Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
And once again a game with 3 players posting!
About PM groups i know that no one in my group is confirmed to be town, so i dont really see a point in claiming who you are in a PM circle with unless some serious scumslip happens that the others can confirm. Kennedy just probably randomed some PM groups.
This is the only thing that come across as remotely scummy to me so far. Trying to sound like town? Why do you believe he randomed the groups, rather than with some flavour-wise or alignment-wise connection?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammelonkel View Post
Alot of checking-in posts, a good deal of activity this early in the game which is good. Hopefully too many won't "phase out" as day 1 progress.

My PM-circle has no information on eachothers alignments or roles. Having clusters of clears obviously is a great advantage. I believe people in pm-circles should scumhunt internally as much as possible and watch eachother specifically in-thread. Over time this should lead to a good impression on who one should trust and not. Also investigative roles might want to check out their pm-buddies before other players, but that's not absolute.

From my experience in other forums, this is true. Looking back on the posting of lurker-scum, they pop in every so often to say something with semi-content.
One comment about this - you said investigative roles might want to check out their pm-buddies - but if this game is like any of the previous mafia - there's going to be a "godfather" or "lawyer" type role that could potentially lie about what someone's role is. People shouldn't immediately trust someone just because their investigation clears them - as I think that was a problem in the last mafia game tremendously.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:14 AM

True, one should consider the option that any given information is falsified. If we are to gain anything having the investigative roles though, the information they give should be taken into account as they more often would be accurate than not.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
This is the only thing that come across as remotely scummy to me so far. Trying to sound like town? Why do you believe he randomed the groups, rather than with some flavour-wise or alignment-wise connection?
He clearly stated in my pm group that no one has information on the other roles so i am just going with the assumption that they are random groups to make sure i dont end up trusting someone i shouldnt.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:18 PM

Hi gaiz
Oh so I see lots of stuff happened during the night already. That's interesting.

As I already told my PM group, I don't think everyone in a PM group is of the same alignment. Seeing that people from other PM groups report the same conditions, it's very likely that in at least some of them, there are zombies.

Also, I wanted to ask, it's probably not very important (if at all) but are the PM groups all of the same size ? I've got 4 people total in mine.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:35 PM

Mike, not saying every protective role should be on me. Just some.

And again, I am almost sure there are going to be people converted to zombie so we must watch for that.

Keep the posts coming.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:55 PM

Hey-
For the record, I think it's confirmed Mintz is town. Kennedy explicitly confirmed that. It even shows up on the scoreboard.

Quote:
This is me confirming that Mintz is actually sided with the town. No gimmick.
Also, I don't think lynching a lurker is the best idea, so I'll probably just hold off my vote to see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyr View Post
Also, I wanted to ask, it's probably not very important (if at all) but are the PM groups all of the same size ? I've got 4 people total in mine.
Must not be. I've got 3.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:48 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

As far as I'm concerned and as far as we should be concerned from a d1 perspective, Mintz is clear.

I think that lynching an active lurker who usually doesn't active lurk is a good idea, as then we not only lynch someone who is not contributing, but also someone who normally is much more so meta-wise.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:20 PM

So apparently mintz is 100% cleared from kennedy, we should set him aside for now and take this information as true. Judge him later on from his playstyle. The protective roles flip a coin if heads protect mintz otherwise some other random you think is town. I have no other idea on how to make sure all the roles do not go on mintz.
If mintz isnt lying and there is some kind of conversion role (which makes sense since its zombie mafia) we should try and read people on a day to day basis since their style could change.
Ill wait till more people post to decide on a lynch since atm only like 7 players posted.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:02 PM

We still have a lot of time, let's not try to be too hasty on lynching someone or whatever.
Remember that it's currently early in the morning for people on the other side of the Atlantic.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:31 PM

so i just got back from school, read the day post and saw the clear on mintz, it all seems really interesting but can we maybe get any clues out of the day post? when i read through it i saw quite a few interesting sentences, i'll try to see if i can get something out of it, maybe others could look into it too?
Old 11-17-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
Day One

