Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Server News

Server News Announcements related to privately hosted servers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Slender Slender is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,844
Default

I always suggest to permaban these players but nah, i just get called harsh.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-06-2012, 02:55 PM
DMCM DMCM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,049
Default

I've started to give out harsher bans to players who I got numerous reports and complaints about and who have been warned several times.

Peterfere, Green Hornet and most recenty Amir are examples of that. Two weeks of coop without the presence of this kind of people will be good for us who like to play without idiots disrespecting other players.


By the way I only banned Amir via VaporID because I didn't have his IP. If you could IP-ban him too taht wlould be great.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-08-2012, 02:15 AM
fainaent fainaent is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 62
Default Take away Amateur's admin capabilities

This is X, MemberX, X.cv, etc...

I joined the test server, and started a mid-map balance vote when the last remaining player said to balance. I was banned. I came back two minutes later and was immediately banned again by amateurlobster because 'you're not a map tester'.

I told him off in a PM, at which point he un-friended me, and banned me for 14 days from Coop Sandbox.

Simple admin abuse from someone who isn't mature enough to have the responsibility.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-08-2012, 02:16 AM
fainaent fainaent is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 62
Default

I was also banned for 7 days from Coop Sandbox 2 and 3, and 14 days on the test server.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-08-2012, 03:33 AM
fainaent fainaent is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 62
Default

Kudos as well for the other admins I spoke to for not helping. Coop is the main reason I play alti, so that makes me rage somewhat.

Feels like Lord of The Rings when Theoden says 'The old alliances are dead'.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-08-2012, 04:35 AM
Juin Juin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pyongyang, North Korea
Posts: 81
Default

Admins, please follow a rational and consistent progression of ban durations when you hand out bans. After inspecting some old logs and the database, I found a ridiculous amount of players who were banned for at least a week on their first session (the first time they played on one of our servers). That's wrong.

Please consider sticking with this or making a similar progression if you wish.
2 min. (/kick) -> 1 day -> 1 week -> 1 month -> 3 months -> forever

Also, a ban on the test server should not transcend to the other servers, unless the reason is something awful like quoting a Justin Bieber song. The test server is isolated from the database, it doesn't run SLAPJACKS and it's password-protected.

I removed some bans - let me know if I stepped on someone's toes.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-08-2012, 03:39 PM
AmateurLobster AmateurLobster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 87
Default

I think since map test and sandbox 1 are hosted on same server they maybe share a ban list, at least it appears that way when jammer was kicked out of map test server.

Secondly since we all can't look up the logs, I'll reiterate the point that we need a way to record short-time bans (which may expire before someone looks at listbans)

Finally, let me clarify X's ban.
- Someone who I have never seen before appears on the maptest server, where people I know are testing mineshaft.
- It is my understanding that 1) the map test server is for a select number of invited testers and 2) that the password was mistakenly given out to a bunch of people recently
- This person starts asking people to join [P-L] and just sounded like a total n00b.
- This person midmap votes to balance.
- This person friends me (which I accept) and then calls me a prick.

I think a week long ban is entirely appropriate.
However it seems this person may know juin from a while back, so if it's an unfortunately mix-up, I don't care if you unban him.

Last edited by AmateurLobster; 01-08-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-09-2012, 03:03 AM
mikesol mikesol is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,183
Default

Thread cleaned up at request of op. Please try to keep arguments elsewhere. Thanks
__________________
We can has sigs?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-09-2012, 04:24 AM
fainaent fainaent is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmateurLobster View Post
Finally, let me clarify X's ban.
- Someone who I have never seen before appears on the maptest server, where people I know are testing mineshaft.
- It is my understanding that 1) the map test server is for a select number of invited testers and 2) that the password was mistakenly given out to a bunch of people recently
- This person starts asking people to join [P-L] and just sounded like a total n00b.
- This person midmap votes to balance.
- This person friends me (which I accept) and then calls me a prick.

I think a week long ban is entirely appropriate.
However it seems this person may know juin from a while back, so if it's an unfortunately mix-up, I don't care if you unban him.
I just want to say.

