Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:46 PM

Default Power Up: Friendly Fire

Just a suggestion to see what everyone thinks. Take the power up and all of your shots will do damage to all planes or turrets and planes on your own team will do damage to you. I don't think it would be a good idea for the bomb to do damage to your own base though. I don't know if it would be something that you could activate like shield, or it would work like health in that it begins to work immediately.
This would hopefully keep players away from just floating over the power ups all of the time. And it may be helpful for those times when bot decides to wait forever behind a wall in justice or origami.
-KBC
Old 07-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

Hello and welcome to the Altitude community. I'm going to be direct and tell you that this is a terrible idea, mainly because people are idiots and would start shooting at each other for no reason, and also because this powerup wouldn't be versatile at all if the only reason you're wanting this is to kill bots that are blocked while holding the bomb.

I don't understand your point about keeping players from floating over the powerups, care to explain?
Old 07-10-2011, 10:03 PM

What I mean by players hovering over power ups is reving or using the secondary fire of the biplane. Killing bots is just an added bonus the real point is to have to think before taking a power up. Many games have such a dynamic and it doesn't have to be friendly fire something else purely negative could take its place. It would reduce power up hording a bit as well.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demuyt View Post
I'm going to be direct and tell you that this is a terrible idea, mainly because people are idiots and would start shooting at each other for no reason...snip
I don't see anything wrong with this.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

I see your point, but then it would become natural to avoid picking those up. And if they don't get picked up, there will be no more walls, missiles and shields available.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:15 PM

Id start killing my own teammates in ladder, and the best part would be that they cant shoot you.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Banned

or just stupid.

If it was a bet I'd go with #2 tho'.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:27 AM

Lets totally put this in the game. Griefing and trolling would skyrocket exponentially. Ladder would be damn near unplayable.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:12 AM

I would do nothing but kill whatever teammate I am currently annoyed with repeatedly if this were implemented.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:34 AM

Another option would be to rotate the power ups ever five seconds or so once they appear, so that friendly fire and shield wouldn't stay forever.
Of course so many changes would cause too much grief, so never mind.
-kbc
Old 07-11-2011, 01:41 AM

While we're on the subject of really kick ass suggestions, I would like to suggest Altitude get a "Jet-Ski" mode. It would be very similar to Wave Race 64.

While on your Jetski, you would also have a variety of pistols and sub machine guns, that you would use to shoot at your opponents GTA driveby style. Then when you finished your race you could get in a car and drive around a big city GTA style back to your house (Full customizable of course) and then play regular Altitude on your computer.

I don't know how hard this would be to implement but I think it's a really good idea so GOGOGO Klamster!!!11!1
Old 07-11-2011, 01:58 AM

Thanks Demuyt for your serious and reasonable reply, and everyone else for your boundless tact. Clearly to be filed in the bad idea category.
-kbc
Old 07-11-2011, 05:00 AM

Don't feel too bad Kabo for the admittedly bad suggestion. Most players in this community have the a level of sarcasm hitherto thought impossible. Myself included.

SOLUTION 1: patch the game so that one of every 400 item spawns will cause the altitude game to freeze completely while a clip of Samuel L. Jackson swearing profusely plays on loop in the background.

SOLUTION 2: fly toward the young whippersnapper. When within range, hold down "f" key until dead.

-- slight
Old 07-12-2011, 01:29 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

+1 for loopy hopping imo
Old 07-25-2011, 05:45 AM

Negative effects:
Your plane accepts friendly fire
Your plane is slower/other stat decrease
Your plane has a dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demuyt View Post
I see your point, but then it would become natural to avoid picking those up. And if they don't get picked up, there will be no more walls, missiles and shields available.
Spawning powerups have a chance to be a negative effect. After they have been out for 5 seconds without a grab, it gets altered into another random powerup, fixing the "never picked up" problem. Good powerups shouldn't rotate.

Also, this is a server option. Default would be current powerup system. Alas, the servers running negative powerups may just get avoided.