Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:33 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Pwn View Post
oh my god you suck
no u

i believe that if andy was lawyer then he would cc cop instead of claiming that he was miller. the most likely scenario in my opinion is that you're lawyer, andy is miller, and we have a rogue janitor. you are obviously going to say that you would prefer scumhunting to a best-case scenario lynch because in a best-case scenario lynch, you would be lynched. it's not necessarily that you have been excessively scummy, it's just that i find it difficult to believe that storm would pull this n1 guilty on andy **** in this scenario for mafia. if he's not mafia, that means you are mafia. you haven't been scumtelling particularly hard, but you haven't been towntelling either.

regardless, dumb town doesn't want to lynch DDP because they'd rather lynch someone we'd obviously lynch tomorrow regardless. i don't know why it's so hard to understand that all cop reports are useless as crap until lawyer is dead and why it's optimal to lynch lawyer, but my peers appear set on a "safe" lynch as opposed to one that would benefit the town the most.

whatever, you can "hammer" at your convenience. just expect an "i told you so" when andy flips miller and DDP ends up being lawyer.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:25 AM

EHH I knew this would happen. Now I completely agree with sunshineduck. But, i think we should lynch ddp. I think we should do this because if he turns out to be real cop, then we still have 2 mafia and possibly a clear on andy. If he turns out to be lawyer, then we pretty much have an autowin. DDP you dug urself into a hole just when Storm pulled a guilty D1. Either he is lying, which we could find out if we lynch andy, or he is telling the truth, in which case your are 99% mafia. We also have an ml so i think no real cop reports are useful until the lawyer is weeded out. It would just be more beneficial to lynch between cops for the town in general. If you want to help the town, DDP, then you should just agree with this and get lynched. The odds are against you either way

I would also like to unvote for now because it would be stupid to waste a lynch on someone that is completely useless for the rest of the game.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:33 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

Lol @ calling my post an omgus, although I find the above reaction by ssd extremely scummy given the content of my post. Someone should read; why are you getting so defensive when I hardly fos'ed you for your position? I merely provided reasons why your motives for wanting to lynch me were inherently flawed.

For one, if you read my post, I said that I thought andy was innocent. I believe Stormich is claiming a guilty on a random villager. Claiming a guilty on who is most likely his own janitor would make 0 sense, as janitor would almost certainly have been lawyered, and would do more to place suspicion on himself than anything. Not to mention andy's been acting pretty pro-town, although i don't think he should have outed his role

However, at least you are finally providing some substance as to why you believe storm over me. However, I feel as though claiming to have a guilty n1 is literally the best thing a mafia could do, as it is the most likely way to push a ml on someone. From a mafia standpoint, you look REALLY good if you get it on a later cop cc, you force doc to out, and probably get villager to out that you have the potential of being right and makes it easier to find and kill the doc that night. I find it much more suspicious to have a guilty, especially on someone not cc'ing cop.

However, given that storm is just contributing 1-2 sentence blips just to say "oh that dirty ddp" (read as: not contributing) and is letting ssd do his work for him, I have very little confidence in how this game will progress. SSD, you yourself believe that I am at worst nulltelling, despite me agreeing with you that we need to get rid of lawyer? Add in that you have seemed to point out before how storm's actions have been far from town-telling in the manner of his claim. I'm confused as to how you are arriving at the belief that I'm more scummy than storm.

I'm still withholding my vote until we make the optimal decision, or convince me why lynching smush is more optimal (pro-tip: it probably isn't).

EDIT @ Acegunner: No, giving up is retarded when I know that I am the cop and Storm is being a non-contributive poster. And posting active fluff / semitrolling is such a towntell amirite

Last edited by Duck Duck Pwn; 03-03-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:15 AM

Let's make it this way, people vote for DDP and if he turns out clear you have a 100% vote on me, and possibly SSD (since he's supposedly doing the leg work). If he turns out guilty you have me as the cleared cop and a guilty on Andy (who still could turn out miller).

Unvote Smush
Vote DDP
Old 03-03-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck
no u
oops, missed this

hey

hey ssd

no u

And no, Stormich, let's make it this way: We lynch Stormich, the lawyer who is trying to get away with piggybacking off of SSD while contributing literally nothing this entire game. I am not about to get rolled as cop when my cc is bleeding scum and I'm trying to get the town to actually do something.

If i were mafia, you really think I'd be so in support of a lynch between cop claims? You really think I'd let up the chance during my islamic law class to make a quick reply and lynch on smush and let the game go to the night cycle and give me more time to think? ssd already knows when my ilaw class is from when he tried to text me to get online for a fro scrim, which happens to be at 7 est, after ssd's post and before acegunner's.

Meanwhile storm continues to try to support a lynch on andy tomorrow, while it is almost 100% certain that he is clear. Hell, he should be essentially clear from both of our perspectives; lawyer is usually the one to cc, and since andy did not cc cop, storm if he were honestly cop should be inclined to believe that he is miller. From my perspective, storm is a lawyer claiming to have a guilty on a random villager to appear more pro-town and try to force an ML on someone who is almost certainly not mafia and received the order from someone else on his team.

