Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:32 PM

Default Power up: Energy

Overview:

This power up will be much like the health power up, in that it is used immediately and cannot be stored.

It fully recharges the energy of a plane, and also provides a second energy bar, which is indicated by a lighter blue bar over the normal blue energy bar. This second energy bar does not regenerate; as you use it, it decreases until you run out and you're back to your normal energy bar.

In effect, it gives you an instant energy refill and double total energy capacity until you use it up.

Uses:

TBD, BALL, 1BD, 1DE:
Gives the objective carrier an extra burst of speed from afterburners/warp, which can be used to force the bomb/ball through a defending team. Obviously though you will need to be very lucky with the power up spawn, and with your extra speed you will also likely leave your teammates behind.
Also gives other players a burst of extra energy if they need to unload more firepower in a short time, but unless they're on the front lines the power up could be wasted through afterburning/warping.

FFA, TDM, 1DM:
Again, the powerup can be used to give a quick boost to weapons or afterburners/warps.

Problems:

The explodet already uses a light blue energy bar to indicate a missile in flight, and this would have to override this in order to work. However, you can already see the missile (or lack of missile) on the explodet model ingame, so this isn't a difficult obstacle to overcome. Just depends on how many explodet users prefer watching the energy bar, really; if most of them do, then this idea is scuppered since I think adding a whole new energy bar would just be adding too much clutter to the UI.

Anyway, thoughts?
Old 07-25-2011, 06:12 PM

TA quadruple warp

lol.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:15 PM

Randa quintupledash.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
TA quadruple warp

lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
Randa quintupledash.
Annnnd for those reasons I say no, then again.....6 shot HC with a double energy bar....IM IN!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Banned

10 mines from splodet? ok
Old 07-25-2011, 06:43 PM

It could be a usage power up, you need to press s and not be carrying bomb or ball to use it. And it could only be a refill, not double. Still though, that would seem way op especially in neutral maps where randas w/ ultra could just warp across the whole map.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:56 PM

Maybe if it's a power-up that you can hold with you and refills something like 25% or 50% of your energy bar..
Old 07-25-2011, 09:27 PM

If you think it's too much, then maybe we could just tone it down to an instant energy refill, no secondary bar. To be honest I was trying to make this awkward to use effectively by making it activate on pickup, hence you can't choose when to use it to top up. I don't play Altitude very well though, so if you competitive players think that's overpowered then toning down the power is fine.

How would an instant energy refill sound? Personally I'm trying to stay away from the pickup idea - I had this as a counterpart to the health pickup in my mind, but if you think it fits better as a usage power up, you would know better than me.