Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:39 AM

Default Cannot play multiplayer

Whenever I try to join a server from home the server list comes up blank, neither my computer or laptop can seem to find any servers. If a friend of mine logs on and I try to connect to the game he is playing it will be 'connecting' forever and never actually connect. The only way I can play this game is at my friends flat.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:27 AM
Administrator

from t he computer that doesnt work please open the console (default is F1 or ~) and type reportBug then press enter and fillin the dialog that pops up.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Hm, just tried this at my work computer to see if I could get you guys some more info (crazy router issues there prevent me from playing), and I can no longer connect to the login server. Opened up the console to try to use the reportbug command anyway, and I can't even type anything there.

Ack?
Old 04-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesDog View Post
Hm, just tried this at my work computer to see if I could get you guys some more info (crazy router issues there prevent me from playing), and I can no longer connect to the login server. Opened up the console to try to use the reportbug command anyway, and I can't even type anything there.

Ack?
there's probably a modal dialog open. if you click the console window it will beep and flash the window that is modal. the modal window must be closed before it will let you focus any other window.

it would be interesting to see if your work is blocking the TCP login process or just the UDP. Do you ever see the UDP Handshake 1 dialog?
Old 04-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViruX View Post
Whenever I try to join a server from home the server list comes up blank, neither my computer or laptop can seem to find any servers. If a friend of mine logs on and I try to connect to the game he is playing it will be 'connecting' forever and never actually connect. The only way I can play this game is at my friends flat.
I have that problem at home too, because of firewalls I don't have access to (and fixed the problem with tools I doubt you have access to). Does it work on your laptop when connected to your friend's internet? Check your firewalls to make sure they're letting Altitude through.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:45 AM

Yes, If I take my laptop that doesn't work to my friends flat and connect to their wireless I can play the game
Old 04-20-2009, 01:48 AM

Well I used to be able to. Yesterday their flat got broken into and the laptop was stolen
Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 AM

Location: iowa... doesn't matter no ones heard of any iowa towns anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViruX View Post
Well I used to be able to. Yesterday their flat got broken into and the laptop was stolen
that = the sux