- You didn't bother to ask how I got the password. You didn't bring this up until after you had banned me twice. The original reason was for a mid-map vote(see next point).
- There was one person alive, J-Dog Jammer. He said, and I quote: "bal".
- Yes, I'm trying to get more people to play without perks in coop. However, if you looked at the logs, you would notice that I was actually talking to people I know about it. I've joked with slender several times about taking off his perks.
- I friended you to ask about the ban. Your reason ticked me off because you didn't think to ask who I was or how I got the password. In fact, I said in-game that I was one of the .cv bunch, which should have told you that I'm not a coop 'n00b'.

In all actuality, you banned me for 2 weeks because I called you a 'prick'. My ban was removed, so you re-banned me for the same reasons. I'm glad that you think it's 'appropriate'.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-09-2012, 04:29 AM
Juin Juin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pyongyang, North Korea
Posts: 81
Default

Cheers, Mike.

Lobster, I see the map-test server is running from the same launcher as Sandbox #1, which means those two servers are sharing internal files. They shouldn't. It's time to change the password and separate those servers. Until that happens, please avoid issuing long bans (>1 day) on the test server.

As for X, I've unbanned him from all servers, again, not because he's an old-school co-op regular and my bud, but because I feel the ban wasn't justified and I know it didn't follow a progression. I read the logs and had a word with him. I keep trying to catch you online so we can get this out of the way, but we don't seem to overlap so far.

You're right - we should have some sort of police blotter. corrado33 mentioned he's working on it.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-09-2012, 02:11 PM
AmateurLobster AmateurLobster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 87
Default

ok that's fine juin, I had rebanned him pending your judgement.

He was kicked from test server for 20mins, which would have been all, had he not "ticked" me off in friend chat.
For the record, I accepted his friend request after the kick from test server so he could respond to the kick; I'm not in the habit of banning people without having a reason and will talk to people who feel it's unjustified. I'm also not in the habit of being insulted (however mild the insult may be) by people on my friends list.

I'll be back in the US on wednesday, so I'll be online at more 'normal' times then.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-11-2012, 02:59 AM
corrado33 corrado33 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 63
Default

Did I miss something?

I have a couple of updates.
  • The password for the test server has been changed, if you want it, PM me. As of right now we're not actually testing any maps, so I'll probably take it down anyway.
  • I've made a new admin only command /lastBanned. Unfortunately, the name is misleading. I'm not aware of us storing ban dates in the database, so the command simply fetches the number of times a player has been banned. I feel this should be appropriate unless someone miraculously cleans up their act after a bunch of bans. HOWEVER, the number of bans includes kicks (I believe) and the use of !kickme and ping kicks, so it's not entirely true. I'm not sure how to fix that as of yet(I can fix the !kickme one) Wait, we don't have ping kicks... packet loss maybe?
  • Juin, I could run the test server from the other computer from a different port. Actually, that's a good idea. I wonder how my router will like that because I can't forward the update port to both computers....

Although I'm way overcomplicating this, I think an easy way to do it would be to add a variable to the database (a pain in itself) that's a "ban indicator" if you will. If someone gets banned, it goes up by 1. If they get banned again within a week after their ban ends, it goes up again. If they go a week without getting banned (after their previous ban ended), the number goes down. That way I could make a function itself /computerBan or something to have that number decide the length of the ban. I dunno, give me ideas.

Last edited by corrado33; 01-11-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-11-2012, 03:13 AM
classicallad classicallad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On the base - blockin ur bombs
Posts: 3,123
Default

All of that work for kicks? =P

Just ban the abusers forever - weed out the rubbish.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-12-2012, 05:48 AM
RedLight RedLight is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 143
Default

We aren't your typical ladder bunch.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-14-2012, 01:59 AM
soccernamlak soccernamlak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado33 View Post
HOWEVER, the number of bans includes kicks (I believe) and the use of !kickme and ping kicks, so it's not entirely true. I'm not sure how to fix that as of yet(I can fix the !kickme one) Wait, we don't have ping kicks... packet loss maybe?
Corr, when we were talking and you said I've been banned 6 times based on that command, I can pretty much say I've used kickme maybe once; the rest being from packet loss on various occasions: aka, I do think packet loss is counting as a kick which is counting as a ban. Hope you get it fixed!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-14-2012, 02:03 AM
DMCM DMCM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,049
Default

It can't be packet loss, that happens to me on a daily basis and the command still says 0 bans.

