Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Clan Organization

Clan Organization Clan recruiting and other things clans want publicized.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:54 AM

If you haven't checked our forums {arr} members, please do so and respond to the schedule area topics. We have a match vs {av0} tonight and another one against {ball*} tomorrow.

Edit: My bad, the match against ball* is today and av0 tomorrow.

Last edited by gemigemi; 03-05-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:21 PM

Hey gemi make sure you edit that your NOT accepting most people to join arr OR arf because you don't want to get any larger.

I just don't want other people thinking they can join when they can't.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:25 PM

guys this clan is going to begin 1 of the bet ball clan, good job guys, lovely clan.

-evil tomato
Old 03-06-2010, 01:05 AM

Yes, as Lethal mentioned, our recruitment is currently at a halt as we have gotten a bit larger than we had aimed for. We are thinking about options (running a second clan, etc etc) but nothing has been decide on yet. We'll see how it goes and will let you know.

Today was a match day for us. We had a random training with {aV0} first. Surprisingly the match wasn't too tough for us and {arr} ended up winning all maps. The first wins were 6-0 and later on {aV0} got a bit closer (even one 6-4 game) when they got a couple of player changes (TMIC especially). Tomorrow is the real match though and I guess they'll bring a more organized team then? We'll see.

The match against {ball*} on the other hand didn't start out too well. We had 11 arr's and 1 arf online and ball also had a huge number of players, so the beginning was a mess when we were trying to figure out teams. This time our team choices didn't work out so well and ball was also simply a LOT better, so they ended up winning 3 maps in a row. Our defense was lacking and I've already ranted on the arr forums about it, so if you are a member please check it out. We then went for a full Explo and Bomber team and were able to rack up our first win. This changed the tide and we were able to get a streak of 3 wins (the rest of maps with normal plane setups), so the total map wins were tied 3-3 for the {arr}vs{ball*}. ball had definitely moar goal than we did overall, so in the end they were the winners of the day. It's a good score, but I'm not satisfied with our teams play today, and overall felt that this was our worst match so far. I guess the only reason we were able to rack up even that many map wins was due to the lag ball players had on our server. Next time we are playing on US servers so we don't have room for so many mistakes. I hope all you members are able to get your spirits up and fly well!

(Also: we need a lobby map on the match servers...)

Last edited by gemigemi; 03-06-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemigemi View Post
I guess the only reason we were able to rack up even that many map wins was due to the lag ball players had on our server.
You are being too modest as their lagging also hindered our playing (like their miranda warping in few seconds from one side of the map to the other, Nikon teleporting around the place, etc.). Without a doubt they were better and overall winners but I would like to clarify that our winnings were not because of lag. Even when Nikon was away only one goal was made if I remember correctly and that was done by {ball/*}. But we'll learn the truth next time we scrim them.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:52 AM

Check out the videos from drunkguava from our training against {aV0}:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkGFYkKP5lw - Random flying around while building up teams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RatkPnQg3o - ball_grotto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smtYy9XG61E - ball_darkwar (this one has some nice looking goals and saves)
Old 03-06-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Check out the videos from drunkguava from our training against {aV0}:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkGFYkKP5lw - Random flying around while building up teams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RatkPnQg3o - ball_grotto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smtYy9XG61E - ball_darkwar (this one has some nice looking goals and saves)
No. Delete those.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:08 PM

Our teams defensive weakness comes more apparent each match we play. Defense is a huge struggle all the time. Thus I'm holding us from any matches against other clans and will concentrate our training times to training amongst clan members only to get our defense straight. Sorry for anyone who was looking towards new matches in the following week or two.

