Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Clan Organization

Clan Organization Clan recruiting and other things clans want publicized.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:50 AM

Default Sky Pirates {arr}

We are a small 'casual pro' clan concentrating purely on the ball game mode.

'Casual pro' in our case means that we take the game seriously and try to be as good in it as we can (thus pro), but our training times and amounts vary a lot depending our real lives (thus casual).

Sky Pirates was formed by two enthusiastic brothers, {arr}Gemi and {arr}D4rt, when they started playing the game in late 2009. The clan kept quiet for a couple of months while both trained their flying, killing and scoring skills. In February 2010 the clan started recruitment and within a very short time period we gathered a team full of eager and capable players ready to bring some Yarr to the fields of ball.

{arr} soon rose to the official title of the best ball clan in existence as the team conquered the SkyLeague. {arr} also beat the StreetBallaz 3v3 tournament with their ABE team shortly after that. After a short time of lower success the clan returned to full force in The European Altitude Ball League taking the first place in the league, dominating all but one of the other participating clans with 3-0 victories.

Recruitment to Sky Pirates is always open, but new members are taken rarely. Please contact {arr}Wyrd if you are interested.

If you want to know more about Sky Pirates, Arr friends, our recruitment or our servers, or just want to look at our member roster and other information, please visit our websites at http://gemi.nn.fi/arr/ and http://www.wolfeys-lair.co.uk/arr/.

You'll see us on the field, looting your balls. Yarr!

Leaders:
Captain: {arr}Wyrd
Co-captain: {arr}Sunaku
Elder: {arr}Gemi

Active members:
{arr}_micro
{arr}akkargutt
{arr}cipso
{arr}Dim77
{arr}Habeas
{arr}Lady Squirtle
{arr}Maleus
{arr}Mortva
{arr}skYp
{arr}Strzy
{arr}Trix
{arr}Wolfey

Inactive members:
{arr}D4rt
{arr}Hagnot
{arr}Iderik
{arr}StarDust

Former members:
G00se
Strong Coffee
Tominator
Void

We are open for clan vs. clan matches so feel free to ask us when you see us online. If you want to schedule a match please contact micro through a forum pm, in the game with the name {arr}_micro or post on our own website: http://www.wolfeys-lair.co.uk/arr/

Arr server #3 is meant for play testing new maps. Please visit the server with a bunch of others and let the map creators know what you think of their maps. You can download all of the current maps in a single zip package behind this link: http://gemi.nn.fi/files/arr_server_maps.zip

The list of maps currently in rotation on the server are:

ball_arcanum
ball_atmosphere
ball_cavern
ball_cross (not sure if it's the newest version)
ball_cube
ball_doodle
ball_excel
ball_funnelpark (not sure if it's the newest version)
ball_hardcourt
ball_lazer
ball_ocean
ball_pixelized
ball_risk
ball_skullisland
ball_star
ball_superlazer
ball_thorns

Last edited by gemigemi; 02-23-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:19 PM

Wink Woot Woot

IMHO {aRR} is a good ball clan. Always fun and a challenge to play against. I love the work you've done with the website. I personally hope your stick around as a ball clan as evrything keeps revolving around TBD. Keep up the good work and see you on the field.
P.S. I think Sunaku's best palne is a biplane.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKiLLz View Post
I think Sunaku's best plane is a biplane.
1. miranda (scary good)
2. bomber (deadly good)
3. biplane (still good)

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:29 PM

Red face hmm

In that case I prolly have caught u practicing with a biplane everytime 0=)
Old 02-13-2010, 02:58 AM

Meat shield reporting for duty !
I didn't know my plane was opened for a poll but hey, why not
Gemi managed to kidnap Hagnot who's a great Miranda so we'll see what else we need.
Anyway, thanks for the kind words mom... err, tgleaf .

Last edited by Sunaku; 02-13-2010 at 05:48 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:36 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to iSam

can i join??
Old 02-14-2010, 10:01 AM

Okay, a new patch up: http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2700

Please guys, if you want to get the Ace ranks, make sure that you will unlock any necessary planes and perks before any matches that might be upcoming. Currently this means that please unlock everything before next Saturday.

As a guideline, it will probably take you about 20 hours of effective play to get everything, so keep that in mind.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:13 PM

Active recruitment is currently closed. What this means is that anyone who we have invited to join earlier is still welcome to join us, if they so choose. New applications aren't considered except in very rare cases (a truly exceptional player wants to join, for example).