If you've never been kicked/banned before, then they must be all form using !Kickme
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-14-2012, 03:40 PM
RedLight RedLight is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 143
Default

Aw that stinks. I've never been kicked, but I've used !kickme quite a few times.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-21-2012, 06:27 PM
AmateurLobster AmateurLobster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 87
Default

I wonder how many records in sandbox are solo'd maps?
i.e just one person on their own got the best time




Last edited by AmateurLobster; 01-23-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-22-2012, 10:34 PM
soccernamlak soccernamlak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 328
Default

Don't know AmLob; gj



And corr:

http://imgur.com/a/AVyN6


1de_coop_caution

Para false and Para true differences at beginning for me
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-30-2012, 04:22 AM
AmateurLobster AmateurLobster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 87
Default Ragecomics

Some rage comics/advice animals I made to deal with my rage with people on the sandboxes, and also by DMCM's recent namechange. You'll notice there is a theme.





Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 01-30-2012, 05:48 AM
TwistedDuck TwistedDuck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Randa Mechanics™
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmateurLobster View Post
Some rage comics/advice animals I made to deal with my rage with people on the sandboxes, and also by DMCM's recent namechange. You'll notice there is a theme.

<Include Pics here>
Hahhahaha, when i read this i assumed, Oh god this is going to be on 101 again, i was Right!.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-30-2012, 05:50 AM
RedLight RedLight is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 143
Default

For me, it's more of like this:


Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Jesus Jesus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Heaven
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLight View Post
For me, it's more of like this:

Pictures
LOL. Very true.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 PM
TwistedDuck TwistedDuck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Randa Mechanics™
Posts: 635
Default



^
Lol'd
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 PM
DMCM DMCM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,049
Default

ROFL

Thank you, those pics made my day
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Jesus Jesus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Heaven
Posts: 60
Default

The main theme this morning on coop...

Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-31-2012, 12:19 AM
Taylay Taylay is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 19
Default


Last edited by Taylay; 01-31-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-03-2012, 04:06 AM
Mt.Vesuvius Mt.Vesuvius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: If anyone asks, Tmic isnt my pimp..
Posts: 2,472
Default

Fun Fact: that's an actual photo of taylay.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-03-2012, 04:29 AM
Slender Slender is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.Vesuvius View Post
Fun Fact: that's an actual photo of taylay.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Taylay Taylay is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 19
Default

lol funny :|
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-11-2012, 02:51 AM
RedLight RedLight is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 143
Default

Because I'm so massively pro:

Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-12-2012, 08:42 PM
corrado33 corrado33 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 63
Default

Would have been better if we didn't see your name change above
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-15-2012, 02:38 AM
Juin Juin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pyongyang, North Korea
Posts: 81
Default

hahaha, those memes are great. Here are a couple I made at work:






(corrado33)

Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-15-2012, 02:42 AM
TwistedDuck TwistedDuck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Randa Mechanics™
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juin View Post

(corrado33)
Hahahahahaha

Last edited by TwistedDuck; 02-16-2012 at 04:07 AM. Reason: had to fix the quote
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-15-2012, 09:33 PM
AmateurLobster AmateurLobster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 87
Default

Fun Fact: that's an actual photo of corrado33
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 02-19-2012, 10:23 AM
MinecraftLover MinecraftLover is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCM View Post
I've started to give out harsher bans to players who I got numerous reports and complaints about and who have been warned several times.

Peterfere, Green Hornet and most recenty Amir are examples of that. Two weeks of coop without the presence of this kind of people will be good for us who like to play without idiots disrespecting other players.