{arr} vs. {aV0}

snow - 6-1 - arr win
cave - 6-4 - arr win
labyrinth - 6-1 - arr win
planepark - 6-4 - aV0 win
maze - 6-5 - aV0 win
darkwar - 6-4 - arr win
mayhem2 - 6-4 - aV0 win

That's a 4-3 map win total favoring arr. Ok, but not good enough. See you on the fields once we are good to go!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:36 PM

They were really some great games and was a blast to play with you guys!! cant wait to play you guys some more sometime in the future and i wish the best of luck for you guys!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapon View Post
They were really some great games and was a blast to play with you guys!! cant wait to play you guys some more sometime in the future and i wish the best of luck for you guys!
Thanks, it was fun. Was good to see you guys pull your act together today. Yesterday was quite a bad day for you and today started badly with a 3 win streak for us, but then you got your thing going. It's definitely going to be interesting to see the future between {ball}, {aV0} and {arr}.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:24 AM

i want to be in arr!
Old 03-13-2010, 06:18 PM

can i join {arf}?
i would like a clan but need to train more
Old 03-13-2010, 06:37 PM

We aren't at the moment recruiting. The maximum limit of players we are going to take to {arr} is 14. Currently we have 12 members, so that means we have 2 spots in {arf}. They are both filled so you'll have to either wait for a spot to open or hope that we decide to expand in the future (though it might be, that the whole {arf} thing will be disbanded).

EDIT: It seems that the information about {arf} in our website is outdated. I apologize for any inconvenience this old information might have caused you.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:52 PM

Hi guys !
I think you all know me 'cause we played a lot of times together so i don't think i need to introduce myself.
I would know if {arr} are recruiting or not, 'cause i spend a lot of time playing alone and i'm fed up with that, i would fine a team.
So, i wonder if you could accept me in your clan.
Cya. See you later.

Edit : i didn't see the previous post, so it's okay, i will wait for a day you will need someone.

Last edited by Mandubienne; 04-23-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:07 PM

Hey Mandubienne, thanks for showing interest in the best Sky Pirates clan ever (...what ?)! As you saw, we are not recruiting for now but I hope to see you around on the arr servers, it's always a pleasure playing with you

Yarr !
Old 04-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Good games today, guys. You rocked us. =(
Old 04-24-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
Good games today, guys. You rocked us. =(
I think these matches showed very well the importance of plane balance. In the first one you guys rocked us cause' we had too light team (only 1 whale and 1 bomber). In the second and third I think you had either too many mirandas (2 most of the time) or too many whales (3 when you noticed 2 mirandas ain't working).

But I was really happy with these games and pleased to see that there are 2-1 results between the clans. Means that we are very close to each other. Everyone has still a chance to win and I hope that the season will have some surprises left (maybe 2G4U does a comeback or something).
Old 05-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Edit: You're right, Goose. I'm sorry. I think I was just appalled that no one in the server seemed to be bothered by a blatantly racist name. I'll send a PM instead.

Last edited by tgleaf; 05-12-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:13 AM

Quote:
I think I was just appalled that no one in the server seemed to be bothered by a blatantly racist name.
Just to clarify on this as I was there : first, I didn't notice it until you brought it, as the scoreboard cut the name. Second, admins on the server being admins (aka untouchables) and name change being on a cooldown, there was not much to do on the moment. As I agree with your initial point though, let's indeed deal with this via PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:31 AM

Let's all send uncle D4rt a private message to explain what has happened because he is confused.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
While we acknowledge your concern, it would be appreciated if you voiced these matters privately via PM with either gemi or D4rt, rather than lecture us on how to behave.
We all know how a lot of you act any way might as well just do it here ^_^.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
We all know how a lot of you act any way might as well just do it here ^_^.
Considering this is the first time anyone has had problem with our clan (and even this situation is still unclear) I find your comment absurd. And there is no reason to settle private matters in public forums. I'm sure that me and Gemi as clan leaders are more than capable of settling this the right way.

I appreciate that you show such concern for the behavior of people around you, but I think that everyone is already aware of your opinion about BALL players. I see no need for you to be spreading such offensive (and probably in the eyes of most Altitude players, incorrect) opinion around in every possible thread that has something to do with BALL.