And no one finds this at all suspicious that Stormich STILL wants to lynch andy tomorrow?

Vote Stormich

Acegunner, can you please start scumhunting rather than posting logic which I already answered as being ****ing retarded? It's already clear that ssd can't read, I was kind of hoping you'd be above that too. I would like your opinions on this game.

EDIT: @Storm, we have the exact same scenario if we lynch you. Whether we lynch me or you does not change the fact that andy is most likely inno from both of our perspectives, and we would still have functionally eliminated lawyer and have a clear cop. It's just as close to autowin if you lynch storm as if i were lawyer, as then lawyer is down, andy is basically confirmed town, I'm cleared, and we still have doc to protect me. Aka, the same damn thing that ssd thinks will happen if I am lynched.

Fail logic is fail.

Last edited by Duck Duck Pwn; 03-03-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
oops, missed this

hey

hey ssd

no u

And no, Stormich, let's make it this way: We lynch Stormich, the lawyer who is trying to get away with piggybacking off of SSD while contributing literally nothing this entire game. I am not about to get rolled as cop when my cc is bleeding scum and I'm trying to get the town to actually do something.

If i were mafia, you really think I'd be so in support of a lynch between cop claims? You really think I'd let up the chance during my islamic law class to make a quick reply and lynch on smush and let the game go to the night cycle and give me more time to think? ssd already knows when my ilaw class is from when he tried to text me to get online for a fro scrim, which happens to be at 7 est, after ssd's post and before acegunner's.

Meanwhile storm continues to try to support a lynch on andy tomorrow, while it is almost 100% certain that he is clear. Hell, he should be essentially clear from both of our perspectives; lawyer is usually the one to cc, and since andy did not cc cop, storm if he were honestly cop should be inclined to believe that he is miller. From my perspective, storm is a lawyer claiming to have a guilty on a random villager to appear more pro-town and try to force an ML on someone who is almost certainly not mafia and received the order from someone else on his team.

And no one finds this at all suspicious that Stormich STILL wants to lynch andy tomorrow?

Vote Stormich

Acegunner, can you please start scumhunting rather than posting logic which I already answered as being ****ing retarded? It's already clear that ssd can't read, I was kind of hoping you'd be above that too. I would like your opinions on this game.
Yes I really think you'd be trying this hard cause you have a lost game on your hands and youre trying to do anything you can to claw back
Old 03-03-2011, 08:34 AM

How do I have a lost game on my hands? Oracle already outed smush, you're the second, and the third shouldn't be too hard to find after.

I already pushed for and agreed with a lynch on a cop claim earlier. I felt that a. even if I were lynched that it would not be as much of a loss as the necessary getting rid of the effectiveness of the lawyer, b. that town would probably be able to ultimately make the right decision here, and c. to extend day 1 to get more people talking and to get more scumtells out in the open.

Just because we have a mislynch, especially one where we're in a good position here doesn't mean we use it incorrectly. We are in a much better position with cop alive than dead. Me not defending myself when the reasons for lynching me are shady at best would be more scummy than anything.

Last edited by Duck Duck Pwn; 03-03-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
How do I have a lost game on my hands? Oracle already outed smush, you're the second, and the third shouldn't be too hard to find after.

I already pushed for and agreed with a lynch on a cop claim earlier. I felt that a. even if I were lynched that it would not be as much of a loss as the necessary getting rid of the effectiveness of the lawyer, b. that town would probably be able to ultimately make the right decision here, and c. to extend day 1 to get more people talking and to get more scumtells out in the open.

Just because we have a mislynch, especially one where we're in a good position here doesn't mean we use it incorrectly. We are in a much better position with cop alive than dead. Me not defending myself when the reasons for lynching me are shady at best would be more scummy than anything.
You outing yourself to save a villager would be largely pointless especially since you don't have a guilty on anyone yet. A smart person would just let Andy die and if he turned villager you'd have a free claim. This is really pretty simple, youre to good to missplay your role meaning you are 100% mafia.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:47 AM

Don't know why you want me dead so much. There are clearly higher priority targets.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:16 PM

i'm gonna live!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormich View Post
You outing yourself to save a villager would be largely pointless especially since you don't have a guilty on anyone yet. A smart person would just let Andy die and if he turned villager you'd have a free claim. This is really pretty simple, youre to good to missplay your role meaning you are 100% mafia.
No, I didn't misplay it at all. If someone is claiming your role, you do not sit idly and let them be an uncc'ed power role in almost any circumstance, especially with cop claims. Pretty sure ssd typed out the main reasoning why earlier. Odds are that tonight I or the doctor would die, and me claiming d2 looks super scummy. Add in the fact that lawyer would still be alive and my inspection results on anyone but you (assuming you are lawyer) would be useless barring finding the miller, and odds of that happening are slim to none. Claiming means it's possible for us to lynch the lawyer today instead of keeping me useless.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
also, if DDP was the real cop then he would obviously have to claim. letting mafia be an uncc'd PR on day 1 with town having a mislynch is extremely anti-town. if he didn't claim and andy popped miller by sheer coincidence, then town would be uber****ed
Old 03-04-2011, 07:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
i'm gonna live!
clear *Buzzzzz* Congrats
Old 03-04-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekjr14 View Post
clear *Buzzzzz* Congrats
You're not going to avoid getting modkilled with posts like this.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:32 PM

