his bowl of candy off the kitchen counter and opened the door, expecting to see some children in costumes waiting for some goodies…

To his shock he was greeted by the terrifying presence of Shane Falco, armed with a chainsaw and wearing a hockey mask. “Trick or Treat!”, bellowed the intimidating Mafioso, as he launched himself towards the Mayor and revved his chainsaw. The last thing G00SE noticed before his face was sawed in half, was a series of complex geometric shapes floating in a synchronous pattern above his killers’ head.

When the morning arrived, the citizens of the town were horrified to see the Mayor’s severed head lying in a puddle of blood in the middle of the street.

---------------------------------------------
- MAFIA CLUES ARE IN PINK

- YOU MAY VOTE TO LYNCH SOMEONE NOW:

Last edited by Goose; 11-02-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:16 PM

O.o? not very complex tho.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:39 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

i vote no one
Old 10-31-2010, 04:56 PM

Can you possibly highlight codenames when you post them to make them more skimmable when we look back at these clues?
Old 10-31-2010, 05:07 PM

lol. When I first read this I thought of: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0573376292209#

Happy Halloween!
Old 10-31-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEEN ZOE View Post
lol. When I first read this I thought of: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0573376292209#

Happy Halloween!
Huh I wonder if you may actually be on to something there.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:08 PM

Ya I was looking around with that in mind. Haven't tried to match it to a name yet.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:26 PM

Gosh Goose, thanks for making it easy on us...
Old 10-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintzMachete View Post
O.o? not very complex tho.
Actually I think you're on to something. Look at the clue again (pink text only):
"The last thing G00SE noticed before his face was sawed in half, was a series of complex geometric shapes floating in a synchronous pattern above his killers’ head."

Why would Goose include "his face" as part of the clue? Admittedly it is probably irrelevant since it's describing Goose, not the killer, but it -is- curiously included in the pinkified text. O.o is classically interpted as an emoticon (e.g. a text representation of a face), for example O.o appears on this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoticon

series of complex geometric shapes
The other interesting thing about "O.o" is that every element in the name is a geometric shape: big circle, small circle, medium circle -- literally a sequence of geometric shapes in a synchronous pattern (none of the shapes breaks the pattern of all circles). Admittedly the "complex" part wouldn't seem to apply, but then you check O.o's profile:

He is a student; academia is primarily concerned with complex abstract thinking and ideas not actual application (hence the shapes floating in a pattern above his head like thought bubbles in the clue, not actually part of the physical action). Also anyone who's studied engineering knows the importance of complex analysis, geometric shapes, etc -- everything fits together quite neatly.

There are also many applications/perspectives from which circles are in fact complex shapes, for example some computational/graphical representations, see for example this page on "drawing complex shapes": http://jerryscript.hostrocket.com/ph...s/Lesson4.html -- money quote: "Drawing curves and/or circles requires a bit more complex geometry."

That said, this is all somewhat circumstantial. However, based on the first clue from last game (which I never came close to figuring out) Goose may just want the first clue to be near-impossible to solve, so this may be as good as it gets. I do like queen zoe's idea (stars circling a cartoon character's head) but I can't find anyone that fits the cartoon/dizzy reference.

Thoughts?

Last edited by lamster; 10-31-2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Bolded quotes from pink text that seem to match
Old 10-31-2010, 07:07 PM

Well until someone comes out with a decent counter-argument, that sounds ok.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Banned

thats a good way to look at it lam...
Old 10-31-2010, 07:24 PM

See, the problem with posting such a thorough and brilliant interpretation of the clue is that you're now a top priority target. If lam wasn't mafia, I wouldn't be surprised if he dies night 1. If he doesn't die then, we'll know he is mafia. If you're not mafia, then I apologize for ensuring your early death.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:28 PM

Oh dear. First post on here and I'm already screwed ):
I suggest that everyone keep in mind who is fanning the flames against me when I die. *COUGH*LAMSTER*COUGH*

MUST FIND COUNTER EVIDENCE.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
See, the problem with posting such a thorough and brilliant interpretation of the clue is that you're now a top priority target. If lam wasn't mafia, I wouldn't be surprised if he dies night 1. If he doesn't die then, we'll know he is mafia. If you're not mafia, then I apologize for ensuring your early death.
Thanks for the tip Pretty sure I'm going out night 1 regardless so I might as well make a mark.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:31 PM

LAM i love you. you also have no life.

but are a genius.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
Theres another direction this could go.
The Mafia could decide to terminate lam because he did have a particularly good and accurate interpretation of the clue and his ability to do such poses a threat to the Mafia.

Alternatively, if he is wrong, and his misdirected logic gets a townie lynched, then he would be an unwilling asset to the goals of the Mafia, and they might choose to keep him alive.

Last edited by Jrathje; 10-31-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:43 PM

EDIT: nvm, don't want to implicate since i'm not playing

I forgot to sign up
Old 10-31-2010, 07:53 PM

I would like to request that the weak medic use his protection on lamster tonight, if he lives that means lamster is clean and if he dies in the next phase he will have flushed out a mafia. This also has the added benefit of protecting lamster from mafiosos assuming he is innocent.