Member count is now 9 (well 10 actually, but one case is still in the middle of processing). We are now starting to work on our team work and schedule training matches against other groups.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:30 PM

Even though recruitment was closed I have received numerous requests to join the clan. Thus we have opened a "training and recruitment" clan Arr friends {arf} for those who are interested in joining {arr}. Please see the first post for details and please contact me or D4rt in game if you are interested in joining {arf} and eventually {arr}.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemigemi View Post
Thus we have opened a "training and recruitment" clan Arr friends {arf}
Every clan needs a mascot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PirateDog-740602.jpg (32.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 02-17-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Even though recruitment was closed I have received numerous requests to join the clan. Thus we have opened a "training and recruitment" clan Arr friends {arf} for those who are interested in joining {arr}. Please see the first post for details and please contact me or D4rt in game if you are interested in joining {arf} and eventually {arr}.
gemigemi. I'd love to join {arf}. How should I contact you (other than this post ) ? In game ?
Old 02-22-2010, 10:25 PM

We have now had two random training sessions against {ball}. Sadly it's hard to get a good competitive ground for a EU vs US match due to ping problems. First training session was played on {arr} servers and the ping of the US based {ball} people didn't seem to disrupt play too much. Today however the ping caused playing be very bad for both teams as it made playing harder for them and caused a bunch of lag goals when they seemed to be in another place on our screen than where they really were. We tried a couple of US servers, but sadly the servers themselves were lagging, causing massive lag spikes to everyone, so no further maps were played. I hope we can find a suitable good US server at some point as our ping on the US servers is better than what the US players get on EU servers. (for some weird reason)

Screen shots of played maps can be found at http://gemi.nn.fi/arr/gallery.html.

Looking forward to games with less lag problems soon enough! Also, other ball clans feel free to go for scrims against us.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:40 AM

Maimer said that the ladder server has been upgraded so when it's up (it currently isn't) it should be less laggy than it was before. Hopefully it'll be good enough for you guys to play on it.
Still, even considering the lag, you guys were incredibly tough competition the other night. Look forward to getting some good matchups with you in the future
Old 02-23-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkguava View Post
Maimer said that the ladder server has been upgraded so when it's up (it currently isn't) it should be less laggy than it was before. Hopefully it'll be good enough for you guys to play on it.
Still, even considering the lag, you guys were incredibly tough competition the other night. Look forward to getting some good matchups with you in the future
Yeah, I noticed the ladder server update and we'll certainly be giving the server a try. Hopefully it works well so we can use it to match you guys.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:58 PM

All clans interested in scrimmaging against us feel free to contact me in game. Tonight at 22GMT would be a nice time.

Against EU based clans we can play on the {arr} server, against US clans we can play either there or on the no-max-ping ladder server as the new ladder server isn't lagging.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:32 PM

Congrats to {arr} on winning the 1st Annual Ball EuroLeague presented by Dougie!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:15 PM

Congrats on wining the Euro ball league, to us remains the consolation that although we ended up in 2nd place, we whooped the 1st place's ass when we played against you for the league.

Noticed you won all other games by 3-0. Nicely done.

Last edited by mlopes; 12-13-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:23 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saturday
Default Ball clans

Ive been wanting to join a ball clan quite recently i was wondering if I could join this clan because i am very good with randa at ball.

reply to me on altitude if u can ill be on the pacific northwestern time and ill be known as my full name {MR}$aturday-Shift

Ill be waiting
Old 12-22-2010, 10:45 PM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturday View Post
Ive been wanting to join a ball clan quite recently i was wondering if I could join this clan because i am very good with randa at ball.

reply to me on altitude if u can ill be on the pacific northwestern time and ill be known as my full name {MR}$aturday-Shift

Ill be waiting
How many clans have u applied to in the past hour?
Old 12-23-2010, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturday View Post

Ill be waiting
The things one will do to bump our thread. Your dedication is admirable, micro.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:25 PM

guys this clan is going to begin 1 of the bet ball clan, good job guys, lovely clan.

-evil tomato
Old 03-06-2010, 01:05 AM

Yes, as Lethal mentioned, our recruitment is currently at a halt as we have gotten a bit larger than we had aimed for. We are thinking about options (running a second clan, etc etc) but nothing has been decide on yet. We'll see how it goes and will let you know.

Today was a match day for us. We had a random training with {aV0} first. Surprisingly the match wasn't too tough for us and {arr} ended up winning all maps. The first wins were 6-0 and later on {aV0} got a bit closer (even one 6-4 game) when they got a couple of player changes (TMIC especially). Tomorrow is the real match though and I guess they'll bring a more organized team then? We'll see.

The match against {ball*} on the other hand didn't start out too well. We had 11 arr's and 1 arf online and ball also had a huge number of players, so the beginning was a mess when we were trying to figure out teams. This time our team choices didn't work out so well and ball was also simply a LOT better, so they ended up winning 3 maps in a row. Our defense was lacking and I've already ranted on the arr forums about it, so if you are a member please check it out. We then went for a full Explo and Bomber team and were able to rack up our first win. This changed the tide and we were able to get a streak of 3 wins (the rest of maps with normal plane setups), so the total map wins were tied 3-3 for the {arr}vs{ball*}. ball had definitely moar goal than we did overall, so in the end they were the winners of the day. It's a good score, but I'm not satisfied with our teams play today, and overall felt that this was our worst match so far. I guess the only reason we were able to rack up even that many map wins was due to the lag ball players had on our server. Next time we are playing on US servers so we don't have room for so many mistakes. I hope all you members are able to get your spirits up and fly well!

