Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:47 AM

Default Uninstall/Reinstall Bug

I've tried to uninstall/reinstall the game to see if a inconsistent frame rate issue could be resolved. But after reinstalling the game..i've came across a bug...I tried uninstall it again, but it's like the uninstaller doesn't really uninstall everything.

http://files.myopera.com/Wiidark/alb...ultiplybug.png

Last edited by Gigaknight; 05-08-2009 at 03:50 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:24 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure what it is you're trying to show us in the screenshot. What I can tell you is that the Uninstaller does not delete the install directory, this is because someone could be silly and install the game to "C:\Program Files" and we certainly don't want to delete that directory. So, the uninstaller only deletes what IT created, all game generated files are not deleted.

What kind of performance problems are you having? Have you tried turning the texture detail low?
Old 05-08-2009, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
I'm not sure what it is you're trying to show us in the screenshot. What I can tell you is that the Uninstaller does not delete the install directory, this is because someone could be silly and install the game to "C:\Program Files" and we certainly don't want to delete that directory. So, the uninstaller only deletes what IT created, all game generated files are not deleted.

What kind of performance problems are you having? Have you tried turning the texture detail low?
Well, the screenshot shows a 3rd explodet plane. Which isn't supposed to happen. As for the frame rate issue, I have set it on the lowest setting , yet the animation is still skipping. The game ran fine when I first downloaded the game. But on the 2nd day I played it, I noticed that the animation was skipping. I looked at the fps and it was going from al low as 56 up to high as 87, Which seems quite normal... I tried almost about everything I could think of to fix the issue. From running a virus scan, using CCleaner, to actually closing my old desktop and making a new one (of course I copied all my files). Yet it didn't really do anything...
Old 05-08-2009, 04:48 AM
Administrator

That performance issue is very strange -- it really does sound like a background process, though it seems you checked for that. Are you running another media application, such as winamp, or a browser with flash/youtube videos? Fullscreen mode can also help ensure the game receives top priority.

As for the multiple Explodets, you can fix that by editing one of the slots:
1) Click slot 2 -> Edit
2) Click Explodet -> Select Bomber from the popup list
3) Click Done
Now you should have a Bomber in slot 2.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamster View Post
That performance issue is very strange -- it really does sound like a background process, though it seems you checked for that. Are you running another media application, such as winamp, or a browser with flash/youtube videos? Fullscreen mode can also help ensure the game receives top priority.

As for the multiple Explodets, you can fix that by editing one of the slots:
1) Click slot 2 -> Edit
2) Click Explodet -> Select Bomber from the popup list
3) Click Done
Now you should have a Bomber in slot 2.
I never have anything running in the background while playing the game and I always have the game running in full screen mode all the time.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Could you submit a bug report?

Open chat and type
/reportBug
Old 05-08-2009, 05:58 AM

If you have a lot of people on your friends list (20+) the game starts skipping a lot so you can try removing some if that's the issue.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomNom View Post
If you have a lot of people on your friends list (20+) the game starts skipping a lot so you can try removing some if that's the issue.
I have no one on my friends list yet. Okay, i've sent the report, hopefully I can get an explanation for the frame rate issue.

Last edited by Gigaknight; 05-08-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:11 PM

Default I've noticed something..

Whenever i'm online, the FPS are consistent between 84-87 and only drop down to 75 when the action gets too intense. But when i'm versing bots offline, the FPS are inconsistent. At moments they may be as high as 85, but may jump down to 35 and even pause for seconds.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:44 AM
Administrator

bots are pretty resource intensive right now. we plan on optimizing more soon.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:44 PM

Default That explains alot

So thats the reason why the game didnt run so well when im offline. I went through all that mess too trying to solve a problem I had no control over, besides upgrading my system...
Old 05-18-2009, 12:56 AM

Haha, I just realized I don't have to have two configs of each plane type. Bye, Miranda...
Old 05-18-2009, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigaknight View Post
So thats the reason why the game didnt run so well when im offline. I went through all that mess too trying to solve a problem I had no control over, besides upgrading my system...
what kind of processor do you have? Cause even in training mode altitude only takes 5% of my cpu (that 10% of a single core). So i would think it would run on most anything.

try running the game in windowed mode w/ task manager open to monitor cpu usage.