Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:12 PM

Would you like to go in depth about what power makes you particularly suited as SG Kennedy? If the power obviously is relevant, I'd try to make sure I got elected.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Pwn View Post
Question: Can we necessarily infer alliance from what country someone belongs to, or no?
Not at all.

To clarify, countries' alignments are not based on any logic or connection or history or anything.

Last edited by GGQ; 10-16-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:42 PM

hey guys, where is next soccer word league? brazil or britain?
Old 10-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
point of clarification: is the maximum world radiation level known, or will we just have to fire off nukes until suddenly we all lose?
Maximum radiation level is unknown. That's what makes it fun.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:16 PM

i would also like to nominate myself for SG

REASONS:

1) i promise to do everything in my power to ensure a townie victory
2) i am not afraid to take drastic measures to eliminate the threat of terrorism. If that means sneaking behind enemy lines to pound Danielle with a weapon of mass destruction then so be it.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:16 PM

This is like the UN-game we did on my university one time.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGQ View Post
Maximum radiation level is unknown. That's what makes it fun.
inb4max level is 1.

I am not going to vote for anyone yet, I want to hear information other than "I am good, I am town, I have a PR, <comical comment>". For all we know a load of mafia are all running and co-ordinating their efforts that way. I think you ought to give us something to make us more inclined to trust you above someone else picked at random. I'm not asking anyone to claim, but we need to get some differentiation between candidates.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:45 PM

I don't think there's going o be any sort of differentiation outside of actual role claims. That's what got you voted in as Mayor last game. However, I doubt GGQ would put in a role similar to last game's King, so I'm interested in what kind of SG-compatible role Kennedy received.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:04 PM

+1 to ribilla
Old 10-16-2011, 04:26 PM

Yeah, I see it the same way as [Y]. We have nothing to go with, just some propaganda. If Kennedy has such a good role, it would help to know why it would be so helpful. Or from the others too, why THEY should be SG.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE&ob=av3e

I'd also like to be considered for SG.

I've always been an asset to the town as my plays are always carefully considered and make logical sense. For this reason, it's been historically pretty easy to figure out if I'm scum in the early game because my plays are often predictable.

I'd rather not out my power right now but I can say that I'll be able to prove it sometime down the line (around day 2 or 3).

Also, from what I understand factions were assigned randomly to countries. So you could be an "evil" country like North Korea and still be town-sided. Keep that in mind because claiming what country you are is somewhat meaningless.

Also, I work out. Lamster and I have on occassion enjoyed a brotein shake together. He has admirable glutes.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
inb4max level is 1.

I am not going to vote for anyone yet, I want to hear information other than "I am good, I am town, I have a PR, <comical comment>". For all we know a load of mafia are all running and co-ordinating their efforts that way. I think you ought to give us something to make us more inclined to trust you above someone else picked at random. I'm not asking anyone to claim, but we need to get some differentiation between candidates.
This. I'm hesitant to vote for Kennedy based on the exact reasons he mentioned. We know he is good, and we all got to witness how well he played from the scum role in the last game. To me, Kennedy is a high risk/high reward vote. If he is town and his night action is as powerful as he says it is then he will be a great asset. If he's scum and his night action is really strong then we're boned. I would like to hear some differentiation from the people running before I cast my vote.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:36 PM

I don't want to go too far into what my power does, but I'll be able to confirm that I'm town 100% shortly after being elected.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
I don't want to go too far into what my power does, but I'll be able to confirm that I'm town 100% shortly after being elected.
An exact timescale would be nice. I am also dubious of this, because, now that I did it in the last game, it's very easy for a mafia to pretend to have the same power.

Kennedy could also have some kind of fool role and is using this to get us to lynch him.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
You have my vote, with the caveat you are a high risk/high reward pick hence I await your proof eagerly.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
IF you can really confirm this it could be a good option, since we can lynch you anyways if you dont confirm that you're town.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:18 PM

Lets not bandwagon too hard until we hear from everyone. Personally I would like it if SSD or Kennedy was elected, since they are probably the two most experienced.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:43 PM

Hello.

My name is clap and I want to be your SG.

Vote for me.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:14 PM

Ill probably vote for Kennedy. My reason is the speed with which his campaign started. There was hardly any time for mafia-quicktopic discussion (if there is one). He could very well be doing that deliberatly and on his own accord, but judging meta-wise I doubt it.

What makes me unsure though is the lack of heavy campaigning from others so far. An eventual maf candidate has allready stuck his head out and I'd expect the mafia really going for that election...
Old 10-17-2011, 03:45 AM

Quote:
So after being elected, you will prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you're aligned with town? Or will we have to make leaps of logic that "seem reasonable"?

On a totally unrelated note...