The military's response was pathetic. A rescue operation quickly turned to "cleanup", and every citizen of Altiopolis became fair game. Hundreds died, but last week the zombies swarmed the military's base, burning it to the ground. It's not known whether anybody made it out alive, but most hope not...
so basically it states here that there's a possibility of people making it out of there alive, which can refer to a role who can check other players (just tell me if this sounds really stupid)

Quote:
Day One

A little girl has been seen scampering around the city by day. She runs when approached, so nobody has been able to get a word out of her. Some are concerned - a child, alone, in this hell? Others could care less; only the strong survive in times such as these.
here it says that a little girl has been found walking around the village etc. etc. maybe it refers to something later in the game? should keep it in mind i think.

last thing:

Quote:
This morning, the Zombie horde was seen leaving the city for the first time. They'll certainly be back, but the occupants of Altiopolis have taken the opportunity to get on their roofs and discuss their situation. These Zombies are particularly dangerous. The virus sometimes allows them to talk and act like normal people until triggered into a violent, hungry rage. Some have completely devolved into this state, while others are mostly indistinguishable from people. Thus, it is imperative for the citizens of Altiopolis to root out the monsters among them, and bring a little justice into a cold, cruel world.
in the last paragraph kennedy tells us that there's certain zombie's who can act like humans, but some cannot, maybe a silence on 1 zombie with an extra role? should watch out for people who don't post.

(btw i just quoted the paragraphs since i didn't really know what sentences to use.)

this is all really sketchy but all i can come up with for now.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:56 PM

I don't see why the people making it out of the military base would be guys who can reveal other people's roles ...

The little girl though, that struck me as well actually. Seemed a bit too random for it to be there if it didn't mean anything.
I'm thinking of a neutral role right now because apparently she's not with the zombies, but she isn't with the townies either.

As for the zombies acting like humans, I'm fairly sure it refers to the mafia members that we're trying to uncover.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyr View Post
I don't see why the people making it out of the military base would be guys who can reveal other people's roles ...

The little girl though, that struck me as well actually. Seemed a bit too random for it to be there if it didn't mean anything.
I'm thinking of a neutral role right now because apparently she's not with the zombies, but she isn't with the townies either.

As for the zombies acting like humans, I'm fairly sure it refers to the mafia members that we're trying to uncover.
yeah, i know about the last part but it also states that some can't hide themselves being a zombie. so maybe some sort of reveal after time? as i said it is sketchy for sure. and about the first part, the people making it out of there could've seen and remembered stuff, is what i thought >.> but yeah i just wanted to throw something out there.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Why would his belief that the groups were made randomly or intentionally make him anymore or less scummy/towny?
Old 11-17-2011, 04:53 PM

So much posting...

What would be nice to ascertain is whether the mafia are in two PM groups. In every other game I know of, the mafia can talk to each other and are in their separate mafia PM group. In this game there a multiple PM groups, the question is "do mafia belong to both their own and 'random' [as I will call them for now, I don't think the distribution is entirely random] PM groups".

I think it is safe to assume there are some mafia in the town groups mentioned. So, hypothetically, if mafia also have their own google doc then they can communicate and report what goes on in each group. This means that if you post in your PM group and there is a mafia there too, every mafia can see what you are posting but there will be many town who will not.

For this reason I suggest people don't do too much within their own PM groups and most of the action, particularly important posts, in the main thread, where everyone can see them. If a mafia is killed/lynched, and you belong to a small group (i.e. someone like flexio) then you are probably safe to assume that other person isn't a zombie, but could still be a 3rd party.

Kennedy can you confirm whether mafia have their own QT as well as there being a possibility of them being in others?

Zombies lend themselves to conversion upon death, though I think this must be limited in some way (perhaps a total amount of conversions per game, or one every two nights, etc), otherwise this game would be way too easy for mafia. There is also the possibility that there is a very small number of zombies (i.e. 2 or 3) and that they must swell their ranks by conversion early on in the game. Whatever the setup I think we should play fairly trigger happy, because killing zombies early will not only result in reduced KP (I assume), but also possibly a reduced capacity for conversions.

Perhaps the idea of feral zombies (from starting post) means that there are some players who win with zombies, but operate on their own and just have a KP or something similar, but are cut off from the main group.

I don't yet know who to lynch.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:35 PM

Keep in mind that this is Zombie mafia and we don't know yet how the "zombie" aspect of this game meshes with the "mafia" part.

