Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:35 PM

Ima sleep, but i'm waithdrawng my vote for kennedy as going from "I can prove" to "1 person will vouch" is a big difference to what I originally thought I was getting on dis deal..
Old 10-17-2011, 11:10 PM

You guys should seriously ****ing elect me. The cool part of my power isn't that I can clear myself. If I'm given bodyguards, I'll be able to wreak some serious havoc on mafia.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Give us an exact timescale for the earliest time you can prove you are town.
This, Smush.

Also, if we do elect Kennedy, and someone does vouch for him, how do we test? We can't lynch the person vouching for him- for all we know sending false inno reports to town members could be part of his role. He hasn't given us any other way of knowing his alignment, and now he seems to be grasping at straws (I can wreak havoc on the mafia, guise). I'm leaning more towards Smush for SG but will withhold vote until we get a specific timescale and method of checking his town-alignment.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:49 AM

I have an instakill power, I'l leave the details hidden for now. I don't have an exact time frame because I'd like to save it for a high probability target so it would be a few days until I would use it.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:56 AM

I feel like people are unable to grasp the concept of proving they are town. If you don't have power that can prove you, fair enough, but please don't lie and say you do.

One person saying you are town != Proof
Killing someone != Proof
Old 10-18-2011, 12:57 AM

tbh i trust smushface a lot more than kennedy...Guys you have to remember, kennedy holds the altitude record for longest tenured player to be dead last in ladder.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:13 AM

smush is a very good leader and a very good player and it seems like kennedy would have run no matter what. I'm going to vote smush for now, but am amiable to changing my vote.

Also, on lynch, I feel like we should get community discussion on that. If a SG goes against community sentiment that could be some sort of scumtell.

Thoughts?
Old 10-18-2011, 01:35 AM

Ok, Ive been kinda busy, but I'm caught up now. I haven't seen anything that people are saying that means they can prove they are town like they are saying they can. I'm a bit of a gambler so I'm leaning towards Kennedy right now. I agree we should start discussing who should be killed day 1, I don't have any leads right now. I would lean towards someone who has been lurky in previous games, lacking any other evidence.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:02 AM

Quote:
I feel like people are unable to grasp the concept of proving they are town. If you don't have power that can prove you, fair enough, but please don't lie and say you do.

One person saying you are town != Proof
Killing someone != Proof
The person who will confirm me will be 100% cleared as well.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:03 AM

You guys really need to elect me. This role is ridiculously dynamic.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
The person who will confirm me will be 100% cleared as well.
How so? You really should be more direct when campaigning.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:51 AM

I'm leaning towards smush as well; Kennedy does seem to be grasping at straws but SG is pretty important and I'd expect nothing less from him. I just found smush more believable from the beginning , as he admitted right away that he wasn't gonna be able to prove himself immediately.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Bout 24 hours for votes! Get em in or feel my wrath!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
How so? You really should be more direct when campaigning.
I can't be more direct. Long story short, my power role is God. I'm not claiming t,o be a diety but if elected SG I will essentially be God in this game. God is townsided, by the way.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:32 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

smushface is the safer call here, but kennedy wouldn't be pushing this so hard if his role wasn't actually powerful. kennedy, can you be confirmed if you're elected today even without outing someone to vouch for you?
Old 10-18-2011, 04:00 AM

I cannot. I require a night cycle.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:10 AM

I feel like both Kennedy and Smush are good enough at mafia to know that they can make whatever they want up in this game. Kennedy is pushing this really hard, so I'm not sure if he is some kind of mafia with an ability to coax people into thinking he is town or what, but I'm a little sketched out by the 'another person will claim for me' thing. On the other side of the coin, if he is telling the truth, it sounds great.

Smush didn't sound too excited about his role, so I doubt he is fake claiming, but who knows... it's smush. Not a whole lot to read there.

I'm leaning towards voting kennedy.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:36 AM

Man this thread is going crazy.
As to my thoughts, I would prefer a low risk/low reward over high risk/high reward. So I am leaning towards Smush right now. However if Kennedy can come up with a better way to clear himself then I will gladly vote for him.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:38 AM

I guarantee you that the reward for me being elected is higher than you think it is.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

kennedy, i'm curious why you insist that you have a good role that works especially well with sg, yet are not willing to say it. if it were really as good as you thought it was, what is the risk in saying it?
Old 10-18-2011, 07:00 AM

All I'll say is that there's a risk.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:27 AM

if I am reading the voting thread right, someone used a power to change clapon's vote to kennedy 0-o
Old 10-18-2011, 08:24 AM

Okay, so thats information. Clapon's vote has been switched permanently to Kennedy, obviously through the use of a power.

This leads to the inevitable WIFOM. Mafia switching a vote to their candidate Kennedy? :/ Or is it an attempt to hamper his campaign. I have to go with the latter, as it's just way too obvious. Switching one vote this early on likely wouldn't even decide the election. Then again, it's just so blatantly obvious, and there we go.