By the way I only banned Amir via VaporID because I didn't have his IP. If you could IP-ban him too taht wlould be great.
maybe so, but that doesn't mean you had to ban me for 2 DAYS because i called a vote to kick someone who kept swearing at me, does it?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Slender Slender is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,844
Default

Thats why you have a mute option, I whore it on Sandbox.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Arcanecat Arcanecat is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Darkspace
Posts: 22
Default

I don't know if this the proper thread to do this but, I'am requesting a Week Long ban from all the coop Severs on a player.

I wish I had got some evidence, to prove this, but, he goes by the name, catpuke2. I hope you could see what to do about this player. I've seen him try change map, or balance in the middle of games (without the permission of the living players), Plus I've tried kicking him, but that didn't work.

Arcanecat
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-20-2012, 08:32 PM
TwistedDuck TwistedDuck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Randa Mechanics™
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanecat View Post
I don't know if this the proper thread to do this but, I'am requesting a Week Long ban from all the coop Severs on a player.

I wish I had got some evidence, to prove this, but, he goes by the name, catpuke2. I hope you could see what to do about this player. I've seen him try change map, or balance in the middle of games (without the permission of the living players), Plus I've tried kicking him, but that didn't work.

Arcanecat
was it a demo/ low level account ? i think i banned Catpuke (idunno for sure tho) will checkout, next time if he balances/mid-maps take a screenie (F5 for windows)
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-21-2012, 03:05 AM
Arcanecat Arcanecat is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Darkspace
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedDuck View Post
was it a demo/ low level account ? i think i banned Catpuke (idunno for sure tho) will checkout, next time if he balances/mid-maps take a screenie (F5 for windows)
I got some chatlogs, so here they are.
[20:46] catpuke2 has called a vote to balanceTeams.
[20:47] Vote failed with 29% yes votes (needed >60%).
[20:47] Arcanecat: kick him
[20:47] NYANNYANNYAN: who
[20:47] catpuke2: me
[20:47] Arcanecat: catpuke
[20:47] NYANNYANNYAN: why
[20:47] anony_mouse: catpuke read the rules
[20:47] anony_mouse: no midmap balances
[20:47] catpuke2: i did
[20:47] v.ipfail: so he admits to doing so
[20:47] catpuke2: ok
[20:47] v.ipfail: kick
[20:47] tcvang.0: i got sheild
[20:47] catpuke2: NO
[20:47] anony_mouse: read them again
[20:47] catpuke2: ok
[20:48] v.ipfail: you say you read the rules and then you still abuse them

[21:06] catpuke2 has called a vote to balanceTeams.
[21:06] blackdollarz: lol
[21:06] blackdollarz: no rev
[21:06] blackdollarz: damit
[21:06] bay11: hehe
[21:06] Vote failed with 50% yes votes (needed >60%).
[21:06] v.ipfail has called a vote to kick catpuke2.
[21:06] bay11:
[21:06] Vote failed with 43% yes votes (needed >65%).
[21:06] catpuke2: nooo
[21:06] catpuke2: yes
[21:06] v.ipfail: you just did this on the last map
[21:06] bay11: hara
[21:06] v.ipfail: stop letting him get away with crap


[12:08] catpuke2 has called a vote to changeMap 1de_coop_101.
[12:08] Vote failed with 43% yes votes (needed >74%).
[12:08] 3x|TeD: just go on
[12:08] 3x|TeD: thepiratebay
[12:08] /vote kick catpuke2
[12:08] Arcanecat has called a vote to kick catpuke2.
[12:09] spike 12736.0: y
[12:09] catpuke2: nooo
[12:09] Vote failed with 17% yes votes (needed >65%).

[21:15] v.ipfail has called a vote to kick catpuke2.
[21:15] bay11: plz plz plz plz plz plz vote different map plz
[21:15] catpuke2: im a demo user
[21:15] catpuke2: no
[21:15] Vote failed with 43% yes votes (needed >65%).
[21:15] catpuke2: suck it
[21:15] bay11: why
[21:15] v.ipfail: mid vote
[21:15] catpuke2: his meen
[21:15] v.ipfail: multi times
[21:15] dazza_96.0: bal plz

I hope that helps.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2008 Nimbly Games LLC