This line from day 1: The virus sometimes allows them to talk and act like normal people until triggered into a violent, hungry rage. Some have completely devolved into this state, while others are mostly indistinguishable from people.”

Few interpretations:

1) It could just be the standard mafia phase where scum turn into zombies at night and look like townies during the day. This is kind of boring though and doesn't really deviate far enough from the norm.

Also keep in mind that there are feral zombies which kind of throw a wrench into this interpretation.

2) Trigger based zombies. Humans that appear town but turn fulll zombie after a set period of time, a phase change, or a mod / player trigger.

3) A mixture of the two. This is the one I'm leaning towards the most. I'm assuming that there is a core group of OG zombies that are standard "mafia" and a trigger based zombie that will be revealed at some point down the line.

The possible type of zombies in the game:
a) Infectors. Can bite townies to make them become zombies. The question remains is whether they become acting mafia members or just mindless distractions that each "fort" has to deal with.

b) Time-bomb zombies. Will appear town (maybe even mod-cleared town, won't know for sure until it happens) until a certain trigger occurs and they become feral.

c) I think that there is a high likeliness of a janitor type role as zombie's eat people aka clean up corpses. Would fit the lore.

d) there's some misc. scum roles that are floating around in my head but I think those are the most likely.

Remember that PM groups are fort based and there will be unique mod-driven interactions between the players between forts. I'm not sure exactly what's going to happen, but I have a few ideas about it that I'll flesh out later.

Also, 5$ says that the little girl will come a knockin at a fort and the fort will have to decide to let her in or not.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:23 PM

I find [Y]'s reaction regarding Mintz's clear a little strange. He protested too much for my taste, that we shouldn't trust her at all and such. He is right that we shouldn't sheep Mintz, but he tries to make us distrust a 99.9% cleared town.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:39 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

am i the only one that's not in a pm group? lol

anyway day 1 is always pretty meh. my early reads are that andy and mike are playing pretty scummy. i've never seen mike play a mafia game before though and this might be the norm for him, but while andy usually is pretty scummy he's obtusely so today.

i don't like wolf's posting that much but i'd be extremely hesitant to lynch him because i feel like kennedy probably premade the mafia teams before he realized wolf was in and that it's highly unlikely that he swapped someone out for wolf. maybe a third party role though.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:39 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OT Piccolo View Post
I find [Y]'s reaction regarding Mintz's clear a little strange. He protested too much for my taste, that we shouldn't trust her at all and such. He is right that we shouldn't sheep Mintz, but he tries to make us distrust a 99.9% cleared town.
mintz is a dude.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post

anyway day 1 is always pretty meh. my early reads are that andy and mike are playing pretty scummy. i've never seen mike play a mafia game before though and this might be the norm for him, but while andy usually is pretty scummy he's obtusely so today.

i don't like wolf's posting that much but i'd be extremely hesitant to lynch him because i feel like kennedy probably premade the mafia teams before he realized wolf was in and that it's highly unlikely that he swapped someone out for wolf. maybe a third party role though.
I had not assigned any roles before all 26 players signed up. You all have an equal chance to be mafia.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
I had not assigned any roles before all 26 players signed up. You all have an equal chance to be mafia.
no dude i know kennedy better than you do and he definitely assigned roles beforehand
Old 11-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Can you explain in more detail what you think is sketchy about andy, mike and wolf's posting? Refer specifically to posts/sentences, the more precise the better .
Old 11-17-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesol View Post
With that being said - gear stands out to me as being potentially scummy from his post asking about unnecessary information from a confirmed town.
Based on the discussion in my PM group, PM groups shall make it easier to find enough pro-village players that we can risk lynching the unknowns. This is my personal current motto. I shall begin trying to align it with the discussion by players such as Mintz who want to target active lurkers for the Day 1 lynch.

