Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:59 AM

Default Fantasy for SL14 (likely not happening)

My fantasy code was failing due to having an odd number of teams this season. I hadn't really though of number of teams being an issue until now, but it seems to be a major problem after thinking about it.

I'd probably have to switch fantasy to draft per round rather than per week and then people would primarily only draft players playing against the bottom team(s). Last season it wasn't a big deal to slightly modify salaries based on the teams each player would be up against, but I think it would throw things off too much with less teams and doing it by rounds instead of weeks.

However, if you have any ideas on how to make fantasy work well this season tell me your suggestions ASAP as I really need to get any changes coded tomorrow if there is some way to make it work.

I was thinking I might replace it with some kind of playoff bracket challenge. Since we don't have that many teams there should be several correct brackets and scores of matches and maybe more would need to be used for scoring brackets.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:13 AM

I don't know all the complexities of how you calculate salaries, so these may not work, but this is what comes off the top of my head.

Option 1
Only have fantasy for playoffs.

Option 2
Players only playing 1 game cost half as much. Let people take a calculated gamble.

Option 3
People need to pay attention to who is playing, and draft appropriately.

Last edited by biell; 02-03-2017 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:26 AM

Fantasy doesn't really work for playoffs because matchups are only known for first round with any others being based on who wins.

I guess I could consider making players only playing 1 game cost half, but having players on 2 out of 5 teams all cost half is a lot. It probably would work better that if each of the player slots can be either 1 player from a team playing two games or 1 from EACH of the teams playing one game at half salary (so 2 players total, effectively one for each round). I might need to lower the number of player slots down from 6 to 4 to make it more manageable if I were to do that though.

I will look at the code in the morning and try to judge how much work that would take. Definitely changes almost everything related to fantasy so not a quick change.

update: While it would work it isn't quite ideal and I haven't had time to update the code. I will try to get a bracket challenge ready in time for playoffs.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 02-05-2017 at 03:03 AM.