IMO, we can't read too much into this, other than awareness that there is a vote-switching role out there. Interesting that that person would choose to use it though.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:47 AM

IMO this is clearly the work of Kennedy and his scumbag mafia friends manipulating the Clapon vote.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:44 PM

I'm voting for Smush because I simply don't know Kennedy, and the high risk/high reward thing people are talking about imply knowledge of the person that I don't have, so I'll just go with something that I know will work.
If he's not lying, that is, but at this point, we can't confirm for sure that either of them are lying so yeah ...
Old 10-18-2011, 12:49 PM

Gonna go ahead and vote for smush as well. The vote switch makes Kennedy look pretty suspicious...
Old 10-18-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfish Lover View Post
Gonna go ahead and vote for smush as well. The vote switch makes Kennedy look pretty suspicious...
If anything I think it helps clear him slightly, the mafia wouldn't do something that retarded (checks Xorg isn't playing), nope, not that stupid.

Both Smush and Kennedy are very good players. I actually feel like we have less reason to trust Smush now than Kennedy. An instakill power proves nothing and sounds like it is probably single use (bad power for SG), it also sounds mafia sided.

I would like to hear more from SSD, otherwise I'm taking Kennedy as the best of a bad bunch.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:17 PM

I think the vote switch doesnt clear him at all but at the same time it doesnt help us with deciding. Im more oriented towards smush because i feel that unless kennedy can prove it to more than one player we will never clear him.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
the mafia wouldn't do something that retarded (checks Xorg isn't playing)

I am leaning slightly towards Kennedy. Reasons: What I pointed out earlier, and Rib reiterated. And he sticks his neck out a little bit more while campaigning.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
You guys really need to elect me. This role is ridiculously dynamic.
Sorry for doubleposting.

What do you mean by this? Dynamic, as in the role mechanic changes as the game progress? Or versatility?
Old 10-18-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
If anything I think it helps clear him slightly, the mafia wouldn't do something that retarded (checks Xorg isn't playing), nope, not that stupid.

Both Smush and Kennedy are very good players. I actually feel like we have less reason to trust Smush now than Kennedy. An instakill power proves nothing and sounds like it is probably single use (bad power for SG), it also sounds mafia sided.

I would like to hear more from SSD, otherwise I'm taking Kennedy as the best of a bad bunch.
I see your point. I'm gonna stick with my vote for now but I am open to changing it once I hear what Kennedy has to say about it.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:16 PM

An instakill on a mafia won't necessarily "prove" anything but it will be indicative.

While it may not be the best SG synergistic power out there, it's still absurdly useful in the mid-game and I should be kept alive until then regardless of who becomes SG.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:55 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
An instakill on a mafia won't necessarily "prove" anything but it will be indicative.

While it may not be the best SG synergistic power out there, it's still absurdly useful in the mid-game and I should be kept alive until then regardless of who becomes SG.
your insta-kill ability won't work unless you're SG?
Old 10-18-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post

It's not a bad power, but the way people seem to have voted for you without explanation in this thread makes me a suspicious panda.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:20 PM

Also, why is Smush a safer call the Kennedy? They both have the same chance of being mafia.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:31 PM

if smushface can really take out 1 scum immediately upon being elected, it is definitely more indicative of town-sidedness than you seem to think. there's really no reason for maf to claim only to kill one of their own, the SG role really isn't all that powerful.

that being said, i don't feel that kennedy would push this hard on such a vague power when he would be lynched if he couldn't prove anything. voting in that direction.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
your insta-kill ability won't work unless you're SG?
Nah, it works regardless. Reasoning is that I'd be alive for a while if I was SG. A well-timed instakill (say, getting mafia kp down before night hits) is really useful in the mid game when the lines are more defined. I don't HAVE to be SG, but since I've outed my role, it's either SG or UN protection (AND WE ALL KNOW HOW USEFUL THAT IS RIGHT GEORGIA LOL).
Old 10-18-2011, 05:27 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

i dislike both smush and kennedy as candidates after kennedy's response.

kennedy should have realized that there would hardly be a risk if his role were so good it would essentially lock up the election. due to his not claiming a role, i find his claim to be either a role which relies on deceiving the mafia by the mafia not knowing what it is (possible, but unlikely), an attempt to role fish by encouraging other claims or half-claims by his not claiming, or an outright fabrication. that or kennedy is just super paranoid about losing this election, which is pretty stupid, and i don't see kennedy as being that stupid. i suppose he could be the one with the persuasion power, but i doubt that that is a role that kennedy would say is super powerful.

smush on the other hand has a role which I highly question the usefulness of being an sg, albeit it being provable. i'm almost tempted to just take kennedy's word over giving sg to a role i find to have pretty bad synergy with sg.

if kennedy actually posts with what i consider a good explanation of why he is being so protective, i'll vote for him. if not, i'm voting smush, and i recommend that either a better role-wise candidate than smush comes forward and or that other people do the same.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:48 PM

Having one instakill doesn't sound near as powerful as kennedy's soft-claim, especially for SG. Having smush as SG would make this like last insane mafia where rib and his bodyguards were simply townies with an extra vote. Mafia doesn't even have a reason to kill smush early (a blind shot is more likely to hit town), so the protection would be useless. Switching vote to kennedy, but hoping somebody with more confirmable role would step up.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:29 PM

I really, really have no idea who to vote for. I think I'm leaning slightly towards kennedy now as the vote switch seems to clear him more than indite him. Keep in mind that ken and smush could both be mafia and are just trying to create as much confusion as possible, or could be third parties(ken specifically) that get some insane bonus for being elected mayor.