I was one of the first posters. I was reasonably assuming that Mintz wasn't going to be double-cleared and highlighted blue on the roster page. If he hadn't been 100%, was thinking it would have been useful information against him that he was talking about leading, but unwilling to answer if his group is active or useful to town, or if he even could say how many players are in his group (keep in mind players hadn't stated different group sizes such as 1 or 4 at this time.)
Old 11-17-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGQ View Post
Can you explain in more detail what you think is sketchy about andy, mike and wolf's posting? Refer specifically to posts/sentences, the more precise the better .
andy and mike are just parroting and stating obvious things that have either already been stated or don't need to be said.

i just dislike his whole analyzing the first post thing. it's inconsistent with how he's played in the past and while he may be trying something new since he's been called noob in the past, it's not something i really see him doing. to me it seems like he's either claiming a survivor from said military base or the little girl, or at least that he knows something about those roles that we don't.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:12 PM

Well, with 26 people, obviously not all groups will have the same number of people. Im suspecting that if your group starts to get killed off, and you end up either alone, or possibly down to 2, you will abandon your fort and try and join another.

The town protection roles will just have to wifom and let mafia try and figure out if they want to use a shot at mintz or not. How about this. In the player list, if you have an odd number next to your name and are a protective role, with no potential negative effects(in previous mafia games I think there was some role where the doc had a chance of killing the player they were protecting) be on mintz, otherwise go on someone else.

What ive gathered from the opening post is, one of the mafia people is most likely the scientist, possibly with the ability to make people zombies. Potentially a third party group of military, possibly like the corp from a few games ago where they want to be all thats alive. The little girl is kinda intriguing. Reminds me of that scene from men in black where they are doing their testing and will smith shoots the girl because she has some quantum physics books and what not. I for one am going to be wary of her. I doubt the part where some zombies have devolved into this state is referring to any player that cant talk. I doubt there would be a character that is mafia but cant post anything, since in the rules it says you have to post.

I didn't see anything wrong with fus doubting of the clear until kennedy reiterated that there was no gimmicks involved in his clear. I myself was going to be wary of the clear before kennedys clarification.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
andy and mike are just parroting and stating obvious things that have either already been stated or don't need to be said.

i just dislike his whole analyzing the first post thing. it's inconsistent with how he's played in the past and while he may be trying something new since he's been called noob in the past, it's not something i really see him doing. to me it seems like he's either claiming a survivor from said military base or the little girl, or at least that he knows something about those roles that we don't.
i have no clue about anything i stated about the first day post, thats why i obviously tried to see if we could get something from it. and yes i am indeed trying to be more active then last game as town for sure failed, even i could see that. but let's not talk about the previous game, but about this.

i cannot see why you think mike andy or I are scummy, parroting and stating obvious things that have either already been stated or don't need to be said isn't really a new thing. Especially since this is only day 1 just yet there's nothing ANYONE could really know unless they have roles which can be used at daytime.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:25 PM

btw, about 50% of smush's post is the same as mine, so why don't you refer to him as parroting and stating obvious things that have already been stated?
Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 PM

To go along with Mintz' analysis:

Quote:
It's been six months since they came. Ripping, tearing, biting, infecting every man, woman and child they encountered. Zombies, bred by a madman scientist seeking to "perfect" humanity. He quickly lost control, being bitten himself, and joined the ranks of the undead in their massacre.
That last sentence would mean that Smush's suggested infector zombie type seems likely in this game. I also believe his time-bomb zombie is probably accurate, but I'll get to that below.

Quote:
The military's response was pathetic. A rescue operation quickly turned to "cleanup", and every citizen of Altiopolis became fair game. Hundreds died, but last week the zombies swarmed the military's base, burning it to the ground. It's not known whether anybody made it out alive, but most hope not...
Hoping that people don't make it out of the military base just seems like people don't want more zombies running around. I don't see anything of import in that sentence.

Quote:
A little girl has been seen scampering around the city by day. She runs when approached, so nobody has been able to get a word out of her. Some are concerned - a child, alone, in this hell? Others could care less; only the strong survive in times such as these.
Tyr's interpretation of a neutral role seems likely here. But, given the last sentence, this role could possibly have some OP traits to it. "Only the strong survive" can easily be interpreted as foreshadowing of the little girl's abilities.

