Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Server News

Server News Announcements related to privately hosted servers.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:01 PM

Default Kyxoan's Football server 24/7 no lag

Hey all, last night while playing on some random ball servers I kept getting lag spikes (as did others) and I decided right there that I was going to get a good server with no lag to make sure I'd have a place to play some lag free football.

I at first got a 20 slot, but due to popular demand (or popular displeasure) I have set up 2 smaller servers, instead of 1 large one. I have:

Kyxoan's Football server 24/7 no lag - Which is a 14 slot dedicated server box with some of the best hardware available, hosted from jestservers.com. All of the servers from here are made with the most top quality hardware and in the best datacenters around the U.S.

Because I know that it sucks to have to wait in a join queue, I have also purchased another server in the same location with 10 slots as an overflow / backup / smaller player map (for those that enjoy a smaller football setup.

that server is called Kyxoan's Football server 24/7 no lag #2

I hope you all decide to join up and favorite my servers so that we can get the best use out of the money spent. From what I have seen, there are 0 lag spikes, and no one has reported any lag, not even people from Australia with 250 ping.

I am also going to be looking for moderators / admins for both of my servers, so if you are interested, I'd suggest being an active part of my server's community.

When our population becomes stable, I may even create a private forum and start having tournaments for the ball players.

Thanks for the read!
Old 02-18-2011, 04:26 PM

Sexylicious, more servers are always a good thing! Would you consider changing the smaller server to a standard ball one? There are tonnes of football servers, but not so many lag free random ball ones (for me at least).
Old 02-18-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Sexylicious, more servers are always a good thing! Would you consider changing the smaller server to a standard ball one? There are tonnes of football servers, but not so many lag free random ball ones (for me at least).
Agreed, but we also now have an LF:: EU public ball server. *hint hint* *nudge* *nudge* *shameless plug*.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:55 PM

I may change the map list on one of them, but I want to make sure at least 1 is popular first =P
Old 02-18-2011, 08:57 PM

Looks good! I would recommend making your second server at least 12 slots though. I know it's an overflow server etc., but wouldn't you rather play 6 v 6 anyway?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:27 PM

You should make it hard walls.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:48 AM

people actually commented that they liked the 10 slot, no Idea why I thought 10 v 10 was pretty fun but others didn't =P

No ones on now though so I'm kinda sad =/
Old 02-28-2011, 04:02 AM

I have changed my 10 slot server to hard wall (this is #2) #1 is still 14 slot bouncy. Enjoy!