(Also: we need a lobby map on the match servers...)

Last edited by gemigemi; 03-06-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:46 AM

Quote:
I guess the only reason we were able to rack up even that many map wins was due to the lag ball players had on our server.
You are being too modest as their lagging also hindered our playing (like their miranda warping in few seconds from one side of the map to the other, Nikon teleporting around the place, etc.). Without a doubt they were better and overall winners but I would like to clarify that our winnings were not because of lag. Even when Nikon was away only one goal was made if I remember correctly and that was done by {ball/*}. But we'll learn the truth next time we scrim them.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:52 AM

Check out the videos from drunkguava from our training against {aV0}:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkGFYkKP5lw - Random flying around while building up teams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RatkPnQg3o - ball_grotto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smtYy9XG61E - ball_darkwar (this one has some nice looking goals and saves)
Old 04-23-2010, 04:52 PM

Hi guys !
I think you all know me 'cause we played a lot of times together so i don't think i need to introduce myself.
I would know if {arr} are recruiting or not, 'cause i spend a lot of time playing alone and i'm fed up with that, i would fine a team.
So, i wonder if you could accept me in your clan.
Cya. See you later.

Edit : i didn't see the previous post, so it's okay, i will wait for a day you will need someone.

Last edited by Mandubienne; 04-23-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:07 PM

Hey Mandubienne, thanks for showing interest in the best Sky Pirates clan ever (...what ?)! As you saw, we are not recruiting for now but I hope to see you around on the arr servers, it's always a pleasure playing with you

Yarr !
Old 04-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Good games today, guys. You rocked us. =(
Old 04-24-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
Good games today, guys. You rocked us. =(
I think these matches showed very well the importance of plane balance. In the first one you guys rocked us cause' we had too light team (only 1 whale and 1 bomber). In the second and third I think you had either too many mirandas (2 most of the time) or too many whales (3 when you noticed 2 mirandas ain't working).

But I was really happy with these games and pleased to see that there are 2-1 results between the clans. Means that we are very close to each other. Everyone has still a chance to win and I hope that the season will have some surprises left (maybe 2G4U does a comeback or something).
Old 03-03-2010, 10:01 AM

All members who haven't yet done so, please register on our forums. Also all members please read the new topics and respond to any schedule ones.

We (= Wolfey) are working on a new website and will most likely be making that one available within a week or two. With this website we might also offer other ball clans utility such as a personal forum for their members, etc. If any other ball clans are interested, feel free to keep in touch with me.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:54 AM

If you haven't checked our forums {arr} members, please do so and respond to the schedule area topics. We have a match vs {av0} tonight and another one against {ball*} tomorrow.

Edit: My bad, the match against ball* is today and av0 tomorrow.

Last edited by gemigemi; 03-05-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:21 PM

Hey gemi make sure you edit that your NOT accepting most people to join arr OR arf because you don't want to get any larger.

I just don't want other people thinking they can join when they can't.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:41 PM
(5) THE MARVEL

do you intend to scrim other clans?
if yes, (5) would be interested in a scrim against you
Old 12-27-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (5) THE MARVEL View Post
do you intend to scrim other clans?
if yes, (5) would be interested in a scrim against you
Sure, just send me a PM so we can schedule it.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:37 PM

Would you be interested in scriming my ball clan in a best 2 out of 3, on Saturday at 7 pm European standard time ? please give me a private message

Last edited by peterfere; 07-03-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterfere View Post
Would you be interested in scriming my ball clan in a best 2 out of 3, on Saturday at 7 pm European standard time ? please give me a private message
Hey, sorry I haven't read your post until now. This coming weekend and the next one are booked for us, but the one after that might work (depends on SL). We aren't good at gathering on Saturdays, so let's make it a Sunday PM sent with details.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:31 PM

D4rt isnt inactive
Old 08-05-2013, 03:26 PM

He is not, gemi is though.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:28 PM

YAAAARRR

maybe we can try be active
Old 09-11-2013, 07:55 PM

Hey pirates,

I just went on our forum and saw it overflowing with spam I don't know who's our admin but I assume he doesn't know about this yet.

Anyway, I just wanted to suggest that we communicate here until we fix the private forum. For starters, could I have your availabilities for this Sunday, 7:30pm GMT, please?

Thank you!
Old 04-23-2017, 04:00 PM

Uuuuppppp.