Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:53 AM

Location: iowa... doesn't matter no ones heard of any iowa towns anyway
Default profanity

well this may just have been an isolated case but last night i was playing with six or seven people and started looking at the text being typed and there was quite a bit of unnecessary words used. ex. nigger, spik, mother f#$ker ext. it was really really one annoying and two ridiculously offensive. i admit i swear but a lot of this were attacks on other players and i personally i'd like to see this better enforced. the last thing i want is this to turn into a game known for its immaturity.

-spirtz
Old 02-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Administrator

The best solution is to mute the offensive players. You can do that by holding Tab to bring up the scoreboard, clicking the player's name, and selecting Mute from the popup menu.

We'll be adding a ban command soon which will allow a majority vote (70%) to temporarily ban disruptive players -- but if the other players in the server don't mind the abusive behavior, that may not help you. In the future I hope some people will choose to host their own servers and enforce community standards on them.

Alternatively, there is an option to filter swear words [Options -> General -> Filter Swear Words]. If you have kids playing the safest bet is to disable chat altogether, under the same menu.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to Aircommando

yea some people get a little too into it
Old 02-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

I have to say that I have looked at your list of swear words that you filter and I have to say that some of the included words as well as some of the excluded words surprised me. On what basis did you construct this list?
Old 02-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Administrator

I think we googled "offensive words US" and "offensive words UK", and added all entries designated as highly offensive to our list. The plan is to improve the list later based on user suggestions
Old 02-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.noswearing.com/list.php
Old 02-20-2009, 01:56 AM

Location: iowa... doesn't matter no ones heard of any iowa towns anyway

i have no problem with the asdfh words but its the slang racial slurs and sexual stuff that bugs me
Old 02-20-2009, 11:15 AM

mother f#$ker
Old 02-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
I have to say that I have looked at your list of swear words that you filter and I have to say that some of the included words as well as some of the excluded words surprised me. On what basis did you construct this list?
you can edit the list to your liking. just 1 word per line o_O