Quote:
This morning, the Zombie horde was seen leaving the city for the first time. They'll certainly be back, but the occupants of Altiopolis have taken the opportunity to get on their roofs and discuss their situation. These Zombies are particularly dangerous. The virus sometimes allows them to talk and act like normal people until triggered into a violent, hungry rage. Some have completely devolved into this state, while others are mostly indistinguishable from people. Thus, it is imperative for the citizens of Altiopolis to root out the monsters among them, and bring a little justice into a cold, cruel world.
The first sentence makes me believe that there is a time-role to these zombies. Given that they'll come back, I'm guessing the night phases will get hella scary (cuz it would make sense for them to come back then). Confirmed townies could be converted during this time, just to come back to normal during the day again.

The zombies left to talk amongst town would be the zombie leaders imo. Godfather and janitor, if there is one, would probably be in this group. This group, like Rib said, would probably be tiny atm, so trying to lynch just anyone might end up likelier to ML than giving us a good result.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf'j'max View Post
i have no clue about anything i stated about the first day post, thats why i obviously tried to see if we could get something from it. and yes i am indeed trying to be more active then last game as town for sure failed, even i could see that. but let's not talk about the previous game, but about this.

i cannot see why you think mike andy or I are scummy, parroting and stating obvious things that have either already been stated or don't need to be said isn't really a new thing. Especially since this is only day 1 just yet there's nothing ANYONE could really know unless they have roles which can be used at daytime.
That second part is really really scummy.

Parroting is just an attempt to post. The only reason one would do this is to alleviate suspicion.

In addition, i hate this line "but let's not talk about the previous game, but about this." Scum hunting using metagame is extremely effective against all but the best players.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir416 View Post
I didn't see anything wrong with fus doubting of the clear until kennedy reiterated that there was no gimmicks involved in his clear. I myself was going to be wary of the clear before kennedys clarification.
Yeah, wary maybe, but [Y] seems so totally contra Mintz. Even after Kennedy did his first post, he was still 'That says nothing!!!!!1111'. As if he didn't want anyone to believe in Mintz.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:37 PM

OT, first of all, as SSD said, I am a guy . Not a fat black chick.

And while I don't like that from FU (that's [Y] for those who don't know), he is one of the most paranoid people I know.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexio View Post
Hey-
For the record, I think it's confirmed Mintz is town. Kennedy explicitly confirmed that. It even shows up on the scoreboard.

Also, I don't think lynching a lurker is the best idea, so I'll probably just hold off my vote to see what happens.

Must not be. I've got 3.
This screams "check-in" post to me btw. It doesn't add anything that we didn't know, and already repeats what other people are saying. The only semi-helpful info is that his group has only 3 people which seemed like it was a good opp for him to "contribute" something.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:46 PM

See what you did GGQ. See what we're harping on about now. This is all your fault.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintzMachete View Post
OT, first of all, as SSD said, I am a guy . Not a fat black chick.
Details details
Old 11-17-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OT Piccolo View Post
Details details

I DO NOT GET CALLED FAT AND BLACK AND A WOMAN. you will die for your sins :P.

in all actuality, details are super important.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
See what you did GGQ. See what we're harping on about now. This is all your fault.
It's always better to talk about something than nothing. If you have something more valuable to discuss, I'm all ears!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGQ View Post
It's always better to talk about something than nothing. If you have something more valuable to discuss, I'm all ears!
What do you believe will be the eventual conclusion of the Occupy Wall Street movement?
Old 11-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
What do you believe will be the eventual conclusion of the Occupy Wall Street movement?
Noted: Smushface first discouraging conversation and then trying to sidetrack it.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintzMachete View Post
That second part is really really scummy.

Parroting is just an attempt to post. The only reason one would do this is to alleviate suspicion.

In addition, i hate this line "but let's not talk about the previous game, but about this." Scum hunting using metagame is extremely effective against all but the best players.
it's just because i'm annoyed by the fact that ssd immediately points at someone because they play the same as previous game, and sure scumhunting using the metagame can be good, but i actually meant, don't talk about the previous game as in, people were parroting etc. all the time. not the way a person posts individually but just the whole thing town did by repeating stuff, which spart went over again, by the way. he basically quoted me, you, tyr and smush.
Since being active is REALLY important at this point i'm not really surprised people ARE parroting and repeating at the moment... as i said before, there's nothing else really to talk about besides your clear, except that it's most likely the truth.