Last edited by Kuja900; 10-31-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:56 PM

i am confused
Old 10-31-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercoop View Post
i am confused
Wow coop! GREAT POST!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:59 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

Well, the first thing that comes to mind when analyzing the clue seems to remind me of those video games where someone's username floats above them, but I'm too out right now to figure out who that might apply to. I like lam's interp though, but complex is somewhat of an odd choice of words. Still, if no one comes up with anything better, I'm good with this choice
Old 10-31-2010, 08:00 PM

There is always the possibility that complex is an irrelevant adjective being used for story telling.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:05 PM

O.o what is your role?
Old 10-31-2010, 08:13 PM

I don't think we should rolefish yet...
Old 10-31-2010, 08:14 PM

Location: The quote above is from Kahlil Gibran; it's currently my favorite...

My first thought actually went to the possibility of Ajuk999. Per his profile, he is a graphic designer and so he would be one to create complex geometric shapes in his head and elsewhere!

However, this is a stretch...

Side note: While the idea of agreeing with Kuja makes me a little ill...I would like the weak medic to save lam so I an determine his true identity. I also suggested lam ban all those who try to kill him night 1!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:15 PM

Why is agreeing with me such a revolting idea lol
Old 10-31-2010, 08:18 PM

i vote to lynch 0.o

Last edited by mastercoop; 10-31-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
I would like to request that the weak medic use his protection on lamster tonight, if he lives that means lamster is clean and if he dies in the next phase he will have flushed out a mafia. This also has the added benefit of protecting lamster from mafiosos assuming he is innocent.
You're missing one key factor: Killer.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:24 PM

wow lam, that musta taken ages to think thru. I vote O.0 I was only gonna vote blue other wise :P
Old 10-31-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
You're missing one key factor: Killer.
I am confused about your trying to say. If I interpret it right your inferring that lam could be the killer. The odds of lamster being the serial killer are 1/50, I am comfortable with those chances. Even if he is the killer he does not have the mafia list so his clue solving is just as valid as the next person's.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Just pointing out that O.o is not the only physics person nor is he the only person who relates to face.

Pieface:
Interests
Video Editing, Physics, Running, chuting plains

I'm not saying I fully think this is the logical option - but I'm still concerned lamster is mafia to begin with and want to throw out all the options.

Edit: The circles part does make more sense for O.o over Pieface, though. Sorry O.o =(
Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Yes the medic needs to protect Lam. I had to use my bi-weekly, one time allowed, whining to get him to play and I will be pissed if it was wasted bc he is killed in the first couple of days. He is a boring townie-genius yes- but nonetheless boring.

I think there needs to be more of a connection to "floating" and "complex" when searching. So keep looking Erik.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 PM

ajuk is graphic designer. he uses complex shapes every day. also he sucks at mafia and is very lol

new vote
O.o

Last edited by York; 10-31-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:30 PM

Mikesol I checked and ssd was right when you check your pms it does read private messaging in the "who is online" section so my suspicions have been partially dispelled.

Suspects:

O.o - see lamster's reasoning
Ajuk999 - graphic desiginer in his profile "complex geometric shapes"
Pieface - mentions physics in his profile

I want to propose that a leap in logic is possible to cartoons, as queen zoe displayed the spinning of synchronous geometric shapes was used to show incapacitation in the cartoon world.

Also keep in mind lynching low value players when you are indecisive night one is never a bad idea.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
I am confused about your trying to say. If I interpret it right your inferring that lam could be the killer. The odds of lamster being the serial killer are 1/50, I am comfortable with those chances. Even if he is the killer he does not have the mafia list so his clue solving is just as valid as the next person's.
No, what I'm saying is, even if the medic is on him, and he does get shot, that does not prove he is innocent as there is a killer and vig still in play, who could hit him even if he is maf, so it doesn't prove his innocence.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:33 PM

Vig is not in play until night 2. What proves he is innocent is the medic staying alive because the weak medic dies if he/she protects a mafia.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Mikesol I checked and ssd was right when you check your pms it does read private messaging in the "who is online" section so my suspicions have been partially dispelled.

Suspects:

O.o - see lamster's reasoning
Ajuk999 - graphic desiginer in his profile "complex geometric shapes"
Pieface - mentions physics in his profile

I want to propose that a leap in logic is possible to cartoons, as queen zoe displayed the spinning of synchronous geometric shapes was used to show incapacitation in the cartoon world.

Also keep in mind lynching low value players when you are indecisive night one is never a bad idea.
yar i forgot about pieface.

ok ill change my vote to pieface if any1 can give more proof that ajuk isnt it, until then, ajuk all the way
Old 10-31-2010, 08:35 PM

The paramedic won't have to protect lamster night 1 because I am DEFINITELY not mafia. z.z

My suspicions point towards lamster and sinSTAR who were the first to jump on the bandwagon to lynch me. D:

EDIT: sinSTAR fits the "geometric shapes floating around the head" clue pretty well too based on the video Queen Zoe first linked.

Last edited by O.o; 10-31-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Vig is not in play until night 2. What proves he is innocent is the medic staying alive because the weak medic dies if he/she protects a mafia.
Killer is though.
It's not worth losing a medic to test that in my opinion. Not this early on.