Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:42 PM

Default Imagine my Surprise

So I was browsing around some forums yesterday when I read a thread with the title "Altitude - Beta Multiplayer" and felt the gears of memory begin to creak and whir within my mind. "Surely not that little aeroplane game? Not after all this time..." Unbelievably it was true, and not only was it still going but it appeared to have undergone an epic transformation from a rather crude (albeit super fun) bedroom coding project into an honest to god game. You know, the kind with graphics.

I hopped online and joined a game and felt like I had stepped through some sort of time portal back to 2003/4, back to those heady days of playing a silly java aeroplane game called Biplanes. I saw Blank, Pillars and the two Lams almost immediately. Then the unthinkable happened, somebody recognised me (hey Argonide!) I even see names I still remember on the forums like DiogenesDog and the other King.

So what can I say? Great work on the game obviously, it looks fantastic. And, well, hey!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Awesome to see you back. NimbyCaves was awesome, one of the best maps produced by the community imo.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:30 PM

Haha, Lamster just said ingame "you made Nimbycaves right?"

Was it really that good?

I have to admit, I opened the map tool already. Was a little confused but I will be taking a closer look. NimbyCaves2 perhaps one day?
Old 01-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

It is very good to see you back, and I agree with dio, I look forward to nimblycaves2.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:59 PM

I admit I forgot who you were :| But I do remember NimbyCaves... in fact, I always thought it was suppose to say NimblyCaves for some reason.... So, hi :0
Old 01-19-2009, 10:34 PM

My biplane spent many of long hours happily bouncing along the fields of nimbycaves.

Welcome back Nimby

-Bob