Of course I might have somehow misunderstood your meaning here but based on your other comments so far I probably didn't.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:38 AM

Also, I almost forgot to add :
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf
your clan tends to be the most respectful, gracious, even-tempered clan I've seen
NO U

Phew, that was close.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:36 AM

If there is a problem with our member I would very much like to hear about it. I don't care if it is through PM or forums. Mots people want to hush these things and do it via PM, but I believe in an open communication and open solving of issues. If one of our members is causing trouble to others or otherwise acts badly I want to know about it and act accordingly. First time can usually be covered with a warning, but I'm not very forgiving so a second offense or a radical misbehavior is most likely a direct kick from the clan. I'm dedicated into keeping our clan a friendly and positive appearance in the game. I also have faith in our members that they respect and follow these wishes of mine.

What comes to names, please guys keep them in line. I don't ever want to hear of a problem like this again.

And what comes to you Kuja, I'm still waiting for your screenshots and direct claims about our clans misbehavior that you toted about in the other thread. Before you deliver me those claims I'll just disregard your comments as general trolling against ball, as they most likely are just that.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:08 AM

Uhhh read my thread more closely I named arr as my favorite.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:20 AM

I am still referring to this line:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
All three of those teams have numerous members I'd lump into the "problem" category.
If we have numerous members that are problematic then I'd like to hear of at least a single case. I asked for it then, but heard nothing.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:34 AM

Pffff. Someone has for a joke nigger in it's name and then he is a problem?
It was for a joke, and I forgot that I can change my name only once a day (wich is a stupid thing, Admins: fix it)

Afterwords the joke was not so funny as it was in my head (I have that problem more often, haha). But I'm sorry if I have offended people with it....
Old 05-12-2010, 11:38 AM

I think the nickname thing is fixxed in today's update 'cause I changed it back already.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _micro View Post
Pffff. Someone has for a joke nigger in it's name and then he is a problem?
It was for a joke, and I forgot that I can change my name only once a day (wich is a stupid thing, Admins: fix it)
Mistakes happen, and because you didn't mean it to be racist or insulting towards anyone I think there is no reason to set any consequences this time (not counting you changing your name to something less offensive of course (which you already did)). Just think these things twice in the future, because you never know who might be insulted by this (I'm sure tgleaf was thinking the same rather than being personally insulted. Correct me if I am wrong, tg).

Quote:
Originally Posted by _micro
Afterwords the joke was not so funny as it was in my head (I have that problem more often, haha). But I'm sorry if I have offended people with it....
Probably everyone has done their share of tasteless jokes because of this. Don't worry, it is not just you.

Hopefully we can all leave this behind us and keep enjoying the game together as no harm was intended.

-D4

Last edited by D4rt; 05-12-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

[Sorry, I wasn't able to send the PM until just now, so everyone was somewhat in the dark since I had removed the original explanation/screenshot from this thread.]

micro, thank you for the apology. I appreciate that you changed your name when you had the chance to.

I think the "joke" and the fact that a few people on Altitude like to use the word "n*gger" in their names bothers me more than most people here. And I'm sure a large part of that is my being a teacher, being from Berkeley, CA, and being older than the average player. I say something about it when it bothers me. Thanks for everyone who was concerned.

And please, please everyone, just ignore Kuja. He's being a troll and it's beyond annoying. He really wants attention, so it's best to just not respond (as tough as that sometimes is).
Old 05-12-2010, 12:59 PM

I'll keep my response here on the forums short. Basically "don't do it again". Thanks. Read my message above to see my stance on behavior in any player groups run by me.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:00 PM

Meh, I don't understand this.
It's not fun to make fun of blacks but okay to make fun of other stuff?

Maybe it's because I wasn't raised in America where such things were taboo, or Europe where everyone makes fun of others races, but I don't see a distinction.

If you can't make fun one something because it's "Wrong" then what makes other things "Okay" to make fun about?

I think South Park put it best for me on its Family Guy orientated episode, either it's all okay or none of it is.

