Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:40 PM

Default 1v1 Ultimate Tourney

The popo shut me down

Last edited by York; 01-12-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:58 PM

Sign me in, Flight.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:04 PM

Sounds interesting. But one of the problems w/ the current tournament is a vague description of the rules which leads to a lot of confusion. Same problem here...

- When is this taking place? (Dates + times relative to GMT)
- How many weeks is it going to take to get through the tournament? (4 weekends for the current tournament seems a bit too long to me)
- When does registration end?
- How many rounds are played to determine the outcome of a single 1v1? (current tournament has one round to decide, many people were suggesting that it be best of 3)
- What does it take to decide a round? (how many kills or deaths or whatever, dependent on map)
- What maps are allowed/disallowed?
- Are all perks allowed (I'm assuming so)?
- Are we committed to using a single plane of our choice (i.e. for the whole tournament)?
- If answer to previous question is 'no', can we switch planes/perks mid-round? Between rounds (if it takes multiple rounds to decide the outcome of a single 1v1)?
- What's the stance on powerups?
- Is there a 'lag cap'?
- How are the initial matchups going to be decided? Random? By plane?
- etc...
Old 01-12-2010, 03:21 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Mr.OneTwo
Default I'm in

I'm In and seen that I pass a lot of time on altitude I can check the matches and a server if u want me to. I'll surely do it but only if matches will have a pre-choosen time; for example:If I should be from 5 to 8 pm GMT online to check the server, I will. Otherwise I won't be able to be online. I need to know it before.

Last edited by Mr.OneTwo; 01-12-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:57 PM

sign me in
Old 01-12-2010, 07:15 PM

This wont work unfortunately but good luck anyway. To many people, too little time, even the other 1v1 tourneys are having a hard time. If it goes through and its not won by a miranda or explodet your tourney is flawed

Last edited by Stormich; 01-12-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

I would love to be in this, SIGN ME IN YORK BABY!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:46 PM

Corrected typo in the title.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwanglos View Post
- When is this taking place? (Dates + times relative to GMT)
- How many weeks is it going to take to get through the tournament? (4 weekends for the current tournament seems a bit too long to me)
- When does registration end?
- How many rounds are played to determine the outcome of a single 1v1? (current tournament has one round to decide, many people were suggesting that it be best of 3)
- What does it take to decide a round? (how many kills or deaths or whatever, dependent on map)
- What maps are allowed/disallowed?
- Are all perks allowed (I'm assuming so)?
- Are we committed to using a single plane of our choice (i.e. for the whole tournament)?
- If answer to previous question is 'no', can we switch planes/perks mid-round? Between rounds (if it takes multiple rounds to decide the outcome of a single 1v1)?
- What's the stance on powerups?
- Is there a 'lag cap'?
- How are the initial matchups going to be decided? Random? By plane?
- etc...
Not sure on times. Maybe after all these 1v1's are done. During APL would be nice, to pass time during the week.
I can;t say how long it will take. If four people sign up, 1 day, if 200, it could take 2 months. I don't know.
I'll let you all know when registration ends, like with a date, until then, its the first 200 people to sign up.
Its best of 3. Matches are duels, so it is going to be 1dm.
I'll make it 21 rounds, so you need to win 11 times. That wins one game. So to win a match, it would be 22 kills.
All 1dm maps are allowed.
All perks can be used.
You can change planes when ever you want. After a match, after a game, during a game.
All power-ups can be used.
The schedule will be random as well as times. I am going to assign time slots to make it easier for the admins. I wont be breaking it up into plane type either because that the whole point on this tourny.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:59 PM

sign me up, u know who i am
Old 01-12-2010, 09:08 PM

me too

10char
Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.OneTwo View Post
I'm In and seen that I pass a lot of time on altitude I can check the matches and a server if u want me to. I'll surely do it but only if matches will have a pre-choosen time; for example:If I should be from 5 to 8 pm GMT online to check the server, I will. Otherwise I won't be able to be online. I need to know it before.
Thanks for being an admin. What's you in game name? And yes, all admins will be told the games they must attend long be fore the game starts.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

you all really need to coordinate with me before u start throwing events around
Old 01-12-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilarsenal View Post
you all really need to coordinate with me before u start throwing events around
Why, I didn't think I need permission from you. I am not going to interfere with your 1v1's or APL. Would you like to be an admin?
Old 01-12-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by York View Post
Why, I didn't think I need permission from you. I am not going to interfere with your 1v1's or APL. Would you like to be an admin?
Not interfere with APL ye sure. You already tried to make n APL pre-season :s
Old 01-12-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf'j'max View Post
Not interfere with APL ye sure. You already tried to make n APL pre-season :s
Not quite true. I said It the pre-season tourny. Becuase well, it a tourny, before the season. Just for fun, no one is going to take it seriously. I coulda called it The Tourny That Takes Place Before The APL Season. AS A MTTER OF FACT, MODS, PLEASE CHANGE THE NAME TO THAT. JEEZ, people gottta get off my back
Old 01-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

I don't see any problem with people coordinating their own tourneys and leagues without talking to evil first. Evil's not the "god" of all leagues, he just happens to be the successful organizer of the biggest one.

What worries me is the apparent lack of organization that seems to behind some of these threads. I personally don't sign up for a league or tourney unless I know the exact rules, format, dates, and how it conflicts with other events that are already going on. I encourage you to make a tourney or league or other thing for the benefit of everyone, but I think such an endeavor should only be taken on if you intend to see it through to the end and provide enough information for everyone to know what they are committing themselves to.

I'm worried these two tourneys you have just created will go the same way that your previous "Minor League" one did, because the same lack of organization was evident in the last league that you failed to start.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
I don't see any problem with people coordinating their own tourneys and leagues without talking to evil first. Evil's not the "god" of all leagues, he just happens to be the successful organizer of the biggest one.

What worries me is the apparent lack of organization that seems to behind some of these threads. I personally don't sign up for a league or tourney unless I know the exact rules, format, dates, and how it conflicts with other events that are already going on. I encourage you to make a tourney or league or other thing for the benefit of everyone, but I think such an endeavor should only be taken on if you intend to see it through to the end and provide enough information for everyone to know what they are committing themselves to.

I'm worried these two tourneys you have just created will go the same way that your previous "Minor League" one did, because the same lack of organization was evident in the last league that you failed to start.
But it's got the word 'ultimate' in it!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:21 PM

Send a message via MSN to VeRiTaS Send a message via Skype™ to VeRiTaS

sign me up...
Old 01-13-2010, 01:28 AM

hey, if there is a 1v1 tourney, sign me up.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:19 AM

Rofl, how can people say sign me up if they don't even see anything in the opening statement. Does that mean these people don't read?
Old 01-13-2010, 03:49 AM

this means, that there was actually written everything needed about the initiative, until one of the known admins deleted the message and changed it to what it is now.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:55 AM

I also looked at the times in which the message was edited, and compared it to the times in which the posts were made.

"Last edited by York; Today at 04:22 PM. "

"Today, 07:28 PM - Tank's post"

I guess, I apologize for saying people, when I should've addressed Tank. My bad.