Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:33 PM

Default Ball Maps Updated

The new website will include a map section listing maps with screenshots and download link. It will also provide an http download source for anyone running Altitude servers for fast map downloads. I'm going to be working on perfecting maps for all modes as part of this. This usually means fixing collision outlines and reducing possibilities to exploit the map (revving through objects). Some maps have ridiculously large file sizes for no reason like tbd_chess, so I'll fix that too. In some cases I may adjust the para false view (bg color and removing non-collideable objects). If you have any requests for para false changes let me know.

The official maps that are already great will likely still be renamed with _x in order to have them download from my servers (with map download servers located in Asia, Europe, US East, and US West and files served from closest server to your location).

I'm not sure if I'll start updating these a few per day or wait until everything is ready and switch to new maps all at once. But if you are wondering why you are having to download maps in the near future this is why.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 08-06-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:17 PM

Most ball maps have now received at least minor fixes. ALL ball maps must be redownloaded as even the small amount with no changes have been renamed to keep everything under a new naming scheme. All ball maps end in _pb which means "PlaneBall.com Certified".

If you want to download all the updated maps rather than having to download in-game you can grab them at http://maps.planeball.com/maps_pb.zip. Extract to your Altitude maps folder.

95% of fixes were collision outlines with lostcity, lostcity2, cutesy, and asteroids getting almost entirely redrawn. Most other maps received relatively minor fixes. A few maps have new para false background colors. Grotto's name text was changed to white to make names easier to read. Visual issues were fixed on maze and planepark. Many maps with goals backed up against objects were fixed to prevent move the goal bug. Many borders/objects made rev proof to prevent revving through them.

I have finally switched over to the new map download servers which serves files from either Asia, US-West, US-East, or Europe depending on your location. If you experience any issues downloading maps let me know.

In preparation of upcoming changes AltitudeRank.com has been stripped from server name. Servers are now named "Ranked <mode> <region>#". US server is now US-East. There will very soon be either a US-West or US-Central. I'll probably name it West for simplicity even though it is Central US (Ohio).

Clan features are temporarily unavailable as the clan lobby has been removed. Non-ladder matches will be played on separate servers with unique ban lists, rules, etc. These servers should be ready tomorrow (Friday).

edit: US servers are now defined as USE and USW for move commands and on the website.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 08-07-2015 at 04:21 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:36 PM

That ****ing spawn will own me no more. (red old, yellow new)
Old 08-07-2015, 03:05 PM

I don't know if sarcasm or serious, but I didn't even realize the spawn was a problem on cutesy. It seems to be mostly addressed on the right spawn unintentionally, but it is still easy to clip the top of the left spawn if for some reason you fly straight ahead instead of immediately head down.

I'm going to move the spawn points down a few pixels and re-upload.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:50 PM

Serious. That tail has quite a bit more red then the background indicates. It is one of the few corners that I have died to many times. Note that I'm talking about the lower side, as one exits and turns towards their own goal.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:12 PM

Ah, yeah I realize what you are talking about. A lot of maps have collision outlines that go a little outside of the visible areas. When I edit maps I try to clean those up and generally go a couple pixels inside of the object to be safe, especially on sharp/narrow edges like that one.

But one of the spawn points was basically touching the top too with a bump on the ceiling in front of it, so straight from spawn = clip top. So that is what I fixed today.