Edit: The only self censor I use it people's limits/ Fear of Violence. I.E. I am scared of dying so saying nigger jokes in a black neighborhood is sometimes not great. Or Insulting Muhammad or showing my picture of Muhammad to religious Muslims and I do not want to get blown up or stabbed.

Mostly though I just don't keep friends with people who think a "cracker"joke is okay but a "nigger"joke is not. Not a big fan of Hippocrates.

Last edited by CCN; 05-12-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
At least in my generation from where i'm from nothing is off limits to make fun too, I call this the SouthPark Influence.
I'm all open to humor on the internet, but the fact is that people on the internet can get offended too and I don't want my clan to offend anyone. Behaving well is one of my personal key aspects of life and I want to reflect that with any groups that I run. I might sometimes bee even unnecessary strict, but I've noticed it usually leads into a far better and tighter group working well together opposed to a bunch of guys making a mess out of everything.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I'm all open to humor on the internet, but the fact is that people on the internet can get offended too and I don't want my clan to offend anyone. Behaving well is one of my personal key aspects of life and I want to reflect that with any groups that I run. I might sometimes bee even unnecessary strict, but I've noticed it usually leads into a far better and tighter group working well together opposed to a bunch of guys making a mess out of everything.
I respect your intentions and your want to use social norms to gain respect, it may almost be a complete necessity.

I'm also pretty sure you also realize someone is going to be offended basically all the time just because.

I just hope you realize the difference between being respectful and being scared/neglectful of the people who trust you to leas ability to speak. While this may not apply to this clan in this moment it definitely applies to say, censoring episodes due to some ridiculous offensiveness and the following threat to violence, or threatening death to Danish cartoonists for drawing a comic.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
And please, please everyone, just ignore Kuja. He's being a troll and it's beyond annoying. He really wants attention, so it's best to just not respond (as tough as that sometimes is).
But we love him. There is no way we will let him starve.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

My main purpose for not wanting to see that language here is to protect people's feelings (sappy, I know). I've had people tell me when someone saying "n*gger" or "f*ggot" really offended them during a game, and as in most real-life situations, it's not always easy for people who are hurt by language to speak up about it. I'm white... so does it personally affect me? I guess it depends what you mean by that, but it does affect me when people feel bad about how they were treated or what they heard. I think a lot of people (especially whites) throw around the N-word and assume it's okay because no one tells them otherwise. And yeah, I get the whole equal-opportunity humor thing, so I guess in some cases what I'm talking about is a double-standard. The bottom line is that I don't like to hear about people being hurt/offended by others' language. Other people take the perspective that if you're offended you don't have thick enough skin.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:31 PM

I realy like to call D4rt a bitch. Because he's {arr}'s bitch. Do I offend the real bitches with this?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:54 PM

Yet i'm sure you would agree this goes to far sometimes.
Muhammads picture, Scientology's sensitivity to being called a cult (which they are).

So the question I ask you is where do we draw the line, I would like to draw it at logic (I.E. Nigger can be hurtful in certain situations but a cult should be labeled one reguardless of how hurt they are by it) but most people lack logical thinking (or the use of it) outside of the small set that is their job. Maybe a line can't be drawn, really, in something that is so fluid. But I believe as long as we can accept sometimes in the aim to not offend we go to far in limited speech (and freedom of it) we can avoid pushing too far into limiting speech for inane reasons.

et tu Tg?

Last edited by CCN; 05-12-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

What a great thread you guys run here! I wish Aces High had a thread like this!

ACES HIGH would like to scrim {arr}.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _micro View Post
I realy like to call D4rt a bitch. Because he's {arr}'s bitch. Do I offend the real bitches with this?
No, I don't think the dogs will mind that. Wait... you call me whatnow?! D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajuk999 View Post

ACES HIGH would like to scrim {arr}.
Sure. PM me some times you could make it (Thursday-Sunday all are good for us I think).