Votes:
1. Andy: Smush
2. Sunshineduck: DDP
3. Stormich: DDP
4. Smushface: Nobody
5. Duck Duck Pwn: Stormich
6. FU: Smush
7. Genesis: Smush
8. Acegunner: Smush
9. Woken: Smush

Vote count:
Smushface: 5
DDP: 2
Stormich: 1

Smushface is the only person who has not voted.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Let's make it this way, people vote for DDP and if he turns out clear you have a 100% vote on me, and possibly SSD (since he's supposedly doing the leg work). If he turns out guilty you have me as the cleared cop and a guilty on Andy (who still could turn out miller).

Unvote Smush
Vote DDP
After reading where I left off (since BSD said my last post wasn't good enough and I promised to finish readin the rest of the thread), this post pretty much changed my mind.

SO
unvote Smush
Vote DDP
Old 03-04-2011, 09:57 PM

Let's make it this way, people vote for Stormich and if he turns out clear you have a 100% vote on me, and possibly SSD (since he's buddying Storm so hard). If he turns out guilty you have me as the cleared cop and Andy is basically clear.

I'm fine with being lynched in the sense that it's probably still better from anyone but my own's perspective than a smush lynch, but not at the point where the town is bandwagoning their own cop off of absolutely ****ing awful rhetoric and very little actual reasoning. Sure, this lynch does ultimately come down to a bit of scumhunting, but literally no one here has even attempted to do so, barring some very slight reads by ssd. I tried to ask some people questions, and most of them just got ignored. serves me right for the tl;dr i guess

Last edited by Duck Duck Pwn; 03-04-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:08 PM

I vote for sunshineduck.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:01 PM

Smushface, the vanilla mafia, has been hung from the neck until dead.

Night 2 Has Begun

Please PM me with night actions no later than Saturday night.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:04 PM

Doc on random villager, probably andy. Mafia won't dare to kill between cop ccs.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:51 PM

At this point our best bet is to lynch either DDP or storm, ill let you guys decide this. As for night actions i dont need the medic since i have no power the mafia probably wont kill me if theyre not stupid. Medic should just get on the player he thinks is most probably gonna get targeted. Not DDP and Storm because as DDP pointed out the mafia wont kill between cop claims.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:14 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

town can't talk during the night, DDP and andy are clearly mafia
Old 03-05-2011, 04:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Danielle

**** you guys for not telling me you made a new game.
*sulk*
Old 03-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe if you were ever on Altitude...

Also, revenge is sweet, Smushface!

Last edited by GGQ; 03-05-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGQ View Post
Maybe if you were ever on Altitude...

Also, revenge is sweet, Smushface!
killed u first
Old 03-08-2011, 01:17 AM

Is it day yet ._.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:52 AM

No =/ ,
Old 03-08-2011, 02:00 AM

Is there like a vote to kick function or something >.>
Old 03-09-2011, 02:43 AM

Day 2

[Y], the villager, has died a bloody death.

Discuss.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
Is there like a vote to kick function or something >.>
You were vote kicked.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:33 AM

cool story bro

commence vote DDP
Old 03-09-2011, 03:49 AM

sad.

I was pretty much useless, why kill me D:

edit:
good one, Andy

Last edited by [Y]; 03-09-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
sad.

I was pretty much useless, why kill me D:
Thank god they killed you and not someone useful.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:31 PM

So i think we should get reports before we start voting someone
DDP and Stormich: reports please
Old 03-09-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegunner View Post
So i think we should get reports before we start voting someone
DDP and Stormich: reports please
agreed

chars
Old 03-09-2011, 10:12 PM

Investigated SSD cause I wasn't sure if it was a planned scapegoat to get into the town inner circle. Investigation said he appeared a innocent. (with janitor around that's not really clear anyway)

It's still all about Andy since DDP is pure mafia. If Andy turns out mafia town won, if he's a miller it's
Old 03-09-2011, 11:10 PM

Well that was actually a good report imo. But we have to lynch between cops today if we want any of our repotrs to be somewhat useful
Old 03-10-2011, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Investigated SSD cause I wasn't sure if it was a planned scapegoat to get into the town inner circle. Investigation said he appeared a innocent. (with janitor around that's not really clear anyway)

It's still all about Andy since DDP is pure mafia. If Andy turns out mafia town won, if he's a miller it's
you weren't going to get a guilty no matter who you investigated, fwiw
Old 03-10-2011, 06:29 AM

Andy is innocent; lynch Stormich

Die mafia scum
Old 03-10-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Andy is innocent; lynch Stormich

Die mafia scum
Well this would lead me to assume Andy is guilty as well. Since he's obviously trying to save him. Still not a 100% positive.

Lynch DDP
Old 03-10-2011, 07:53 PM

A few folks are getting dangerously close to being modkilled.