Feel free to decline to answer, GGQ, but are there any roles that can change their alignment? I ask because I feel like it could be a game-breaking mechanic.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
So after being elected, you will prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you're aligned with town? Or will we have to make leaps of logic that "seem reasonable"?

On a totally unrelated note...

Feel free to decline to answer, GGQ, but are there any roles that can change their alignment? I ask because I feel like it could be a game-breaking mechanic.
No, there's no moles.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:47 AM

Well after last game I feel like it is actually harder to read people. Now that we have an idea of what kinds of roles were in last game it's a lot harder to trust somebody's role like Rib's King from last game. We just kind of trusted that his role was real and he was telling the truth. Withholding my vote until more discussion happens.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:49 AM

I agree with whoever it was that said that Kennedy is a high-risk, high-reward vote. Unfortunately I'm not so sure we should be taking such high risks, given how little information we have at the moment. I agree with Ribilla that Kennedy should give us an exact time scale, so we know what we have to work with. Something like one day would be acceptable to me, while if it was something like 3 days, I'd probably think we should vote for someone else.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:17 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammelonkel View Post
judging meta-wise I doubt it.
pretty sure from knowing kennedy that he was going to run regardless of his alignment or role

still, unless someone willing to just outright say their role, i'm much more inclined to vote for kennedy than anyone else.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

A couple questions were raised in PM, but I'll answer them here:

The bodyguards will be informed that they were picked as bodyguards, but they will not know each other's identity.

If a mafioso is picked as a BG, he will not protect a non-mafia SG, but he will protect a mafia SG.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:44 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Danielle

I would like to run for the pure and simple fact that I don't want Goose and CCNCCNCCNCCNCCN to random bandwagon on me for no reason, thus losing us a decent role early on.

Also I'll give you n00dz.
(this may or may not be false information)
Old 10-17-2011, 07:13 PM

Bah, so far we have nothing. Just some mumbo jumbo about 'Hey, my role is TEH AWESOME! Vote me!'. But nothing were you can point your finger on and decide with... So, SG candidates, step up your posts and give us some informations!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 PM

Particularly KENNEDY, timescale on proof of town please.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:51 PM

One of you will know beyond reasonable doubt that I am town on the day after I am elected, and I will ask that person to vouch for me. If they do not, I'll call them out in this thread and we'll move on from there.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
One of you will know beyond reasonable doubt that I am town on the day after I am elected, and I will ask that person to vouch for me. If they do not, I'll call them out in this thread and we'll move on from there.
I dont like this at all. It wont prove anything.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I don't like this either. The result of this will be the person vouching for you needing someone to vouch for them that they are town. Especially since we have nobody in the clear right now...It seems like it would be easy for you to ask one of your mafia buddies (not saying that you are mafia, just saying) to vouch for you as if they were town.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:10 PM

Yeah that is insufficient proof by any standard. I say we go for someone lower risk.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:46 PM

<--

Like I said, I can prove my role later on, yet still fairly early in the game. I'm not going to out my role unless I'm seriously considered for SG.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:57 PM

If you can't give us a definite timeline or criteria ("I can prove my role within 2 days" or "I can prove my role--lynch me and I will save myself") for when you can prove yourself then it does nothing to simply say you can. Simply saying "within a short amount of time" allows you to delay and delay without us knowing when.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:30 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

i can't prove anything, but i would still be the cutest mayor ever. that being said, i am willing to throw my support behind smushface because i am really interested to see what strategy he can cook up regardless of alignment. if scum gets elected as SG it's not the end of the world, but if smush can clear himself as town and be protected by BG's, that would be very good for town.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:33 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

can't edit but i mean we should be electing anyone that claims that they can clear themselves. if we elect kennedy and he can't prove that he's town, we can lynch him and whoever vouches for him. i don't feel like the vouching thing is something kennedy would risk when he would likely win the election outright, but i've misread him more than once before. i'd prefer smush for SG, but am ok with a kennedy election.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Ya'll have 29 hours or so to elect a security-general. Get voting.

Also, anyone who is running for mayor needs to PM me their choice for the lynch if they get elected.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
If you can't give us a definite timeline or criteria ("I can prove my role within 2 days" or "I can prove my role--lynch me and I will save myself") for when you can prove yourself then it does nothing to simply say you can. Simply saying "within a short amount of time" allows you to delay and delay without us knowing when.
Like I said, I can prove it later down the road and will out my ability if I am seriously considered for the role.

If I'm lying, you lynch me. No harm done.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
Like I said, I can prove it later down the road and will out my ability if I am seriously considered for the role.

If I'm lying, you lynch me. No harm done.
Give us an exact timescale for the earliest time you can prove you are town.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:35 PM

Kennedy cant prove it.

Go vote me now.

Because i am best.